Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info - Page 10
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10
      Any update on supporting Mac Catalina yet?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

When I contacted Customer Service a few weeks back, they did not tell me there was any ETA — just it was a known problem and they are working on it.

If others have not also at least sent in an email to Customer Service, perhaps (business like) cards and letters from owners will help light a fire under you-know-where.
      Bert

Present: ‘20 XC60 T8 Inscription
      Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

Anyone know what's in the November 2019 Sensus update? Nothing posted on the website about the November update.
      XC90 MY20 Onyx Black T6 Incription * Nappa Leather Perforated Maroon Brown
      Polestar Optimized * Premium Pack * Versatility Pack * Sport Steering Wheel * 21'' 8-Multi Spoke Black Diamond-cut Alloy Wheel *

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

how long does it take for the software update in the dealership?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx Black - Amber Nappa Ventilated Seats - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate - Sports Heated Steering Wheel - HomeLink®, Interior rear view mirror with autodim and compass
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

On the phone they quoted me one hour. I'm going to get it on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by konste View Post
      On the phone they quoted me one hour. I'm going to get it on Tuesday.
      cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      XC90 MY20 B5 Inscription
      Onyx Black - Amber Nappa Ventilated Seats - BLIS - Volvo Guard Alarm - 4 C Active Suspension -Sport Pedals - Illuminated Tailgate Scuff Plate - Sports Heated Steering Wheel - HomeLink®, Interior rear view mirror with autodim and compass
      Packs: Light - Media & Sound - Park Assist - 360° - Winter - Xenium - Seat - Anti-Terror Window Films

Time depends how big the file is, which depends when your last update was. If it is customer pay, one hour labor is pretty standard.

Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      cost?

The software update for Sensus, which gets baked into PDS, TSU and Service 2.0, are discussed in the following thread: Latest Nov 2019 software update?
      https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

But to answer your question, [edited], I defer to experts like Tech.

2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Quote Originally Posted by Dilinger View Post
      cost?
      They have not told me anything about the cost and I implied it is free. If it is not I am going to reject and try a different dealership.

Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by konste View Post
      They have not told me anything about the cost and I implied it is free. If it is not I am going to reject and try a different dealership.
      Please consider jumping over to the thread referenced above - focused on the November / Semi-annual/ Sensus update.

This stickie / thread is focused on road maps and voice control updates.

2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 Jan. 2020 | 45K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Version 1286 for Road maps was released on 5 December 2019.

This is reportedly the last update for 2019.

Version 1290 released on Jan 23rd

https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support.../north-america

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
      Our first Volvo - Optimus Prime - 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum Onyx Black, HUD, Momentum+, Convenience, Vision, Climate, Pilot Assist II + Mitigation Upgrades + Jan 2020 Update

My Fuel Log for real life Optimus Prime fuel efficiency - http://www.fuelly.com/car/volvo/xc90...wdarygm/910536

^ Thanks! I am going to get relieved of my job.

Thanks for sharing. Would have been nice if Volvo also put release notes along with software updates so people can decide if to upgrade or wait for next one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am doing something wrong. When I insert the USB drive, nothing happens. I tried three different ones. 2016 XC90.

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Frikeando View Post
      I am doing something wrong. When I insert the USB drive, nothing happens. I tried three different ones. 2016 XC90.

Any tips?
      Make sure the USB drive was formatted with FAT32 or NTFS for 64GB drive. Copy only those two files for the map onto it. Plug in, turn on the car, if there is a LED indicator on the USB drive, it should start flashing. After Sensus is fully loaded you should see a small spinning ring on top right of the status bar. Pulling down the settings page, it should show which map is being installed.

Change to a different brand USB drive if doesn't work. A common brand like Lexar, Sandisk, and so on has better chance. Try the small regional file to save time copying file. After files are copied, right click USB drive in file browser on computer, choose "Eject" and wait for the "you can safely remove it" message then remove it.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 01-26-2020 at 09:10 PM.
      Rolling, Fusion Red - 2018 XC60 - T8
      Running to retire, 2000 V70XC 236+k miles

Any tips?
      Have you read Post #1 which has a lot more background?

Use the USB port border with a white box if you have dual USB ports.

Don’t use a connecting cable.

Be patient with this release it took mine a good couple of minutes to initiate the install.

The install of 1290 seems to take longer to start.

Have your car ignition set t position 1 or 2.

I never use the USB port with the white box around it. It’s for Apple CarPlay, and mine always has a lightning cable plugged in. I just updated to 1290 and used the other port with no issues. It didn’t take any longer than normal.
      2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription, Thunder Grey Metallic, Polestar Optimized
      traded - 2019 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design with Polestar Optimization, Bursting Blue Metallic
      first Volvo - 1985 740 GLE sedan

Quote Originally Posted by jay_man2 View Post
      I never use the USB port with the white box around it. It’s for Apple CarPlay, and mine always has a lightning cable plugged in. I just updated to 1290 and used the other port with no issues. It didn’t take any longer than normal.
      I’ll be - so much to learn yet.

Ah, I just installed 4 regional maps 1286 last week. Now need to do it again.

Those regional maps are too small, less than 2GB a file and 21 files for America. If they can make 4 to 8gb a file, then I probably only need one or two file to cover my regions along west coast.

Maybe 1GB is easier to download in car. But I hope it is possible to install multiple files from USB drive in one shot, then it will be much easier to install selected regions.

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 01-26-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post

Any tips?
      Make sure the USB drive was formatted with FAT32 or NTFS for 64GB drive. Copy only those two files for the map onto it. Plug in, turn on the car, if there is a LED indicator on the USB drive, it should start flashing. After Sensus is fully loaded you should see a small spinning ring on top right of the status bar. Pulling down the settings page, it should show which map is being installed.

Change to a different brand USB drive if doesn't work. A common brand like Lexar, Sandisk, and so on has better chance. Try the small regional file to save time copying file. After files are copied, right click USB drive in file browser on computer, choose "Eject" and wait for the "you can safely remove it" message then remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post

Any tips?
      Have you read Post #1 which has a lot more background?

Use the USB port border with a white box if you have dual USB ports.

Don’t use a connecting cable.

Be patient with this release it took mine a good couple of minutes to initiate the install.

The install of 1290 seems to take longer to start.

Have your car ignition set t position 1 or 2.
      I used a Sandisk 16Gb and 8Gb drives for local maps that takes 1Gb. I also tried the 16Gb one for voice command with the same results. I don’t think the size of the USB drive can make the difference.

The 2016 XC90 only has one port. I didn’t use any cable in the middle. Car was parked and on.

The drive was roughly 30 seconds plugged. Maybe I have to leave it there longer. Will try tomorrow and report back.

I used a Sandisk 16Gb and 8Gb drives for local maps that takes 1Gb. I also tried the 16Gb one for voice command with the same results. I don’t think the size of the USB drive can make the difference.

The 2016 XC90 only has one port. I didn’t use any cable in the middle. Car was parked and on.

The drive was roughly 30 seconds plugged. Maybe I have to leave it there longer. Will try tomorrow and report back.
      Another way to check if USB works is to put only one .mp3 file on the USB drive, and see if able to play it.

Good news. I put files for 2 regions on the USB drive and I see it starts to install one of them.
      After it is done I'll check if both regions are installed all together.

Update: yes, it installs all the map files.
      So just need to copy your neighbor regions then they will be all installed, with message showing which one is installing and has been installed. A 4GB or 8GB USB drive is big enough if you don't go cross continent trip.
      Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 01-28-2020 at 10:20 AM.

The hint that the Catalina SW update would be made available soon has disappeared from the download page but the SW you get is still the old 32 bit one. Anybody with more info on what is happening on this front that would care to comment?
      current Dec 2019/MY20 XC90 T6 Inscription black with p*
      Past
      - July 2015/MY16 XC90 D5 Inscription amber black with p*
      - MY10 XC60 D5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by chmax View Post
      The hint that the Catalina SW update would be made available soon has disappeared from the download page but the SW you get is still the old 32 bit one. Anybody with more info on what is happening on this front that would care to comment?
      I still see the blurb about Catalina on that page. Maybe they took it down and them put it back up?
      2018 XC90 Inscription / Air Suspension / B & W / 21" OEM Wheels

Finally! the software downloadable for MAC (maps, gracenote, and voice control) is now Catalina compatible!!!
      Last edited by chmax; 02-13-2020 at 05:52 AM.
      current Dec 2019/MY20 XC90 T6 Inscription black with p*
      Past
      - July 2015/MY16 XC90 D5 Inscription amber black with p*
      - MY10 XC60 D5 AWD

Quote Originally Posted by chmax View Post
      Finally! the software downloadable for MAC (maps, gracenote, and voice control) is now Catalina compatible!!!
      Great news. Progress at last. Thx for reporting.

FYI for others, the US download site is lagging as seems typical (still shows no Catalina support), whereas the UK site is downloading fine for me on Catalina as I type this.
      Bert

Past: ‘15 Tesla S90D; ‘14 SLK250; '13 RX450h; ‘09 335i; ‘06 RX400h; ‘02 SC430; ‘99 RX300; ‘95 SC300; ‘91 Legend...

Quote Originally Posted by BertL View Post
      Great news. Progress at last. Thx for reporting.

FYI for others, the US download site is lagging as seems typical (still shows no Catalina support), whereas the UK site is downloading fine for me on Catalina as I type this.
      Yeah, they just forgot to remove the Catalina warning on the US page. The app does work now though (I am using it now).
      2018 XC90 Inscription / Air Suspension / B & W / 21" OEM Wheels

@Gary-16-Xc90 - Looks like 1293 is out for US.
      2018 XC60 T8 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD | Grey | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Dystaxia View Post
      En, downloading time again? It is just to kill time. I didn't update maps in past two years and hit no issue. In Jan this year I already updated twice and see nothing new either.

Can't find 1293 though. The US support site still list 1286 which was released in December 2019:
      http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378

Last edited by FusionRedXC60; 02-17-2020 at 04:31 PM.

FWIW, in just two map updates I’ve applied since owning my 2020, I noticed one of the updates introduced more accurate default speed information on two roads around me that I frequent. IOW, original maps provided at delivery, showed the wrong default MPH signage for the two roads on my IC and HUD, until I actually passed a physical sign where the camera would pick up the difference and correct the display.

For the past 15+ years, I’ve lived-in and frequented more established neighborhoods and places where roads and buildings themselves don’t change very often, opposed to where map updates would perhaps be of more benefit as new developments or new highway construction is completed. I also almost never use POI inquiries while driving, that certainly change more often as businesses open and close. As such, I only did manual map updates in my former (pre-Tesla) vehicles perhaps once a year. Now, with my Volvo on-board maps also having default speed info, I’ve found a reason where remaining a little more current has been a plus for me. I don’t plan to update maps with every release, but will before I take a road trip to new places I don’t frequent, and also every few months just to pick up whatever subtle changes may be provided.
      Bert

Quote Originally Posted by Dystaxia View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by FusionRedXC60 View Post
      En, downloading time again? It is just to kill time. I didn't update maps in past two years and hit no issue. In Jan this year I already updated twice and see nothing new either.

Can't find 1293 though. The US support site still list 1286 which was released in December 2019:
      http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378

I don't seem to find the 1293 update either. The US website still shows 1286 while the Canadian one shows 1290.

EDIT: When you start the download from either side, the 1293 download starts.

Capture.JPG
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

When the Volvo mothership implements the roadmap updates, the updates are also available in most other markets despite what the US Volvo Cars website indicates. The US website has significant lag time on updating the webpage.

The link, however, goes to the latest and greatest update available. Not sure why there is such a lag time on US website but this has been true for the last four years for me.

P.S.: In this case, even the UK was a bit behind updating their website to acknowledge the 1293 update. Regardless, I understand that the updates are typically posted on a Thursday or Friday. (It is Wed. today in NZ - early presents for everyone I guess.

Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 02-18-2020 at 02:28 PM.

36. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10