V40 CC D3, MY17, Ocean Race
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

V40 CC D3, MY17, Ocean Race

Hello all from Eastern Europe - from Serbia. This is my first post on SwedeSpeed.

So after waiting for almost four months, my new V40 CC arrived back in August. It was love at first sight and now, car is with me for about four months and I am still looking for all sort of excuses to go out and about and take it for a ride.

It is a D3, model year 2017, automatic (geartronic) with Ocean Race pack. The pack wasn't intentional choice, yet local dealer had a massive, 7K Eur discount to this configuration. Beside the Ocean Race pack (which really adds a lot to interior/exterior style), it has loads of additional equipment (business pack, winter pack, LED lights, electric driver's seat, keyless entry, Sensus connect with high performance sound, parking pilot and so much more...). Quite loaded. Optional equipment added was rear bumper with oval pipes, side scuff plates and sport pedals.

So far, my impressions, on the pro side:
      - Comfort
      - Ride is quieter than expected even on higher speeds
      - Great seats and overall, interior is a very nice place to be in
      - Really good sound quality (High Performance Sound)
      - The looks
      - Almost everything else

On the con side:
      - Automatic gearbox doesn't shift exactly when I would do it manually and tends to stay longer on higher revs while driving in city
      - Handbrake could have been electronic, since I find this one to stick out from the interior. I understand it is a part of the GM/Focus platform however
      - I generally don't like "stove" dials for the lights in any car
      - Option to connect car to the internet, but unless Volvo on Call is supported, there's no device in the car
      - A bit outdated and not fastest entertainment system, no touch display and in general, old tech compared to new cars coming from competitors (still, residues from the GM platform)

Now some really, really minor things:
      - The way front floor inlays are joined with rear floor inlays could be a bit better
      - There are some cut-throughs in floor inlay on the passenger side, probably for additional equipment parts
      - Only one plastic cover instead of two on bolts joining front seats with the floor

Last edited by gsm; 12-29-2016 at 05:51 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Nice ride and welcome!
      XC40 D3 R-D MY19, Z3 Roadster 3.0 MY02 ret: V40 D3 CC, S60 D5 Summum Sport MY06, XC70 D5 OR Aut MY06

Thank you very much w.a.p.e.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

U really need som silver bulbs for the indicators
      XC40 D3 R-D MY19, Z3 Roadster 3.0 MY02 ret: V40 D3 CC, S60 D5 Summum Sport MY06, XC70 D5 OR Aut MY06

Hi!

- There are some cut-throughs in floor inlay on the passenger side, probably for additional equipment parts

There's a chassis number found under this
      White car: --744 GLE ´88-- Polishing object
      Black car: --S80 V8 ´07-- Daily driver
      www.garaget.org/JE_Jr

Quote Originally Posted by JE Jr View Post
      There's a chassis number found under this
      Yes, I know for the one with a chassis number, these are on sides of the passenger leg-area. Way too many cut-throughs in the carpet imo.

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements