What did you do TO or IN your SPA 2016+ XC90 today? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by htx View Post
      Well, I acquired one - and then drove it a bunch.

Initial impressions? Pretty awesome. I'll post more later, but until then perhaps I can stump you guys with this configuration:

Congrats!

2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription | Convenience | Vision | Polestar
      Previous Volvos: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 | 2005 Volvo V70 D5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      Current: 2017 Volvo XC90 Inscription | Convenience | Vision | Polestar
      Previous Volvos: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 | 2005 Volvo V70 D5

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Got my windows tinted, clear bra on the front bumper, and decided to cover the amber to see how it would look..still 50/50 about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 Audi A4 2.0T Quattro | JHM tuned |
      17 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Vision | Climate | Convenience | 4C Air Suspension |

Damn I wish we could get front side windows tinted here in Germany, sadly it is one of the things that the cops won't let you get away with

Gave mine the first wash 1600kms after getting it coated with 3 layers of 22ple. Incredible how easy it is to clean and the beading is nuts!

https://youtu.be/y5abtthe9O0

Would post pictures but it just won't work straight to swedespeed... might move some over to Flickr and share a link if I can remember my password

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

As editing the post from my phone doesn't seem to work either (is it me?) I'll just add another post... pics:

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by obermuh View Post
      As editing the post from my phone doesn't seem to work either (is it me?) I'll just add another post... pics:

https://flickr.com/photos/[email protected]
      I think the entire mobile site is broken. I can't navigate to another page without the tab crashing! I just go on the desktop version from my phone and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by rrealm20 View Post
      and decided to cover the amber to see how it would look..still 50/50 about it
      Hmmm interesting. So you just tinted the amber light correct?
      2015 F150 LARIAT Sport 3.5L EcoBoost - Fully Loaded
      2020 XC90 T8 R-Design | Crystal White | Prem & Prem Plus | B&W | Air Suspension | 22" Wheels | Polestar | Splash Guards | OEM Rubber Mats | Bumper Cover | Front Tint 23% | DashCam | 20" R-Design Wheels w/ Blizzak DMV2 Winter | Picked up June 4/2020 |
      2016 XC90 T8 Lease Return
      My Insta

yeah you cut a shape and put it over. Looks great - but i LOVE the fully clear look. When i was in Germany i saw it everywhere. It's so silly that the amber in US is based off of an antiquated rule.

Just like matrix laser headlights are not allowed....
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

Quote Originally Posted by rrealm20 View Post
      decided to cover the amber to see how it would look..still 50/50 about it

It looks like your Volvo put on some winged eyeliner!
      Last edited by ThatCerealBox; 04-12-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I just noticed most of you have flared out wheel arches (the trim part). Mine are flush with the body. I wonder if that is a T6 thing or a Inscription option...
      ---------------------------------------------
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

I know that it is part of the RDesign package, so im guessing trim level is more important than engine choice.

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post
      I just noticed most of you have flared out wheel arches (the trim part). Mine are flush with the body. I wonder if that is a T6 thing or a Inscription option...
      It's required and comes with vehicles equipped with 275 tires.

http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-491436/2016

2018 XC60 T8 R-Design / Osmium Grey Metallic / Convenience / Vision / Advanced / Bowers and Wilkins / 4-Corner Air / Heated Front Seats and Steering Wheel
      Decommissioned at 57k miles - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription / Osmium Grey Metallic / 21" 8-Spoke Diamond Cut Wheels / Charcoal Ventilated Perforated Leather / Charcoal Headliner / Climate / Convenience / Vision / CarPlay / Protection Plus / Polestar+
      Traded In at 161k miles - 2011.5 XC60 T6 R-Design AWD / Cosmic White / Off Black Leather w/ Beige / Polestar / Fully Loaded

Thanks for the link and info. I did buy 20" rims from the dealer for summer and he never mentioned this. Best I find online is 180$ US, ouch, at least they come painted...

As to not do detract the thread let me add what I did to my XC90 beside installing Invisihitch. This week I buffed it with a compound and installed CQuarts UK everywhere including my summer rims. I didn't swap my rims yet which is why I didn't take any pics.
      Last edited by PhatboyC; 04-13-2017 at 07:25 AM.
      2017 XC90 T5 Momentum Plus, Vision, Convenience, Climate, 7 Amber Seats, 20's, Invisihitch, Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by PhatboyC View Post
      Thanks for the link and info. I did buy 20" rims from the dealer for summer and he never mentioned this. Best I find online is 180$ US, ouch, at least they come painted...

As to not do detract the thread let me add what I did to my XC90 beside installing Invisihitch. This week I buffed it with a compound and installed CQuarts UK everywhere including my summer rims. I didn't swap my rims yet which is why I didn't take any pics.
      Wait, you found the fender flare painted? Where? I just tried to get it replaced at Volvo Don Beyer and they convinced me they could clean up some blemishes with Clear touch up. Obviously that didn't work.
      just some cars...but for this forum:
      2016 Onyx Black Metallic XC90 T6 Inscription w/Amber
      Convenience, Vision, B&W, 4C Air, Climate, Center Booster, Protection Package
      Added: P*, PAII, Mudguards, Roof Rack, Volvo Designer Edition Roof Box, Cargo liner, iPad RSE

I'm just going to what Volvo says in the link. "...the new fender extension is painted the same colour as the car..."

They have different part number per color for the trim.

We picked up my wife's 2017 R-Design T6 today. Drove it straight to a detailer to get Opti-coat Pro+, Xpel, and Opti-guard leather put on. I'll post pictures when we get it back on Monday

Newly xpel/opti-coated 2017 T8!

Please ELI5 - what is Opti Coat? Is it like a nano or ceramic treatment to the finish?

2018 XC 60 T8

Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
      Please ELI5 - what is Opti Coat? Is it like a nano or ceramic treatment to the finish?
      That's my understanding, but the more hardcore enthusiasts on here could probably answer with more detail - this is my first "respectable" car. http://opticoat.com/page/opti-coat-pro-plus

Though to be fair, it does seem to make a difference.

Took the T8r to Disneyland, got choice/ground floor parking (hate dealing with the elevators), cheap plug-in time ($3 for 10+hrs plugged in) and an edge spot! Luckily, the cord was just long enough! Don't normally spend more than a few hours here at a time. Today was a special day here, my two youngests turned 3, so we stayed for the Main Street Electrical Parade!

The Daily: 2017 Volvo XC90 T8; R-Design, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, 22" 5-Double Spoke Wheels, Vision, Climate, HUD, Convenience, B&W, Air Suspension, integrated booster, OE Volvo Load Bars, StealthHitch
      The Others: 2010 VW Passat Variant, 1993 VW Corrado SLC, 1992 VW GTI 2.0l 16V
      RIP: 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 - killed by a drunk driver

Last edited by GeoJoe; 04-23-2017 at 08:02 AM.

Installed Roadmap Update 1182 and prepping for upcoming road trip such as appointment for remote start, 22" 6-spoke summers, maybe Polestar Optimization and Sensus update if available by then.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

Quote Originally Posted by Gary-16-Xc90 View Post
      ...and prepping for upcoming road trip such as appointment for remote start...
      This warrants its own thread if they make an aftermarket solution work. Let us know.

Installed the map update without any issues, thanks to the sticky in this forum and our fellow SS'rs. Later today will be soccer games. Hopefully it will dry out so I can give the XC90 its first wash later this week.

Why are you selling? To upgrade to a new one or going another direction?

[QUOTE=GeoJoe;5288321]Put mine up for sale!

[url]https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?438473
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus-Osmium Gray/Amber (OSD-June 2017): Climate |Convenience| Vision| Polestar| 20" Wheel Package| Lighted Running Boards
      2017 GMC Yukon XL-Champagne: Adaptive Cruise, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot, Cross Traffic Alert, Blu-Ray DVD, 20" Aluminum Wheels, (DW's car)

[QUOTE=htx;5243961]Newly xpel/opti

Looks really good! what is the shop that did the Opticoat? Elite Auto Salon? I'm up in Denver and I'm looking at Colorado Auto Spa to do the job. How much did he charge you for doing this? I would travel to the Springs if the price is right...
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus-Osmium Gray/Amber (OSD-June 2017): Climate |Convenience| Vision| Polestar| 20" Wheel Package| Lighted Running Boards
      2017 GMC Yukon XL-Champagne: Adaptive Cruise, Lane Keep Assist, Blind Spot, Cross Traffic Alert, Blu-Ray DVD, 20" Aluminum Wheels, (DW's car)

What did you do TO or IN your SPA 2016+ XC90 today?

John Gray does great work. Had my XC90 T6 Inscription Opti-coated along with an X-pel clear bra done at his place as well. Great choice!

2016 XC90 T6 INSCRIPTION, Osmium Grey/Amber, 21" Diamond Cut, linear walnut, convenience and vision packages, active high beam, B/W, air suspension, center booster, HUD, charcoal headliner, CarPlay, and POLESTAR.
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Savile Grey/Maroon Brown, 21" 5 Spoke Black Alloy wheels, Luxury Package, Advanced Package, B/W, air suspension, and POLESTAR.

[QUOTE=LRobXC90;5292641]
      Newly xpel/opti

Looks really good! what is the shop that did the Opticoat? Elite Auto Salon? I'm up in Denver and I'm looking at Colorado Auto Spa to do the job. How much did he charge you for doing this? I would travel to the Springs if the price is right...
      I traveled to the Springs because Bob Penkhus (Ben Gallentine) made the price right on a custom-ordered T8 Inscription via the Costco auto program - unfortunately I did the Xpel/Opti back in TX. But you could always give Ben a call to see if he has a local suggestion: 719.505.3965

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by CB222 View Post
      John Gray does great work. Had my XC90 T6 Inscription Opti-coated along with an X-pel clear bra done at his place as well. Great choice!
      Nice. Yeah, he seemed like a great guy, and I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. EDIT: is that yours on his website? http://www.gcautoshield.com/volvo/ ?
      Last edited by htx; 04-24-2017 at 11:14 PM.

[QUOTE=htx;5296201]
      Quote Originally Posted by LRobXC90 View Post

I traveled to the Springs because Bob Penkhus (Ben Gallentine) made the price right on a custom-ordered T8 Inscription via the Costco auto program - unfortunately I did the Xpel/Opti back in TX. But you could always give Ben a call to see if he has a local suggestion: 719.505.3965

Good luck!

Nice. Yeah, he seemed like a great guy, and I was pretty pleased with how it turned out. EDIT: is that yours on his website? http://www.gcautoshield.com/volvo/ ?
      No. Same exterior color but I don't have running boards installed. This is mine on roadtrips to Highway 1 and Marfa:

Last edited by CB222; 04-25-2017 at 11:50 PM.
      2016 XC90 T6 INSCRIPTION, Osmium Grey/Amber, 21" Diamond Cut, linear walnut, convenience and vision packages, active high beam, B/W, air suspension, center booster, HUD, charcoal headliner, CarPlay, and POLESTAR.
      2019 XC90 T6 Inscription, Savile Grey/Maroon Brown, 21" 5 Spoke Black Alloy wheels, Luxury Package, Advanced Package, B/W, air suspension, and POLESTAR.

That's awesome!

Nice muddy pics!

While my "adventure" is not nearly as exciting, on Saturday, I brought home 10 pieces of pressure treated 2x4s (8' long). They fit perfectly down the center of the car. FYI - In a T6, you can fit two pieces of 2x4 side by side on top of the center console and 8' lengths fit perfectly fore/aft. There is just enough room to use the gear shifter. You just have to be careful your lumber load does not shift forward and accidentally knock your shifter (did not happen to me, but I saw it as a risk).

Then on Sunday, we went to Ikea and fit a 40" vanity cabinet, countertop, sink and some other stuff in the back without having to impinge into second row space.

In previous runs, we found you can fit 4'x32" pieces of plywood in the back as well (one 4'x8' piece of plywood cut into three equal pieces) without needing to drop the second row and those fit perfectly fore/aft.

Thumbs up for cargo usability!
      2016 XC90 T6 Momentum+ | Vision Package | Polestar | Crystal White Metallic/Charcoal interior (light beige headliner) - first Volvo and loving it!
      3M Driver/Passenger tint, clear paint protection film (full hood + front), Weather Tech mats (all 3 rows), OEM: 3 piece cargo tray, tow hitch, rear bumper strip, mud flaps, low profile roof rack

[QUOTE=htx;5296201]
      Quote Originally Posted by LRobXC90 View Post

Good luck!

Thanks for the tip. I will give him a call. Your looks so good it makes me want to travel to TX. Wow!

Well, I acquired one - and then drove it a bunch.

Initial impressions? Pretty awesome. I'll post more later, but until then perhaps I can stump you guys with this configuration:

I got my XC90 from Bob Penkus as well, Ft. Carson , Army strong!

I had some CQuartz UK left so I decided to test it inside the car. I did the wood trim on the doors/dash so my kids don't scratch it. Metal trim door/dash for fun. The best was the black piano trim around the Sensus screen, steering buttons and around start switch.

Around the Sensus screen was the best improvement. It removed the small spiderwebs I could see in the plastic since new when the sun hits it. All gone now. I also did the screen itself. This is the only one to be careful for as I had to rub allot more than usual with the microfiber to make it smooth again.

Dropped it off at the dealership for its first oil change service, the new Sensus update and PA2 upgrade, along with a couple recalls. They still have it and I get to try out a new V60 loaner. I have a soft spot for wagons! My VOC app now shows the remote start option but still no battery level. Hopefully it gets sorted when I pick it up tomorrow!
      The Daily: 2017 Volvo XC90 T8; R-Design, Crystal White Pearl Metallic, 22" 5-Double Spoke Wheels, Vision, Climate, HUD, Convenience, B&W, Air Suspension, integrated booster, OE Volvo Load Bars, StealthHitch
      The Others: 2010 VW Passat Variant, 1993 VW Corrado SLC, 1992 VW GTI 2.0l 16V
      RIP: 2014 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 - killed by a drunk driver

This week, I picked up my car from service with new Sensus update, remote start for T8 (US), 22" 6-spoke summer wheels and tires, and 3M Crystalline tint (50%) all around (except windshield and sunroof). A couple of TJ's, including front suspension, were done.

Life is good; car is a charm - almost 16 months and 14000 miles. My total (premium/93 oct.) fuel bill was $1055 (394 gal.) and total electric bill was $300. All of this includes towing a uHaul trailer for 8 hours.
      Last edited by Gary-16-Xc90; 05-12-2017 at 06:35 AM.
      2016 XC90 T8 Inscription | US 10/2015 Build| Crystal White | Blonde | Blonde | B&W | Air | HUD | Convenience Vision Climate | PAII + Mitigation Upgrades | Xpel + Gtechniq Ceramic | 3M Crystalline 50% Tint, 97% UV Rejection, 60% Solar Heat Rejection | 20" A/S & 22" Summer | Tow | Last TSU installed 02 Jul. 2020 | 46K miles | MPG 31.8 Lifetime including transcontinental trips, regional trips and towing

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast