A Modest XC Build - Page 47
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47
    Results 1,611 to 1,637 of 1637
      So.... intakes do not take impacts well.

Much better and with a power steer reservoir too.

In other very important updates: keys. Just a public awareness message to anyone potentially wanting to play with cars from salvage auction: they show up without keys with alarming regularity, just like this car. They were present in the auction photos, but somewhere between when the pictures were taken and when the car arrived they went missing. Auction says they don't know anything and so does the transporter and there is no re-course. It is the risk you take.

New keys arrived today.

Keys + software + intake = we're mobile again

Last edited by ProlixArgon; 04-16-2020 at 06:34 PM.
      Questions about rear differentials repairs? Email me here - [email protected]
      Owner of the only P3 V70 T6 in North America

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ProlixArgon View Post
      New keys arrived today.
      LOL you're a badass... I'm almost afraid to ask how much to get the key situation squared away
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrracer View Post
      LOL you're a badass... I'm almost afraid to ask how much to get the key situation squared away
      It wasn't cheap, but regardless what it cost there was no other options moving forwards... I did what needed to be done and we move on.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

So, after programming two keys and moving on, this comes in the mail yesterday.

Well, now I have three.

Last edited by ProlixArgon; 04-28-2020 at 05:47 AM.

So, after programming two keys and moving on, this comes in the mail yesterday.

Well, now I have three.

One for IPD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "The Real IPD" - ZZZZZZZ's thread
      2007 Passion Red/Gobi VRgt; 2005 Silver/Beige Leather S60 2.5T AWD; 2002 Silver/Off black leather V70XC
      Past: 1999 Tropic Blue/Green/Oak leather V70 (NAa); Mom traded 1975 Maroon/Maroon leather 164E

Quote Originally Posted by ZZZZZZZ View Post
      One for IPD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      For sure, if you want this one I'll keep Joseph a little while longer. Doesn't make a lot of difference to me.

Last weekend Joseph got his 8th oil change while in my care.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

How often? I run full synthetic every 5k. Little use between changes, now at 156k.

2008 XC70 (his), 2006 S80 2.5T AWD (hers), Past 1998 V70XC, 2004 V40.
      Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by torrencelodge View Post
      How often? I run full synthetic every 5k. Little use between changes, now at 156k.
      I do the same. Every 5k. Easy numbers to remember.

Last weekend Joseph got his 8th oil change while in my care.

Didn’t know you changed to R blue- may do the same. Tired of the chrome dials.

-powered by 5 mad vikings-
      XC70|D5|AWD|GT6|MY11|Polestar|IPD SWAY|

After about 5 years of searching, I've gotten my hands on a set of one of the rarest of wheels in Jaguar's catalog.

~

These Calisto wheels were originally found on the 2006 Super 8 Portfolio. They weigh in at an impressive, nearly forged weight of 26 lbs on a 20x9, but I don't know for sure if they are forged. Factory brochures only say "light weight." I had a Super 8 a couple years back but could not find the factory set of wheels.

I always like the center caps for this set with a vintage Jaguar logo dating back years before, as seem to be the tradition of the more special versions of cars that Jaguar produced.

~

These are a full bolt on for a Volvo in offset and bolt pattern and remind me of Heico's best designs. 5x108 with a center bore of 63.4 and offset of 49.

heico.jpg

Said Heico has a limited production run going on right now and Viva Performance can supply you up with a set. If wanting one, I would suggest buying sooner than later as I expect they won't stick around.

~

Not sure what I plan to do with these wheels yet, though they've always been the wheel I wanted for Joseph but never thought I could find. I've tried to obtain a set a coupe times in the past 3 years, but was always out bid.

~

In other news, Prolix and Co continue to explore the SPA cars and got in a parts xc40 and a non-parts S60 Inscription

Last edited by ProlixArgon; 05-20-2020 at 06:33 PM.

Ugly XC40! How long did it burn?
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

That's a lovely set of wheels man...
      09 XC70 T6 "Maxamoose"
      Many, many Miatas

Hmmm $2K for Heico V's for the '15 XC60? but, wifemobile, perhaps not a good idea

On another note Prolix ... did you not mention having a set of dynamic springs from a P3 S80? I asked before but I think your cat ate my post.
      2015.5 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Sand, Platinum, Tech, Blis - wifemobile
      2010 S80 T6 Silver/Anthracite, Dynaudio/Nav, Climate, Blis - my dd
      2005 S40 T5 Passion Red/Quartz, Dynamic Package, E46 bixenon retro - garage queen
      2005 S60 2.5T Black/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Climate - son
      Previous: '05 S60 T5, '04 S80 2.5T, '98 V70 T5, '96 854 Platinum

Junior Member Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks's Avatar

These are a full bolt on for a Volvo in offset and bolt pattern and remind me of Heico's best designs. 5x108 with a center bore of 63.4 and offset of 49.

heico.jpg

Said Heico has a limited production run going on right now and Viva Performance can supply you up with a set. If wanting one, I would suggest buying sooner than later as I expect they won't stick around.
      This is probably a stupid question, but are the center caps on Heicos interchangeable with oem Volvo caps?
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 117,XXX

Titania Diamond Cut and Black Stone - Vredestein Quadrac 5 235/45/18

ISO - One used Fortuna, round, preferably Light Gray

Quote Originally Posted by beachnut View Post
      Hmmm $2K for Heico V's for the '15 XC60? but, wifemobile, perhaps not a good idea

On another note Prolix ... did you not mention having a set of dynamic springs from a P3 S80? I asked before but I think your cat ate my post.
      The cat is very active. Anything lose and floppy, it's out to seek and destroy. Knock it off the table and hide it under the couch is the name of the every day game.

But yes, I do have a dynamic s80, but it does have Nivomats on the rear, which means they would not be ideal to use on a car without them. Nivomat springs are, I'm sure, quite different from the standard springs. In the xc90's I've converted from Nivomat to standard rear suspensions I've always switched the springs. I've never played with a mix and match set up as I stopped experimenting with mixing and matching those back with the RWD applications. People were scrapping 960's back in the day for the cost of rear shocks as at that time there wasn't a good way to convert to a standard suspension.

I have a set of s60 R-D springs, but that's a slightly lighter application.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago_UnCommon_Bricks View Post
      This is probably a stupid question, but are the center caps on Heicos interchangeable with oem Volvo caps?
      I don't know the answer to this. The Jaguar center cap is a different size than Volvo, but I don't know the size of Heico center. I'm sure I can find out though.

Is unfortunate that the Jaguar 20x9 weighs 2 lbs less than the Heico 19x8... Not a bad weight, and they are certainly cheaper than the Jag wheels. If I remember right the Jag was around $1400/each in wholesale back when I checked 5/6 years back.

I don't know the answer to this. The Jaguar center cap is a different size than Volvo, but I don't know the size of Heico center. I'm sure I can find out though.

Is unfortunate that the Jaguar 20x9 weighs 2 lbs less than the Heico 19x8... Not a bad weight, and they are certainly cheaper than the Jag wheels. If I remember right the Jag was around $1400/each in wholesale back when I checked 5/6 years back.

No worries. Maybe someone else here will know, or I can just inquire with VIVA.
      2015.5 Volvo S80 T6 Platinum AWD - Savile Gray Metallic / Off Black In Anthracite - 117,XXX

19s with a 38 offset might be cutting it a bit close with the standard suspension anyway.

I asked Viva, and the answer is "unlikely." Their new run on Vanilla wheels will take a Volvo center though. Looks factory

Last edited by ProlixArgon; 05-22-2020 at 07:34 PM.

I asked Viva, and the answer is "unlikely." Their new run on Vanilla wheels will take a Volvo center though.

Cool...thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      Ugly XC40! How long did it burn?
      Couldn't tell you. The light weight metal and aluminum melts away and hides whatever the cause was. The interior is fine and so is the engine, so it didn't burn very long.

The cat is very active. Anything lose and floppy, it's out to seek and destroy. Knock it off the table and hide it under the couch is the name of the every day game.

But yes, I do have a dynamic s80, but it does have Nivomats on the rear, which means they would not be ideal to use on a car without them. Nivomat springs are, I'm sure, quite different from the standard springs. In the xc90's I've converted from Nivomat to standard rear suspensions I've always switched the springs. I've never played with a mix and match set up as I stopped experimenting with mixing and matching those back with the RWD applications. People were scrapping 960's back in the day for the cost of rear shocks as at that time there wasn't a good way to convert to a standard suspension.

I have a set of s60 R-D springs, but that's a slightly lighter application.
      Ugh, you must have an older S80 then because I believe they nixed the nivo's in '11 or '12. For the $800+ cost of a pair of new nivo's I could probably buy the newer oem dynamic springs from Volvo. How many miles on your S80? Wonder if the shocks are trashed.
      2015.5 XC60 T6 Flamenco Red/Sand, Platinum, Tech, Blis - wifemobile
      2010 S80 T6 Silver/Anthracite, Dynaudio/Nav, Climate, Blis - my dd
      2005 S40 T5 Passion Red/Quartz, Dynamic Package, E46 bixenon retro - garage queen
      2005 S60 2.5T Black/Graphite, Premium, Sport, Climate - son
      Previous: '05 S60 T5, '04 S80 2.5T, '98 V70 T5, '96 854 Platinum

Because cars aren't interesting enough: this is my latest foster kitten. She's about 2 months old and bundles of fun. Kittens > wagons? #controversy

Fearlessly she climbs on my shoulders to play with my hair and doesn't even mind baths if she gets to snuggle afterwards.

Both make life sweeter. I often enjoy either the car or the cat more than the humans (wife excepted).

2008 XC70 (his), 2006 S80 2.5T AWD (hers), Past 1998 V70XC, 2004 V40.
      Using Tapatalk

For those of you that don't like kittens, a fun little find this week in a 1997 9000 Aero. Nearly a one owner car! I'll start parting this out or selling as a whole soon. The photo effect chosen was the best thing I could come up with for replicating a faded 90's magazine add.

Last edited by ProlixArgon; 06-12-2020 at 05:49 AM.

For those of you that don't like kittens, a fun little find this week in a 1997 9000 Aero. Nearly a one owner car! I'll start parting this out or selling as a whole soon. The photo effect chosen was the best thing I could come up with for replicating a faded 90's magazine add.

Love the vibe from that photo!
      Now 2011 Volvo XC90 V8 AWD Executive. Luxury Package. Multimedia Package. Proximity Sensors. ABL. BLIS. Premium Electric Silver/Perforated Soft Beige. 122K. (2011-)
      2011.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD. Climate Package. Rear Park Assist Camera. Convenience Package. Technology Package. Exterior Styling Kit. Proximity Sensors. ABL. BLIS. Premium Electric Silver/Sandsoft Beige. 103K. (2010-)

Then 2005 Volvo S40 2.4i. Sport Package. Climate Package. Convenience Package. Black/Dark Beige. (2005-2010)
      2006 Volvo XC90 2.5T AWD. Premium Package. Versatility Package. Convenience Package. Climate Package. Titanium Gray Metallic/Light Taupe.(2005-2011)

30. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 47 of 47 FirstFirst ... 37 43 44 45 46 47