SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Favorite/Worst Dealers

27K views 168 replies 121 participants last post by  Tango 
#1 ·
After reading some of the VCNA thread about replacing another user's 2016 for a 2018 at no cost and some of the comments about dealerships, I figured I might start a list of your experiences with dealers. This may help prospective buyers in your area get the best experience possible.

Format shall be:

Recommend/Avoid
City, State
Dealership Name
A few bullet points highlighting why they are great/terrible

#81 ·
Recommend Kline Volvo in Maplewood, MN (NE suburb or Minneapolis-St. Paul)

Live in New Mexico. Salesman at local dealer lazy, poorly informed. A son of ours lives in Minnesota. Wound up buying 2018 XC90 from Kline Volvo in Maplewood MN; salesman John Rogers. Overall an excellent auto buying experience...bettered only by purchase of a 1959 Studebaker from Angelo's in south Chicago...a long time ago!

Negotiated with Rogers via email and phone. Prompt delivery. No surprises when car delivered in Minnesota at dealership. I definitely recommend.

#84 ·
Only have experience with one Volvo dealer and that is Secor Volvo in New London. Sales people are great. We have bought 2 cars from Steve Plona and will continue to do so. He is super low pressure, will spend as much time with you as you need and will basically just lay out the facts and let you make a decision at your own pace. When we were looking at the xc90 we went in there about 6 months before hand and flat out told him we weren’t going to buy a car that day. He was totally fine with that and took us out in multiple cars to give us he best idea of what we wanted. We burned half his Saturday and it didn’t phase him.

There service department is hit or miss. Never had issues with the actual service but have had issues with getting issues resolved. The one real bad experience was with my wife’s s60. Her rear door lock was broken and wouldn’t lock. They diagnosed the problem but had to order the part. After a couple weeks of not hearing anything we finally called them to find out the part had been in for a week and a half, but they never told us. We parked her car at the house and she drove the third car for a couple weeks so it wasn’t the end of the world, but it was frustrating because if we didn’t have the third car it would have been a more serious inconvenience.

I think they have loaners, but I think it’s a rental car or something. Other than that very irritating service they are generally good.

#104 ·
Any body have a Service or sales experience at Park Place in Dallas Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Everything is snooty and aloof at Park Place, especially Sales. Sales is much more friendly and helpful at Autobahn in Fort Worth and always seems to have far better deals. Service is really good with great execution at Park Place. We will soon possibly buy two more at Autobahn and service at Park Place.

#90 ·
Any suggestions for best service in DFW area? I'm located (mostly) equally distant from all three and meh on the one I purchased from. Especially now that they just emailed me a cancellation for my service appointment Wednesday because of no loaner when they appeared to have loaners for Wednesday when I booked.

#91 ·
Volvo of Dallas

Sent from my obamaphone.

#98 ·
Riverhead Volvo - terrible service

Smithtown Volvo - slightly better. Won’t go back.

Huntington Volvo - great service department that actually has new Volvo loaner cars!

Why Volvo doesn’t demand that every dealer have a new loaner fleet is a mystery.

#118 ·
Riverhead Volvo - terrible service

Smithtown Volvo - slightly better. Won't go back.

Huntington Volvo - great service department that actually has new Volvo loaner cars!

Why Volvo doesn't demand that every dealer have a new loaner fleet is a mystery.

Have you tried Glen Cove?

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

#99 ·
I just had my 10k service and had my drivers seat upholstery replaced and my windshield replaced, both under warranty. Also had Polestar installed. My dealer is Bob Byers Seattle Volvo (Ravenna Volvo). Navid was great and they even gave me a 2018 XC60 for my loaner. Highly recommend.

#100 ·
In the Greater Toronto Area from my experience:

Volvo of Oakville - Sales: (OSD & Off Lot purchases) AMAZING, Service: Average but do have a loaner programing
Volvo of Mississauga - Sales: HORRENDOUS, Service: Nickel and Dime you for everything for services not required
Volvo Metro West (Robert Motors) - Sales: Wouldn't buy a car from them considering I live a 5 minute walk from the dealership, Service: Amazing including free loaners if scheduled
Volvo of Toronto - Sales: Guy brushed me off (as I look young) as to think that I wouldn't buy the car and walked out to buy from Mississauga instead, Service: ?
Volvo Villa - Sales: Neutral, Service: ??

These experiences are after owning 3 different vehicles, and soon to be a fourth, in 11 years.

#103 ·
I did OSD with Park Place and found both sales and service team to be excellent. Had a sensor knocked out of place on front bumper and they fixed promptly and got a loaded 2017 xc90 for loaner. Kinda wished I got the 4C air......

Texasbiggs

#105 ·
Courtesy Volvo
Scottsdale, AZ

The service department is top....5 stars for friendly, reliable people and seem dedicated to resolving issues/problems. Trust me I have experience at this service center. Loaners have all but twice been XC90s and the other two were a cross country and a loaded S90. So I can't complain too much about not having my vehicle, although mine is much more loaded. Anyway, good, prompt and aim to please. Not their fault my new Volvo XC90 has been there so many times.

#108 ·
Recently got a 2018 Xc60 and thought I'd put in a plug for my dealership and salesman. I went through Rusnak in Pasadena, CA. I've dealt with them for several years and have been happy with the service department. My sales experience there was quite pleasant, no pressure, no false promises. My salesman was Juan Castenada, who was terrific while patiently demoing the car and its features. If you're in the SoCal area, I recommend giving them a shot.

#109 ·
I find Dallas to be longing for good service from actual dealerships. The sales folks at Park Place and Crest/Volvo of Dallas are nice enough but service experiences at both have been horrible unless you are getting warranty work done. Darken the door of either with a pre-P2 car and it seam they would rather do anything but deal with you.

2004 S60R M66 Flash Green/Atacama
2004 V70R M66 Mystic Silver/Gobi
2004 V70 2.5T
1997 S90

#110 ·
Recommend
Denver, CO
McDonald Volvo

Drove cross country to visit our kids in Denver and decided to give them our old Highlander. We had test driven the XC90 and many others and pulled the trigger on the Volvo. Joe and everyone at McDonald went out of their way to help us find the trim and options we wanted. They were a delight to work with and I wish they weren't 1700 miles away, so we could use them for service.

#111 ·
Ray Price Volvo-Stroudsburg PA..
Great sales experience, Maria Mordente was awesome
Service is awesome. Highly trained techs. They were able to diagnose and repair my 06 S40 when 2 other dealer blew us off. *see next review

Dealer on RT 46 in N.J. forgot the name
Service: awful. Blew us off. Said we needed a new battery.

Paramus Volvo: This is the Corporate Dealer.
Service: awful. They said the newly installed battery needed charging. They blew us off also.

#119 ·
Serious lack of posts/info from Massachusetts Volvo owners.

I need help!!

128 Volvo in Wakefield has lost my business. Terrible service department that will absolutely trash your car inside and out. They give zero sh*ts and it shows.

Ruined my brand new headliner trying to replace the sunroof (which is broken again 3 months later) and when I asked them to fix the grease stains they said "not sure how"

I have a list of warranty issues that need addressing and am thinking about Volvo Village of Danvers.

MA Volvo owners - chime in!!

#120 ·
Serious lack of posts/info from Massachusetts Volvo owners.

I need help!!

128 Volvo in Wakefield has lost my business. Terrible service department that will absolutely trash your car inside and out. They give zero sh*ts and it shows.

Ruined my brand new headliner trying to replace the sunroof (which is broken again 3 months later) and when I asked them to fix the grease stains they said "not sure how"

I have a list of warranty issues that need addressing and am thinking about Volvo Village of Danvers.

MA Volvo owners - chime in!!
I go to Westborough. Will try the South Shore dealer next time.

Boston Volvo Village is horrible. Wouldn't recommend.

#122 ·
I have had good luck with the following Volvo dealers both at our New York and Florida homes:

Syracuse, NY - Alan Byer Volvo

Clearwater, Florida - Crown Volvo

#123 ·
In the PNW, having dealt with 3 of the 4 (Sandberg, Autonation Volvo Bellevue, and Volvo Cars Seattle), best and worst as follows:

Best Sales: Autonation Volvo Bellevue (very very professional)
Best Service: Sandberg or Volvo Seattle (very professional, and very competent)

Worst Sales: Sandberg (one of the slimiest dealerships I've dealt with, ever)
Worst Service: Autonation Volvo Bellevue (terrible little service area, mediocre customer service, non-Volvo loaner cars, never meet a deadline)

#125 ·
There's only one in my city, Volvo of Edmonton and I believe it's the best dealership I've been to.
Their sales are friendly, no pressure shopping, I'm on my third Volvo for a reason and I keep going back to the same sales person that sold me my first Volvo.
Their service department is awesome, they are friendly and helpful, only tells you what is needed, and no pressure into doing something that is not 100% necessary.
Their parts department is great to deal with, always there to help with finding the right parts for your vehicle and super knowledgeable at what they do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.