Cargo Area LEDs Installed
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Cargo Area LEDs Installed

Got the LEDs installed in the cargo area. Only had the small bulb from the liftgate to light up that area. Now ......... the cargo area is lit up!! And it's bright!! Tucked 'em up just under the trim. Can't see them unless they're on. And one in the storage area.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Where did you tap into for the right side light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by KennyE View Post
      Got the LEDs installed in the cargo area. Only had the small bulb from the liftgate to light up that area. Now ......... the cargo area is lit up!! And it's bright!! Tucked 'em up just under the trim. Can't see them unless they're on. And one in the storage area.

Ok, I give... how did you install those lights? They look sweet!

Happy Motoring, your mileage may vary.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

What line did you tap into?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
      02 XC70 R PROJECT TERRÄNGKÖRNING LANDVAGN
      04 V70R PROJECT LANDBARGE
      11 XC60 R-DESIGN PROJECT HEICO

Well, it was easier to post pictures than to run that wire. I snaked it thru the wire channels from the tailgate light itself. I tried tapping the feed inside the left wheel well that goes to the light, but something was reducing the voltage, causing the LEDs to flicker. Running from the tailgate light fixed that. Not sure why, but it did. The lead comes off the light, runs along the OEM wiring and splits to either side of the cargo area. The one in the boot (?) was actually an after thought - it taps into the wires running to the left wheel well. Honestly, it was a lot of hit and miss, took most of an unseasonable warm day.

Showed it to a guy at work. His reply: 'Looks nice. You know I do custom lighting in cars. Should have asked. Take me about an hour' .......... Argh!!!

That looks factory and spot on. No pun intended.
      How is the new light mounted?

In my experience when people say they do stuff, yes it may have taking him a lot less time, but the pride and praise you get from the forum members and the fact that you did it much better then he probably would have is a better reward.
      2019 XC60 R-Design - work in progress
      2015 XC60 R-Design - Totaled
      2016 VW GTI - modified
      2005 G35 -modified

9. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements