SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Oil Level Low

859 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  nat_tex 
#1 ·
I'm getting the oil level low warning on my V8 XC. I checked the oil and it appears to be topped off. I'm reluctant to add oil but I think this has happened before. I had the oil changed and it cleared up IIRC. Any suggestions?

#2 ·
I had same thing happen to me today it was low so 1qt later it was perfect!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Same thing here during last two oil change intervals. Have I missed threads reporting oil consumption in these V8s? We are now over 150k miles, where many domestic V8s do begin to do so but I'm a bit surprised with this one.

#5 ·
Had it happen to me for the first and only time about 10,000km ago, while cruising on the highway. After the engine cooled off, it read below the "min" line. Added a quart, and it hasn't happened again. Yet.

#6 ·
Mine has never used more than a few oz's of oil between changes. (usually change it in the 6k km range) but I have had the msg a few times in its 215k km life so far. Usually following an oil change being careful not to over fill it and trying to keep it between the low and full marks. Scared the hell out of me the first time, but when I pulled the stick out it was still at a bit more than min. Each time added about 6oz to bring the level up to between mid and high and the msg goes away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.