A Modest XC Build - Page 45
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast
    Results 1,541 to 1,575 of 1590
      Time for new wheels and tires on my Wife's XC.

Current Volvo's Owned:
      2019 New V90 R Design T5 Crystal White Metallic With RaceChip GTS
      2014 New XC70 3.2L Flamenco Red Metallic

Previous Volvo's Owned:
      2016 New XC70 Classic T5 Magic Blue
      2014 New XC90 3.2L Ice White
      2008 New S60 2.5L Barents Blue With IPD ECU Mapping
      1994 New 854 Flamenco Red Metallic
      1994 Used 944T Teal Metallic with Manual Boost Control Valve
      1986 New 764T Graphite Metallic
      1959 Used Pv544 Dark Brown Metallic

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Wow. Maybe it's the flamenco, but that looks pretty damn good!
      Also a lot of gap there. Is that the right tire aspect ratio?
      Quote Originally Posted by csiever View Post
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      Also a lot of gap there. Is that the right tire aspect ratio?
      There is quote a lot of gap on the stock suspension. That's why I was able to put an xc60 sized tire on without issues. I'm surprised the lifted P2 xc70 crowd hasn't started playing with the p3 XC70s yet. They are far easier to lift than a p2 all with stock equipment. I'd give it a year or two yet at most before "Off Road Builds" start showing up.
      Questions about rear differentials repairs? Email me here - [email protected]
      Owner of the only P3 V70 T6 in North America

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I'm stuck in P2 land. If I find a clean '13-'15 T6 in the colors I want and I actually have cash at the same time, I'll venture in. Dunno about off road build, but a beefier w/t setup would be a consideration.
      Quote Originally Posted by ProlixArgon View Post
      There is quote a lot of gap on the stock suspension. That's why I was able to put an xc60 sized tire on without issues. I'm surprised the lifted P2 xc70 crowd hasn't started playing with the p3 XC70s yet. They are far easier to lift than a p2 all with stock equipment. I'd give it a year or two yet at most before "Off Road Builds" start showing up.
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

I'm surprised the lifted P2 xc70 crowd hasn't started playing with the p3 XC70s yet.
      Could be a lot sooner than I planned, this 2012 just fell into my lap from a co-worker when it lost compression on cylinder 4. My local Indy is putting a new/used motor in it as we speak.

However, not sure I can bring myself to start hacking up a car that's worth over 10k...
      I'll probably leave it stock for a while and give a little more love to my P2R.

Btw - thanks for this thread. I haven't made it all the way through yet, but it's been good to have for reference as I make the P2 to P3 transition!
      2005 S60R TiGray/Norkap: M66, 225k (owned since 2014/150k) mostly stock, resonator delete, stage 1 soon?
      2006 XC70 Blue/Graphite: 125k, CCP lift kit/spacers, iPd skid plate, 225/65R17 Geolander G015 on Neptunes, R exhaust w/ resonator delete
      Soon: 2012 XC70 T6 Bronze/Espresso: 132k body, getting a 83k motor
      Family: 1999 V70 XC Blue/Tan: my first car! (retired), 2004 XC70 Crystal/Graphite (Dad's, now sister's), 2006 XC70 Black/Tan (Dad's), 2007 S60 2.5T Blue/Tan (Mom's)

If I find a clean '13-'15 T6 in the colors I want and I actually have cash at the same time, I'll venture in.

What is your preferred color/interior combination? What are your 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices?
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin View Post
      What is your preferred color/interior combination? What are your 2nd, 3rd, 4th choices?
      Oh, man, I get to choose?? The chestnut brown interior and then the off black inside but not the off white, unless I could be assured it would be easy to change it out from a donor car for a decent price. Outside, Iíd love the silver, the champagne color, brown, caspian blue, white. Caspian blue might be higher on that list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sundstmp View Post
      Could be a lot sooner than I planned, this 2012 just fell into my lap from a co-worker when it lost compression on cylinder 4. My local Indy is putting a new/used motor in it as we speak.

However, not sure I can bring myself to start hacking up a car that's worth over 10k...
      I'll probably leave it stock for a while and give a little more love to my P2R.

Btw - thanks for this thread. I haven't made it all the way through yet, but it's been good to have for reference as I make the P2 to P3 transition!
      Now I'm really curious what happened. Which engine and how many miles? I've not seen any catastrophic failure out of the 6 cylinders engine family's yet and so I'm always listening to see what may show up as they age.

Engines are very cheap from the abundance on the market but are fairly labor intensive to install.

For better or for worse, congratulations in joining the growing p3 wagon club! I think you'll enjoy it, especially after a little hacking, especially with suspension modifications!

Just remember, Bring A Trailer proves that a well documented modified car can have an increased value over stock in some cases.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sundstmp View Post
      I love this interior by the way. Lighter interior, but the superior lasting black leather. Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by csiever View Post
      What size are these? I can't tell at a glance if it's an 18 or 19"? Looks nice

I love this interior by the way. Lighter interior, but the superior lasting black leather. Very nice.
      Actually... brown.
      Current - 2000 V70R Venetian Red Pearl
      Past - 1998 V70 XC Emerald Green Metallic
      RIP - 1987 Mazda RX-7 White/Red (first car, many speeding tickets, blown rotary engine)

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_Wagon View Post
      Actually... brown.
      Sorry, yes, they said that, but I wasn't paying enough attention!

Rdesign V70 is 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th choice...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk Pro
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

Oh, man, I get to choose?? The chestnut brown interior and then the off black inside but not the off white, unless I could be assured it would be easy to change it out from a donor car for a decent price. Outside, Iíd love the silver, the champagne color, brown, caspian blue, white. Caspian blue might be higher on that list.
      OK. This is the 2014 Platinum Edition with Espresso Brown interior; but, it's Crystal White paint, 52.5k mi, West Cost, has the Technology Package, not sure about Climate Package. Enjoy!!
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

OK. This is the 2014 Platinum Edition with Espresso Brown interior; but, it's Crystal White paint, 52.5k mi, West Cost, has the Technology Package, not sure about Climate Package. Enjoy!!
      Wow! That was quick. Thank you! But...
      The excitement ends as of last night. Iím hopeful my euro trip I was going on Friday with my son and wife to visit my daughter refunds me all my money because of the ban trumpeter put in place. Canít imagine what would have happened if weíd gone and then had to leave like my daughter does NOW I had to spend the bank getting an emergency one way to get her home in the middle of the night. Rapers. The entire round trip ticket back in December was half this. The school retracting everyone and Iím hopeful she can get home before the Teflon curtain closes. If not she can meet some of my London fam for the first time (I have a lot there) and return later. We are thankful for that at least, and the fact that I had the money to spend. Good thing I didnít buy a beater...

I had to spend the bank getting an emergency one way to get her home in the middle of the night. Rapers. The entire round trip ticket back in December was half this.
      That sucks, Ian. Hope everyone arrives home safely.

One month and we are back in business. Buy crypto now! Buy the bottom!!!

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingCountries View Post
      One month and we are back in business. Buy crypto now! Buy the bottom!!!

You still haven't shown me a long term charting of why cryptocurrency is a better investment than swedecoins or traditional investing. 2019 was a very good year for my personal brand of heavy metal currency and 2020 looks even better so far.

So far you've made no compelling arguments for your investing choices...

All this talk about lifting and wheel gap makes me even more self conscious that the rear end of my P3 S80 has way too much height. Prolix ... you mentioned some time back about having springs from a dynamic S80, do you still have those?

Ian, I hope your daughter gets home safely. My son has to leave his school by this weekend. Even though it's a hardship we're glad he's going to be home versus being cooped up on campus and possibly getting sick.
      2015.5 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Sand, Platinum, Tech, Blis - wifemobile
      2010 S80 T6 Silver/Anthracite, Dynaudio/Nav, Climate, Blis - my dd
      2005 S40 T5 Passion Red/Quartz, Dynamic Package, E46 bixenon retro - garage queen
      2005 S60 2.5T Black/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Climate - son
      Previous: '05 S60 T5, '04 S80 2.5T, '98 V70 T5, '96 854 Platinum

Pretty sure it has the climate package as the photo showing the navigation has the front seat warms showing too.
      2013 XC70 T6 Polestar(ed)

Quote Originally Posted by tbrown View Post
      Pretty sure it has the climate package as the photo showing the navigation has the front seat warms showing too.
      True; but, heated front seats is also a stand-alone option. I think it's part of the Climate Package; I just don't have enough other information to verify it. For example; when there is a heated steering wheel, usually one of the buttons is dedicated to that function. Not present in any of the photos. Same with the heated rear seats; not shown in any of the photos. Regardless; this is a very well optioned, low-mileage 2014 T6 Platinum.

You still haven't shown me a long term charting of why cryptocurrency is a better investment than swedecoins or traditional investing. 2019 was a very good year for my personal brand of heavy metal currency and 2020 looks even better so far.

So far you've made no compelling arguments for your investing choices...

I canít believe that crypto currency stuff is still around. I guess there are enough fools still buying it. Good time to look at stocks, though. I love watching the Swede-coin, but donít have the wrenches or educated cats to do it justice. Rock on Prolix.

2008 XC70 (his), 2006 S80 2.5T AWD (hers), Past 1998 V70XC, 2004 V40.
      Using Tapatalk

A Modest XC Build

Quote Originally Posted by torrencelodge View Post
      I canít believe that crypto currency stuff is still around. I guess there are enough fools still buying it. Good time to look at stocks, though. I love watching the Swede-coin, but donít have the wrenches or educated cats to do it justice. Rock on Prolix.

2008 XC70 (his), 2006 S80 2.5T AWD (hers), Past 1998 V70XC, 2004 V40.
      Buy Crypto: trust me. Thank me later. Blockchain has it all. Not easy to understand for fools, I know. Ah forget the subject anyway. Do the:- in other news-

Eh, lets not get upset here. But CC, you never did give me numbers of comparison of earnings, which is why I will not play with Crypto. Everyone I've personally spoken to broke even, barely a profit, or lost money. Maybe it'll be a thing, maybe it won't, but I plan to stick with traditional investing and with the way the stock market is right now, I'll probably buy some stocks instead of Swedish Heavy Metal for the next bit, and probably will do that instead of performance parts too.

Currently I've shelved the money set aside for performance or cosmetic enhancement for Joseph. 'Tis the seasons for buying stocks if you have money to spare.

Though, talking cars.... I'm not sure what there is to talk about since I've decided not to invest any money into the car for a while. Hmm, I did find a set of mud flaps to put on Joseph! Might put those on this weekend.

Muddy mud flaps collected

Oooh. I like that tool. I've had a few occasions where that would be handy, and I painfully hold it with one hand and use a small adjustable with the other.

Wait what? Am I missing something with what's happening with that tool? Is that not just a torx on a ratchet?
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 296k.
      1997 850R Estate. RN/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 138k.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 100k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

Quote Originally Posted by JaredR View Post
      Wait what? Am I missing something with what's happening with that tool? Is that not just a torx on a ratchet?
      Looks more like a Phillips.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

"Teacher fired for drinking on the job. Two students expelled for fighting and insubordination. Other than that, the first week of homeschooling went great!"

Like halfast3 says - it's a phillips, but I don't have a short travel one anymore. Mine was a small ratchet and cheap and it broke so I chucked it. That looks like it can get into even tighter spaces.

Oh I see it's a ratchet with a Phillips. Didn't catch that looking on my phone. Also not used to working on Volvos that would have Phillips screws there lol.
      1995 850 T-5R Estate. AW50-42LE. Cream Yellow/Graphite. 296k.
      1997 850R Estate. RN/M66D. Bright Red/Graphite. 270k.
      2007 S60 T5. M66W. Black Sapphire/Arena. 138k.

Past: |1997 855R. Bright Red/Light Beige. AW50-42LE. Totaled by wayward construction equipment. || 1996 854R. Black Stone/Graphite. AW50-42LE. Parts car || 1995 854 TURBO. Polar White/Tan. AW50-42LE. Parts car. |
      Dad: 1997 V70 T5 SE. AW50-42LE. Frost Green/Oak. 212k.Mom: NEW! 1999 S70 GLT Pewter/Oak. 100k. Past: 2004 V70 NA. AW55-50SN Ruby Red/Tan 269k. Sold to markj

I got a really narrow one a few years ago for just this job. There wasn't enough clearance with a regular ratchet.
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Oh I see it's a ratchet with a Phillips. Didn't catch that looking on my phone. Also not used to working on Volvos that would have Phillips screws there lol.
      Yes, it is Phillips. It didn't have factory fasteners for reasons that escape me, but the donor car had many similar modifications that didn't make sense. Such as the dynoaudio speakers being replaced by cheap aftermarkets poorly installed. Mud flaps aren't damaged and came off ok, so, who am I to judge? It was nice of them to have installed them and not take them off before wrecking the car.
      Last edited by ProlixArgon; 03-15-2020 at 01:35 PM.

Well, I pulled them off and they are xc specific. I thought I would resell to someone with an xc, but there are 3 of one style, and 1 of another as the top right is thicker than the other three. The oddities continue...

Last edited by ProlixArgon; 03-16-2020 at 06:13 AM.

Rando comment on wheels: these don't look terrible painted solid.

I think it dulls the effect. The machined face with the gloss black is the T6 look...

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 45 of 46 FirstFirst ... 35 41 42 43 44 45 46 LastLast