Winter Wheel Thread: Who plans to get a second set of rims/tires for winter? - Page 11
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by BBRXC90 View Post
      Here's mine
      255/50/20 blizzak dm-v2
      Replika R189 Wheels

Can't see your pics.
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Can't see your pics.
      sorry should be fixed

Here's mine
      255/50/20 blizzak dm-v2
      Replika R189 Wheels
      Nice setup. If I would be running 20" in winter this is a perfect winter size compared to stock!
      ---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

sorry should be fixed
      Now I see it I'm also planning to go with Blizzak DMV2. I also wanted Michelin X-ice Xi3 but unfortunately they don't come in this size which surprised me.
      2016 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Convenience | Vision | Climate with HUD | PA2 | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Carbon Fiber | Front Mud Flaps | OEM Rubber Floor Mats | Front Tint 35% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 | Ordered Feb 2/16 - Picked up June 7/16
      My Insta

Now I see it I'm also planning to go with Blizzak DMV2. I also wanted Michelin X-ice Xi3 but unfortunately they don't come in this size which surprised me.
      X-ice Xi2 is for SUV and light truck, Xi3 is for sedan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2017 T8 , Bursting blue, Black Interior , B/W, Convenience, Vision, Climate, HUD, 22s, Air Suspension, Protection pkg 23000KM

Quote Originally Posted by lxyzh View Post
      X-ice Xi2 is for SUV and light truck, Xi3 is for sedan

Mind as well go full out on Brutus99's correction.

X-Ice Xi2 for SUV and light truck is actually called Latitude X-Ice Xi2. X-Ice Xi2 for sedans did exist but was replaced by X-Ice Xi3 still for sedans.

Brutus99, 275/45R20 is offered for the Latitude X-Ice Xi2.

I just placed an order today for my tires. Michelin Latitude X-Ice XI2 in 245/60R18 for winter and Michelin Premier LTX in 275/45R20 for summer. I upped the size in the 18" to match the 20" diameter. Fill the wheel well better for looks and comfort.
      Last edited by PhatboyC; 10-20-2016 at 02:10 PM.
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post
      Mind as well go full out on Brutus99's correction.

X-Ice Xi2 for SUV and light truck is actually called Latitude X-Ice Xi2. X-Ice Xi2 for sedans did exist but was replaced by X-Ice Xi3 still for sedans.

Brutus99, 275/45R20 is offered for the Latitude X-Ice Xi2.

I just placed an order today for my tires. Michelin Latitude X-Ice XI2 in 245/60R18 for winter and Michelin Premier LTX in 275/45R20 for summer. I upped the size in the 18" to match the 20" diameter. Fill the wheel well better for looks and comfort.
      I didn't realize Xi2 is the same as Xi3 but for SUV lol I thought Xi2 was previous generation and Xi3 was "better and improved". I'll have to look into it but now I'll be confused which one to choose...decisions, decisions
      My Insta

Latitude X-Ice Xi2 is not the same as Xi3 or the old Xi2. Thread pattern is different. Don't know about rubber composition but for sure side wall is different with the higher load rating of the latitude.

You can't go wrong with Blizzak DMV2. Depends on your priority. If you want better snow performance for sure go with Blizzak. If you live fairly close to Toronto core then the city roads get cleared up frequently. Which is why I went for the longer lasting (one season more), a quieter tire and a tad better on ice with the Michelin.

As for cost the Blizzak adjusted their price this year to be very competitive which can offset the longer lasting of the Michelin's. I was able to negotiate a better price on the Michelin's since I was buying 8 tires.

^ Thanks for the info. I think I will stick with DMV2 for now. Don't do a lot of mileage especially in winter. I'm in Brampton so the roads are ok here except sometimes we do get a lot of snow lol. The Blizzaks are $200 less for the set and I still get the $70 rebate same as Michelin. Had good experience with our X5s Blizzaks (forgot which ones). Can't go wrong with either one, now I just need to sell my OEM take off 20" all season Pirellis if anyone is interested
      My Insta

So after some research I think I might just replace my 275R35/22 summers with these 265R40/22" all seasons.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....D&autoModClar=

They actually have the same tread width as the stock , higher load capacity (2039 vs 1984lbs) and are only 3% larger diameter than OEM...plus they are about $100 cheaper per tire.

Yokohamas

OEM pirellis
      Last edited by Thor90; 10-29-2016 at 12:36 PM.

Get my winter tire installed now

2017 T8 , Bursting blue, Black Interior , B/W, Convenience, Vision, Climate, HUD, 22s, Air Suspension, Protection pkg 23000KM

Where are you located? I still find its too warm to get the winters on... Im in eastern Ontario.

Looks great. I happen to be in Calgary today with my T8 as well. After driving through a couple snowy passes yesterday I am very happy with the 20" Yokohama W Drive snow tires. Very quiet and great handling.
      2016 XC90 T8 R Bursting Blue w/ Vision, Climate & B&W

Quote Originally Posted by GTSquared View Post
      Looks great. I happen to be in Calgary today with my T8 as well. After driving through a couple snowy passes yesterday I am very happy with the 20" Yokohama W Drive snow tires. Very quiet and great handling.
      That is good to know, I have Bridgestone V2 and it is quieter than the 22 inch summer tires, surprise to me

enough about tires....although i get it......

OK. I'll ask if they have set packages for those too.
      Do you love your 2016 T8 r design?

what is your real world mpg?

I love your wheel, what brand is it?
      Last edited by Walterchoi; 10-23-2016 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by VENDELLA View Post
      Its too late for that, but thanks for the advice! I did the calculation and the 245/60s would be closer. I just ordered the 235/60 because of the OEM specs. One potential disadvantage of the 245s is losing room to fit chains.

I drove home with the new tires. While they are noisier, the ride quality is significantly improved even with the air suspension. While not as flashy as the 20", I think the new setup looks solid.

Well, allow me to jump aboard the bandwagon -- after checking with Vendella to ensure all was kosher (thank you for the reassurance), I just ordered the same set of wheels for the same price from the same place. This is quite a find -- essentially brand-new OEM Volvo wheels, four for the price of one. Guess Texans aren't much for 18" wheels on their T5s!

My parents made what is most likely their last car purchase an XC90 Momentum Plus, but I'm the one to help them learn how to use the tech and to help them find a good set of winter wheels. Came across this deal and figured I may as well save them some money, too! Now off to decide between Michelin Latitude X-Ice Xi2 or the Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V2, in 245/60-18 size to achieve almost the same circumference.

You have seen the light.

Winter rims tires again.. 20" down to 19", tire size?

The T8 comes with 275/45/R20.
      I am going to buy 19" rims for winter, so what is the recommended winter size?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
      The T8 comes with 275/45/R20.
      I am going to buy 19" rims for winter, so what is the recommended winter size?

thanks
      http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Bridg...k+DM-V2/016355

Ideal size for 19" wheels https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...5r20-245-55r19

Just make sure 19" wheels will fit the T8s larger brakes.
      Last edited by Brutus99; 10-28-2016 at 06:14 PM.
      My Insta

Thanks, so this is what you have?

I am going to by the 19" OEM, so it should be OK.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tires/Bridg...k+DM-V2/016355

Ideal size for 19" wheels https://www.tacomaworld.com/tirecalc...5r20-245-55r19

Just make sure 19" wheels will fit the T8s larger brakes.

Quote Originally Posted by brisk View Post
      Thanks, so this is what you have?

I am going to by the 19" OEM, so it should be OK.
      Yes got the Blizzak DMV2 in original size 275/45-20 for the OEM R-Design wheels I just bought from US take off's. I just need to sell the 20" Pirelli all season tires that came with it if you're interested
      My Insta

I finally went and got 285/35s all seasons on my R Deign's 22 and Discount tire managed to damage every single wheel. I can deal with some damage from install, I get it but what they did was a little excessive. The majority of it is near the valve stems but there is even damage around the lug nuts. I even asked them if they would be okay doing the work without causing any damage. They are paying to get them refinished, hopefully they come back looking as good as they were.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks Hopefully they get fixed right!
      My Insta

Are all the OEM Volvo rims (18", 19", 20") compatible with T6??

I would think the 20" would fit for sure as they are the stock wheels. Not sure about the smaller options.
      On order - Inscription with 21" wheels.

Sorry to hear that, that sucks Hopefully they get fixed right!
      Yeah so do I. From what I've read about the company where they want me to go they are pretty good. It's more of the inconvenience of having to drop it off one day and get it the next.

Here's mine:

Bought from Tirerack, $1780 shipped and taxed in.

Quote Originally Posted by Fab_vr6 View Post
      Here's mine:

Bought from Tirerack, $1780 shipped and taxed in.

Looks awesome! Size? What kind of tires?
      2016 XC90 T8 R Bursting Blue w/ Vision, Climate & B&W

Looks awesome! Size? What kind of tires?
      20x9 Quad Berlin MGS wheels , and 275/45/20 Yoko Iceguard (chosen strictly based on its lower price and above average ratings)

I received both sets of tires. To my surprise the winters are actually taller. Didn't realize the deeper thread of winters tires made such a difference. I like it. No pictures from me since I don't even have my XC90 yet.

I received both sets of tires. To my surprise the winters are actually taller. Didn't realize the deeper thread of winters tires made such a difference. I like it. No pictures from me since I don't even have my XC90 yet.
      When is your XC90 supposed to arrive? At least you will be all ready when it does come But why did you order summer tires as well? Can you not use the all season that will come on your car until they wear out?
      Last edited by Brutus99; 10-30-2016 at 04:23 PM.
      My Insta

The dealer was able to use one of his pre-ordered car allocation and add all the packages/options that I ordered. So I should have a build date in December. Waiting for confirmation from Volvo.

T5 comes with 18". I'm using the rims for winter and the OEM tires will go on my current car. Will help with the resale value as I will be getting rid of it the moment I have the Volvo.

The dealer was able to use one of his pre-ordered car allocation and add all the packages/options that I ordered. So I should have a build date in December. Waiting for confirmation from Volvo.

T5 comes with 18". I'm using the rims for winter and the OEM tires will go on my current car. Will help with the resale value as I will be getting rid of it the moment I have the Volvo.
      Oh ok, so you're upgrading to 20's for the summer Makes sense to use the 18's for the winter in your case.
      My Insta

Yep. Call me old school but I just can't see myself driving 20" in slush.

Yep. Call me old school but I just can't see myself driving 20" in slush.
      lol I've been driving on 18" winters in our X5 for many years and now looking forward to my 20"s
      My Insta

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast