SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

INTERIOR PICS. lets see them

14K views 98 replies 27 participants last post by  erikkress1320 
#1 · (Edited)
post them up.

not sure what im doing with mines. debating on black carpet with silver dash trim or carbonfiber trim
and cloth/vinyl seats .

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
2000 V70R
Original seats with about 125K miles at this time;

#48 ·
Looks fabulous. So comfy and inviting, which they are when they're in good shape.
Q: Who did your new inserts? What was the cost, if you don't me asking?

#4 ·
You need to have someone repair and respray the outer bolsters

#8 ·
Dang, that interior (driver's seat) looks brand new!

#9 ·
Never been touched!

#10 ·
Behold, the Work70:

Do you think we should vacuum it or nah?

#12 ·
ThAts not even close to as bad as I've seen. Looks like my shiit70 right now. Too cold to go out there though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
you mean kinda like this?

#25 ·
I'd like to see a pic of what the P80VR charcoal leather seats with "white" alcantara inserts looked like when new, or nearly new.
Here's a sweet car I looked at about a year and a half ago, but had no reason to buy - but dang, it was nice. His seats were the lightest-colored ones I had seen.

The interior of my 2000 was barely used, but also somewhat neglected. I doubt that it was detailed or even wiped down more than a couple times in 17 years.
It has kind of a "grey" cast to it - seats, pocket bands, piping, etc. I don't think it's that far off of what is normal for that color, but not many pictures exist of that combo. I doubt it was very popular. :rolleyes:

I did the sweater shaver touch-up on the driver's seat, and now it just needs a good cleaning. What's the best cleaning method for this stuff?

#26 ·
Supposedly magic erasers are good on Alcantara. The results didn't set my pants on fire, but maybe I didn't have the technique right. I would be trying it again if I had ended up with another red/tan 855R like I'd wanted.

#27 ·
Hmmm... I've got a ton of those. I used Magic Erasers to get mildew and 7 years of ground-in dirt out of white vinyl boat upholstery. They worked awesome. I've read comment that they are too abrasive for that, that they will take the top coating off of vinyl and wreck it. I didn't see that happening to mine - it just pulled all the crap out of the grain in the material.
With care, I think they're great. Use on Alcantara seems odd, though.

#29 ·
Mine look pretty new still 🤣 I'll post up a pic when I remember. You can use warm water and a laundry detergent to clean the fake suede. Comes out good. Then sweater shave. The grey is hard to clean once it gets dirty with sweat and oils from your skin. That's why I have blankets on my front seats and don't let anyone in the back lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#39 ·
I've used Sonax to clean alcantara. It works well.

Did I sell these to you? (The Black Mable trim)
If so, these were Big Will's which he sold to me but I never got a chance to use them. Looks great and very different.

#32 ·
Ditched the tan interior after seven years of trying to convince myself that tan wasn't thaaat bad. :face palm:

Who was I kidding? Anyway, better now:

(The wood trim was a new-in-box OEM Dark Walnut kit I got from Big Will a few years back. That is a brand new '00 VR leather steering wheel I've been sitting on for years, same with leather e-brake handle. I also have a brand new set of charcoal R mats that I squirled away some years ago, although those aren't pictured. The result feels like a brand new car.)

#33 ·
Looks great :thumbup:
I've always loved the tan 850R interior (owned one for a short time and it lived up to my expectations even in its rather run down state) but the V70R just can't pull it off somehow. Looks like a fantastic change for your caR.

#34 ·
Thanks! What a difference it makes. 100% agreed on tan 850R interior- it must be the contrast from the piping and the Alcantara design, but it definitely looks and seems to wear better than VR tan.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.