What did you do TO or IN your SPA 2016+ XC90 today?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

What did you do TO or IN your SPA 2016+ XC90 today?

Most of us love our cars, no matter what it is. Some of us like modifying them, some like to leave it as it is and just drive it. To each their own.

Let's use this thread to share things we have done TO or IN our XC90s! Big or small! Maybe it's something you don't think warrants a whole new thread; post it here! Sometimes you just want to share that you had it washed or that you bought new wheels for it. Or maybe it is pissing you off and had to have it towed. Or you you just enjoyed driving it!

This thread may or may not catch on, but if it does it could be like a daily community journal of our love or hate for our XC90. A thread to check the pulse of the SPA XC90s in one thread! If not, it will move down the board and disappear! We'll see how it goes!

-----

I'll start!

Today, I installed some ugly green stickers, drove it to and from work, and shaved off 30 minutes each way by being able to drive in the HOV lane solo! Unfortunately, I had to slap green stickers on it, but saving an hour a day of my life on the 405 FWY...priceless! My "whopping" 20 mile commute normally takes 1-2 hours each way! I'll take that hour a day!

Love this car more each day!
      The Daily: 2017 Volvo XC90 T8; R-Design, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, 22" 5-Double Spoke Wheels, Vision, Climate, HUD, Convenience, B&W, Air Suspension, integrated booster, OE Volvo Load Bars, StealthHitch
      The Others: 2010 VW Passat Variant, 1993 VW Corrado SLC, 1992 VW GTI 2.0l 16V
      RIP: 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 - killed by a drunk driver

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Helped a friend move. Rear seats are down more than up for the last few months. No chore at all for the drivetrain to move the tandem trailer.

Hers: 2013 C30 T5 / Polestar Limited Edition / 6M / #147 of 250 / Rebel Blue
      His: 2018 V60 T5 Dynamic / Passion Red / Vision & Tech Pkgs
      Son's: 2005 S40 T5 / Passion Red / Dynamic Sport / IPD Stuff (He will never part with)
      Son's: 2018 V60CC / Denim Blue / Vision Pkg
      In the past: 2016 XC90RD / 2015 S60RD / 2012 S60 T5 - Loved them all!

Lowes run. Easy breezy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Went on a ferry ride:

2016 XC90 T6 Inscription (OSD March 2016) Electric Silver/Charcoal, Matte Tech Black 234 Wheels, Convenience, Vision, Polestar, Intellisafe Upgrade (PA2)
      2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
      1999 Acura NSX Alex Zanardi Edition 32/50

Fitted the mudflaps i bought from amazon ! Cheapo me :-)

Drove six hours to Palm Springs and back to see my nephew, his husband, and baby, along with my parents and sister! Great and often beautiful drive, except for some heavy traffic and a backcountry highway cut down to one lane because of storm damage. Love my B&W stereo on long drives. I should have taken some pictures-- I didn't know there was going to be a quiz.
      Last edited by badcyclist; 03-04-2017 at 10:30 PM.
      2017 T5 Momentum+, Osmium Gray, Amber Leather, B&W, Vision.
      2005 Tacoma S5 4x4, Silver, 130K miles strong.

Grabbed a Cheesesteak @ Tony Luke's in Philly.

Not much just waiting grey lady to juiced up.

Gave it a good hand wash yesterday as the weather was perfect just to wake up this morning and see that wind we had in the afternoon and the rain that came during the night, turned it back into what it was before the wash

Quote Originally Posted by Leafable View Post

Not much just waiting grey lady to juiced up.

Beware not to scratch the paint with the charging cable!

I was about to say that! I route it under the front air dam pinned under the tires. Keep it away from the paint!

Quote Originally Posted by NorskT8 View Post
      The Daily: 2017 Volvo XC90 T8; R-Design, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, 22" 5-Double Spoke Wheels, Vision, Climate, HUD, Convenience, B&W, Air Suspension, integrated booster, OE Volvo Load Bars, StealthHitch

Since it is 15 outside I did a rinse less wash in the garage and then a trip on the Port Jefferson Ferry to Long Island.

Quote Originally Posted by NorskT8 View Post

Thanks for the concern. She's got a layer of Xpel film on the whole front. She will be ok.

Totaled it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kragerud View Post
      Totaled it.

And you expect to get away with leaving it at that? Unless you sent that from your hospital bed, of course. But even then, if you can type on your phone then you will have to tell us all a story....

Quote Originally Posted by badcyclist View Post
      And you expect to get away with leaving it at that? Unless you sent that from your hospital bed, of course. But even then, if you can type on your phone then you will have to tell us all a story....
      Totaled by math, not damage.

Two weeks ago, A guy missed his turn, hit the brakes and I clipped his right rear corner. Farmers, my insurance, estimated 7k in body damage and $4k for a new computer (after the Volvo dealer priced a new computer) airbags did not deploy. Because the amount of repair was within $2k of the fair market value, farmers declared the vehicle totaled. So anyone with a passion red 08, v8 sport, your vehicle is just a little bit rarer.

No one got hurt, that's the important thing.

Two weeks ago, A guy missed his turn, hit the brakes and I clipped his right rear corner. Farmers, my insurance, estimated 7k in body damage and $4k for a new computer (after the Volvo dealer priced a new computer) airbags did not deploy. Because the amount of repair was within $2k of the fair market value, farmers declared the vehicle totaled. So anyone with a passion red 08, v8 sport, your vehicle is just a little bit rarer.

You posted in the wrong forum. This is for 2016 and up XC90's.

Right or wrong forum, I am happy that you and everyone else involved are all OK. And as I have said a couple of times, any time your car is in a serious accident, it SHOULD be considered totaled. You can usually buy your totaled car back from the insurance company for a song if you are a handy mechanic (I most certainly am not) and think you can bring it back from the dead. But usually better in these cases to wave goodbye and start looking for another car.

Quote Originally Posted by OURDESIGN View Post
      All good! I was contemplating adding "SPA 2016+" in front of XC90 for clarity. I guess I should have. Maybe @[email protected] or another Mod can add it?

Sorry about that. How do I delete via tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OURDESIGN View Post
      Sure but I'll give you one guess why he was looking in this 2016+ sub forum now that his older XC90 is declared totaled.
      ---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

When I first read your story I was thinking...shouldn't Volvos many safety features have applied the brakes on its own in that situation? But when you said yours was an 08 then I understood.
      06 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro | JHM tuned |
      17 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Vision | Climate | Convenience | 4C Air Suspension |

Well, today I got my T8 Inscription. Drove it straight to OptiPro coating.

So, what did I do to day... I took delivery!

Thomas
      XC90 2017 T8, Magic Blue, Amber leather, All options except the $11,000 B&W audio.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHej View Post
      Well, today I got my T8 Inscription. Drove it straight to OptiPro coating.

So, what did I do to day... I took delivery!

Thomas
      Another delivery! Tell us more!

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHej
      ... I took delivery!
      Congrats!! Pics or it didn't happen
      Last edited by T8Rtot; 03-06-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by T8Rtot View Post
      Maybe @[email protected] or another Mod can add it?
      Thanks, Mod, for adding it to the thread title!

Added some Polestar power
      Tot 421hp and 680nm.

Proud 2018 S60 Polestar owner, 383/1500.

My XC90 went on a piggy back ride.
      2018 XC60 T8 R-Design / Osmium Grey Metallic / Convenience / Vision / Advanced / Bowers and Wilkins / 4-Corner Air / Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel
      Decommissioned at 57k miles - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription / Osmium Grey Metallic / 21" 8-Spoke Diamond Cut Wheels / Charcoal Ventilated Perforated Leather / Charcoal Headliner / Climate / Convenience / Vision / CarPlay / Protection Plus / Polestar+
      Traded In at 161k miles - 2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design AWD / Cosmic White / Off Black Leather w/ Beige / Polestar / Fully Loaded

@T8Rtot

Can I claim credit for all the pictires I tool pre-delivery (If I at the same time promise to post ASAP from the delivery post opticoat?)

Pictures of pre-delivery:

First, right off the truck. Still in the waiting area at the dealer with factory protection (white) at the entrance and handle. The light blue thing at the door is a "protective foam bumper" that allows you to open the door without any damage to the next car. (Maybe I should leave that on :-)

Next up, a view into the cabin - everything in plastic...

View of the back seats:

The hood in its protective cover:

Car being retrofitted (This is needed due to tax reasons in Denmark - see other thread) - up on the lift...

From another angle. Notice that the wheel and inner protection has been removed. This is to retrofit new wires to front sensors. (sic)
      Notice, just behind the wheel should be, you can see the washer fluid tank. Looking up from there, you realize that its hard to find a cubic inch of air - everything is PACKED with stuff...

The front right tire has also been removed...
      Just behind of where the wheel is mounted you see the fuel feed heater (EURmodel). One should think it would be "in the engine room"... Guess there was no room up there...

A look into the cabin. Notice that the end-panel near the door has been removed and also the bottom of the center console (below the crystal). You can vaguely see a wire bunch routed in there...
      Near the feet is a nice matching piece of cardboard... Maybe I should keep that :-)

A final picture from below (never going to see such a clean bottom again...), the large silver part in the front of the picture is the electric motor... Also notice the air suspension...

Hoped you enjoyed the pictures.

Thomas
      XC90 2017 T8, Magic Blue, Amber leather, All options except the $11,000 B&W audio.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasHej View Post
      Hoped you enjoyed the pictures.

Thomas
      Enjoyed it - thank you!
      2016 XC90 Inscription Osmium Grey on Charcoal
      B/W CarPlay Convenience Climate Vision 21"

Let my wife drive it for the rest of the week. Miss driving it already!

Left it in the garage and drove the Mercedes. The reliable vehicle.

Set out to show my wife how well the navigation system worked so she would start to use it. Downloaded the destination to the car via the VOC app - scored some points there. Then let it navigate to the destination where it only missed by one block and left us at a dead end where we could see the location - just couldn't get there from here. My wife took over with her iPhone and got us the rest of the way. Not thinking she'll give me a second chance to make a good first impression!

Quote Originally Posted by Texascom View Post
      Added some Polestar power
      I gotta get this done!

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast View Post
      Left it in the garage and drove the Mercedes. The reliable vehicle.
      The problem child?

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast