Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      If you want to check your road map version, here is a link: http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answer...odel/XC90%20T8
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 June 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Much like the maps, voice control even on the USA site, downloads the latest and not the stated version.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Performed latest Total Software Upgrade for my MY 3/2017. There's also a self check during startup that shows up on the 12" display. Layout is much nicer including the navi sub menus. Everything works fine, but I do find the map navigation a little quirky when I zoom, pan, or search for POI with touch.
      Also, the update broke the web apps. I cannot update nor download the apps. I have to take the car in again so they can either reset the battery or reload the software again. Not sure what they will do. I tried using the cars sim modem and then tried my cellphone hot-spot, and none fixed the issues. My hunch is that the update may have corrupted the app ecosystem. Cannot install Yelp, Weather, Pandora etc..etc..

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by m95c; 05-12-2017 at 11:19 AM.
      '17 XC90 | '95 E36 M3 Turner Motorsport Chipped | '14 Infiniti QX70 | '94 Supra 6 speed single Turbo | '94 Supra TT Auto | '16 Civic EX-T Hondata Tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I had internet and was using Pandora today but the update apps program said no connection to service, guessing they were down, might be related

Is that a Volvo related server issue? Because I used both the vehicle modem and I my personal hot-spot and both had internet connection. The apps wont update nor download.

Thank you.
      '17 XC90 | '95 E36 M3 Turner Motorsport Chipped | '14 Infiniti QX70 | '94 Supra 6 speed single Turbo | '94 Supra TT Auto | '16 Civic EX-T Hondata Tuned

Quote Originally Posted by m95c View Post
      Is that a Volvo related server issue? Because I used both the vehicle modem and I my personal hot-spot and both had internet connection. The apps wont update nor download.

Thank you.
      Yes definitely something going on. My car wouldn't connect to any apps today or update any apps. Tried wifi and my mobile internet connection

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by djsahil View Post
      Yes definitely something going on. My car wouldn't connect to any apps today or update any apps. Tried wifi and my mobile internet connection

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      I've been installing apps yesterday and today without issue.
      2017 XC90 T8 Inscription

No worries, the problem lies with my vehicle after they performed the update. I already scheduled a service appointment and hopefully they can take care of issue since that is the only thing wrong on Sensus after the update. Everything else is running smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      I've been installing apps yesterday and today without issue.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Picked the XC today. They reloaded the software, reinstalled the new certificate for the modem that connects to Volvos servers and now all the apps work!
      Very pleased with the dealership handling the issues.

Promoted for a map update on sensus today, no idea what version

Quote Originally Posted by curtdept View Post
      Promoted for a map update on sensus today, no idea what version

California map update.

Quote Originally Posted by m95c View Post
      California map update.

Now back to no update again and I never even did It! Kind of glad I didnt.

Road map update 1183 available for NA at VolvoCars.com/us. Similarly, UK site has 1183 update available for Europe, NA and Pacific. All other regions have not had an update as yet.

Since the last voice control was released in January 2017, a new release is expected in the July or August time frame based on the statement that Voice Control updates will be released about every six months.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 June 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

I am receiving my first over-the-air map update. A couple of regions have been installed and the rest are scheduled. It seems it may take 1-2 weeks for all regions to install based on my daily commute time. I haven't checked the version yet, but assume it's 1183 as I had loaded the previous version via USB a few weeks ago.

You mean using a data plan with sim card?
      ---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post
      You mean using a data plan with sim card?
      I have not activated the ATT data plan since my trial period expired more than 6 months ago. The maps are updating with the built-in modem using the same data that the non-streaming apps use (e.g. weather).

1186 is available in Canada (assume the US as well)
      Published 2017-07-06

It is, I just downloaded it using the downloader. Crap I just installed 1183 too.

My over-the-air download continues (confirmed version 1183). I'm surprised nobody else has reported over-the-air map updates in their vehicles yet. Perhaps I'm part of a beta group.

Slow process as each map can't finish installing until the car is restarted. Inevitably most map updates are ready for restart within a couple of minutes of a new trip. The next update waits for the previous to finish after the next restart.

You said no data plan but how about wifi when your parked at home? On the road when I go to System Update its says No Connectivity to system or something similar as I have no data plan or wifi connected.
      Last edited by PhatboyC; 07-14-2017 at 10:11 AM.
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by GatorVolvo View Post
      My over-the-air download continues (confirmed version 1183). I'm surprised nobody else has reported over-the-air map updates in their vehicles yet. Perhaps I'm part of a beta group.

Slow process as each map can't finish installing until the car is restarted. Inevitably most map updates are ready for restart within a couple of minutes of a new trip. The next update waits for the previous to finish after the next restart.
      I did OTA as well. No problems.

You said no data plan but how about wifi when your parked at home? On the road when I go to System Update its says No Connectivity to system or something similar as I have no data plan or wifi connected.
      I don't have my XC90 connected to my home wifi. All my apps have been updated over-the-air with and without the complementary ATT data plan. The over-the-air map update option only appeared recently after the ATT data plan expired.

Sounds like you may have a problem with your System Updates connected to Volvo's servers.

Ota is OK but if you're going to spend the time doing it download the maps.

When you OTA it downloads a Delta file and then tries to merge into the existing file. That's a brutal time consuming process. When you download the maps you get the whole map file over again and it just replaces it.

My OTA worked without any glitches. Took a lot of time though

Downloading 1186 for NA (from Windows).

Downloading 1186 for NA (from Windows).
      I downloaded the Sensus Update app on my Mac and am downloading the NA map update. Two questions:

1) If I install this, I do NOT need to install the regional updates, right?
      2) How can I tell that I'm downloading version 1186? All it says is "Version: 31421850" on the download screen.

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance.

Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by krypttic View Post
      I downloaded the Sensus Update app on my Mac and am downloading the NA map update. Two questions:

1) If I install this, I do NOT need to install the regional updates, right?
      2) How can I tell that I'm downloading version 1186? All it says is "Version: 31421850" on the download screen.

Thanks, and sorry for my ignorance.
      1. By installing the entire NA road map update, you do not need to install the regional maps (as they are subsets of the whole).
      2. The application will download the latest version posted on the Volvo website. I know from my own download that 1186 was posted and as of today there is no other newer update.

P.S., On the Mac, remember to adjust your power settings so that the download does not stall. A full NA will take about 2.5 hours from the web to your USB drive.

The install on the car is about 30 minutes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      1. By installing the entire NA road map update, you do not need to install the regional maps (as they are subsets of the whole).
      2. The application will download the latest version posted on the Volvo website. I know from my own download that 1186 was posted and as of today there is no other newer update.

P.S., On the Mac, remember to adjust your power settings so that the download does not stall. A full NA will take about 2.5 hours from the web to your USB drive.

The install on the car is about 30 minutes.

Thanks, Gary! The Wifi connection from my car to my iPhone is unpredictable, so USB is definitely the way to go. I'll give it a shot.

Just did the 1186 install, took about 30 mins during my commute to work. It was much faster to download to my Mac first and then transfer it to USB stick. My wifi connection has been somewhat hit or miss when connecting to house wifi so also recommend USB stick.

Hey Gary, there is a direct link to the US Gracenote download if you want to include it in your sticky: http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9849

Quote Originally Posted by phillipu View Post
      Hey Gary, there is a direct link to the US Gracenote download if you want to include it in your sticky: http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9849
      Done! Thanks Phillip for the great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Is Gracenote getting data from wifi, sim card or Volvo cloud?

Same as my maps, I don't think gracenotes connects even if I see it when I have my usb music stick in. The music info I see is from the mp3 itself.

Anyone from Canada has over the air map update working or Gracenote without wifi or sim data plan?

Although I do not know for certain, wouldn't the songs be tagged with (XML) data and then Sensus displays the correlated Gracenote Album artwork et al for the tagged song being played? I don't see where WiFi or SIM come into play (pun intended) unless you're streaming. I dunno but it will be interesting to hear from the experts.

https://developer.gracenote.com/site...rprinting.html

Thanks!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast