Total Upgrade - 31483292
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Total Upgrade - 31483292

I know its been discussed here before about the Total Upgrade software update. Not sure exactly what was included but thought I'd post something flukey that happened post software update.

Picked up my car and headed over to starbucks drive through and my one touch down or up doesn't work on the driver side window nor the passenger side. But... oddly enough both rear doors it functions fine. Call the dealership on Monday to ask if anyone else has reported the issue, no no one... so they tell me how to do the reset on the one touch. I tried it, sure enough it fixed the one touch down but not the one touch up. This morning at starbucks drive through sure enough one touch down and one touch up are functioning just fine.

No idea what happened. Update was done on Friday, today is Wednesday. The car fixed itself somehow, after I successfully fixed the one touch down but one touch up didn't work I figured I would have them look at it when I'm in for an oil change next.

Anyone else have anything strange happen after any of the updates? Weird issue I had, wasn't a big deal by any means but thought I'd put it out there.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I noticed the same thing after having the update. The one touch down will work. The one touch up will not work anymore. I have only tried this on the drivers door. I have not had a chance to ask the service person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Firstvolvoxc90 View Post
      I noticed the same thing after having the update. The one touch down will work. The one touch up will not work anymore. I have only tried this on the drivers door. I have not had a chance to ask the service person.

Huh. I did experience this but I did not associate it with anything such as an update. It could very well have been that. I futzed with it for a bit and couldn't get it to work so I just held the button to raise the window. It has not happened again since then and I eat too much at drive-thrus.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Yepp, same here: directly after the recent "Total Upgrade" the front windows only worked manually, not auto (the rear windows however did). Just after trying several times the auto function for the front windows came back...

Reset has been mentioned but just in case.

---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post

Thanks for this post. I will give this a try.

After picking her up from the first oil change, the car's voice response (sorry, I don't know what she's called) was inoperable, I use it mainly for navigation. She was repaired as soon as I returned from my 2,200 mile road trip. When I brought her in for the PA2 upgrade, I found the auto open to the sunroof not functioning. It opened and closed if you hold it but immediately stopped as soon as you stopped pressing the button. She was fixed with another visit to the dealership. I wish these items could be checked and fixed over the air so I wouldn't have to drive back to the dealership every time and I have my reservations of dealing with this once the warranty is up. I try to check everything before leaving the dealership lot but it is difficult due to all of the features and I have a lowly Momentum.
      (Hers) Current Ride - 2017 XC60 T6 AWD
      ( His ) Current Ride - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD

(Hers) Past Rides - 93 244, 05 XC90, 15.5 XC60
      ( His ) Past Rides - 91 745, 05 S40 T5 FWD

Thanks for this post. I will give this a try.

This definitely solved my issue. Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post

I had tried these directions originally... but what seemed to solve my issue was putting the window all the way down manually, then all the way up manually then let go and quickly flick the button up and release then a 2nd time up and release even though the window was all the way up. Thats what the tech told me to try over the phone. Oddly enough it didn't work when I tried it the first couple times but then it worked the next day. Really odd... its as if the car figured out there was a problem and fixed itself. I don't get it. But hey I'm glad lots of others had the same odd issue I did haha.

This definitely solved my issue. Thanks for the info.
      Your welcome. The info I pasted is from the manual we all have access too. Been waiting for my car for so long that I had time to go through it more than once.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthXC90 View Post
      ...then all the way up manually then let go and quickly flick the button up and release then a 2nd time up and release even though the window was all the way up. Thats what the tech told me to try over the phone...
      Strange it didn't work at first. But I don't believe the state of the window matters before fully close and doing the double raise with the button. Glad it works now.
      ---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

Junior Member VolvoXC90Inscription's Avatar
      Is it my imagination that after the total upgrade, now:
      a) You can zoom in/out with stretch/pinch when the navigation is NOT in the full screen mode?
      b) When you change ETA to Distance (right top screen), also Destination changes to current location (left top screen)?
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription - Onyx Black - Vision & Convenience Packages - HUD - 4C Air Suspension - Center Booster Cushion - PA2 Upgrade - Intellisafe Support Upgrade
      2001 S40 1.9T - Gold - Cold Weather Package - Leather Seats - Power Driver Seat - Sunroof/Audio Package - Fog Lights

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoXC90Inscription View Post
      Is it my imagination that after the total upgrade, now:
      a) You can zoom in/out with stretch/pinch when the navigation is NOT in the full screen mode?
      b) When you change ETA to Distance (right top screen), also Destination changes to current location (left top screen)?
      I've been zooming on the non full screen map since before recent updates. Not sure about the other changes as I don't recall ever changing that setting.

how does one check what software version i have on my XC90? Can't find it anywhere....

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyPowers View Post
      how does one check what software version i have on my XC90? Can't find it anywhere....
      Unfortunately, you can't.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      Unfortunately, you can't.
      which is idiotic....

I have lost count of all the weird things that happen continuously with the Sensus system, pre and post, total update. Here's a summary of some of the electronic issues I have had (most are Sensus):

"Display nothing" setting for center display does not work (pre and post update).

Instantaneous messages in center display, which should disappear, will stay in center display until car is turned off. Example: "Pay attention. Entering unverified Road." warning appeared when I entered Interstate 70 onramp in Colorado, and stayed on for 280 miles (pre and post update).

Voice command system does not work, meaning, it misinterprets commands about 97% of the time. No longer use it.

Volvo On Call app terrible. Shows car doors unlocked about 75% of the time when they are locked. Preconditioning works about 50% of the time. Preconditioning timer has never worked (pre and post).

Volvo Roadside Assistance app does not work.

Hatch opens on its own while washing car. Doors lock and unlock continuously when spraying down side of car.

When navigator on, phone or radio volume adjustments often don't work. When navigator on, media volume goes down occasionally. Appears to be locked in navigator volume setting. Disconnecting and reconnecting phone seems to resolve. Haven't used post since navigator is so horrible.

Pandora and TuneIn apps do not work most of the time (pre and post).

"Driver Performance" mileage started showing about one tenth of actual (1.4 to 3.7 MPG). Started around 12/20. Serviced 12/28 - not fixed (pre and post).

Air suspension failure. Error message on 12/26 8 PM in Wells, NV. Suspension frozen on highest setting but front higher than rear. Motor for suspension appears to be running continuously. Repaired 12/28.

Heads up display (HUD) looses setting and moves out of visual field every time car is shut down. SUPPOSEDLY FIXED WITH TOTAL UPGRADE ON 12/28. Now malfunctioning even worse than before - looses setting constantly, too dim at times to see, and now not displaying navigation.

Rain sensing wiper mode never works properly - speeds up when rain and speed is constant, slows down / speeds up for no reason (pre and post).

Sensus display locked on A/C control screen and would not clear until car was stopped and turned off 1/27 (post).

Driver side rear passenger door remained locked and would not unlock for about 3 minutes on 1/29 (post).

Radio volume occasionally locks (pre and post).

Center display could be blacked out during drive (pre). Center display now comes back on when braking (post).

Numerous other "buggy" issues which seem to clear when car shut down and restarted.
      2017 XC90 T8 R-Design
      Southern California

Quote Originally Posted by djd562 View Post
      I have lost count of all the weird things that happen continuously with the Sensus system, pre and post, total update. Here's a summary of some of the electronic issues I have had (most are Sensus)
      Sounds like you're having a lot of problems. Not sure but maybe this info will help:

Many keyless entry cars experience locking and unlocking when washing. Workaround is to keep key fob out of range. Same goes for the lift gate. The water and/or your proximity to the rear is confusing the sensors.

VOC is unreliable for others as well - if you haven't yet, complain to them. They should make it right for you so that when it does start working, you get it for free for a while.

The voice control feature is widely panned. It's not just you. Not sure why it's so bad. My 2009 Chrysler had a better voice control system. Supposedly it's better with the version that came out last week but I haven't tried it. I don't really need it with Siri anyway but that doesn't excuse them from marketing an advanced voice control system that doesn't work well.

Messages that show at the top of the driver display sometimes need to be manually dismissed using the center button of the d-pad on the steering wheel. I've seen others say that this doesn't always work although I haven't had this problem. I wonder if there's multiple messages queued up and multiple presses are needed to clear them?

There was someone - possibly you? - who had mentioned the center area thing on here before. I've tried it for as long as I can stand it (couple of days, at most) and I've not seen it show anything there until I got tired of it being blank and turned the navigation on again. Is there something that you recall triggering this?

Pandora, Spotify and TuneIn are horribly slow to launch (45 - 90 secs.), but eventually they work for me. Unless they fix this, they're not worth using when I've got them all on my phone.

I've had a handful of Sensus reboots but they've been quick (about 30 secs. to come back on) and more an annoyance than anything. Haven't had one since an update in late December.

There was an update that came out a couple of weeks ago to fix a battery drain issue. If your last update was in late December, you might be affected and should get another update.

20. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements