Creating your own driver profile (to be utilized via Individual Drive Mode) - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Whatever customizing you have done, it will be saved under anew profile or after you finish editing an already existing one. You can name the profile whatever you want so that you know it is your own.
      I don't think this is correct. According to the manual, and my own experience, personal (ie, not global) settings are saved to the active profile: "Any settings set prior to creating a permanent profile will automatically be saved to the Guest Profile. "

Therefore, customize after you've created a profile.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You cannot copy. You have to set each one, manually.
      This is NOT the case. Manual and my experience says to create a profile then associate it with a key. In this case, you would export P1 to usb, change or create a new profile, and import P1 from the usb. Then save the new profile to the sport (or other) key.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgraden View Post
      I think I'm clearly missing something here... I am set up as the Guest Profile now, but when I go through the steps above and try to edit Profile 1, it defaults to factory settings where I don't even see SiriusXM radio as an audio option. Do I have to reset everything?
      For starters, you need to already have the profile you want to edit active. When you first edit a profile -- other than guest -- it will have factory settings, irrespective of what you've edited on the guest profile.

Hope that helps!

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Anyone? Bueller?

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhite View Post
      So I finally created my own individual setting. I've always wanted to find a way to lower the vehicle while keeping it in hybrid mode.

Here's the problem I'm having. I was able to select my individual mode from the wheel after saving my settings, all good there. The problem is, the next time I turn on the car I can no longer select individual with the wheel. I have to go back into the settings, check off individual, configure my settings again and save them, then I can select individual mode again with the wheel. I have to do this every time after I've parked and turned off the car.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by GeoJoe View Post
      When I get in, I automatically want my Profile, my seat settings and my phone to all know that I'm the one driving. Same for her. What is the sequence here to make this simple and automated?
      Just tested this multiple times. It appears that the seat (and mirror) memory settings can be saved to a profile, which is then associated with a key. I found that when I sat in the car and changed profiles, the seat and mirrors adjusted accordingly. Basically, I found the most reliable way to get personal settings saved and associated correctly with a key is to:

1. Start in desired profile
      2. Press desired seat memory button
      3. Settings > System > Profiles > Edit (desired) > Save to key (check it off then back on!)

I did observe it working, even with seat and mirrors. I sat in car and changed profile to wife's. Then got out and locked at handle. Then opened with my fob and profile, seats and mirrors all changed to mine.

Not sure about connecting phone automatically...

Correct. However, if you want to disable it when you start your trip, it is only one "click" away.
      Well, but this is absolute nonsense.
      If Volvo wants to make sure start/stop will be active by default on every start,
      the should have REMOVED IT from the Individual drive mode settigs.

It has nothing to do with a drive mode anyway.

Having no option to use the individual drive mode as default almost defeats its purpose.

I want to have my own default settings for steering, suspension etc.

If start/stop is the reason why I canīt, then please Volvo leave it out of the Individual driver profile,
      and let us make it default profile.

Quote Originally Posted by partridge View Post
      Is there any difference between the eco display and the comfort display? I don't see one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes- the ECO display mode tach shows you your actual economy vs. some "ideal economy," both related to revs or manifold pressure, or something. The ECO mode also shows if your car is in coast mode (e.g., drive train totally disengaged)

I do not believe the two are connected. Use your own key fob and tie that to your preferred seat setting.
      Grecian,

How does one go about doing that ?

Quote Originally Posted by eberle_.eric View Post
      Also IDM.

I prefer mine on Eco everytime. It's annoying to always need to remember to change drive modes everytime I get in the car. Seems like a simple request too.
      Agree !!!

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      I think it's in Settings > My Car > Profiles
      No its not

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey View Post
      BUMP...
      Grecian,

How does one go about doing that ?

Iím havign trouble saving my individual drive mode.
      My profile is set up and works nicely but every time I create an individual drive mode it doesnít save.
      Do I have to go in and do something in my already save profile?

So I have the individual modes programmed to key fobs. However, I can't get my seat/mirror memory programmed.

I've tried:
      - Unlocking the car using keyfob 1
      - Saving the desired settings to M1
      - Having a profile created, with 'save to key' enabled

How do I save M1 to keyfob1, and M2 to keyfob2 (my wife's)?

Quote Originally Posted by exm View Post
      So I have the individual modes programmed to key fobs. However, I can't get my seat/mirror memory programmed.

I've tried:
      - Unlocking the car using keyfob 1
      - Saving the desired settings to M1
      - Having a profile created, with 'save to key' enabled

How do I save M1 to keyfob1, and M2 to keyfob2 (my wife's)?
      The seat/mirror memory buttons are separate from the driver profile system. There is no way to have the buttons change their memories based on a driver profile/key fob. The settings saved in a memory slot are persistent regardless of profile or key fob used.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      The seat/mirror memory buttons are separate from the driver profile system.
      That's different than my experience. I created 3 different driver profiles and each time I switch profiles, the seat position changes to memory 1, 2, or 3 respectively.
      "Electra" ~ 2018 XC90 T8 R-Design Bursting Blue ~ Driver's Log ~ Gallery
      Gone but not forgotten: "The Beast" GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ "The STI, aka Dexter" Subaru Impreza WRX STI ~ "Dixie" VW Passat GLX

Quote Originally Posted by SG1 View Post
      That's different than my experience. I created 3 different driver profiles and each time I switch profiles, the seat position changes to memory 1, 2, or 3 respectively.
      Profiles store seat and mirror positions separately from driver profiles. But they do both have the ability to store them. So what you're probably experiencing is the seat positions that you've set for each profile possibly in combination with unlocked profiles.

For example, I've got different settings on my driver side seat memory position 1 than I have stored in my profile because I sometimes like to tighten up the bolsters and lumbar without fidgeting with the individual controls. So my profile is set to a more relaxed/less inflated setting and I just push and hold the position 1 memory button to restore my alternate preference. This works for me because my profile is locked and changing the seat position does not then get saved back into my profile. So next time I start the car, it's back to the relaxed position.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription

If VOLVO don't want us to use the individual drive mode, is it possible to "for example" if you push the drive mode roller twice to let it go to individual drive mode ? or would this be to easy for their customers...
      its all just software, it easy to do...

instead of pushing the drive mode roller, rolling the drive mode roller and pushing the drive mode roller again ?

BTW, did VOLVO ever answered to all these requests/questions ?

Is it possible to save the drive mode in profile settings ?
      My driver profiles works perfectly, mirrors, seats
      Radio station and AC settings.

Yet not the driver mode, I have to select it every time in get in the car.
      Is there a way to save that individual drive mode in the profile ?

Quote Originally Posted by badcyclist View Post
      My understanding is that Volvo leaves start/stop as the permanent default option is because it helps to bump up the car's official mpg estimates a little bit. And you can't count any mileage savings from start/stop if you give drivers a way to permanently disable it....

It matters because, in the US, at any rate, there are increasingly stiff "average" mpg figures that mfg's have to meet across their entire fleet, so even fractional improvements in mpg for each model they sell helps them meet these overall standards.

This is my understanding of the law, anyway-- others might know better.
      Strange, Iíve kinda disabled that along with the auto breaks.
      I donít get those features working unless I go to eco drive mode.

On my defaults they are disabled.
      Might wanna check your default settings.

On a side-note i found that, if you have some issues with the infotainment system or profiles.
      Do a factory reset for everything.
      Delete drivers profiles
      And redo everything again.

Had an issue with HUD maps not being synchronized with the central infotainment screen and it solved the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by badcyclist View Post
      My understanding is that Volvo leaves start/stop as the permanent default option is because it helps to bump up the car's official mpg estimates a little bit. And you can't count any mileage savings from start/stop if you give drivers a way to permanently disable it....

It matters because, in the US, at any rate, there are increasingly stiff "average" mpg figures that mfg's have to meet across their entire fleet, so even fractional improvements in mpg for each model they sell helps them meet these overall standards.

This is my understanding of the law, anyway-- others might know better.
      Nope, that's not the reason. Other car makers allow you to disable this. Nobody checks mpg for cars after they are bought. It's an inexplicable thing that Volvo does, and not welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Konst View Post
      At this point, what I miss is the possibility to have the Individual mode as default.
      As far I know, when setting the Individual mode, you may choose the default drive mode but only the three options eco/confort/dynamic, therefore there is no possibility to have the Individual mode as default.
      I understand the only way is to push the (nice) wheel knob and select the individual mode every time I start the car. Of course I can live with this, but, as you say, connecting the Drive Mode to the key would be sure better.
      Absolutely, this is a defect in Volvo's thinking. We should be able to start up in individual mode when the engine starts, and we should be able to not have auto-start/stop engaged when we start the engine, if we don't want it, and we should be able to disable the auto-door-locking when the car starts, permanently. All these things add up, along with others, to alienate some of us long-term Volvo owners, to the point of looking at other car brands when we'd rather not because other brands have these things that Volvo should permit. Some of these things are wanted or used every time we drive the car, and the inability to have these simple features that other manufacturers have in their cars is aggravating.

Quote Originally Posted by drmanny3 View Post
      You can drive it and have the battery charged by the ICE and any braking that occurs, (not sure the XC90 does this. The manual suggests that the battery can be charged by energy from the ICE.
      Yes, you can have the ICE charge the battery if you want. You simply activate the Charge button in Sensus. It has regenerative braking on all the time, there's no need to adjust any settings. B-Mode just makes the regeneration slightly more aggressive.

The Mitsubishi will completely charge the battery while driving. Will the XC90 do the same?
      Yes, not quite to 100%, but up to 80-90% I think.

What happens when I am in the Individual and have pressed performance and dynamic?
      Uhhhm, I'm not really sure what you mean, but "Individual" is just a custom setting where you choose the individual characteristics for the steering, engine/transmission, brakes, suspension, and climate. I have my Individual mode set to Performance for everything except for the engine/transmission and climate, which I have set to Pure. That way I get firm handling characteristics all the time, even when I'm driving on only battery power.

The Toyota delivered around 27 or 28 mpg driving at 80 mph for 300 miles. The Volvo XC90 is heavier and seems to get around 24 mpg over 300 miles at similar speeds. Is that correct?
      With a short commute each day where I can run mostly on battery power, I have a different driving pattern than other people. My average fuel consumption from Feb-May this year is 60 mpg, getting over 600 miles per tank of fuel, and only having to fill about once a month.

Quote Originally Posted by cometguy View Post
      the new Volvos inexplicably lack a temperature gauge in the instrument panel.
      I actually don't see a purpose to having an engine temperature gauge in a modern, computerized vehicle. In fact, the only vehicles that I had where I was mildly interested in the engine temperature was a 1988 Toyota Tercel and a 1996 Jeep Cherokee because both had the potential of breaking down. I don't view my XC90 in the same category as those vehicles.

What's needed is a much better instrument panel that shows exactly what is happening -- when the electric motor is on and when the ICE is on, separately, and when the electric motor is receiving charge and when it is using up charge, etc.
      Maybe I'm used to it, but the big dial on right hand side of the cluster shows exactly what you are saying. With the single big needle indicator, it's very easy to tell at a glance when you are using up charge or regenerating and when the engine is on.

you can't tell outside of hybrid mode what is going on with the charging or depletion of the electric-motor batteries, as I recall.
      When you are in Performance mode, the battery use gauge is replaced by a tachometer. This is because in Performance mode, the ICE is on all the time and is not actively charging the battery for future economical use. It's managing the battery for immediate maximum power. I guess we're not supposed to worry about being super efficient when we're in Performance mode. That's the same as when we are in AWD mode. The priority is on AWD through challenging conditions, not hypermiling.
      Last edited by SG1; 06-06-2018 at 04:36 AM.
      "Electra" ~ 2018 XC90 T8 R-Design Bursting Blue ~ Driver's Log ~ Gallery
      Gone but not forgotten: "The Beast" GMC Yukon XL Denali ~ "The STI, aka Dexter" Subaru Impreza WRX STI ~ "Dixie" VW Passat GLX

Has anyone managed to extract and save the driver profile on a USB stick? I followed the instructions of the manual but when I reach the stage of inserting the USB, nothing happens
      2018 XC60 R Design T5 - Ice White with PA2, BLISS, 360 Camera, Navigation Pro, Panorama, Active LED Lights, Fog Lights, 4 Zone Climate, Keyless Entry, VoC, 19'' Wheels

Very helpful thread - thanks all! I have a 2019 XC90 T6 R-design ordered, expecting delivery in December, and anticipate that this will be useful!

I can't help but also find this thread absolutely hilarious from the perspective of where cars have "progressed" to. In my 1996 850R sedan, I get in, push the seat memory key I want, and adjust mirrors if necessary. My wife can do the same. I also am one flick of a PHYSICAL switch away from sport mode (woohoo)! Same thing with my radio - I can tap one button to switch to a preset station, or simply scan for a different station with a tactile click of my physical tuner. And I can do all of this without ever having to remove my eyes from the road while driving, because I can rely on my finger tips and physical buttons for all of this!

Perspective. Hop back in to an analog car sometime (especially an 850!) and you just might agree!
      Last edited by RCar; 09-26-2018 at 07:02 PM.

"DRIVER DISPLAY"" (Eco, Comfort or Dynamic)
      What exactly is this?
      2019 XC60 T6 R-Design | Osmium Grey | Advanced Package | Polestar | Air Suspension

Creating your own driver profile (to be utilized via Individual Drive Mode)

Quote Originally Posted by .LMS. View Post
      What exactly is this?
      I believe Yannisí reference to DRIVER DISPLAY (Eco, Comfort, Dynamic) has to do with the Instrument panel THEME. Each drive mode has its own Instrument Panel THEME (e.g., Glass, Chrome, Minimalist, Performance)

You set your preferred default THEME in Settings -> My Car -> Displays. You may also then set your Instrument Panel THEME based on your Indiivudal Mode. The references to Eco, Comfort, Dynamic are not intuitive in the context of the DrivermDisplay so good question.

Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 12-23-2018 at 08:15 AM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 14 Nov 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Absolutely, this is a defect in Volvo's thinking. We should be able to start up in individual mode when the engine starts, and we should be able to not have auto-start/stop engaged when we start the engine, if we don't want it, and we should be able to disable the auto-door-locking when the car starts, permanently. All these things add up, along with others, to alienate some of us long-term Volvo owners, to the point of looking at other car brands when we'd rather not because other brands have these things that Volvo should permit. Some of these things are wanted or used every time we drive the car, and the inability to have these simple features that other manufacturers have in their cars is aggravating.
      As a new owner of an XC90 I thought I was doing something wrong or missing something about the options I explicitly turned off turning themselves back on.

Finding out that, nope, Volvo decided the vehicle is always in Test Drive Mode is beyond infuriating.

It does not feel like my vehicle when I need to run through a ing checklist to disable a bunch of settings every single time I start it up.

The fact that the vehicle defaults to a state other than what I left it in is, in itself, ridiculous.

Short question for you experts.
      Do you see a difference between driver display COMFORT & DYNAMIC? I see the same except if i am missing something....

XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360į - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

Creating your own driver profile (to be utilized via Individual Drive Mode)

This is what i am talking about... Still can't figure it out.

I donít think it has to do with THEMES, as themes are configured elsewhere, plus if you were to choose theme you would do it the same way you do it for the other driving modes as well.

ECO and CONFORT are different, but
      COMFORT and DYNAMIC are the same..

The only possible explanation would be the case where the driverís display was 8.3 inch in some momentum trims...
      In this case if i recall correctly the tachmeter was not displayed in comfort mode...
      Last edited by Dilinger; 10-01-2019 at 10:22 AM.
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx - Amber - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360į - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      Short question for you experts.
      Do you see a difference between driver display COMFORT & DYNAMIC? I see the same except if i am missing something....

Mainly colors and layout of odometers

Quote Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
      Mainly colors and layout of odometers

Colors and layout between DYNAMIC and COMFORT are exactly the same... (i am not talking about color themes, but drivers display)
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      Colors and layout between DYNAMIC and COMFORT are exactly the same... (i am not talking about color themes, but drivers display)
      Oh ok
      I donít have such feature
      Mine says other options for driver display

Quote Originally Posted by gweempose View Post
      Unfortunately, the answer is no. It seems Volvo has made a conscious decision to never allow the vehicle to be started with the start/stop feature turned off. I'm guessing that's why you are not allowed link a specific drive mode to your key.
      My 2020 XC90 allows me to disable Stop/Start and itís automatically remembered for future starts. As in previous model years, it can be disabled in either Settings or Profile, but now itís permanent until reenabled by driver.
      Last edited by lurker; 11-11-2019 at 10:06 AM.

36. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2