2017 S60 Inscription Ski rack
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

2017 S60 Inscription Ski rack

Hello All. I am desperately trying to find load bars and ski attachments for a new S60 inscription. Volvo doesn't offer them for the extended model. Has anyone found a solution to this? thanks in advance for all the answers.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Try look over here, maybe it helps.

Junior Member Idontlikemakingnames's Avatar
      Check tasca for parts they have good prices.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I don't understand why Thule's traverse feet for their square and aero crossbars are listed to fit the S60, but not the Inscription.

https://www.thule.com/en-us/us/roof-rack?q=5mtyv3Zuv

These grip around the door frame. It's worth your time to visit a rack shop or REI to check it out for yourself.
      2016 S60 Inscription Platinum FWD — Crystal White & Beechwood w/ 19" Portia wheels

I also found out after taking delivery that the load bars from my old S60 don't fit on the Inscription, it's missing the mounting holes in the door frame. I guess the Chinese do not like to ski, kayak, canoe, etc. It's a weird omission.

P.S. - my load bars are listed in the Classified section. Getting ready to move out of state so if anyone with a "standard" S60 wants them I'm what you call a "motivated" seller.

http://337841-Load-carrier-and-canoe...r-for-2012-S60
      Last edited by Northeast; 03-09-2017 at 09:34 AM.
      2007 C70 T5 Magic Blue
      Previous:
      2016 S60I, 2013 S60, 2003 XC70, 2002 V70, 1998 S70

That is odd, but on the other hand, the Thule doesn't require any mounting holes.

Here's a video of the installation. It's not on a Volvo, the the process is the same, and you can see that it just grips underneath the door frame.

2016 S60 Inscription Platinum FWD — Crystal White & Beechwood w/ 19" Portia wheels

S60 Inscription Ski rack

Quote Originally Posted by volvopapi View Post
      Hello All. I am desperately trying to find load bars and ski attachments for a new S60 inscription. Volvo doesn't offer them for the extended model. Has anyone found a solution to this? thanks in advance for all the answers.
      Did you ever find a rack for the Inscription? I'm having the same issue. I tried to adapt the Thule bracket for the S60 but it does not work. Any ideas?

Awaiting Approval TexasVolvoGuy's Avatar

Question 2018 S60 Inscription roof rack impossible?

I am also finding out that my new 2018 S60 Inscription cannot support the Volvo roof racks. Has anyone ever found and used a roof rack on the S60 Inscription?

Looking for roof rack on 2017 inscription

Just got a 2017....did anyone ever find a roof rack that works? Frustrated!!

Roof rack for 2017 inscription S60?

Did anyone ever find a roof rack that fits the inscription S60? Frustrated!!

Quote Originally Posted by Forberger4 View Post
      Did anyone ever find a roof rack that fits the inscription S60? Frustrated!!
      It's not easy for accessory mfgs to keep up with every model year even when there's no change from one year to the next. If you search for a couple of years earlier vehicle, you'll find some options with Thule and Yakima Also, check with your dealer. The factory accessory rack for our V60 was less than half the price as the same parts from Thule.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

14. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements