SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Our XC70 with Bad Swede 2" Lift Kit and..

11K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Young Satchel 
#1 ·
Our XC70 with Bad Swede 2" Lift Kit and BFG All Terrains 225/70/16. D5 Chipped Engine with do88 intercooler.

All pictures in HQ available here :)

#2 ·
That looks sick.

I'm running a very similar setup. How are you liking it? How many miles have you put on the lift springs and BFGs at this point?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 · (Edited)
Young Satchel, I have actually inspired by following your XC70 tuning project. I have been driving like 2 years with Bad Swede springs but with Dunlop Grandtrek Tyres 215/70/16. Great tyres. But as I live in the countryside of a Nordic country our roads are bad all year long. Mostly driving on gravel and sandy roads, that in the spring and autumn turns into a pile of dirt. I have been driving with BFG All Terrains for few weeks only now. All I can say they have fantastic traction on the gravel roads and also I have done some off road tests with them, but they are heavy as f***. I can feel how much harder for all the drive terrain and axis is to turn those heavy wheels. Also fuel consumption is about a per 1.5 liter more. They are more noisy than the Dunlops or Cooper Discoverers and on asphalt roads they are not comfortable when driving over 85 mp/h (140 km/h). On winter time I plan to put on Nokian Hakkapellita winter tyres so I will use those only on the Spring and Autumn and when driving in some adventures cross the country. How do you like your Hella 500 Series Black Magic Driving Lamps? I also plan on purchasing similar ones. Also I am driving D5 diesel engine chipped with do88 intercooler and overall i have now 200hp.

#7 ·
Awesome man, glad to hear it! I'm facing the exact same experience with my BFGs. Very capable off-road, but their weight on-road makes it feel like I'm pulling a trailer lol.

I like the Hellas ok but to be honest they really don't provide as much illumination as I hoped. Now that I have another Volvo with Xenons it makes me want to reconsider my lighting set-up on the XC as well.

Keep your thread updated and let us know how you are fairing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.