SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

LA Dealer for Service?

3K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  OscarII 
#1 ·
I bought my car at Rusnak in Pasadena, was curious if anyone here had experience over there as I've found mixed reviews on them. My sales guy was somewhat of an enthusiast and intro'd me to a tech who was mod friendly after inquiring on P* tune and rear sway.

Wondering if Galpin or another LA-area dealer is a better place to take it in.

Appreciate any help!

#2 · (Edited)
I bought my car at Rusnak in Pasadena, was curious if anyone here had experience over there as I've found mixed reviews on them. My sales guy was somewhat of an enthusiast and intro'd me to a tech who was mod friendly after inquiring on P* tune and rear sway.

Appreciate any help!
I live exactly in the middle between Rusnak and Volvo of Orange County. I bought MY17 XC90 T8 from Rusnak because they were by far, the best deal anywhere in CA, AZ and NV (I shopped them all via email).

Because I bought from Rusnak, they gained my business for service and I've only had to visit twice for minor issues. I'm still 5k from next service... The facility is dated and not what I would call a premier facility. The service advisor was responsive when I was present but once off site follow-up or others contacts to him go unanswered.

I've been tempted to try Volvo of Orange County because their facility is modern and more of a premier looking facility; however, they would not bargain on the sale of the car, probably the worse price offered out of the dozens of dealers I contacted.

Other dealers are just too far...

#3 ·

Appreciate any help!
I've had good experiences with Galpin.

#6 ·
While I'd never buy a car from Galpin Volvo (wife and I were ignored in two occasions when I was looking to buy my new S60 - bought it from Ontario via a broker - and recently an XC90), their service department seemed to be all about service on my first visit. They have a Starbucks in there and give you a free cup of regular coffee and offer a Lyft back home after drop-off. Pleasant people in service.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.