Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      I'm interested. The google doc isn't opening for me

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30
      2010 s40 T5 AWD M66 a tribute to Heico's ODIN HS4

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Ok folks, quick update. This has not been forgotten...

I completed the PCB design and BOM (Bill of Materials) a few days ago, with the intention of producing a limited run (100 pairs) for folks here. The prototype PCBs are in the mail, and I put in the connector order (longest lead time - 30 days) to enable a reasonable timeline if this moves ahead.
      Last edited by theshadow27; 06-12-2017 at 01:47 PM.
      '05 S40 T5 AWD M66 sport/winter/ew. Michelin PS A/S+. 6000k 50w HID low/HIR1 high/full LED conversions. RiCA SW. Evoelate intake. IPD rear sway, skidplate, TCV.
      Writeups
      Full P1 (S40/V50/C30/C70) & P2 (S60/V70+R) LED conversion | P1 HID conversion & details | FM Modulators & interference | stalk cleaning | CEM Teardown

I believe C30 Crew is owned and run by members if I'm not mistaken. The owner's username is Travman. I'm sure something can be worked out. At least worth a shot.
      2010 S40 T5 AWD M66 R-Design (The Unicorn) KW V1 ~ FastCo FC04A ~ Elevate rear sway bar ~ Massive RaceSpec Adjustable Camber Arms ~ Huper Optik 40% ceramic tint ~ Shark Stage 1 Tune ~ Elevate upper and lower manifold ~ Elevate Intake ~ DO88 FMIC ~ EST downpipe ~ Mototec Sport Edition catback

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I'd take it over to the crew. Or P1 Nation on Facebook. We can setup a store there.

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Any idea on what the cost you are looking at theshadow27? Or still TBD?

Cool, good to know there are other options. I guess interested folks will be able to find it wherever it gets setup.

No promises but at this point it's looking like $80 shipped w/preorder or $100+shipping after, assuming that there aren't any unforeseen costs (like the above). Should have 4 prototypes (8 units) soonish.
      '05 S40 T5 AWD M66 sport/winter/ew. Michelin PS A/S+. 6000k 50w HID low/HIR1 high/full LED conversions. RiCA SW. Evoelate intake. IPD rear sway, skidplate, TCV.
      Writeups
      Full P1 (S40/V50/C30/C70) & P2 (S60/V70+R) LED conversion | P1 HID conversion & details | FM Modulators & interference | stalk cleaning | CEM Teardown

Can you post a recap of exactly what you're producing?

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Quote Originally Posted by theshadow27 View Post
      Cool, good to know there are other options. I guess interested folks will be able to find it wherever it gets setup.

No promises but at this point it's looking like $80 shipped w/preorder or $100+shipping after, assuming that there aren't any unforeseen costs (like the above). Should have 4 prototypes (8 units) soonish.
      Sounds super reasonable. Keep us all posted!

Add me to the list as well. Let me know where you land and I will follow.
      In the driveway: 2012 S60 T6 AWD | Black/Beechwood | Premium/Climate/Convenience Packages | BLIS | Sunroof | Active Bending Bi-Xenon | iPd Skid Plate | TFT DIM upgrade (mine), ... Former - 2006 S40 2.4i M56
      2009 Acura RDX & 1995 Celica GT Convertible (wife), 2017 GMC Sierra SLE | Elevation Edition | Crew Cab (son)

hey shadow. long time.
      count me in on a set.
      cheers.
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

Awaiting Approval
      mark me and count me in, too!

Im in. I can barley see 4 feet in front at night.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

So... I've dropped $2k already (of $6k) to get these out faster so y'all better put your money where your mouth is...

https://www.skbowe.com/

Threw that together real quick, if there are issues plz let me know. And if you can, help get the word out, the faster we fill the preorders the sooner I can order the caps!
      Last edited by theshadow27; 06-12-2017 at 02:46 PM.
      Writeups

So... I've dropped $2k already so y'all better put your money where your mouth is...
      GREAT JOB! Do you happen to have any idea what overseas (Europe) shipping will cost?

Quote Originally Posted by hq_ View Post
      GREAT JOB! Do you happen to have any idea what overseas (Europe) shipping will cost?
      Edit: It should be calculating international shipping correctly now.
      Last edited by theshadow27; 06-12-2017 at 05:09 PM.
      Writeups

We've got 4 orders so far. International shipping calculation should be working now for those of you overseas - refresh the order page if it still shows the warning.
      Writeups

I'm order #006 and shared it on Instagram

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Got mine ordered. Can't wait to retrofit in some e46 projectors and finally be able to see at night.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Ok so do we need to get e46 projectors? And h11a or h11b bulbs? I'll be going with the morimoto kit

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Good stuff, theshadow27 - happy to see your design going from "lightbulb" to actual product!. And kudos for the website - organised and informative, very professional! [clap clap clap]
      The future of my unicorn is a bit uncertain now so I am holding on with any extra purchases, but I will make sure to direct anybody from my side of the pond to your website. Shipment rate is very resonable so I think it should gain interest.
      Titanium Grey 2005 V50, T5AWD, M66, Stage 1 Hilton tune<-Click me
      E-Focus Torque mount, E-46 bi-xenon retrofit (see the PDF for pictures and full story) , de-nanny mod, Brembo discs+ATE ceramic pads

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post
      Ok so do we need to get e46 projectors? And h11a or h11b bulbs? I'll be going with the morimoto kit
      In the US, if you are keeping the factory projectors, you'll want H11B (i.e. return wire on the bottom) rebased HID bulbs, with the H11 power connector on the inside-the-headlight harness.

If you go with E46 or other Bi-Xenon projectors, you'll need to get D2S bulbs, but still need the H11 power connector - contact your HID supplier to make sure this is what is being shipped.
      Writeups

I forgot to mention - if you are doing a Bi-Xenon retrofit you'll need to tap the high-beam power wires to run the solenoid. Make sure to get a projector with a 2-wire solenoid, the 3-wire ones need an extra control module. If you're really worried about wiring I can make up a custom adapter that sits between the high beam bulb and factory plug.

Thanks everyone who has put in orders - please keep them coming... The wif isn't going to be happy if there are 90 pairs of SKBOWEs sitting around unsold...
      Writeups

I forgot to mention - if you are doing a Bi-Xenon retrofit you'll need to tap the high-beam power wires to run the solenoid. Make sure to get a projector with a 2-wire solenoid, the 3-wire ones need an extra control module. If you're really worried about wiring I can make up a custom adapter that sits between the high beam bulb and factory plug.

Thanks everyone who has put in orders - please keep them coming... The wif isn't going to be happy if there are 90 pairs of SKBOWEs sitting around unsold...
      What kind of setup is this? Different from just adding the hid ballast kit?

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Quote Originally Posted by thefisch33 View Post
      What kind of setup is this? Different from just adding the hid ballast kit?
      Are you asking what a bi-xenon retrofit is? Lots of threads and info on this if you search... but two good resources,

1) All about projector retrofits @ TRS: https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bl...id-projectors/
      2) A quick post on options for our cars: https://www.skbowe.com/a/2017/06/13/...commendations/

Basically, if you don't care what the beam cutoff looks like, there is nothing wrong with the stock projector, stock lens, straight swap to a 55W ballast - this will throw as much light downrange as the best lens/projector setup. It is really a personal choice.
      Writeups

Put my order in today! Thanks so much theshadow27!

Any concerns with DRLs when using the skbowe? Do they need to be disabled in some way?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

So quick update - I went ahead and punched out the diode & capacitor order ($2500!! ); DigiKey had only 277 capacitors in stock (enough for 27 pairs) backordered until October 2nd. That means that there are only 17 left until Mid October at the earliest - so if you want one, now's the time...

Also just a friendly reminder: I am not even breaking even on the pre-orders (parts cost = $85.04)... so after June 25 the price will go up to the originally promised $99.

Quote Originally Posted by persianelf View Post
      Put my order in today! Thanks so much theshadow27!
      Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by nhiggins View Post
      Any concerns with DRLs when using the skbowe? Do they need to be disabled in some way?
      Yes, there are concerns and you can't use them with HIDs installed. If you are the only driver, just leave the headlight switch in on ("II", straight up) all the time. Other than running the low-beam at 50% PWM during the daytime, there is no difference between position "0" and position "II" on the LSM when DRLs are programed in the CEM.

If you are not the only driver, it's safer to them disabled by the dealer (or yourself if you have a DiCE).

When operated with the DRL program during the day in position "0" (i.e. 50% PWM), what will happen is strongly dependent on your ballasts.

35w digital ballasts may still work, depending on what the low voltage cutoff is - those that run down to 8v will still work - but this is not healthy for the (very expensive) capacitors in the SKBOWE because the ripple current will be nearly twice the design capacity, and it will shorten their life dramatically. Other 35W and most 55W ballasts will fail to ignite, or stay ignited. Usually, this triggers a "short circuit" fault in the CEM, and causes the low-beam circuit(s) to remain disabled until you remove the key and restart the car, with no visible bulb failure indication!

I know the design is solid - there's over 100 vehicle-years of road time on it - so long as they are operated correctly. As an added incentive, the SKBOWEs come with a lifetime warranty if you prove your DRLs are disabled with a VIDA screen shot or dealer invoice - just reply to the confirmation email.

Hope this helps, and thanks for your order!
      Writeups

Hope this helps, and thanks for your order!
      You're the man.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
      Last edited by nhiggins; 06-18-2017 at 09:11 AM.

Just ordered mine!
      Last edited by S40 R-by-design; 06-19-2017 at 08:35 PM.
      2010 S40 T5 AWD M66 R-Design (The Unicorn) KW V1 ~ FastCo FC04A ~ Elevate rear sway bar ~ Massive RaceSpec Adjustable Camber Arms ~ Huper Optik 40% ceramic tint ~ Shark Stage 1 Tune ~ Elevate upper and lower manifold ~ Elevate Intake ~ DO88 FMIC ~ EST downpipe ~ Mototec Sport Edition catback

My DRLs were disabled before I left the dealership lot. Mode 0 is everything is off, full blackout mode. Mode 2 is marker lights only, and the final mode is headlights on.

'10 s40 m66 awd
      '12 c30

Going to order these tonight. Hopefully this is safer for the wiper motor modules and the ECM? I have heard ghost stories about cheap "defeaters" costing hundreds in electrical damage.
      2007 S40 T5 AWD with Dynamic Trim/Fogs.
      Mods:
      Custom Catback 2.5" straight-pipe dual exhaust with chrome tips, Elevate Cone Intake w/ ECU Mount, E-Focus mount, Dr Jonez Stability Control Mod
      Cosmetic: OEM Aluminum Roof Racks, 35% Tint, Yellow Painted Calipers, Prancing Moose Decals, Custom Sweden Euro Plate with 'Need4Swede'

Quote Originally Posted by SirScarFace View Post
      Going to order these tonight. Hopefully this is safer for the wiper motor modules and the ECM? I have heard ghost stories about cheap "defeaters" costing hundreds in electrical damage.
      Yep, that's the whole point

The cheap ones have 4700uF caps. The expensive ones have 10,000uF caps. The SKBOWE has 42,000uF caps. Need more for low frequency PWM. Ground wire keeps WMM safe. Designed specifically for P1...

In other news, caps come Friday!
      Writeups

Just ordered! Nice website, too. Answered all my questions.
      Passion Red 2006 V50 T5 AWD M66 - Climate, Premium, and Dynamic packages
      Laser Red 2001 Audi A4 1.8TQM, 5-Speed Swapped, 4.11 Final Drive, APR 93, ST Coilovers, 034 RSB, D2 A8 Brakes Front & Rear

Just a friendly reminder, the pre-order period ends at midnight eastern on Sunday (June 25). After that, the price will go back to the original $99 for the remaining units (currently 11) and up to 30 back-orders which will ship in October.

So if you want one, now is the time - especially overseas where the international shipping is basically covered by the pre-order discount.

As of today there have been 14 orders! (although that's only 1/4 of what I need to break even ). Thank you all for your commitment! There is a good chance the pre-orders will ship out ahead of schedule, but no promises yet Stay posted!
      Writeups

Writeups

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast