Heico XC60 Project has begun - Page 5
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
      Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Sounds like some nice upgrades, but I’m curious why you went to all that trouble replacing the intercooler with a small Polestar one and not one of the bigger aftermarket ones with better flow and cooling potential? My D088 made a big difference even with a milder state of tune. I may be wrong but I can’t help but think the P* intercooler limits your potential somewhat, at least in warmer weather.
      P* intercooler was on the shelf ready to go in. Plus in Australia, finding decent mentioned parts is harder than finding a packet of toilet paper!
      Last edited by Ocean Racer; 03-17-2020 at 05:50 AM.
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ocean Racer View Post
      Sounds like some nice upgrades, but I’m curious why you went to all that trouble replacing the intercooler with a small Polestar one and not one of the bigger aftermarket ones with better flow and cooling potential? My D088 made a big difference even with a milder state of tune. I may be wrong but I can’t help but think the P* intercooler limits your potential somewhat, at least in warmer weather.
      P* intercooler was on the shelf ready to go in. Plus in Australia, finding decent mentioned parts is harder than finding a packet of toilet paper!
      Ha! That makes sense, as long as you didn’t pay big bucks for Polestar swag. You may need that money for market-adjusted TP and hand sanitizer! In all seriousness, there are probably other effective ways to add cooling to this setup. Maybe consider adding an intercooler sprayer like the ones I think they had on older Subaru STIs, or water meth injection which adds not only super cooling but also ups your octane.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

This intake manifold looks like it has potential..
      https://www.elevatecars.com/store/vo...with-logo.html

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 355 lbft View Post
      Have had my eyes on it before they started making them. Have also held one in my hand and noticed how nice they're made.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Have had my eyes on it before they started making them. Have also held one in my hand and noticed how nice they're made.

Oscar II did a great review of it on the Polestar subforum. It sounds tremendously worthwhile. Expensive, but probably a better bang for the buck performance item compared with all the other things that cost $1200 on this car, ha.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune+TDI-Tuning : KW V3 coilovers : DO88 fmic : Ferrita downpipe : Powerflex "race" torque mount insert
      12.99 at 109mph

Oscar II did a great review of it on the Polestar subforum. It sounds tremendously worthwhile. Expensive, but probably a better bang for the buck performance item compared with all the other things that cost $1200 on this car, ha.
      Yes its a nice piece of kit
      Last edited by Ocean Racer; 03-24-2020 at 04:13 PM.

I have finally found a thread recent enough that will hopefully lead me into the right direction as to what I should/should not throw money at. I have a 2012 s60 T6 R-Design with Polestar tune on it. I have done some mods, not much. Upgraded to IPD sway bar, HD end links, Koni struts and shocks with HD strut mounts. The rest of the mods were cosmetic and don't really need to be mentioned. I also just purchased the DV+ T9358. That should come in by end of week. I have read through this entire thread and I see some people having really good luck with gains after adding the Ferrita downpipe. That is the next thing I am going to purchase along with the Snaab intake and 3" Snaab turbo intake pipe. Those 3 things alone add up to around $2k.. The last thing I want is the elevate/kpax exhaust. I'll be doing the install myself so I won't need to pay for any of that. So, my question is... Is $3,500 worth spending on these things? Not only that, but do I HAVE to tune it after install to see any gains? If so, I would love someone to tell me the best tune to get. Like I said I already have the Polestar tune on it. Hilton offer a Polestar to stage 2 or 3 tune. Theres also the TDI box (cheaper and maybe more sketchy).. I know there are other tunes available as well. I'm not interested in the Heico tune simply bc of the price. I know this car can't get much more gains out of it due to the tranny and smaller turbo, but if someone could please lead me in the right direction with everything I've provided, that would be awesome. Thanks!

What did the intake do for performance?

What did the intake do for performance?
      It seems to have made a massive difference. I’ve never heard him rave about an upgrade as much as this one, and he has a lot of upgrades.

Dig through this amazing build thread where he updates his experiences with it several times:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/#/topics/508993?page=1
      Last edited by Bunnspeed; 04-07-2020 at 09:10 AM.
      12.99 at 109mph

Quote Originally Posted by Cloughley11 View Post
      I have finally found a thread recent enough that will hopefully lead me into the right direction as to what I should/should not throw money at. I have a 2012 s60 T6 R-Design with Polestar tune on it. I have done some mods, not much. Upgraded to IPD sway bar, HD end links, Koni struts and shocks with HD strut mounts. The rest of the mods were cosmetic and don't really need to be mentioned. I also just purchased the DV+ T9358. That should come in by end of week. I have read through this entire thread and I see some people having really good luck with gains after adding the Ferrita downpipe. That is the next thing I am going to purchase along with the Snaab intake and 3" Snaab turbo intake pipe. Those 3 things alone add up to around $2k.. The last thing I want is the elevate/kpax exhaust. I'll be doing the install myself so I won't need to pay for any of that. So, my question is... Is $3,500 worth spending on these things? Not only that, but do I HAVE to tune it after install to see any gains? If so, I would love someone to tell me the best tune to get. Like I said I already have the Polestar tune on it. Hilton offer a Polestar to stage 2 or 3 tune. Theres also the TDI box (cheaper and maybe more sketchy).. I know there are other tunes available as well. I'm not interested in the Heico tune simply bc of the price. I know this car can't get much more gains out of it due to the tranny and smaller turbo, but if someone could please lead me in the right direction with everything I've provided, that would be awesome. Thanks!
      These cars don’t respond with big gains to basic bolt-ons unless there’s additional software involved. Small gains are gains nevertheless, so it all depends on how satisfied you are with stock power, because any gains without software are very very expensive for a small improvement. But like I said, they *are* improvements likely to make you enjoy the car more, so it’s not a complete waste of time by any means. Just don’t expect it to respond as well to upgrades as, say, a B8 S4 or BMW 335.

The biggest improvement I’ve had was from the TDI Tuning box which really woke the car up and allowed me to make much better use of the bolt-ons I already had. Think of those bolts as preparation for software which is the real substance behind making these cars faster. The Hilton tune is likely good for bigger gains than the TDI box but it’s also about twice as expensive and can’t be easily removed or resold when you are done with the car, whereas the TDI box can be installed and removed and resold by the user so it’s very inexpensive in the long run. It also gave much bigger gains than all my other bolts combined.
      12.99 at 109mph

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5