Wipers
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wipers

Wipers

Does anyone have any recommendations for wiper replacements? After owning Bimmers for the past 14 years, I have not had to replace wipers. The BMW service center always replaced my wipers for free whenever I took my cars in for service. Unfortunately, Volvo service does not.
      2018 XC90 T6

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I'd like to know, too. I am at just over 2 years of ownership and have the original wipers, and they have been wonderful. Not sure when I'll have to replace them, but I'll stick with OEM, whatever they are.

Tip: Don't be lazy and run your wipers over slush and ice. Get out and scrape it all off, and don't use the wipers until the windshield is warm enough to start melting the residual ice you didn't scrape on its own.
      HIS: 2018 XC90 T6 Inscription/Denim Blue Metallic/Amber nappa leather/Polestar/B&W/Convenience/Air Suspension/HUD/Climate/Protection Package
      HERS: 2017 BMW X1 xDrive 28i/Olive Metallic/Canberra/Tech/Premium/Driving Assistance Plus/Cold Weather Package/Harman Kardan audio

I've been using rain x latitude wipers for about 10 years now and I have no complaints.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Copy-Pasting my reply from the S90/V90 sub-forum which has the same thread.

"I ordered the Valeo ones from FCPEuro last week. Perfect (and direct) fit for our Volvos and they clean just like the factory ones.

$ 31.6 with shipping and taxes. Also included is the lifetime replacement. You just return your used wipers for a brand new set of new ones for life and keep replacing them for free. Pretty good deal, IMO!

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/aud...oem-8k1998002a"
      2018 Volvo V90 CC T6 Polestar'd

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Anyone get the Bosch Icon to fit?
      2018 XC90 T6

Wiper blades are replaceable. It's very easy to replace. Just take off two tip plastic covers with a pair of pliers from one side. I got wiper blades from ebay with good reviews. It works perfectly and it's much better than few aftermarket wipers I put on before.

I picked up silicone PIAA’s but have installed yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      MY16 XC90 T8, Inscription, Onyx Black
      Vision, Conv, HUD, Climate, B&W, 4-Corner Susp., PAII

Recently I was at the dealership, and had them replace the wiper blades on my 2018 XC60, which cost about $30. I purchased for my 2003 XC90 for about $40 (has new style) apparently the dealers dropped the prices on all their wipers. Check with their parts department, I was pleasantly surprised!
      2018 XC60 R OSD Bursting Blue
      2016 XC60 New White Pearl, Loaded
      2007 185K Miles XC70 My 4th!
      2006 45K Miles S60 Rescued from Katrina! Sold
      2003 84K Miles XC90 T6 AWD 18" Nautic Blue, Nav, Loaded! Color Coded !!
      1995 122K Miles 960 SW Everything Works! Sold!

Quote Originally Posted by RyVolvo View Post
      Anyone get the Bosch Icon to fit?
      They are garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by carz View Post
      They are garbage.
      How so? I read good things about them but they don't fit SPA XC90s.
      2018 XC90 T6

How so? I read good things about them but they don't fit SPA XC90s.
      They don't fit well the curvature of the windshield. I have tried to adjust them for hours and they always leave a part without cleaning. Better to pay a bit more and get the OEM at the dealership. Lesson learned

I was recently in to my dealer for the 20K maintenance and asked about getting the wiper blades replaced. I was told that it would cost $75. I declined and was able to find wiper blade refills for $26.63 (tax & shipping included) on eBay from Volvo of Dallas, link below:

XC60 Wiper Blade Refill Kit - Part 31490722
      https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Volvo...BoCSaYQAvD_BwE

It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the refills only. Select the Wiped Service Position on the Sensus screen. There is a tab on the underside of the top cap on the wiper blade. Press up on the tab with a small flat head screwdriver and the blade refill slides right off with the cap. The replacement refills come with a new cap with refill attached. Slides on easily. Quick repair and less expensive than changing the whole blade. The kit fits the heated and non-heated blades.
      Current
      OSD 2018 XC60 T8 | Onyx Black | Blonde/Blonde Int | Heated Fr Seats & Steering Wheel | Convenience-Vision-Advanced Packages | Air Suspension | 20" Wheels
      OSD 2011 C70 | Flamenco Red

Quote Originally Posted by mommere View Post
      I was recently in to my dealer for the 20K maintenance and asked about getting the wiper blades replaced. I was told that it would cost $75. I declined and was able to find wiper blade refills for $26.63 (tax & shipping included) on eBay from Volvo of Dallas, link below:

XC60 Wiper Blade Refill Kit - Part 31490722
      https://www.ebay.com/p/Genuine-Volvo...BoCSaYQAvD_BwE

It took me less than 5 minutes to replace the refills only. Select the Wiped Service Position on the Sensus screen. There is a tab on the underside of the top cap on the wiper blade. Press up on the tab with a small flat head screwdriver and the blade refill slides right off with the cap. The replacement refills come with a new cap with refill attached. Slides on easily. Quick repair and less expensive than changing the whole blade. The kit fits the heated and non-heated blades.
      But these are for XC60 right? eBay page warned me that these doesn't fit my XC90.
      Our first Volvo - Optimus Prime - 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum Onyx Black, HUD, Momentum+, Convenience, Vision, Climate, Pilot Assist II + Mitigation Upgrades + Jan 2020 Update

My Fuel Log for real life Optimus Prime fuel efficiency - http://www.fuelly.com/car/volvo/xc90...wdarygm/910536

Correct. I was referencing the SPA XC60 blade refills. This looks like the equivalent for SPA XC90 Models - https://www.volvopartscounter.com/oe...blade-31349377 but without looking at the existing blade on your vehicle, I'm not sure. The fitment guide on the website indicates they would fit.
      Current
      OSD 2018 XC60 T8 | Onyx Black | Blonde/Blonde Int | Heated Fr Seats & Steering Wheel | Convenience-Vision-Advanced Packages | Air Suspension | 20" Wheels
      OSD 2011 C70 | Flamenco Red

I replaced the SPA XC90 wiper blade refills. I don't think the XC90 wiper blade is designed to change refills only. There's a little metal hook on one end of the wiper frame that hooked into the rubber. You have to take off caps on two ends and loose the hook a bit to change refills. It's a 2 minutes job to change the refills.
      Last edited by tanXC90; 09-23-2019 at 11:13 AM.

I bought the factory blades online through Tasca - I think it was 38 for the fronts and 14 for the rear. A bit expensive but the blades are great.

They don't fit well the curvature of the windshield. I have tried to adjust them for hours and they always leave a part without cleaning. Better to pay a bit more and get the OEM at the dealership. Lesson learned
      The OEM is also made by Bosch and I believe Amazon has it for a lot cheaper than what the dealer charges.
      2018 XC90 T6

The OEM is also made by Bosch and I believe Amazon has it for a lot cheaper than what the dealer charges.
      I can tell you the ones you buy on Amazon and the dealership are not the same, regardless of who makes them. I have had 3 pairs of OEM and 1 Bosch from Amazon and the driver one from Amazon is impossible to adjust.

I can tell you the ones you buy on Amazon and the dealership are not the same, regardless of who makes them. I have had 3 pairs of OEM and 1 Bosch from Amazon and the driver one from Amazon is impossible to adjust.
      Thanks! That's good to know. I haven't ordered from Amazon yet and I probably wont now.
      2018 XC90 T6

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post

"I ordered the Valeo ones from FCPEuro last week. Perfect (and direct) fit for our Volvos and they clean just like the factory ones.

$ 31.6 with shipping and taxes. Also included is the lifetime replacement. You just return your used wipers for a brand new set of new ones for life and keep replacing them for free. Pretty good deal, IMO!

Bought these. Came out to be around $34 for XC90. No idea why there is so much difference. Was shipping $4.99 for you?

The fit is good and no streaks at the point of contact but observed a very thin line of streak at the top of the wiper when going back.
      Our first Volvo - Optimus Prime - 2016 XC90 T6 Momentum Onyx Black, HUD, Momentum+, Convenience, Vision, Climate, Pilot Assist II + Mitigation Upgrades + Jan 2020 Update

My Fuel Log for real life Optimus Prime fuel efficiency - http://www.fuelly.com/car/volvo/xc90...wdarygm/910536

Quote Originally Posted by chowdarygm View Post
      Bought these. Came out to be around $34 for XC90. No idea why there is so much difference. Was shipping $4.99 for you?
      My sub-total (Wipers) was $26.61 and the Order total (Wipers+Shipping) was $31.60. So I'm guessing the part cost must have increased as our shipping costs are the same.

EDIT: I just checked and the part is still $26.61 on FCP Euro. I don't know why your cost was different. I searched for both, the V90CC and the XC90 and they both show the same $26.61 price. Unless you paid extra for faster shipping, I can't imagine why you were charged more.
      Last edited by Volvolic; 09-30-2019 at 02:11 PM.

What It's Like To Own A Volvo V90 Cross Country?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYbC8bg-N8c

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolic View Post

I have no idea how a company makes money allowing you to return wipers when they have worn out, but I am game to try this next time I need new wipers. And given that I wasn't letting the service center fleece me for the cabin air filter and fuel filter at the 40k service, I will use them for the replacement filter next time around. Still can understand how they can make money on a lifetime warranty.

Have you ever found that they stop selling an item you purchased when it's time to replace the worn out item? That's my only hesitation, but if not, wow!

Thanks for the recommendation to fcpeuro.com.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2006 XC70 willow green (SOLD)
      2013 Tesla Model S (TOTALED 5/2019 )
      2017 XC90 T6 Inscription Magic Metallic Blue (1st OSD)
      2019 Tesla Model S 100D - Deep Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by neandertal View Post
      I have no idea how a company makes money allowing you to return wipers when they have worn out, but I am game to try this next time I need new wipers. And given that I wasn't letting the service center fleece me for the cabin air filter and fuel filter at the 40k service, I will use them for the replacement filter next time around. Still can understand how they can make money on a lifetime warranty.

Have you ever found that they stop selling an item you purchased when it's time to replace the worn out item? That's my only hesitation, but if not, wow!

Thanks for the recommendation to fcpeuro.com.
      Don't forget you have to pay to ship them back to FCP. Unless you live very close and drive them back.
      If you can walk them back - then they are free.

Ordered from FCP for my XC90. Driver side blade is shorter then original by approximately 1 inch.. passenger side exact fit..

Quote Originally Posted by Olega View Post
      Ordered from FCP for my XC90. Driver side blade is shorter then original by approximately 1 inch.. passenger side exact fit..
      Yes. I noticed it too!

I contacted FCP customer service. Here is the answer I got.

We do list a proper number part number wiper blade set on the site for your vehicle which can be found here:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products?utf...words=31349377

I'll certainly have a note added to the site to help decipher fitment, and the original order can be returned for a full refund of course.

If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Looks like FCP also have original OEM wiper blades. They are more expensive then Valeo, but definitely cost less then at the stealership...

I contacted FCP customer service. Here is the answer I got.

We do list a proper number part number wiper blade set on the site for your vehicle which can be found here:

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products?utf...words=31349377

I'll certainly have a note added to the site to help decipher fitment, and the original order can be returned for a full refund of course.

If I can help with anything else, please let me know.

Kind regards,
      Are you sending these back and ordering the Volvo ones from them?

I have an issue with the driver side one with streaks in small area and the CS said that would be a lifetime warranty policy claim where I have to pay for new shipping and send the existing one back with my own shipping costs which I don't understand when these are only less than a month old and not functioning as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by chowdarygm View Post
      Are you sending these back and ordering the Volvo ones from them?

I have an issue with the driver side one with streaks in small area and the CS said that would be a lifetime warranty policy claim where I have to pay for new shipping and send the existing one back with my own shipping costs which I don't understand when these are only less than a month old and not functioning as intended.
      That’s what I want to do. Send them back for refund and order volvo OEM. It looks like that they want us to pay for shipment back. Doesn’t make sense to me either. BTW I have same issue with streaks on the driver side also. Let us know if FCP will pay for shipping back.

hmm..i just ordered valeo blades from them as well..not shipped yet, maybe i should cancel and order originals...also ordered all brake pads and front rotors and all filters, for lifetime warranty...sounds like a good deal to me..

That’s what I want to do. Send them back for refund and order volvo OEM. It looks like that they want us to pay for shipment back. Doesn’t make sense to me either. BTW I have same issue with streaks on the driver side also. Let us know if FCP will pay for shipping back.
      Got my issue sorted out with FCP. They gave me a return shipping label to send the Valeo ones back and refunded more than half of the original 7.99 shipping costs which is nice of them. Ordered Volvo wipers from them and they are so much better than Valeo. Better to stick with with Volvo ones but order from these guys to save a little money.

Same here. Shipped Valeo back to FCP (already got a refund minus shipping charges) and ordered OEM Volvo. Installed volvo OEM. Night and day difference. So much better!

i didnt install mine, package says they are for audi, but looks like they have the same length as my bosch, that i have installed. maybe tonight...

I couldn't stand the Bosch any longer and I replaced them with the OEM even when they still had 1/2 life left. What a difference!

Do not waste your money on Bosch and buy the OEM. If you want to save money, the dealership sells the wiper blade refills and you can easily change them (if you didn't make the mistake to buy the Bosch first and still have the OEM wipers)

From the P2 XC90 thread where we were discussing the same topic:

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDancer View Post
      This morning I ordered the Silicone Michelin Endurance XT. Apparently Wal-Mart locked up an exclusive retail deal in the US, so you won't find them on Amazon or elsewhere.
      https://michelinmedia.com/pages/blog...ticle/c0/a910/

At $20 per side, I'm not out much money if they do not live up to the claims of superior clearing ability, all-weather - all temperature performance, and 3x the longevity of graphite impreg rubber wipers.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowDancer View Post
      Slight snowstorm arrived in DC tonight. I installed them earlier in the morning before snowfall and followed the break-in procedure. (Clean the windshield, allow glass to dry, then run the wipers dry over the windshield for 4 minutes).
      Performance was 9/10. Very pleased thus far.
      2009 XC90 3.2 AWD l Oyster Grey / Bi-Xenon / Dynaudio / BLIS / VNS / RSE / THULE Aeroblade

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast