Heico XC60 Project has begun - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
    Results 106 to 138 of 138
    1. #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by beerbaron View Post
      where did you get the LED's from ?
      Link:https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Nighteye...-/391890858832
      Word of caution to some of you thinking of this conversion: I was finally able to get my high beam bulbs out, and my 2011 S60 T6 ended up having H7 high beam bulbs, and these H11 LEDs don’t fit. I’m not sure if that means that some XC60s might also run into that problem as well, or perhaps S60s and XC60s use different bulb formats. In retrospect I should done my research more carefully.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #107
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Word of caution to some of you thinking of this conversion: I was finally able to get my high beam bulbs out, and my 2011 S60 T6 ended up having H7 high beam bulbs, and these H11 LEDs don’t fit. I’m not sure if that means that some XC60s might also run into that problem as well, or perhaps S60s and XC60s use different bulb formats. In retrospect I should done my research more carefully.
      I honestly can't remember if they're H7 or H9. Always check the OEM bulb first before ordering anything.
      They take literally 1 minute to remove and replace.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    4. #108
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Then this suddenly happened:

      Custom rebuilt / bored K16 to a billet K26/GTX3071 with Heavy Duty thrust system, machined and balanced.
      71mm compressor with 54.1mm inducer & 76mm ext tips.

      A quick comparison:
      3.0l T6 turbo: 62mm compressor with 47.7mm inducer & 65.6mm ext tips.
      Polestar T6 turbo: 62mm compressor with 49.6mm inducer & 65.6mm ext tips.

      Plus GFB DV+ T9358 diverter valve

      43823256_10160951524635298_2053703951919874048_n.jpg

      44026555_10160951524875298_1324323345763663872_o.jpg

      Plus new custom 3" MAF housing and AIRAID intake filter.

      43743636_10160942509410298_4628869804621561856_o.jpg

      43573291_10160942506680298_4112842622312120320_o.jpg

      Heico are currently creating a new tune with around 20psi to utilise the new parts.
      The dyno run of 230kw / 308hp @ 4 wheels was done at 14psi.
      Last edited by Ocean Racer; 04-11-2019 at 08:31 AM.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Word of caution to some of you thinking of this conversion: I was finally able to get my high beam bulbs out, and my 2011 S60 T6 ended up having H7 high beam bulbs, and these H11 LEDs don’t fit. I’m not sure if that means that some XC60s might also run into that problem as well, or perhaps S60s and XC60s use different bulb formats. In retrospect I should done my research more carefully.
      I honestly can't remember if they're H7 or H9. Always check the OEM bulb first before ordering anything.
      They take literally 1 minute to remove and replace.
      I think it was snowing when I ordered those parts, and without heated garage space my opportunity to work on cars can be limited both by time and weather. In any case I made the mistake of thinking those were literally the correct bulb types rather than just the correct brand of bulb, which is my own fault for not double-checking in person to verify fitment.

      Did you have any difficulty getting them to seat securely? My factory H7s are pressed in place by the wiring plug that also clips onto brackets that locate the plug and keeps both the wiring harness plug and the H7 assembly from backing out of its socket. The online pics of the H7 version of these Nighteyes shows a separate plug on the LED that would appear to necessitate the factory plug/ clip piece to float freely once both plugs are connected to one another. Any advice? Also, is there any way you can check your Amazon history to confirm which style of bulb you actually used? Thanks in advance!
      Nick
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    7. #110
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      234
      Wow, keep us updated on the performance after this tune and how the tranny holds up to the abuse! Thanks.

    8. #111
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Did you have any difficulty getting them to seat securely? My factory H7s are pressed in place by the wiring plug that also clips onto brackets that locate the plug and keeps both the wiring harness plug and the H7 assembly from backing out of its socket. The online pics of the H7 version of these Nighteyes shows a separate plug on the LED that would appear to necessitate the factory plug/ clip piece to float freely once both plugs are connected to one another. Any advice? Also, is there any way you can check your Amazon history to confirm which style of bulb you actually used? Thanks in advance!
      Nick
      Hi mate,
      These bulbs have a small ballast with a harness that connects into the OEM harness. This gets tucked away inside the headlight housing.
      The bulbs simply twist in place as per expected. No issues at all - as long as you get the correct ones.
      Very easy and simple plug and play process.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    9. #112
      Junior Member tunedxc60's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      515
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Then this suddenly happened:
      Now this is getting serious! :-)



      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      2018 XC90 T6 Inscription - Polestar tune + Racechip GTS, and Stealth Hitch
      2011 C30 (Ex K-Pax Racing)
      SOLD: 2016 XC60 T6 AWD Platinum/Inscription - Full bolt ons (Snabb air intake & turbo pipe, Do88 Intercooler, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Ferrita downpipe, IPD exhaust catback, H&R Springs), Stage 3 Hilton Tune: Dual JL Audio 10" stealth subs & 750Watt amp

    10. #113
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Anchorage, Alaska
      Posts
      191
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Word of caution to some of you thinking of this conversion: I was finally able to get my high beam bulbs out, and my 2011 S60 T6 ended up having H7 high beam bulbs, and these H11 LEDs don’t fit. I’m not sure if that means that some XC60s might also run into that problem as well, or perhaps S60s and XC60s use different bulb formats. In retrospect I should done my research more carefully.
      Bunnspeed: Both of my XC60's use H7's for the high beams and I would like to convert to these LED's. Living in Alaska with it's long dark winters I can use all the light output that I can get! How did you get your H7 high beam bulbs out? I see that they are held into the sockets by a black "clip" that also provides the power to the bulb. But for the life of me I cannot see a way to remove the bulbs without breaking something. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Pete
      2016 XC60 T5 Seashell Metallic, Platinum, IPD Anti-Sway Bar
      2011 XC60 R Design Passion Red; IPD Anti-Sway Bar; Polestar Tune

    11. #114
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUKTY2 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Word of caution to some of you thinking of this conversion: I was finally able to get my high beam bulbs out, and my 2011 S60 T6 ended up having H7 high beam bulbs, and these H11 LEDs don’t fit. I’m not sure if that means that some XC60s might also run into that problem as well, or perhaps S60s and XC60s use different bulb formats. In retrospect I should done my research more carefully.
      Bunnspeed: Both of my XC60's use H7's for the high beams and I would like to convert to these LED's. Living in Alaska with it's long dark winters I can use all the light output that I can get! How did you get your H7 high beam bulbs out? I see that they are held into the sockets by a black "clip" that also provides the power to the bulb. But for the life of me I cannot see a way to remove the bulbs without breaking something. Any insight would be greatly appreciated! Pete
      Hi Pete!
      I got the bulb out by very carefully depressing the tabs of that clip with a long needle nose plier while simultaneously pulling that assembly upward. The clip and wiring assembly is very brittle so be very careful and I would not attempt to do this job when the plastic is cold and more likely to snap. I’m not convinced that the H7 LEDs are a viable replacement as the ones I’ve seen do not connect the same way (the factory H7 is held in place by the plug that is also a clip), and instead the LED bulbs have an extra wire and connecter which would prevent you from being able to pin the light bulb to the socket when you plug it back into that now-loose clip/plug/wiring harness assembly. I, too, am hoping for additional info before ordering a different H7. I’m still running the stock H7 highs.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    12. #115
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Anchorage, Alaska
      Posts
      191
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Hi Pete!
      I got the bulb out by very carefully depressing the tabs of that clip with a long needle nose plier while simultaneously pulling that assembly upward. The clip and wiring assembly is very brittle so be very careful and I would not attempt to do this job when the plastic is cold and more likely to snap. I’m not convinced that the H7 LEDs are a viable replacement as the ones I’ve seen do not connect the same way (the factory H7 is held in place by the plug that is also a clip), and instead the LED bulbs have an extra wire and connecter which would prevent you from being able to pin the light bulb to the socket when you plug it back into that now-loose clip/plug/wiring harness assembly. I, too, am hoping for additional info before ordering a different H7. I’m still running the stock H7 highs.
      Thank you for your timely and informative response! I have done quite a bit of research online for a H7 LED replacement bulb but the unique factory clip and wiring that hold the bulb into the socket definitely presents a challenge. All of the LED's that I have seen have cooling fins that would prevent the use of the factory clip/wiring. Like you I will hold off on purchasing any replacement bulbs for now but will keep looking. Pete
      2016 XC60 T5 Seashell Metallic, Platinum, IPD Anti-Sway Bar
      2011 XC60 R Design Passion Red; IPD Anti-Sway Bar; Polestar Tune

    13. #116
      Quote Originally Posted by BLUKTY2 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Hi Pete!
      I got the bulb out by very carefully depressing the tabs of that clip with a long needle nose plier while simultaneously pulling that assembly upward. The clip and wiring assembly is very brittle so be very careful and I would not attempt to do this job when the plastic is cold and more likely to snap. I’m not convinced that the H7 LEDs are a viable replacement as the ones I’ve seen do not connect the same way (the factory H7 is held in place by the plug that is also a clip), and instead the LED bulbs have an extra wire and connecter which would prevent you from being able to pin the light bulb to the socket when you plug it back into that now-loose clip/plug/wiring harness assembly. I, too, am hoping for additional info before ordering a different H7. I’m still running the stock H7 highs.
      Thank you for your timely and informative response! I have done quite a bit of research online for a H7 LED replacement bulb but the unique factory clip and wiring that hold the bulb into the socket definitely presents a challenge. All of the LED's that I have seen have cooling fins that would prevent the use of the factory clip/wiring. Like you I will hold off on purchasing any replacement bulbs for now but will keep looking. Pete
      You’re welcome! Please let me know if you come up with a solution for an H7 LED highbeam. I rarely use highs and mainly liked the idea of having the yellow cat eye effect from the reflection of the yellow LEDs when the lights are off. Kind of a classic “euro” thing but at this point it might not be worth the headaches of making it happen with LEDs. I might do what I did with my GTI and replace those bulbs with yellow halogens. I think I went with Nokyans, which looked pretty cool imo
      Attached Images Attached Images
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    14. #117
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Anchorage, Alaska
      Posts
      191
      I will definitely post if I find a viable LED replacement (I will start a new thread). Pete
      2016 XC60 T5 Seashell Metallic, Platinum, IPD Anti-Sway Bar
      2011 XC60 R Design Passion Red; IPD Anti-Sway Bar; Polestar Tune

    15. #118
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      5
      I have been looking into the LED headlight upgrade for my XC60. I ordered the bulbs that are listed above by Ocean Racer. They don't appear to work with my MY12 or at least the Rdesign variant. Heres a picture from the internet of the assembly I have. The high beam is the cylinder on the left. Is this what you guys have? If so, how do i go about removing it?
      Attachment 46661

    16. #119
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      994
      Quote Originally Posted by BHAMXC60R View Post
      I have been looking into the LED headlight upgrade for my XC60. I ordered the bulbs that are listed above by Ocean Racer. They don't appear to work with my MY12 or at least the Rdesign variant. Heres a picture from the internet of the assembly I have. The high beam is the cylinder on the left. Is this what you guys have? If so, how do i go about removing it?
      Attachment 46661
      Post your picture by hitting the GO ADVANCED Button next to Quick Reply and upload. I can't see the attachment.
      15 Volvo XC60 R-Design Platinum Pearl White Metallic, POLESTAR EXHAUST TDI Tuning Box, POLESTAR TUNED , IPD Rear Sway Bar and links, IPD POLY TORQUE ROD Koni FSD's, Eibach Loweing Springs, Powerflex Torque Bushing, Bloxsport wheel spacers
      Sold: 2008 Volvo C30 2.0 Java/Cosmic White, Manual, Elevate Tune, Weird OEM Mood Lighting Kit, EST Catback Exhaust, Koni STR.T, H&R Springs, Injen Intake, 19' BBS SR Wheels, Ion Yellow Fogs,
      SoldL 2006 Volvo V70R, Magic Blue, Stock

    17. #120

    18. #121
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Anchorage, Alaska
      Posts
      191
      IMG_1090.JPG

      This is the H7 high beam that at least one of my XC60's have (the MY 2016). I am not sure about the MY 2011 as I haven't had a chance to look but perhaps the earlier models have what your photo shows. I do know that they each take H7's for the hight beam. They each have the HID with the active bending feature. For the low beam/high beam HID the 2011 has the D1S and the 2016 has the D3S. These two bulbs look the same and I am not sure what the difference is.

      In the photo you can see the black clip that provides power to the bulb and also holds the bulb securely in the socket. From what I have found from searching multiple web sites this is what prevents the use of almost all of the H7 LED's that I have seen. I found one that would probably be a plug and play but it is a daylight running/fog light replacement/upgrade and is not very bright (https://www.superbrightleds.com/more...wer/1583/3660/). All of the others that I have found have cooling fins at the back of the bulb which prevents the use of the black clip. With some wire splicing I am sure that providing power to these LED's wouldn't be a problem but there would be no way to secure the bulb in the socket. Because of this reason I am not sure if the LED bulb that Ocean Racer found would fit so I am a little hesitant to order a pair.

      Hope this helps.

      Pete
      2016 XC60 T5 Seashell Metallic, Platinum, IPD Anti-Sway Bar
      2011 XC60 R Design Passion Red; IPD Anti-Sway Bar; Polestar Tune

    19. #122
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Feel free to start a new thread to discuss LED headlight bulbs guys.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    20. #123
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2012
      Location
      Anchorage, Alaska
      Posts
      191
      Yep- sorry for the hijack. Carry on!
      2016 XC60 T5 Seashell Metallic, Platinum, IPD Anti-Sway Bar
      2011 XC60 R Design Passion Red; IPD Anti-Sway Bar; Polestar Tune

    21. #124
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Posts
      5
      Sorry about that! You have an awesome build. I cant wait to see whats next!

    22. #125
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Installed a rear camera equaliser to rectify the problem of Blue Screen of Death [BSOD] when the ambient outside temperatures are hot. As tested on a hot 44c day.

      Proof they work:





      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    23. #126
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Testing a new tune from Heico.
      Numbers measured at wheels on AWD dyno.

      Translates to 413hp / 675nm / 500ft,lb @ engine.


      Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Ocean Racer; 06-27-2019 at 06:44 PM.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    24. #127
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      234
      Great that your power continues to build later in the RPM range. My XC feels like it is falling flat after 4,000 RPM

    25. #128
      Quote Originally Posted by AschMan View Post
      Great that your power continues to build later in the RPM range. My XC feels like it is falling flat after 4,000 RPM
      I’m sure the bigger turbo helps fill the sails at higher rpm. Some of your sensation of falling-off after 4,000r it might be software related, too. I’m not sure what mods you have, but my stock turbo S60 T6 with the Polestar tune, and upgraded downpipe and fmic, felt like it ran out of breath at high rpm and at elevated highway speeds, but adding the TDI Tuning box made it feel substantially quicker and more powerful at 80mph and beyond where it felt underwhelming before. It feels like it holds more boost at high rpms and makes top end power feel much more robust. There’s always room for more, though. I would love to experience one of these cars with an upgraded turbo because I’m sure it’s a rocket with that additional power.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    26. #129
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      I’m sure the bigger turbo helps fill the sails at higher rpm. Some of your sensation of falling-off after 4,000r it might be software related, too. I’m not sure what mods you have,
      Its all in the threads first post.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    27. #130
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      New 19" Heico Volution VII wheels.
      5kgs lighter with each wheel & tyre combo compared to the factory 20" R design cratus wheels.
      Plus much smoother!

      20190826_110119_resized.jpg
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    28. #131
      Holy moly, that's an awesome project. How does the tranny hold up? Did you make any reinforcements? Planning an ATF flush?

    29. #132
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Quote Originally Posted by BrainStormeR View Post
      Holy moly, that's an awesome project. How does the tranny hold up? Did you make any reinforcements? Planning an ATF flush?
      Transmission holds up fine. Never missed a beat. Been flushed and due for another service.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    30. #133
      Does the trans have any changes to stock torque-limiting interventions or does your tuning address the parameters of the transmission in any way?
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

    31. #134
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Does the trans have any changes to stock torque-limiting interventions or does your tuning address the parameters of the transmission in any way?
      No funky stuff installed mate. I did install a new set of front drive shafts to fix some worn cvs. Torque limiting still in place.

      Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    32. #135
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Had the pleasure of meeting Team Heico from Germany who recently came to Australia as part of their world tour to tune customers' cars.
      With much excitement, I was lucky to spend the day with Michael Wambold and Martin Muller who were great to talk to and provide advice on the direction of my XC60.

      martinmuller-signing2.jpg

      Martin Muller took the XC60 for a test drive and gave it the nod of approval before personally signing parts of the engine bay. A great day was had by all. Martin is the man behind the e.motion and responsible for Heico tunes worldwide.

      martinmuller-signing.jpg

      Some emblem adjustments to the rear:

      heico-rear.jpg
      20191220_075413.jpg
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    33. #136
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Adelaide
      Posts
      32
      Nice emblems. I did mine with plasti dip. I assume yours have been done properly. How did you get yours done. Did you remove them first. Do you have any spare exhausts lying around? Sorry bit rude to ask but you never know.
      2012 White XC60 T6 R-Design Polestar

    34. #137
      Member Ocean Racer's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2009
      Location
      Melbourne / Australia
      Posts
      4,403
      Quote Originally Posted by grepin View Post
      Nice emblems. I did mine with plasti dip. I assume yours have been done properly. How did you get yours done. Did you remove them first. Do you have any spare exhausts lying around? Sorry bit rude to ask but you never know.
      Emblems are genuine from Heico.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

    35. #138
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2019
      Location
      Adelaide
      Posts
      32
      Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Emblems are genuine from Heico.
      Sorry a bit tired. Didnt twig it said Heico....embarassing.
      2012 White XC60 T6 R-Design Polestar

    36. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4