SwedeSpeed P1 (C30, S40, V50, C70) HID Retrofit Index
- SKBOWE Plug-and-Play harness for P1 HID conversion (you are here)
- Background info, general questions, and share your HID setup <- Non-SKBOWE HID install issues/discussion/WMM kills
- KBOWE How-To (Original 2009 Version) build your own PWM filter <- if you want to build your own
- Original 2009 investigation and technical discussion on S40 HID issues <- Technical/Engineering discussion on the CEM, PWM, WMM, and alternate designs
- ForceFed’s E46 D2S Bi-Xenon Projector Retrofit guide
- Rewire OEM Bi-Xenon headlights to work on the halogen harness
- DRL Disable Alone not enough for safe Aftermarket HID retrofits
- LizardOfBodom's EU/RHD Bosch ("E46") Bi-Xenon replica retrofitting writeup + angle eyes + running lights
This thread is for discussion of the SKBOWE PWM filter, a plug-and-play error harness that I developed to help the P1 community with HID retrofits. If you have a question that's not related to the SKBOWE, please see if it fits in one of the other HID threads (above) before posting here or starting a new one.
Lets face it, the OEM halogen headlights in our cars suck. We should all know by now the issues with HID retrofits, and that the DIY solution is not trivial since it takes some soldering and hacks up the CEM harness. I have been PMed dozens of times over the years asking for a better way...
So... I found something really sweet If you are interested in a commercial, plug-and-play (no cut wires!) solution that was designed specifically for Volvo P1 cars (S40, V50, C30, C70) check out:
https://www.skbowe.com/ - Shipping Now! Limited Quantity Remaining
Orders as of October 2017 (82 total): boulderc30, V50toS40, thefisch33, rhags138, persianelf, nhiggins, S40R-by-design, walky_talky20, taskmule, viggen, Puddlepirate56, chrisasdf, Noswal, beachnut, stevien1, evy0311, MJC70, MCRDSM-S40, hq_, et al... *
- Prototype: #001A (test) #002 (mine),
#003(display unit/open box)
- Batch 1: #004-#028 CLOSED & SHIPPED (JUL 2017)
- Batch 2: #029-#050 CLOSED & SHIPPED (DEC 2017)
- Batch 3: #051-#075 CLOSED & SHIPPED (FEB 2018)
- Batch 4: #075-#100 - Shipping Now (OCT 2018)
* Don't see your username here? PM me with your SN#
Click here to see SKBOWE Installs!!
rhags138 (007) - Install
mgm7890 (024) - Install + writeup
SirScarFace - Install
Saab - Install
SKBOWEs have shipped all over...
For those of you looking for projectors, I put together a reference sheet to help you identify compatible Bosch AL 3-inch "E46" projectors in auctions or at salvage yards:
See the full resolution PDF here: https://www.theeshadow.com/files/vol...ide_v1_web.pdf
You want to look for "Gen 2" projectors, they have the best optics and the wiring is simple. Gen 1 requires a solenoid controller for bi-xenon functionality. All projectors with black plastic rings will fit D2S, the ones with octagon-shaped bulb holders might need a simple modification (bending a small tab) to allow them to take D2S bulbs.
If junkyard hunting and eBay stalking aren't your thing, Nick has been nice enough to hold a few for us:
projector beam patterns:
SKBOWE install is plug-and-play:
Survey Stats as of May 2017: 87 responses, 82 on board.
We need a reliable manufacturer / distributor for high volume manufacturing of a specialized error canceling circuit designed specifically for the Volvo P1 series. A complete validated production ready design is available. If you are a vendor and are interested in taking on this project, please contact me!