SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1998 V70R, Resto, Mod/ Build Thread

19K views 98 replies 25 participants last post by  icrashcars 
#1 ·
I have had the car for a couple years, my EX used to drive it daily, but now it's been retired and added to my pile of toys.

I have completed just about every major maintenance in the last 20k miles, and other than the turbo oil line dripping, it's running beautifully. Much thanks to the forum members for the info and guidance.

So, on to the good stuff.
Purchased and to be completed in the next month or so...
Custom-ish coilover setup, going very low. Ill give details if it works out.
Currently prepping a replacement front bumper (shaved washer recesses)
Front lip spoiler
OEM Roof spoiler
Clear headlights (jewel knockoffs)
Clear corner lights.
OEM 18"x8 Jaguar 2 piece BBS Wheels (waiting on delivery from UK) - These will need a major refurb, but Ive been refinishing wheels for years, and I have something nice in store for them.

Current state. Body and paint are super nice, interior is a 9/10.

IMG_7236 by britt edward, on Flickr

IMG_7237 2 by britt edward, on Flickr

Wheels. the guy had a bunch and I bought the 4 in the best condition. I plan to strip, powder coat, and rebuild them.
s-l1600 by britt edward, on Flickr

See less See more
#81 ·
Wagon is looking good! I want more details on the Audi and how you use it, though!

#83 ·
Those will look cool behind your wheels, methinks!

#84 ·
Hover car mode.

The car was neglected in the 2 years I didnt own it and front underside was coated in engine oil and grease from torn CV boots. the upside side is that nothing in the front was rusted! haha

I cleaned up everything I could reach and it's looking much better. Axles seals, rebuilt axles, new inner/ outer tie rods installed. Waiting on control arms, wheel bearings, and BBK components to arrive so I can put the fronts back together.

Untitled

#87 ·
Rear wheel bearing have been a major PITA. The hubs came out easily with a 5lb slide hammer.

However, the retaining clips that hold the rear bearings in place are seized/ fused to the spindle. Ive had them soaking for a solid 24 hours, and periodically hammer on them to try and break loose. Also generously applied heat a few times.

Im not confident they will come out, so I ordered a couple of knuckles off ebay. Hopefully they wont be as bad when I crack them open.

Untitled

Untitled

#89 · (Edited)
Front and rear suspension refresh is complete. Wheels bearings, cleaned/ painted spindles, new parking brake lines and hardware, new abs sensors, inner/outer tierods, controls arms. (yother adjustable toed rods are in the mail)

I plan to drop the rear subframe soon and do the fuel pump, bushings, and anything else i didnt get on the first round.

BBK is done.
Untitled

Untitled

#90 · (Edited)
Had some major delays getting it back on the road, mostly due to part availability and delivery times.
Last round of work included:
4 new axles and all seals
New wheel bearings all around
Refurbished rear knuckles
Front control arms, inner/ outer tie rods, sway bar endlinks
4 Piston brembos and 330mm rotors on all 4 corners
4 new ABS sensors
Front/ rear diff fluid flush
Coolant flush
Oil change
New Parking brake cables
New Parking Brake shoes (still fighting with these!)
New Headlights
Modified XC Grill
Adjustable Toe-Rods

Volvo V70R Front by britt edward, on Flickr

Volvo V70R Side by britt edward, on Flickr

#94 · (Edited)
I should have the v70r sorted out this week after a semi-major engine overhaul/ maintenance. Freshly painted bumpers and a new lip spoiler.

Took me longer than expected because I had the opportunity to work on my dream build...1995 M3 with a 5.7 LS swap. Running a T56 Magnum trans. Fully built 243 heads, aggressive Texas Speed Cam kit, stand alone fueling, etc

Untitled by britt edward, on Flickr

Video

Video

#95 ·
well alrighty then!!! bad ass!!

#98 ·
Still trying to sell the wagon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.