What did you do TO or IN your SPA 2016+ XC90 today? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      Actually last month but received our "Made in Sweden" jet tags, "with love" from Thom who lives in the Netherlands. Added as key tags.

Edit: Can be found at www.turbolence.nl/ Advertised here on Swedespeed.

Last edited by Ride S40T; 03-12-2017 at 06:13 PM.
      Hers: 2013 C30 T5 / Polestar Limited Edition / 6M / #147 of 250 / Rebel Blue
      His: 2018 V60 T5 Dynamic / Passion Red / Vision & Tech Pkgs
      Son's: 2005 S40 T5 / Passion Red / Dynamic Sport / IPD Stuff (He will never part with)
      Son's: 2018 V60CC / Denim Blue / Vision Pkg
      In the past: 2016 XC90RD / 2015 S60RD / 2012 S60 T5 - Loved them all!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

finally got around to installing the iPad RSE on the car, waiting to get the car back
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

lol just found out - you can buy these to swap out the tailpipes for non Diesel cars.

http://steingoldvolvo.ecrater.com/p/...integrated-end
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by eyeloveteeth View Post
      lol just found out - you can buy these to swap out the tailpipes for non Diesel cars.

That's for an S90. I don't see those listed under XC90.

Have you confirmed that these will actually fit on the XC90? That would be pretty cool if they do.
      Last edited by XC90TODD; 03-13-2017 at 04:16 PM.
      2016 XC90 T6 Inscription (OSD March 2016) Electric Silver/Charcoal, Matte Tech Black 234 Wheels, Convenience, Vision, Polestar, Intellisafe Upgrade (PA2)
      2018 Ford F-150 Raptor
      1999 Acura NSX Alex Zanardi Edition 32/50

And $40 for one Excellence-spec cigarette lighter!

P.S. for S90 only, not really missing out on those tailpipes after all

Quote Originally Posted by XC90TODD View Post
      Have you confirmed that these will actually fit on the XC90? That would be pretty cool if they do.
      Looking at side by side pics doesn't look like will fit.

I find these look even better! But angles might not match

Last edited by Brutus99; 03-13-2017 at 05:55 PM.
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter | Picked up June 4/2020 |
      2016 XC90 T8 Lease Return
      My Insta

i dunno, the Dealership claims they think it will. I'm almost tempted to tell them go for it just to see it fail ....but honestly that is such an ugly looking exhaust tip for a non performance vehicle....lol

LOL on the excellence cigarette lighter

i dunno, the Dealership claims they think it will. I'm almost tempted to tell them go for it just to see it fail ....but honestly that is such an ugly looking exhaust tip for a non performance vehicle....lol
      Are you referring to the S90 or XC60 tip as "ugly" lol
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter | Picked up June 4/2020 |
      My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      Are you referring to the S90 or XC60 tip as "ugly" lol
      i'm referring to the optional "quad look" tips as ugly. The current exhaust on both S90 and XC90 look great and clean.

i'm referring to the optional "quad look" tips as ugly. The current exhaust on both S90 and XC90 look great and clean.
      I agree but if you want a "more sporty look" most go for the quad tips but there's so many diff. designs, ovals, round, square, etc. I guess I wouldn't mind something "different" from everyone else lol The Heico looks great too but not going to be modifying the bumper for it!

My Insta

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus99 View Post
      I agree but if you want a "more sporty look" most go for the quad tips but there's so many diff. designs, ovals, round, square, etc. I guess I wouldn't mind something "different" from everyone else lol The Heico looks great too but not going to be modifying the bumper for it!
      100% - and it'll sound great too, but good luck on getting the alignment on them (coming from past experience owning Heico exhaust on XC60)

The heico exhaust really is well made - i'd buy the DP or even the undercarriage replacements if it didn't actually also require cutting into the stock pipe. Totally not PnP

Quote Originally Posted by Another Volvo View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast View Post
      Left it in the garage and drove the Mercedes. The reliable vehicle.
      The problem child?
      Mercedes in shop 2 times in 4 years

XC90 in shop 3 times, about to go in for number 4, in 9 months.

Enough said.

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Coast View Post
      Mercedes in shop 2 times in 4 years

XC90 in shop 3 times, about to go in for number 4, in 9 months.

Enough said.
      there's a reason we have more mileage on the XC90 over the GLS550 and we got the GLS first

Installed mud flaps a couple days ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2016 XC90 R-design T6 | Osmium Grey, Vision, Convenience, Climate + HUD, Air Suspension, B/W, 22"s | DMV (District, Maryland, Virginia)

Finally pried mine away from the wife! Yay, back in the HOV lane!
      The Daily: 2017 Volvo XC90 T8; R-Design, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, 22" 5-Double Spoke Wheels, Vision, Climate, HUD, Convenience, B&W, Air Suspension, integrated booster, OE Volvo Load Bars, StealthHitch
      The Others: 2010 VW Passat Variant, 1993 VW Corrado SLC, 1992 VW GTI 2.0l 16V
      RIP: 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 - killed by a drunk driver

Quote Originally Posted by T8Rtot View Post
      Finally pried mine away from the wife! Yay, back in the HOV lane!
      Sounds like you need to get a second T8 so you can both have one!
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleorchid View Post
      Sounds like you need to get a second T8 so you can both have one!
      Haha, I'm liking the new V90! Love wagons. Maybe if the T8 V90 will qualify at some point for CA HOV access...
      The Daily: 2017 Volvo XC90 T8; R-Design, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, 22" 5-Double Spoke Wheels, Vision, Climate, HUD, Convenience, B&W, Air Suspension, integrated booster, OE Volvo Load Bars, StealthHitch

does anyone know if you get the Urban Styling kit if the kick access for liftgate is removed? dealership says no, but i don't see how

Didn't do anything TO it, but spent a good while yesterday editing a whole lot of tags on lots of FLAC files and setting them up on a 32Gb USB for music. I have to say that although the sound quality is not awful via Bluetooth, the biggest difference reading USB FLAC files compared to Bluetooth/USB from the iphone is volume. I was always a little surprised that the volume of the B&W system was so low. Not that it's quiet, but when listening to my favourite pieces (alone) the volume control had to go way up. Like right to the top, which is loud but not ridiculously so. With FLAC files through the USB that same thumping volume is only a little over half-way.

It's good to get things a bit organised, and particularly to shorten the length of track names (particularly classical) so that they fit on screen.

Now all I need to do is go buy a bigger USB drive. Thinking 128Gb rather than 64...

Quote Originally Posted by T8Rtot View Post
      Haha, I'm liking the new V90! Love wagons. Maybe if the T8 V90 will qualify at some point for CA HOV access...
      Me too! I'm a wagon person first and if the V90 existed last summer, I would have bought a V90 (non-CC) instead of the XC90. The V90 is gorgeous!
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

does anyone know if you get the Urban Styling kit if the kick access for liftgate is removed? dealership says no, but i don't see how
      If the urban styling kit has a skid plate/diffuser, then during install, the foot sensor gets moved toward the driver side wheel instead of the default "central" location under the L of the Volvo letters. Page 230 of the 2016 XC90 manual (pdf version).

Quote Originally Posted by tillsbury View Post
      Didn't do anything TO it, but spent a good while yesterday editing a whole lot of tags on lots of FLAC files and setting them up on a 32Gb USB for music.
      Let me know if your m3u files work! Mine only work halfway (some m3u files have all songs of an album, some have only some of the songs and some m3us don't even show up).

Having a bath. I will never sick of this post. Gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Added mud guards tonight. Will post some pictures of it in the near future. After driving around for a few weeks, I realized these are a must-have accessory.

2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription | Convenience | Vision | Polestar
      Previous Volvos: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 | 2005 Volvo V70 D5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Current: 2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription | Convenience | Vision | Polestar
      Previous Volvos: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 | 2005 Volvo V70 D5

By the time we picked up our OSD XC90 in mid Dec 2017, Sweden had already gone through a few snow storms. Thus, the road sand along with some cold, wet weather took a toll on our XC90 during our week of driving. When we dropped the car off, it was a mess. Then it began a three month journey to Hawaii with numerous stops in various port and shipyards baking under the hot sun awaiting the next vessel. When we finally picked up the XC90 earlier this week, it clearly had all the signs of a tired, well worn traveller that had lost its showroom lustre. The paint was rough to the touch and you could not see the surface of the inside of the wheels due to the caked-on dirt and grime. Nevertheless, it was home and could finally receive the care that it desperately needed. I spend the last two days (full 9 hour days), cleaning and detailing the XC90 to the best of my amateur abilities. I thoroughly washed the car and then "clayed" the entire car, including the wheels (inside and outside), to remove the "grit". Then I applied a sealant as well as cleaned and polished the trim and wheels. During the next few days, I'll tackle the interior. I also may apply Carnuba over the sealant...any advice on that approach??? Bottom line...I feel so good that the XC90 is home (and now clean) and I can give it the attention it deserves, not to mention driving it too! Here's the result so far...

Last edited by maxchi; 03-27-2017 at 03:13 AM.
      Dec 2016 OSD: 2017 XC90 T6 Inscription | Magic Blue | Amber | Vision | Conv | B&W | 21" Wheels | HUD | Polestar
      Was Apr, now Sept 2020 OSD (pending): 2020 XC40 T5 Momentum | Ice White | Charcoal Textile | Advanced | Multimedia | Premium

Quote Originally Posted by maxchi View Post
      By the time we picked up our OSD XC90 in mid Dec 2017, Sweden had already gone through a few snow storms. Thus, the road sand along with some cold, wet weather took a toll on our XC90 during our week of driving. When we dropped the car off, it was a mess. Then it began a three month journey to Hawaii with numerous stops in various port and shipyards baking under the hot sun awaiting the next vessel. When we finally picked up the XC90 earlier this week, it clearly had all the signs of a tired, well worn traveller that had lost its showroom lustre. The paint was rough to the touch and you could not see the surface of the inside of the wheels due to the caked-on dirt and grime. Nevertheless, it was home and could finally receive the care that it desperately needed. I spend the last two days (full 9 hour days), cleaning and detailing the XC90 to the best of my amateur abilities. I thoroughly washed the car and then "clayed" the entire car, including the wheels (inside and outside), to remove the "grit".
      Congrats! Looks great! Would love to see some of the DIRTY pics! Just because.

was in Germany the past week...saw a TON of XC90s.... i want the Euro version without the Amber lights now

Got some free energy! Love it when I can get 18miles of driving for free!

Dropped it off for a 5 day paint correction, detail and application of 3 layers of 22ple VX pro glass coating. Really excited to see how it looks when I pick it up on Thursday.

Then had to get some good old dinosaur juice and parked next to an M5; and not the BMW type! I believe it's an M5A1 tank.

At the same gas station the owner also has one of my dream trucks: a Unimog! (Among a bunch of other bad-a$$ machines)

Drove ten hours from Northern California to Southern California, on the return leg of our Easter vacation. Great trip! The turtle light came on for five seconds once on a surface street, went off, and never came back again, thank god. Stuck in weekend SF and LA traffic jams (caused by two different accidents and hundreds of looky-loos) for more than an hour, and we survived with smiles, mostly because of the great seats and the fantastic stereo. The car is filthy, so guess what I am doing tomorrow..... that's right, trying to convince my wife to wash the car. (No, not really).
      2017 T5 Momentum+, Osmium Gray, Amber Leather, B&W, Vision.
      2005 Tacoma S5 4x4, Silver, 130K miles strong.

Can anyone advise whether the R-Design T6 is "with" or "without" the body kit for the mudflaps?
      2016 XC90 T6 R-Design in Bursting Blue w/ only option I cared about: B&W stereo

Towed my first piece of heavy equipment a Lawn Tiller

Well, I acquired one - and then drove it a bunch.

Initial impressions? Pretty awesome. I'll post more later, but until then perhaps I can stump you guys with this configuration:

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast