Seatbelt Chime problem
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Seatbelt Chime problem

Forgot I wanted to mention this. The seatbelt alarm, both visual and audible, did not appear to work on my car if I took my seatbelt off AFTER the car was rolling. It otherwise appeared to be working. I brought this to my dealers attention, and he said there was a software problem. Now this might not seem like a big deal at first (maybe a good thing if you drive without your seatbelt. Though I doubt many Volvo owners do) However, as far as I know, the airbags deploy differently if your seatbelt is on/off, and I think the passenger airbag won't deploy at all if their seatbelt is off. The problem was easily fixed via software update. I don't know for sure if this would have effected the airbag system, but it was a risk I wasn't willing to take. Anyway, thought you might want to check it out.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Seatbelt Chime problem (skibum)

On the contrary, I think the passenger airbag will go off without a seatbelt on, but I couldn't say for sure. My experience for the SDM unit didn't go that far...It does monitor seatbelt tension though (at least the newest version of the unit).

Re: Seatbelt Chime problem (MHadden)

As far as I remember in my car, when someone is sitting in teh passenger seat without a seatbelt, the passenger airbag off light goes on. I'll check again at lunch. Does anyone else know how theirs works?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote, originally posted by skibum »
      The seatbelt alarm, both visual and audible, did not appear to work on my car if I took my seatbelt off AFTER the car was rolling. It otherwise appeared to be working. I brought this to my dealers attention, and he said there was a software problem.

My car does the same thing. I called the dealership and the guy doesn't know anything about this. What should I do?

Re: Seatbelt Chime problem (navolvo)

Quote, originally posted by navolvo »
      My car does the same thing. I called the dealership and the guy doesn't know anything about this. What should I do?

Now that's a search! If you can, just demostrate the problem to your service tech. My car does this occasionally as well, and I plan to have this on the list when I take my car in for its next service in a few weeks. There won't be any airbag issues, so really it's not a safety issue, unless you aren't aware when you're taking your own belt off!

Re: Seatbelt Chime problem (mullmann)

Quote, originally posted by mullmann »

Now that's a search! If you can, just demostrate the problem to your service tech. My car does this occasionally as well, and I plan to have this on the list when I take my car in for its next service in a few weeks.

Thanks, mullmann.

When you bring your car in, don't turn off your car because if you switch it off, the seatbelt alarm resets itself.

There should be a recall for this matter.

By the way, does anyone know whether the North American models are equipped with "All seat safety belt reminder"? From the international website, there is such feature.

I wish I had that feature in my car. It seems like a great idea and secret proof and reason to yell at any passenger who tries to not wear his or her seatbelt in my car. I can be watching them and they won't know it! haha

My s40 had that problem, looked wear to me, but I didn't realized that something was wrong, so I never had chance to take it to the volvo dealer for that problem.
      I'll take a look on our new v50.
      thanks for that info.

Re: (makonyy15)

Quote, originally posted by makonyy15 »
      I wish I had that feature in my car. It seems like a great idea and secret proof and reason to yell at any passenger who tries to not wear his or her seatbelt in my car. I can be watching them and they won't know it! haha

You don't have this feature!

Re: Seatbelt Chime problem (navolvo)

Quote, originally posted by navolvo »
      From the international website, there is such feature.

That's pretty cool...wonder why that feature's disabled for the NA version.

Re: Seatbelt Chime problem (Pez)

Quote, originally posted by Pez »

That's pretty cool...wonder why that feature's disabled for the NA version.

Is it possible to add it on at the dealership?

Re: (cm)

Quote, originally posted by cm »

You don't have this feature!

Nope. I don't believe it's available/standard in the US. I mean, i've got the usual Chime for the driver, but no warning/message about passengers.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements