Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info - Page 9
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9
      I appreciate the free updates, but the frequency causes so much stress. I can't stand having software not update -- I update computers, phones, etc. as soon as possible. So Tech's solution doesn't work: California updates automatically, but then there is the rest of North America. And because installation takes so long, and requires the car to be off to finish, there is a complex task of figuring out what order to install updates in to minimize "dead time" -- the amount of time where an update has finished but can't install because I'm still driving. I have to guess how long a particular file will take and coordinate that with my regular commute.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

The monthly updates are annoying to me, but that is because I have to keep my USB updated for when I do PDIs. If I owned a SPA car, I wouldn't be updating it nearly as often as they come out. Keep your local maps on Auto Update and if you go on a long road trip, update the whole package beforehand. No big deal.

Regarding it needing to be off to finish, it doesn't need to be off overnight. Just a few minutes.

If you have OCD about having the whole country updated all the time then I don't know what to tell you.
      Last edited by Tech; 09-27-2019 at 02:37 PM.

I'm not sure why you need 50 states. I just update the state I i live in and if I know I'm traveling to another state or visit it frequently then I'll add it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
      '17 XC90 | '95 E36 M3 Turner Motorsport Chipped | '14 Infiniti QX70 | '94 Supra 6 speed single Turbo | '94 Supra TT Auto | '16 Civic EX-T Hondata Tuned

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

If I had installed from scratch I would've done only California. But when I bought the vehicle the dealer had installed the entire North America map. And since it can't be uninstalled I feel compelled to keep it up to date. It isn't just 50 states: it includes Canada, Mexico, and Central America.

We can remove them. Not sure if you can install just one region though.

Are you trying to keep them updated OTA? Just use the USB to update them all. It doesn't take that long.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      The latest Roadmap update is 1276 (26 September 2019).

Please remember that the roadmap updates include turn-by-turn updates, HUD updates for roads, lanes, directions, et al.

These updates are greatly appreciated because they are frequent enough - typically monthly, available as OTA and via USB and free of charge

Some brands charge extra for roadmap updates - like $300 a pop for a single annual update. Other high-end brands nickel and dime you for a subscription here and subscription there - sometimes costing a couple of grand.

PSA: If one of us does not appreciate what the manufacturer is offering at no additional charge, it can be easily taken away for all of us.
      Just started the entire NA 1276 download after my Vehicle did the Michigan update yesterday. I was like, "Didn't I just install the 1273 last week and 1270 just a couple of days before that!!"

I wonder what's gotten into Volvo for pushing Map updates so quickly. Not that anyone's complaining and it's actually a good thing.

Gary, have you noticed any visual differences between the previous map (1273) and the latest one (1276), be it on the Sensus Map screen or the HuD or the Tach display? Of course, I will find it out tomorrow but just curious to know.
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

I would be happy to let my region updated over the air and be done with it, but because other regions are not updated every time the car is started it shows "Software updates available" banner and that really gets to my OCD. Download Center also shows that, so I update everything over USB for the sole purpose of getting rid of that banner.

Quote Originally Posted by konste View Post
      I would be happy to let my region updated over the air and be done with it, but because other regions are not updated every time the car is started it shows "Software updates available" banner and that really gets to my OCD. Download Center also shows that, so I update everything over USB for the sole purpose of getting rid of that banner.
      Hahaha. We're in the same boat then! It triggers my OCD bad, and I go out of my way to make sure I install the updated maps asap.

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Thanks Tech for the suggestion to use the USB and I see others do it as well. I do OTA because I understand the USB overwrites the entire map while the OTA files just update from the previous version. I figure the later involves less writing to the solid state memory, increasing its lifespan.

Latest Sensus Road Map and Voice Control Update Info

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post
      Just started the entire NA 1276 download after my Vehicle did the Michigan update yesterday. I was like, "Didn't I just install the 1273 last week and 1270 just a couple of days before that!!"

I wonder what's gotten into Volvo for pushing Map updates so quickly. Not that anyone's complaining and it's actually a good thing.

Gary, have you noticed any visual differences between the previous map (1273) and the latest one (1276), be it on the Sensus Map screen or the HuD or the Tach display? Of course, I will find it out tomorrow but just curious to know.
      I have not noticed anything specifically. It just seems with highway construction season coming to a close in US, there could be several changes around urban areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 09-28-2019 at 11:28 PM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 June 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

New North America maps version #1280 is out today.
      Driving a 2018 XC60 T6 Inscription

Quote Originally Posted by mferranti View Post
      Great.

On a not great note... I upgrade my mac to the new OS "Catalina" earlier this week... guess what is no longer supported...

SENSUS UPDATE SPA NORTH AMERICA

VOLVO!!!!!!!!!
      2018 XC60 T8 R-Design | Bursting Blue | Convenience | Vision | Advanced | B&W Premium Sound | Heated | Air Suspension
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD | Grey | SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mferranti View Post
      Thanks, updating now! What a pain for me - Windows in a VM, xfer the files via SCP to linux, then copy them to a USB. USB passthrough isn't working with USB3 keys right now for some reason. Wish they just let you download the raw files without using their downloader tool which is Windows/Mac only. I might try to reverse engineer it later and get something running on the CLI.

Quote Originally Posted by Dystaxia View Post
      Great.

On a not great note... I upgrade my mac to the new OS "Catalina" earlier this week... guess what is no longer supported...

Nor Gracenote or Voice Control Updates, of course. Thank God for VMware and Windows. We knew a year ago that 32-bit apps would no longer be supported in Catalina. Why is Volvo always so far behind the technology curve? Sigh.
      Current: 2018 V90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Charcoal, Inscription, Dark Flame Birch, Convenience, no B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Black Headliner, Heated Steering Wheel
      Current: 2017 S90 T5 FWD, Mussel Blue/Blonde, Inscription, Vision, Climate, Convenience, B&W, HUD, Leather Dash, Spoiler, 20" Rims
      Past: 2 x 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD; 2012 XC70 T6 AWD; 2012 S60 T5; 2010 V70 3.2; 2008 S40 T5; 2007 V50 T5; 1981 245 DL

Volvo is working on it.

"Map Upgrade Downloads Not Possible with macOS 10.15
      It is currently not possible to download Sensus map upgrades using Apple devices running macOS 10.15. The latest version of macOS (10.15) no longer supports running 32-bit applications such as the map download application.

Volvo Cars is currently looking into this issue and we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

macOS 10.15 was released October 7th, 2019

Kind regards,
      Technical Support "

2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Dystaxia View Post
      Great.

VOLVO!!!!!!!!!
      Tell me what map you need. I will download and store it on my server, and send you a link to download.
      2018 XC90 T6 AWD Osmium Gray/Amber

Map version 1280 available for download.

https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378

Map version 1280 available for download.

https://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378
      Thanks!

As a FYI, v1280 has been out since 10 Oct. it takes awhile Volvo US to update the webpage. The link will always retrieve the latest version. Of course, OTA should be notifying us in near time.

I also try to keep Post #1 up-to-dat as a quick ref.

2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 50% Tint & 90% UV Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 17 June 2019 | 43K miles | See Fuelly.com, 31.8 Lifetime MPG including tows, multiple 1400+ mi. trips and one transcontinental US 5000+ mi trip)

Thanks!

As a FYI, v1280 has been out since 10 Oct. it takes awhile Volvo US to update the webpage. The link will always retrieve the latest version. Of course, OTA should be notifying us in near time.

I also try to keep Post #1 up-to-dat as a quick ref.

Voice control for SPA and CMA vehicles updated October 24, 2019: 32141802AA.

TJ 33211.7.0, dated Nov. 5, 2019, explains “Improvements to the internal Voice Control installation / download process have been implemented with the latest IHU software. It is highly recommended that Total Upgrade, Service 2.0 or PDS software be performed (see TJ 31543) BEFORE attempting to upgrade the Voice Control Software."

Subscribe to the 3-day subscription to read the details as there are numerous tips for successful download, including that Voice Control should be installed in one ignition cycle and that it may take 3-5 min. for the install to start as it is verifying the software prior to install. Do not remove the USB memory stick until the software has been fully downloaded and installed via a confirming message ‘lest later map software updates may be inadvertently blocked.

Also, Roadmaps v1283 (Nov. 7, 2019) is available. According to TJ 35058 (updated on 10/10/2019), the roadmap update cadence is ~every 4 weeks.
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 11-09-2019 at 07:02 AM.

Voice control for SPA and CMA vehicles updated October 24, 2019: 32141802AA.

TJ 33211.7.0, dated Nov. 5, 2019, explains “Improvements to the internal Voice Control installation / download process have been implemented with the latest IHU software. It is highly recommended that Total Upgrade, Service 2.0 or PDS software be performed (see TJ 31543) BEFORE attempting to upgrade the Voice Control Software."

Subscribe to the 3-day subscription to read the details as there are numerous tips for successful download, including that Voice Control should be installed in one ignition cycle and that it may take 3-5 min. for the install to start as it is verifying the software prior to install. Do not remove the USB memory stick until the software has been fully downloaded and installed via a confirming message ‘lest later map software updates may be inadvertently blocked.

Also, Roadmaps v1283 (Nov. 7, 2019) is available. According to TJ 35058 (updated on 10/10/2019), the roadmap update cadence is ~every 4 weeks.
      Gary, so from what I understand of your post, "Do the Latest Voice Control Files update only if you have had the recent Total Upgrade for Sensus done", right? I'm guessing this is the same total upgrade package that changed the Auto start/stop icon on my display and replaced dynamic with Polestar, right? Can you please confirm? I'm downloading the maps and the voice control files on my workstation currently.

Thank you!
      Last edited by Volvolic; 11-10-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Gary, so from what I understand of your post, "Do the Latest Voice Control Files update only if you have had the recent Total Upgrade for Sensus done", right? I'm guessing this is the same total upgrade package that changed the Auto start/stop icon on my display and replaced dynamic with Polestar, right? Can you please confirm? I'm downloading the maps and the voice control files on my workstation currently.

Thank you!
      I believe what you say is correct - 98% confident. I don’t want to steer you wrong as an arm-chair enthusiast. Maybe a Tech would confirm or your dealer would.

I understand from the TJ that the TSU/Service 2.0 released during week 45 (4 Nov 2019) needs to be installed before loading the latest Voice Control.

If you had your car updated on or after Nov 4th for the Start/Stop fix where the TSU was installed, you should be good. (Simply installing a software “upgrade” like Polestar alone would not be enough.)

Finally, there is no dependency on the roadmaps update which can be installed at anytime.

Edit: Interestingly, the Volvo Q&A on Voice Control that was updated on Nov. 4th does not reference the TJ or caveat. I think the most important thing to note are:
      1. It can take up to 6 minutes to start the update - don’t be impatient; and
      2. Install Voice control update during the same (one) ignition cycle and you should be fine.

Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 11-10-2019 at 10:41 AM.

I believe what you say is correct - 98% confident. I don’t want to steer you wrong as an arm-chair enthusiast. Maybe a Tech would confirm or your dealer would.

I understand from the TJ that the TSU/Service 2.0 released during week 45 (4 Nov 2019) needs to be installed before loading the latest Voice Control.

If you had your car updated on or after Nov 4th for the Start/Stop fix where the TSU was installed, you should be good. (Simply installing a software “upgrade” like Polestar alone would not be enough.)

Finally, there is no dependency on the roadmaps update which can be installed at anytime.

Edit: Interestingly, the Volvo Q&A on Voice Control that was updated on Nov. 4th does not reference the TJ or caveat. I think the most important thing to note are:
      1. It can take up to 6 minutes to start the update - don’t be impatient; and
      2. Install Voice control update during the same (one) ignition cycle and you should be fine.

Ok. I do not think I have the week 45 update as my 40k mile service was done during the first week of September, 2019 and I have not been back to the dealership for any more software updates after that (although my main battery was replaced a couple of weeks after my 40k mile service, as it was not holding charge and start/stop failed to engage).
      I'll do the 1283 road maps update first and then try doing the Voice control update (hoping nothing goes wrong)!
      Thank you for the explanation.

TJ 33211 has been around a while and has been updated a few times. The note about it being highly recommended that the Total Upgrade with the latest IHU software be done before updating the Voice Control files was in there before. I believe that update was part of the May update. So if you have the May update, you should be good to perform the update to the latest Voice Control files. I do not know what the risk is if you perform them without the latest IHU software.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      TJ 33211 has been around a while and has been updated a few times. The note about it being highly recommended that the Total Upgrade with the latest IHU software be done before updating the Voice Control files was in there before. I believe that update was part of the May update. So if you have the May update, you should be good to perform the update to the latest Voice Control files. I do not know what the risk is if you perform them without the latest IHU software.
      Ok. Thanks, Tech, for the advice!

Done! Hung at 0% installed for a couple of minutes before fully installing in the next 10 mins!

EDIT: Dunno why the image shows up funny.

IMG_4791.jpg

Done! Hung at 0% installed for a couple of minutes before fully installing in the next 10 mins!

EDIT: Dunno why the image shows up funny.

IMG_4791.jpg
      Yea and let us know if you experience notable improvements. I have not had a chance to install yet.

This is a very interesting thread, jumping in with a few questions since I'm new to this:
      - have you guys installed VIDA, purchased a subscription and were able to see the software updates available for you car?
      - if so, is it possible to also order & install software updates without going by through a dealer (ofc with the risks associated with that)

Quote Originally Posted by globocs View Post
      This is a very interesting thread, jumping in with a few questions since I'm new to this:
      - have you guys installed VIDA, purchased a subscription and were able to see the software updates available for you car?
      - if so, is it possible to also order & install software updates without going by through a dealer (ofc with the risks associated with that)
      Some on SS have. Check out this thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...highlight=VIDA
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 11-12-2019 at 09:42 PM.

My car was at the dealer yesterday for service and received the latest Sensus software. I went to install the latest software update for voice control last night and I received a message that the USB drive could not be read because a newer version of the voice control software was installed. I know I haven't updated the software since the last update. I don't recall how long ago that was, but many months ago. Is it possible my dealer already updated the voice control to the latest version when my car was in for service yesterday? If so, I would expect the massage to say that the latest version was already installed, not that a newer version was already installed.
      Current:
      2019 XC90 T6 R-Design

Past:
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription
      2013 XC60 T6 R-Design
      2012 C70 T5 Inscription
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport
      2005 XC90 T6
      1999 V70R T5

It's possible. That's what the message says even when trying to install the version that is already installed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech View Post
      It's possible. That's what the message says even when trying to install the version that is already installed.
      Great, thanks!
      Current:
      2019 XC90 T6 R-Design

Past:
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription
      2013 XC60 T6 R-Design
      2012 C70 T5 Inscription
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport
      2005 XC90 T6
      1999 V70R T5

36. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements