OSD Black, White, or White? Help me with pictures!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Hello All,
      I pick up my OSD Momentum + December 29. I chose BLACK paint. But now that I see other XC90's around town, I think I may like the white better.

1. Do you know if it is easy to change the color of the order for OSD and what date I must change before pickup.
      2. Anyone else change from Black to White? or Visa Versa?
      3. If White, which one?

Any pictures would be great to see!

Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

We had the same decision and ultimately went for Ice White. We still agonize over Black all the time, but I agree that the white is just striking. We went ice white over the crystal white because crystal white can sometimes look yellow in certain light--we do not like that effect. I think it still looks nice, but pure personal preference between Ice and Crystal White.
      2017 T8 XC90 Inscription | Ice White | Charcoal/Charcoal | Convenience | Vision | HUD | Air Suspension | B&W (delivered March 4, 2017)

do you have pics?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

We thought about this a bit and ended up with Crystal White Pearl. For photos, I uploaded a bunch here:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...5801?_k=am1rq5

We found the clean pop of the white exterior with the Thors Hammer headlights quite striking as well. The decision to go Pearl was just to change up from darker grays and solid whites we had in the past, and we actually liked the slight glitter in direct sunlight. With an Amber interior, we are quite pleased with the light open feel.

We decided against black because that seemed to blend with so many q7/x5 type vehicles on the road, at least in our area. But, it's totally a personal choice and you can't go wrong either way.

As for making changes, your dealer should be able to tell you or you can contact the overseas desk at NJ to find out too. From my experience, it was hard to get a definitive date. Each time I asked, I could only find out if " changes are still possible " or not. Luckily we made our change in the possible window.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by mxms533; 10-25-2016 at 09:34 AM.
      2017 T6 XC90 Momentum+ | Crystal White Pearl | Amber/Charcoal | Convenience | Vision | HUD | Air Suspension | 20" 5-Double Spoke Matte Black Wheels (US OSD: Sweden - Aug, 2016, US - Nov, 2016)

I'm biased towards Crystal White because our last 2 cars were black lol So really wanted to try something different.
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter | Picked up June 4/2020 |
      2016 XC90 T8 Lease Return
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by webgophers View Post
      1. Do you know if it is easy to change the color of the order for OSD and what date I must change before pickup.
      When I tried to make an addition to my OSD order, I was told by the OSD staff in NJ (relayed via my dealer) that I couldn't because it was beyond two-weeks after I placed the order.

Quote Originally Posted by webgophers View Post
      2. Anyone else change from Black to White? or Visa Versa?
      https://youtu.be/F2AitTPI5U0?t=2m55s

2017 XC90 T8 Inscription (OSD)

I had a black car and I loved it, but it was always dirty no matter how much I washed it and the swirls drove me crazy. I have a crystal white now and I love it. Always clean, no swirls, and the metallic "flakes" make it look amazing. It will be hard to see it on pics, go to your dealership and see it in person.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      I'm biased towards Crystal White because our last 2 cars were black lol So really wanted to try something different.
      +1....What he said......
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

I have crystal white with blond interior. Love it!

we have black and it's a PITA to upkeep. you will see every little scratch... but we use Blacklight / V07 every month and detail spray every 2 weeks. Out of the stable it is the best looking out in the wild.

If you are inspecting every square inch, it brings alot of pains lol
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Black cars look fantastic... when they are spotless. I've had 3 black cars... love them all, but HATED cleaning them.

Ice white is ok... just looks... white.

Crystal White Pearl... in the sun, it's amazing. My wife, who does not like white cars agreed for us to get the crystal white pearl. Picking up Saturday.

Another vote for the crystal white... got a 2016 Crystal White R-Design T6

+1 for crystal white. Crystal white T6 Momentum Plus with charcoal interior (but light headliner). I had a tan interior in my prior cars and didn't like the jean dye transfer on the seats. The Volvo blonde interior screamed "dirty in two weeks and stays forever" to me. The amber was nice, but I didn't want dye transfer again. This is my first black interior. Since it has the light headliner, the interior is not too dark.
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

After almost 6 months my blond charcoal interior is still in almost new condition. I don’t baby it either (other than trying not to rub the seats when I get out ) . i wipe down the seats every 3 weeks or so with leather cleaner. That’s it

Lucky for you. I had a 2016 S60 loaner with blonde interior (blonde seats and floors) a month ago. I looked down and saw how the passenger footwell was all scuffed up with black and brown shoe scuff marks (the people missed the floormats and marked the blonde door sill plastic with their shoes). I didn't look at the driver footwell though. The seats already looked so tired/dirty too.

I will never keep up with wiping down seats every 3 weeks. Kudos to you on being able to do that. I had purchased leather cleaner/conditioner for my previous light interior car two years into owning it and only used it the weekend I bought it. I never used the cleaner/conditioner again. Then I bought some wipes thinking maybe I could keep up with using wipes. The wipes dried out before I could use a third wiping sheet.
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

One more vote for Crystal White!
      2016 OSD XC90 T6 Inscription: Crystal White, Amber ventilated seats, black/black headliner, 20" 5-Double Spoke Matte Tech, HUD, Convenience Package, Vision Package

Awesome pic! You can see the sparkle in the back half of the car.

Nice wheels too! Those were the wheels I wanted, but there were no vehicles in stock in my area with my desired option/color combo choices, so I got the one they had in stock with the 10-spoke turbine wheels instead. I guess I saved that $750 option and put it towards other things instead (ahem Polestar).

I picked up an Ice White ... never would have considered a white car but I feel it shows the XC90's lines the best.
      Also God forbid there is an accident its super easy to paint match as opposed to Crystal White.

Here's a photo of mine, it's a T5

BTW, here's my crystal white T6.

We ordered the Ice White, with the amber leather. We loved the warm white.

I wish that the two tone steering wheel in the blond interiors would be available in the other interiors. JMHO. I see this steering wheel in many ads, yet it is not available except in the blonds. I think a white black, white grey, amber black would look superb !

I like the luxurious look of the onyx black. Makes it look more masculine and elegant. The white would, however, be my second or third choice.

At the beginning I was considering all the colors except black. I was planning to buy a Crystal White having see it only in the configurator, but after seeing a real one I find it a little bit flashy to my taste.
      I bought for the same price the other "exclusive" color available, the electric silver. I really love it, one of the best color I have had in any car.
      MY 2017 XC90 D5 Inscription /Electric Silver/ charcoal/ Air suspension, B&W, Auxiliary fuel heater, 4 zone clim, leather dash and almost all options excluding homelink,carplay,laminated windows and some others that I don't remember.

i'm in love!

We have Ice White and love it. There were two reasons we chose it over the Pearl - (1) if it would ever have to be touched up, the Pearl in the Crystal White can potentially be very difficult to match, and (2) the Volvo shade of White is a very bright white, and when clean it is beautiful.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription: Ice White, Black with black headliner, Air suspension, Convenience, Vision, HUD, 21 inch wheels

Quote Originally Posted by rogbmw View Post
      We have Ice White and love it. There were two reasons we chose it over the Pearl - (1) if it would ever have to be touched up, the Pearl in the Crystal White can potentially be very difficult to match, and (2) the Volvo shade of White is a very bright white, and when clean it is beautiful.
      I see that you got the same Ice White and amber leather that we did. What was your reason for the black headliner, which we had considered too ??

28. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements