Quote Originally Posted by TomOldi View Post
      https://youtu.be/qip8y2LtzMc
      7:51:110 = Record for a road legal 4 door car, not bad at all
      Maybe road legal, but isnt a production unit

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Englishbloke View Post
      Maybe road legal, but isnt a production unit

Unit is a good question, sounds more like the I6, but that's difficult to say, from this short video.
      Different parts definitely, hood, wheels, side skirts

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Record??

A few 4 door cars were a lot faster, even production cars. For example giulia, Panamera and this list goes on and on... would have been better to post it one year ago ant not bragging about it one year later, when even front wheel Civics are faster...

The car looks absolutely stunning though.
      Last edited by Foxy; 05-25-2017 at 06:02 AM.
      - Volvo V60 Polestar -->at the track
      - Porsche Cayman R

Unit is a good question, sounds more like the I6, but that's difficult to say, from this short video.
      Different parts definitely, hood, wheels, side skirts
      Yep exactly what i thought! It doesn't sound like a 4pot, also appears to have a wider track as the body looks wider.
      I would be interested to know whats different over production

The question is where do you get those hood vents?

Quote Originally Posted by OscarII View Post
      The question is where do you get those hood vents?
      They only come with a blue hood 😉😂

Well this answers our question from a year ago about what this car was at the Ring.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Polestar Matte Gunpowder #50
      Past: 2008 Subaru Legacy GT
      Family: 1981 Volvo 240 Turbo / 2015.5 XC60 Ocean Race Edition

Photo Blog: http://p50gt.kinja.com/ Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p50gt/

I need those bonnet vents! VST did a mock-up on the previous style vents, but I like these better. Also those pics have me thinking about adding the décor stripe again.

Anyone noticed the roll cage from the media photos? I wonder if it adds rigidity or was just floating for safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Englishbloke View Post
      Any specs available?
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (SOLD), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6, 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 XC70 T6 Polestar Tuned || 2015.5 V60 P* #46/80

I'd buy this version.

Is this 2.0 367hp Polestar or not?

Some additional information in Dutch, from autobiog.nl, it was the old I6, when they did this record last year, befor Alfa and Honda broke the record this year, but they wanted to keep it secret and work on, what they found out on this test, typically swedisch understatement...
      http://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/volvo-...-ervanaf-98926

I don't think it is old I6 (350hp), maybe 500hp I6 from concept S60.
      Last edited by JG2; 05-25-2017 at 02:53 PM.

Some additional information in Dutch, from autobiog.nl, it was the old I6, when they did this record last year, befor Alfa and Honda broke the record this year, but they wanted to keep it secret and work on, what they found out on this test, typically swedisch understatement...
      http://www.autoblog.nl/nieuws/volvo-...-ervanaf-98926
      Google translated...

Sneaky bastards there in Sweden.

Today, the sports car of the Swedish car manufacturer announced that they had a record at the Nordschleife last year with a S60 Polestar, adjusted by Cyan Racing. However, this has never been brought out.

They then ran a time of 7: 51,110. The S60 Polestar was the fastest four-way sedan ever on the Nordschleife. Record time is no longer valid today. In September 2016 it was known that Alfa with the Giulia Quadrifoglio ( driving test ) knew a time of 7:32. The Volvo record was driven by the 'old' S60 Polestar ( driving test ). The variant with the 350 hp strong six-in-line with twin-scroll turbo technique.

Volvo says through a video that they have intentionally kept the record secret. They wanted to work on the development of their street and race cars in the background without being in the spotlight. "Swedish as we were, we did not call a record about a record. We just wanted to learn from this experience, "said the car manufacturer. With this she shares a sneak to other car manufacturers, who usually announce that a record has been recorded on the famous piece of asphalt. The Volvo video (including the wonderful T6 sound) check out Autojunk .
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #15/80, Matte Rebel Blue
      1993 Volvo 850 GLT, Red, 170K miles (gift to family)
      1979 Volvo 265 GL, Blue (sold)

Saying they are not bragging about it because of their swedishness... wow, thats a new level of bragging! Why not keeping it as a secret forever then?

Sorry but this is just silly
      - Volvo V60 Polestar -->at the track
      - Porsche Cayman R

Quote Originally Posted by JG2 View Post
      I don't think it is old I6 (350hp), maybe 500hp I6 from concept S60.
      I think it's the old S60 concept with a new nose and wheels. It has the widebody, drilled brakes, and rear diffuser that match the original concept. It also looks like a manual trans, since there are no shift paddles on the steering wheel, just like the original concept. You'll also notice the stance matches the original S60 concept, a little lower in the front, and maybe a touch higher in the rear than what the production cars have.
      2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar #13 | 1976 Triumph TR6

Sounds like the 4 cylinder with the gear shift pops. But i guess not.

Interesting what they hint at towards the end where they mention what they found will be used in future vehicles, for the road and track. I wonder if we will see hood vents soon.
      2015.5 V60 T5e - Various suspension and P* bits

This is the body that Polestar should have sold from day one. The M3 and C63 both have wide body shells. I know the PoleStar was seen as more of a C43, 340i and S4 competitor but a wide body would have really up the ante. Maybe version 2.0, a true PoleStar, will have a wider body than the vanilla S60?
      Dave in VA

2012 XC70 T6, AWD (new T6 motor installed 8/27/2015)
      2016 Cadillac ATS-V

Quote Originally Posted by DCPattie View Post
      This is the body that Polestar should have sold from day one. The M3 and C63 both have wide body shells. I know the PoleStar was seen as more of a C43, 340i and S4 competitor but a wide body would have really up the ante. Maybe version 2.0, a true PoleStar, will have a wider body than the vanilla S60?
      Yes.. I can only see it as a BS story. In a way also offensive to current Polestar owners. The moment "track" is mentioned Polestar doesn't hesitate to state that the Polestar is not intended for track use yet they keep throwing these commercial adds at customers rubbing in the race heritage and such.
      In a way this is how Polestar sold me the BMW M3..

The car in the clip appears to be the old concept, now dubbed concept 3, with a new nose. If the technology under the hood stayed the same that car is equipped with a 6 cylinder engine, out of production, and a manual gearbox, never in production, producing little over 500 HP. A car Volvo has been unwilling to sell to date. Why then spread this BS? And bragging about not revealing a Ring record while comparing stock production cars to a one off concept which probably is the most serviced car ever driven on the Ring. Not only did it catch fire at some point but that car also almost caught fire during media test drives in Sweden.
      Laughable.
      But then, negative exposure is also exposure.. We are feeding it.
      Last edited by Johann; 05-26-2017 at 04:53 AM.
      '17 Volvo S60 Polestar '15 XC60T5 Polestarised

This should be 500HP S60 with a facelift body.
      Time 7:51 is fast, considering that current S60 is eight years old model.
      Some other rivals (from 2006-2012), for example:
      2009 Panamera turbo (AWD 500 hp: 7:56)
      2011 C63 AMG Coupe Black (RWD 517 hp: 7:46)
      2013 E63S AMG W212 (RWD 585 hp: 7:55)
      2007 M3 E92 (RWD: 420 hp: 8:05)
      2011 M5 F01 (RWD: 560 hp: 7:55)
      Last edited by JG2; 05-26-2017 at 02:00 AM.

Would trade in my V60 for that widebody S60 any day. Looks great. But never going to happen sadly...

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
      Check out my ride on Instagram -> www.instagram.com/volvov60polestar

The funny thing is that the Alfa and the Civic Type R are both cars you can go pick up at the dealer right now or almost right now. I think the Type R is due in the summer here in the states. This car is a "one of a kind" that they tease us with. Don't get me wrong, I Love my car but I wish more of this concept and the last concept had made it into the production cars. The 6 speed trans would of been nice any thing over this crappy trans we have now. The wider stance etc would of been nice too. STOP teasing us with this and just give us this! Not sure where Polestar is headed in the future any ways. Why are the testing old product? The car is amazing but it is getting dated next to their XC90 the the S90/V90. Makes you wonder
      2016 v60 Polestar Rebel Blue
      2016 XC90 T6 R Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by LBC_1of165 View Post
      The funny thing is that the Alfa and the Civic Type R are both cars you can go pick up at the dealer right now or almost right now. I think the Type R is due in the summer here in the states. This car is a "one of a kind" that they tease us with. Don't get me wrong, I Love my car but I wish more of this concept and the last concept had made it into the production cars. The 6 speed trans would of been nice any thing over this crappy trans we have now. The wider stance etc would of been nice too. STOP teasing us with this and just give us this! Not sure where Polestar is headed in the future any ways. Why are the testing old product? The car is amazing but it is getting dated next to their XC90 the the S90/V90. Makes you wonder
      New S/V60 are expected for next year, you never know.
      The Civic on the NOS was not Standard, they had a roll-case installed, as a different driver seat, no infotainment and no rear seats..

Totally agree! I feel like they only go half assed on these cars. I'm right there with you about getting an M3 or M2 next. At least these cars are in production and put up the numbers advertised. Plus BMWs performance parts catalog and not to mention all the of the amazing after market parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Johann View Post
      Yes.. I can only see it as a BS story. In a way also offensive to current Polestar owners. The moment "track" is mentioned Polestar doesn't hesitate to state that the Polestar is not intended for track use yet they keep throwing these commercial adds at customers rubbing in the race heritage and such.
      In a way this is how Polestar sold me the BMW M3..

The car in the clip appears to be the old concept, now dubbed concept 3, with a new nose. If the technology under the hood stayed the same that car is equipped with a 6 cylinder engine, out of production, and a manual gearbox, never in production, producing little over 500 HP. A car Volvo has been unwilling to sell to date. Why then spread this BS? And bragging about not revealing a Ring record while comparing stock production cars to a one off concept which probably is the most serviced car ever driven on the Ring. Not only did it catch fire at some point but that car also almost caught fire during media test drives in Sweden.
      Laughable.
      But then, negative exposure is also exposure.. We are feeding it.
      2016 XC90 T6 R Polestar

in contrast to Volvo, at least Jaguar will make 300 of these. but at a price

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...road-model-yet
      2016 XC90 T6 R Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by LBC_1of165 View Post
      in contrast to Volvo, at least Jaguar will make 300 of these. but at a price

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...road-model-yet
      The key is "at a price". BMW did 300 M3 GTS but they cost $130K!!! No one is ever going to spend $130K on a Volvo S60, no matter what is done to it.

To get an idea the F-Type Project 7 cost $165k. That's $60k more than the F-Type R, you know any entire S60 P*!
      Last edited by P50GT; 05-26-2017 at 12:58 PM.

It's arguable, but you would be surprise what ppl spend their money these days. I haven't seen the sales numbers on the GTS or SVO offerings, but I'm willing to bet if there would be 300+ ppl in the world that would snap up the Polestar concept without thinking twice about it. Wealthy inequality is at its highest in recent history and that set of ppl only value exclusiveness and ignore the $ signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel_yell View Post
      It's arguable, but you would be surprise what ppl spend their money these days. I haven't seen the sales numbers on the GTS or SVO offerings, but I'm willing to bet if there would be 300+ ppl in the world that would snap up the Polestar concept without thinking twice about it. Wealthy inequality is at its highest in recent history and that set of ppl only value exclusiveness and ignore the $ signs.
      Remember that Volvo had major issues selling 165 P*'s at $60k. They did manage to sell 6 of the concepts at $200k but 6 is very different than 300.

The GTS and SVO both sold out before they even arrived.

It struggled because it was our conventional P*s are too "middle market" for those buyers/collectors. If they sold 6, they could sell 300 if advertised correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by P50GT View Post
      Remember that Volvo had major issues selling 165 P*'s at $60k. They did manage to sell 6 of the concepts at $200k but 6 is very different than 300.
      If 300 concept Polestars were manufactured, there is a very good chance the selling price could be reduced to something in the vicinity of $100k. That would attract a much larger audience. However, as Rebel_yell said, it would still have to be advertised correctly to attract that audience.
      2015.5 XC70 T6 Platinum Caspian Blue Metallic/Off Black, Heico Sport Suspension, IPD swaybar, Ferrita/TME Exhaust, Polestar #1640
      2014 XC60 R-Design Passion Red/Off Black, OSD, Savini BM7, Eibach Lowering Springs, IPD swaybar, Koni FSD, Polestar #1563
      2006 V70R 6M ElecSilver/Nordkap, 18" Pegs, Bell FMIC
      2004 S60R 6M TiGrey/Nordkap, 18" Ti Pegs, Bell FMIC, IPD Stage II, TME Exhaust, Eibachs, Quaife LSD

This was the concept S60 I saw last year while at the Polestar facility, this was a 6cyl, manual.

2016 V60CC Platinum
      2016 S60CC Platinum
      2017 XC90 Momentum Plus (family)

Previous:
      2017 S90 Inscription T6 AWD, 2019 XC40 R-Design T5 AWD, 2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD , 2018 V60 Polestar #103/1500, 2016 XC90 R-Design, 2013 C30 Polestar #141/250,2015.5 V60 R-Design,1998 V70 T5M, 1999 S70 GLT, 2000 V70R, 2004 V70R, 2006 V70R Sonic Blue, 2006 V70R Electric Silver, 2007 V70R Passion Red, 2003 XC90 2.5T, 2007 XC90 V8 Sport Electric Silver, 2007 XC90 Sport V8, Passion Red

The no paddles and the fact it shows someone going into a gear manually (albeit briefly in the video) along with the wide body etc its blatantly a later built or (front end swapped) 500hp 6cyl manual unit.

No idea what they have done with the specs otherwise, its on cup 2 tyres also, for the spec of the car providing it is roughly 500hp I find the lap time a bit of a let down really.

I looked up the registration plate on the car in the video and it's registered as a the 3 litre engine (=6-cyl) and at 350 hp. Granted, they're polestar so they can probably rebuild and re-certify the car to a higher spec but I can't imagine that wouldn't be reflected in the registration (as far as the road-legal bit and emissions etc goes). Also, it seems to have started out as a regular production car. Built in 2014 and as a model year 2015. Also, the car's owned by a regular car dealer since of September 2016.

edit: the one that Chris posted is registered as a 305 hp "Black Volvo" but then again it's owned by Volvo who are at liberty to do about anything when it comes to registrations on test cars, I guess. The one in the video had no exempts or anything, which they normally would if they're test cars.
      "The top-end T8's are like 'dictator opulent'. It screams 'drive me through the Kremlin in a military parade with some ICBMs on trucks'" - TheVolvo
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing"
      "XC70 FWD is like a beer with 0% Alc. Wtf, realy wtf."
      " I am sure I will buy a mainstream car with great mileage and a plug-in instead of a but-plug 🖤"
      - CrossingCountries

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast