XC90 spotting /pic thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Didnt see a pic thread. Saw this beauty in Stafford, Va today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2007 S60 T5; M66, Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s/Orpheus 17s, H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellows, Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, StopTech Street Performance pads, ss brake lines, 20mm H&R spacers, 80mm extended stud conversion, OBX catless DP, custom 3" exhaust, 4" stainless tip
      1999 V70 XC; auto, Sandstone Metallic: Borbet BS5 17s, 5mm H&R spacers, Koni Oranges, TME springs, Mishimoto FMIC, Custom 3" exhaust, cool air intake, ss brake lines. Coming soon: green injectors, K24, custom 3" DP, Brembo calipers, stage 3 tune
      1990 760; auto, Tokico HD Blues, Midir 18s, 25mm H&R spacers, cut springs

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

You know you've been here often enough when you can immediately spot the R Design even looking at that picture unmagnified with your iPhone

Last edited by Yolgezer; 10-11-2016 at 08:44 PM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Hybrid

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Link aint workin

2007 S60 T5; M66, Titanium Grey/Graphite: Midir 18s/Orpheus 17s, H&R Sport lowering springs, Koni Yellows, Brembo calipers, EBC slotted rotors, StopTech Street Performance pads, ss brake lines, 20mm H&R spacers, 80mm extended stud conversion, OBX catless DP, custom 3" exhaust, 4" stainless tip
      1999 V70 XC; auto, Sandstone Metallic: Borbet BS5 17s, 5mm H&R spacers, Koni Oranges, TME springs, Mishimoto FMIC, Custom 3" exhaust, cool air intake, ss brake lines. Coming soon: green injectors, K24, custom 3" DP, Brembo calipers, stage 3 tune

I should take a picture when I drop off my daughter at school, there are at least 6 of us in 2016/2017 XC90's and this is just the kindergarten drop off. When I parked for open house last week there were 4 of us right next to each other.

Quote Originally Posted by djsaad1 View Post
      I should take a picture when I drop off my daughter at school, there are at least 6 of us in 2016/2017 XC90's and this is just the kindergarten drop off. When I parked for open house last week there were 4 of us right next to each other.
      Good for you In my case I'm really looking forward to an opportunity to see another XC90 on the street. There are only 30 XC90s spreading all over Japan so the chance to see one is extremely rare. On the other hand, I am happy as this car is not common yet so all eyes on me
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription / Crystal White Pearl / Amber / Fully Loaded / P*

XC90 photo thread....Add yours...Let's make this an ongoing thread

I didn't see a photo thread, so I am creating this thread and hoping all the owners can post their XC90 Photos.
      Last edited by tin369; 10-20-2016 at 11:14 AM.

MY16 XC90 T8 Inscription, Electric Silver, Rugged Styling Kit, Charcoal Nappa Leather, Metal Mesh Inlays, Intelisafe Pro, Xenium Pack, Winter Pack, Apple CarPlay, Towbar, Power Front Cushion Extensions, Power Folding 2nd Row Headrests

Take it home tomorrow!
      2017 Volvo XC90 T8 Inscription, Osmium Grey, Convenience, Vision, B&W, Air Susp, 22s
      2010 Volvo XC60 R-Design, Sapphire Black, Climate, Convenience, Multimedia
      2014 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite, White Diamond Pearl (Sold)
      2004 Acura TSX, Satin Silver, 6MT, Nav (Sold)
      2006 Audi A3, Silver, Climate, Premium Pkg, Convenience, Nav, Bose, Open Sky (Sold)

Wow! They look amazing!!
      (Hers) Current Ride - 2017 XC60 T6 AWD
      ( His ) Current Ride - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD

(Hers) Past Rides - 93 244, 05 XC90, 15.5 XC60
      ( His ) Past Rides - 91 745, 05 S40 T5 FWD

Been seeing a ton in Va.

This guy is just asking for door dings. I park a bit further in our lot at work where there are no cars.
      Last edited by Shamak; 01-06-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Parked next to a buddy

Also I need a wash
      Sitting at the port 2017 T6 R Design Bursting Blue Bowers & Wilkins sound, Vision & Convenience packages with HUD and Air suspension. Delivery Approx Nov2016

Well I'll say, autonomous parking sure is crap on these new Volvos.
      "The top-end T8's are like 'dictator opulent'. It screams 'drive me through the Kremlin in a military parade with some ICBMs on trucks'" - TheVolvo
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing"
      "XC70 FWD is like a beer with 0% Alc. Wtf, realy wtf."
      " I am sure I will buy a mainstream car with great mileage and a plug-in instead of a but-plug 🖤"
      - CrossingCountries

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyoho View Post
      Well I'll say, autonomous parking sure is crap on these new Volvos.
      No, this is more "Don't ding my door with your freakin' car!" kind of parking. I already have 2 door dings on mine and only have had it for a little over a month!
      BTW, anyone have a good method to take out the door dings from your car? I've tried the heat and upside down compressed air method, and that didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with the hot glue extraction contraption that sells for $10 on Amazon?
      2017 Momentum+ | Osmium Grey-Amber | Vision | Climate w/ HUD | Convenience | B&W | 20" Dbl-Spoke Diamond Cut Alloys

Quote Originally Posted by eman006 View Post
      No, this is more "Don't ding my door with your freakin' car!" kind of parking. I already have 2 door dings on mine and only have had it for a little over a month!
      BTW, anyone have a good method to take out the door dings from your car? I've tried the heat and upside down compressed air method, and that didn't work. Does anyone have any experience with the hot glue extraction contraption that sells for $10 on Amazon?
      For most door dings, you aren't going to pull em' out yourself. Look into paintless dent repair in your area, they can properly get them out but it usually involves getting to the backside of the panel with the ding. So in a door, they have to remove the parts from the inside of the door to expose the back of the panel. At least, that's how it was about 10 years ago when I had some dings removed from a front fender on an old car I no longer own caused by a shopping cart in a parking lot.
      Currently Own:

2018 Volvo XC60 Inscription — Replaced my 2016 XC90 First Edition

2018 Cadillac Escalade ESV Platinum — Replaced my 2017 Audi Q7

Volvosweden posted this video a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9r4xDzPy8

As for the parking, I don't like dings either but I thought it looked a bit d!ck-ish. As a word of advice, some people are somehow very offended if they see a nice car parked like that. Not because you're taking up an extra space (which you aren't in this case though) but because they become jealous. I can't translate the term "putsbög" from Swedish, which I've heard more than once, but basically it's saying you're anal about a car and if it's expensive it's adding insult to injury.
      "The top-end T8's are like 'dictator opulent'. It screams 'drive me through the Kremlin in a military parade with some ICBMs on trucks'" - TheVolvo
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing"
      "XC70 FWD is like a beer with 0% Alc. Wtf, realy wtf."
      " I am sure I will buy a mainstream car with great mileage and a plug-in instead of a but-plug 🖤"
      - CrossingCountries

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyoho View Post
      Volvosweden posted this video a while back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gu9r4xDzPy8

As for the parking, I don't like dings either but I thought it looked a bit d!ck-ish. As a word of advice, some people are somehow very offended if they see a nice car parked like that. Not because you're taking up an extra space (which you aren't in this case though) but because they become jealous. I can't translate the term "putsbög" from Swedish, which I've heard more than once, but basically it's saying you're anal about a car and if it's expensive it's adding insult to injury.
      Agreed. Don't get some idiot a reason to damage your car.

yeah, but there are only two parking spaces (as Schmoyoho noted). I say, good parking job, sir. You can't even trust another volvo driver, and you certainly can't trust another car trying to jam into the empty spot, even though it's not a parking space.
      2017 T5 Momentum+, Osmium Gray, Amber Leather, B&W, Vision.
      2005 Tacoma S5 4x4, Silver, 130K miles strong.

Showoff! Looks a bit like a toy. Nice!!

Quote Originally Posted by badcyclist View Post
      yeah, but there are only two parking spaces (as Schmoyoho noted). I say, good parking job, sir. You can't even trust another volvo driver, and you certainly can't trust another car trying to jam into the empty spot, even though it's not a parking space.
      Yep. It was a two spot space so parking over the line wasn't much of an issue since no one would have fit in the remaining pace anyway.

If I have to park somewhere and I don't have enough space on with side I break out the doorshox to prevent dings from other cars just in case
      Sitting at the port 2017 T6 R Design Bursting Blue Bowers & Wilkins sound, Vision & Convenience packages with HUD and Air suspension. Delivery Approx Nov2016

I have been pretty successful with a puller with assorted attachments that you put hot glue onto and stick on the car, then you attach the puller, has handles, as you squeeze the handles, it lifts the piece you glued to the car. The trick is to have the dent into the sun, warm panels and hot glue adhere much better and hold for better dent pulling.
      Quote Originally Posted by eman006 View Post

Maybe it's just me, but the spa xc90 looks way better than the q7.
      1985 Jeep CJ10A Diesel - heavily modded - lightly wheeled
      2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - lightly modded - heavily wheeled
      2016 Volvo XC90 Polestar✦ Momentum+
      2016 Audi S6 Prestige

Hey Labrador...I'm going to search for that parking spot at Ala Moana Shopping Center!!! Will be good to know where it is once I get my XC90...haha!
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Apr 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Acruxksa, is that with air suspension lowered in parking mode? Looks really low!
      2018 Volvo XC-90 R-Design package, Bursting Blue Metallic - grocery hauler and daily driver
      2016 Porsche GT4, Sapphire Blue Metallic - weekend and track toy

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      Hey Labrador...I'm going to search for that parking spot at Ala Moana Shopping Center!!! Will be good to know where it is once I get my XC90...haha!
      Top level by Macy's. Here is a map

Also if your salesperson is Lenny he's a great guy

Awesome!
      I took this shot today. Twinning at Squaw Valley.

MY2017 XC90 T8 R Design * Bursting Blue * Carbon Fiber * Vision * Convenience * Booster

That hitch cover for the OEM tow bar doesn't look too terrible in this picture

You betcha! freakin' [email protected]$$ in my opinion. 7am in the Home Depot parking lot. I had to buy a new thermo-couple to replace the failed one in our boiler, woke up at 5m and the house temp was at 62f (outside was 5f, fired up the woodstove and a couple electric heaters to keep things from freezing until home depot opened)

It's my wifes car and she has the air suspension set to lower when she shuts the vehicle down. Everytime I see this car in the parking lot, I absolutely adore it. flat out just a great looking vehicle and when you add the lowered look with air suspension, it's just that much better.
      Last edited by acruxksa; 01-08-2017 at 03:30 AM.
      1985 Jeep CJ10A Diesel - heavily modded - lightly wheeled
      2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - lightly modded - heavily wheeled
      2016 Volvo XC90 Polestar✦ Momentum+
      2016 Audi S6 Prestige

Oh wow...great pic...got it! Yes, Lenny is also our sales rep and we've been very happy with his service. Our OSD XC90 is expected to arrive in HI around the last week in March so we have a ways to go. But I'll be keeping my eyes open for your Bursting Blue R Design on the highways. Thanks!
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Apr 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      Oh wow...great pic...got it! Yes, Lenny is also our sales rep and we've been very happy with his service. Our OSD XC90 is expected to arrive in HI around the last week in March so we have a ways to go. But I'll be keeping my eyes open for your Bursting Blue R Design on the highways. Thanks!
      You did OSD from Hawaii? That's awesome flying all the way there.

Only two bursting blues in the whole state currently, when they got their last shipment on XC90's there was mine and one other blue. So if you wave you have a 50% chance of getting it right

Winter wash

This is why I park the 07 S60 far away from people. It doesn't have 1 door ding yet.

Been seeing them all over the place in Portland, OR. Icy roads for the past 5 days, and I've seen lots of new XC90s out and about.
      2017 XC90 M+, Pearl White/Amber

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast