Hello all from Eastern Europe - from Serbia. This is my first post on SwedeSpeed.
So after waiting for almost four months, my new V40 CC arrived back in August. It was love at first sight and now, car is with me for about four months and I am still looking for all sort of excuses to go out and about and take it for a ride.
It is a D3, model year 2017, automatic (geartronic) with Ocean Race pack. The pack wasn't intentional choice, yet local dealer had a massive, 7K Eur discount to this configuration. Beside the Ocean Race pack (which really adds a lot to interior/exterior style), it has loads of additional equipment (business pack, winter pack, LED lights, electric driver's seat, keyless entry, Sensus connect with high performance sound, parking pilot and so much more...). Quite loaded. Optional equipment added was rear bumper with oval pipes, side scuff plates and sport pedals.
So far, my impressions, on the pro side:
- Ride is quieter than expected even on higher speeds
- Great seats and overall, interior is a very nice place to be in
- Really good sound quality (High Performance Sound)
- The looks
- Almost everything else
On the con side:
- Automatic gearbox doesn't shift exactly when I would do it manually and tends to stay longer on higher revs while driving in city
- Handbrake could have been electronic, since I find this one to stick out from the interior. I understand it is a part of the GM/Focus platform however
- I generally don't like "stove" dials for the lights in any car
- Option to connect car to the internet, but unless Volvo on Call is supported, there's no device in the car
- A bit outdated and not fastest entertainment system, no touch display and in general, old tech compared to new cars coming from competitors (still, residues from the GM platform)
Now some really, really minor things:
- The way front floor inlays are joined with rear floor inlays could be a bit better
- There are some cut-throughs in floor inlay on the passenger side, probably for additional equipment parts
- Only one plastic cover instead of two on bolts joining front seats with the floor