VIDA dedicated laptops for sale
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Results 1 to 35 of 35
    1. #1
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478

      VIDA dedicated laptops for sale

      Hi everyone, just an FYI.... (if you're on facebook, you've probably seen me).... if you're looking for a low-stress solution to VIDA, with a lifetime warranty and tech support in case of future issues....

      I have been selling laptops to the Volvo-owners community with VIDA 2014D pre-loaded and tested, for a while now. I have many customers that would attest to this being a great product and service.

      PRICE = $215 shipped, for laptop with VIDA 2014D and genuine, activated, Windows 7 Pro (does not includes DiCE unit)

      LIFETIME warranty on the laptop. (exceptions: 2 years on the LCD screen, 1 year on the laptop battery... but the heart of the machine I will warranty for life. Repair or replace. But really, if you use it as a dedicated VIDA laptop mainly, it'll last you years and years.)

      These are very solid laptops, that I completely refurbish myself. I open them up, clean, tighten, and replace components. Specs vary depending on the build, but they all meet the minimum specs (all have at least 3gb of RAM) and run VIDA very well. Most include new components, like hard drives, RAM, the laptop battery itself, and/or other pieces. But I thoroughly test everything. I also replace the CMOS battery on all of the machines, so you won't have any system time errors.

      You get the DiCE unit, and it's plug-and-play for you. Simple. No headaches for you, and I'm always here to help with any issues.

      I can also do "custom builds" (with money down).... more RAM, solid-state hard drive, small sized laptops, back-lit keyboard, super long battery life, Toughbooks, whatever you need, with a little time I can probably do it .... let me know what you'd like, and we can chat about it.

      Lastly... another option I can work with you on is to have you send me your computer, I set it all up and send back. I can even upgrade RAM or HDD if it needs it. That service starts at $75 (includes return shipping), and goes up based on if it needs any equipment (for example, 1GB of RAM would be an extra $10.)

      You can send me a message here, or send an e-mail to: DavidRLeach(at)gmail.com

      I also have pictures of some builds and answers to FAQs at..... https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      I have a Dell Latitude right now that is an awesome computer, even has a battery that is good for over 6 hrs on a single charge. 2.2ghz dual core processor, 3gb RAM, optimized for VIDA.

      LIFETIME WARRANTY on all my machines. I have close to 80 folks out there that would attest to these being quality builds.
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      I'm now adding the 2014D Volvo Electric Wiring Diagrams with every install at no extra cost (did you know? There's actually a 2nd disc to VIDA.)

      ALSO!!!

      vol-FCR, the program for 1996-1998 Volvos, is also added to every laptop, at no extra cost. Two versions of it (1.3.06 and 1.7.6), both patched and preinstalled on this VIDA laptop.

      Some may never use it, but you'll have it if you ever do (the cable for vol-FCR is around $7 on eBay.)

      Let me know if you have any questions!
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 2014
      Posts
      135
      Excellent communication and service!

      We were first in contact a few months ago, the laptop I wanted to send him needed to have personal information transferred yet, but I had asked about Vol-FCR, which he knew nothing about. He took the time to do a little research, as well as find both versions for me.
      Once I sent out my laptop, he installed Windows 7, VIDA, both FCR's and it's drivers, in less than 24hrs and had it shipped!
      Every detailed question was answered and as drawn out as my process ended up being, I never felt as if I was pushing my boundaries.

      A pleasure to do business with!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    7. #5
      Member Config's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2003
      Location
      Mountain Time
      Posts
      1,031
      Let me add that just from my personal experience it's best to buy a laptop unit that is pre-configured with VIDA and already tested to work with the DICE unit. I purchased mine that way and I was up and running a few minutes as soon as I clicked on the VIDA icon. That laptop's sole purpose is to run VIDA/DICE and hook-up to my Volvos;-)
      '00 Mystic Silver metallic V70R, Rear Wing, Dolby
      '02 Desert Wind S40 Sports premium/winter pkg
      '12 Savile Gray metallic S60 T5, Premium/Climate/BLIS/City Safety/rear spoiler
      '13 Seashell metallic XC60 T6, Platinum/Climate/BLIS/Polestar-tuned/IPD anti-sway bar
      '16 Seashell metallic S60 T5 AWD (replaced '17 S60)
      '13A DICE/VIDA, x's '93 850 GLT, '04 XC90, '17 S60 T5 (Totaled!)

    8. #6
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Near the pimple on Philadelphia's ass
      Posts
      831
      If you want Vida,Get it from this guy!!! My unit works great and his service is beyond any expectations I would want.

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      Thanks guys. I love this feedback!!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    10. #8
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by dc087 View Post
      Excellent communication and service!

      We were first in contact a few months ago, the laptop I wanted to send him needed to have personal information transferred yet, but I had asked about Vol-FCR, which he knew nothing about. He took the time to do a little research, as well as find both versions for me.
      Once I sent out my laptop, he installed Windows 7, VIDA, both FCR's and it's drivers, in less than 24hrs and had it shipped!
      Every detailed question was answered and as drawn out as my process ended up being, I never felt as if I was pushing my boundaries.

      A pleasure to do business with!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      And hey, don't forget the wiring diagrams! :-)

      They are embedded in VIDA... but this is a 2nd install disc that doesn't come with DICE, and is a challenge to find. But I found it. :-)


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    11. #9
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Location
      Leavenworth, KS
      Posts
      533
      Just got my unit and it works great! I was able to scan and clear codes on my wife's 2015.5 XC60.


      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      16 V60P* (Rebel Blue)
      05 V70R MT (Red/Atacama)
      19 XC60 T6 RD (Wife's Ride/Fusion Red)

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      Near the pimple on Philadelphia's ass
      Posts
      831
      VIDA with Wiring diagrams!! The best a man can get!! Make no mistake.This is the MAN for your diagnostics tool.

    13. #11
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      11
      To add to the accolades, I reached out on a Thursday afternoon for information, made the decision to buy a toughbook early that evening and had it on my front porch waiting for me on Saturday with great communication in between and after. The only way it could have been faster is if he lived next door.
      Thanks for the great service!

    14. #12
      Member hfwilkesjr's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Central Jersey
      Posts
      1,621
      Does it work on SPA platform vehicles?
      (Hers) Current Ride - 2020 V90CC T6 AWD
      ( His ) Current Ride - 2016 XC90 T6 AWD

      (Hers) Past Rides - 93 244, 05 XC90, 15.5 XC60, 17 XC60
      ( His ) Past Rides - 91 745, 05 S40 T5 FWD

    15. #13
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by hfwilkesjr View Post
      Does it work on SPA platform vehicles?
      Yes, all volvo models 1999-2015.5 for VIDA 2014D.

      You can always download VIDA 2015 from Volvo, buy a license and use that too.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    16. #14
      Junior Member Volvos rock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Danielsville PA
      Posts
      706
      TaklaNHL, is top notch to deal with, I sent him a computer to set up and he did it in an amazingly short time with no issues. I’ll have it tomorrow and will update when I run it!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1996 850 GLT sdn (deceased @ 250k), 2002 V70 XC 120k (traded), 2009 S80 3.2 52k
      2010 VW Croutan 3.8 SE 29k
      1998 Chevrolet K1500 85k(only cause Volvo doesn't make pick ups)
      1965 Pontiac Lemans convertable (the sled)
      2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (not that horrible)

    17. #15
      Junior Member Volvos rock's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2011
      Location
      Danielsville PA
      Posts
      706
      Works flawlessly. Again top notch!


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      1996 850 GLT sdn (deceased @ 250k), 2002 V70 XC 120k (traded), 2009 S80 3.2 52k
      2010 VW Croutan 3.8 SE 29k
      1998 Chevrolet K1500 85k(only cause Volvo doesn't make pick ups)
      1965 Pontiac Lemans convertable (the sled)
      2013 Ford Police Interceptor Utility (not that horrible)

    18. #16
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Location
      Savannah, GA
      Posts
      13
      +1 on Dave / TaklaNHL -

      He set me up with a ToughBook and walked me through some basics to get up and going. There are some not-so-obvious steps that knowing gives a real leg up to getting started.

      I DID have some trouble with the DICE and even though this setup is BYOD (bring your own DICE) Dave worked me through email (and offered to have a call as well) to help pinpoint DICE hardware problems from the other vendor.

      This is a great way to go - plug and play - and let Dave worry about / take care of setup issues.

      If any Swedespeed member needs a VIDA scan in coastal GA off Savannah send me a PM. Happy to help.

      BPR
      2004 V70R MT - gone
      2004 XC70 - Ice White / Oak - Premium / Touring / Bi-Xenon
      2008 XC70 - gone
      2012 XC90 OSD - Black
      1999 BMW M3c

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      MetroWest Boston
      Posts
      97
      I'm interested. Just to confirm, it would work on my 2015.5 V60 drive-e, correct?
      2015.5 Volvo V60 T5e w/Polestar

    20. #18
      Junior Member AcidAlchamy's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Location
      L a s V e g a s
      Posts
      287
      I would really just want to see what kind of laptop it is. Seems like a great deal and a great service. Looking forward to your reply


      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      A Swede living in Las Vegas Nv
      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      {•} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {•} 2005 S60 Premier
      {•} 1997 960
      -Below are Volvos in the family-
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R
      Follow & Subscribe
      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      Swede living in Las Vegas
      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      {} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {} 2005 S60 Premier
      {} 1997 960
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

    21. #19
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by Novichek View Post
      I'm interested. Just to confirm, it would work on my 2015.5 V60 drive-e, correct?
      Yea. 2015.5 is the last year VIDA 2014d will work on.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    22. #20
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478

      VIDA dedicated laptops for sale

      Quote Originally Posted by AcidAlchamy View Post
      I would really just want to see what kind of laptop it is. Seems like a great deal and a great service. Looking forward to your reply


      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      A Swede living in Las Vegas Nv
      •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
      {•} 2015 S60 T5 Premier
      {•} 2005 S60 Premier
      {•} 1997 960
      -Below are Volvos in the family-
      {} 2013 S60 T5 Platinum
      {} 1997 850 R

      I have options. And can do custom builds if you have a preferred brand or model.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    23. #21
      Junior Member IronRoll's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 2016
      Location
      East Bay, California
      Posts
      39
      You've got pm
      97 850 R - Stock but many mods coming soon
      98 C70 T5 - Too many mods to list
      98 XC70 - B&G spring,bilstein struts, 302mm brakes,HD sway bar
      2005 V70R - K&N filter,poly bushings
      2007 S80 V8 - Custom intake piping, no muffler

    24. #22
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      I've got some very nice laptops CURRENTLY available.

      $215 shipped... Dell D630, 14” screen, 1.8-2.0ghz dual core, 3gb of ram (+$10 for 4gb), 120gb hard drive, with a new laptop battery.

      or MY MOST POPULAR:

      $290 shipped... Panasonic Toughbook CF74, 13.3” screen (touchscreen with stylus), 2.0-2.4ghz dual core, 3gb of ram (+$10 for 4gb), 120gb hard drive, and a new laptop battery.
      (Or $250 shipped for the same type of Toughbook without a touchscreen.)

      Lifetime warranty on either.

      These are VIDA dedicated machines, and really intended just for that for flawless operation that's always ready when you are... but if you’re in the market for a laptop for yourself as well, I do have a Dell E6400 that could be an option... let me know if something like that may interest. This is a more powerful computer with two installs of windows (Win7 and Win10) that you choose one when you turn it on. Because of the better equipment, larger HDD, and two installs... it’s a little more expensive ($280 shipped). I could go more into that if needed.

      I'm always available to build a custom machine too.

      I'm currently sold out of DICE units, but I can get you a link to a good seller that ships from the US and fast.

      Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks guys!
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    25. #23
      Member HunterBD's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Auburn
      Posts
      1,246
      I just ordered a replacement Vida/Dice laptop from Dave. The laptop is exactly what I needed to diagnose the VR and new C70 T5. It was on my doorstep in two days from Nevada to PA. Great service and a great product. If you need a Vida unit with all the software installed and configured then this is the spot.
      05 VR GT Titanium Grey/Nordakp, sunroof, Winter Package, Premium sound with Volvo Sub. VST rear brace, Ultra Racing front strut brace. iPD Sways and other little upgrades they have. EST DP with Touring Exhaust.

    26. #24
      Junior Member dhl1010's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2015
      Location
      Singapore
      Posts
      221
      Quote Originally Posted by TacklaNHL View Post
      Hi everyone, just an FYI.... (if you're on facebook, you've probably seen me).... if you're looking for a low-stress solution to VIDA, with a lifetime warranty and tech support in case of future issues....

      I have been selling laptops to the Volvo-owners community with VIDA 2014D pre-loaded and tested, for a while now. I have many customers that would attest to this being a great product and service.

      PRICE = $215 shipped, for laptop with VIDA 2014D and genuine, activated, Windows 7 Pro (does not includes DiCE unit)

      LIFETIME warranty on the laptop. (exceptions: 2 years on the LCD screen, 1 year on the laptop battery... but the heart of the machine I will warranty for life. Repair or replace. But really, if you use it as a dedicated VIDA laptop mainly, it'll last you years and years.)

      These are very solid laptops, that I completely refurbish myself. I open them up, clean, tighten, and replace components. Specs vary depending on the build, but they all meet the minimum specs (all have at least 3gb of RAM) and run VIDA very well. Most include new components, like hard drives, RAM, the laptop battery itself, and/or other pieces. But I thoroughly test everything. I also replace the CMOS battery on all of the machines, so you won't have any system time errors.

      You get the DiCE unit, and it's plug-and-play for you. Simple. No headaches for you, and I'm always here to help with any issues.

      I can also do "custom builds" (with money down).... more RAM, solid-state hard drive, small sized laptops, back-lit keyboard, super long battery life, Toughbooks, whatever you need, with a little time I can probably do it .... let me know what you'd like, and we can chat about it.

      Lastly... another option I can work with you on is to have you send me your computer, I set it all up and send back. I can even upgrade RAM or HDD if it needs it. That service starts at $75 (includes return shipping), and goes up based on if it needs any equipment (for example, 1GB of RAM would be an extra $10.)

      You can send me a message here, or send an e-mail to: DavidRLeach(at)gmail.com

      I also have pictures of some builds and answers to FAQs at..... https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/
      Cool, Bro. I am interested. Does the VIDA able to detect my June 2016 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E?
      2016 Volvo S60 T5 Drive-E FWD Automatic • 8-Speed Geartronic • Onyx Black Metallic • Beechwood Brown/Offblack in Antracite Black Interior with Charcoal headlining • Polestar Performance Optimised • Polestar Chassis Kit • 19" ​OZ Leggera HLT • Volvo Styling Kit • R.Design Sport Pedal • Illuminated Sill Molding • RSE Multimedia System • Parking Assistance Front & Rear Camera • Polestar Performance Air Filter • Sparta Evolution Saturn 2600 Brake Kit • DO88 Intercooler

    27. #25
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      VIDA2GO

      ANNOUNCING SOMETHING NEW!

      We have a completely new setup! Not only do we now have VIDA 2014D on Windows10, with full WiFi and no limits, but also, NEW programs, NEW portable capabilities, and a whole new way to do a VIDA laptop!!

      WELCOME to the cool new development in the world of VIDA laptops... VIDA2GO!

      Just plug the SSD drive into a USB port on your laptop and boot from that. USB 2.0 or 3.0, either is fine. (May require some simple changes to the bios to allow this.) Like a complete computer in a small USB drive. Shutdown the computer and unplug the VIDA drive and the computer boots up like normal again, using your regular hard drive.

      VIDA2GO USB SSD = $100 shipped!!
      (Only $15 more to ship to Canada.)

      Maybe “VIDA laptop” isn’t a good name anymore, maybe it’s just a garage laptop. As this includes programs for any make or model you have. And with this system, you can add future programs if you’d like. A program for another make, or your tuner’s software... you can install it all onto this system, and it will not conflict.

      Already own a VIDA laptop, and want this? As long as it’s a 64-bit system, it will run this portable SSD. Plug in, boot from the usb device, and you’re off.

      Details:

      Aluminum case
      128gb portable SSD
      USB 3.1 gen 2 (up to 540mbps)
      Windows 10
      Boot from your own laptop
      Plug ‘N Play
      USB 2.0 or 3.0 compatible

      Programs included:

      VIDA 2014D + EWD
      VIDA 2015
      VDash
      Haynes Pro
      Autocom Delphi 2016
      MS Office 2019
      Vol-FCR 1.3 & 1.7.6

      VIDA2-GO-4
      VIDA2-GO-3
      VIDA2-GO-2
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    28. #26
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      30
      Congratulations on the next evolution of your products. Very big news.
      Does anyone happen to know if this USB VIDA will work on a Macbook Pro that has Windows software installed on it?

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478

      VIDA dedicated laptops for sale

      Quote Originally Posted by estradaccord View Post
      Congratulations on the next evolution of your products. Very big news.
      Does anyone happen to know if this USB VIDA will work on a Macbook Pro that has Windows software installed on it?
      Yes. I have it setup in a way that it will work with MacBook and a few of my customers are already doing it. (I thought I added that in this description?)

      If you let me know it’s going to be used in a MacBook I can get you the smaller usb cable with the SSD that you’ll need too.... usb-c? I think it’s called.

      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by TacklaNHL; 05-26-2020 at 01:52 PM.
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    30. #28
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      Quote Originally Posted by TacklaNHL View Post
      Yes. I have it setup in a way that it will work with MacBook and a few of my customers are already doing it. (I thought I added that in this description?)


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Looks like I didn’t.

      I had it posted in the classifieds, that’s where I had added it, but they killed it (I think they think I’m a business and not just a volvo enthusiast serving the community.)


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    31. #29
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      30
      Ok, thank you for following up. I have a Early 2011 Macbook Pro (A1278) I've used since college and the thing just keeps on ticking.
      I asked for the plug and play campatibility with macbooks to determine if it would work on my actual model instead of having to buy the whole laptop with software.
      But I'm not sure if my Pro can work with Windows 10.

      I just may have to bite the bullet and get another laptop.

    32. #30
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      https://support.twocanoes.com/hc/en-...bile_site=true

      Can you review that list? Does that make sense? Mac isn’t really my thing, but maybe if I can help you along like this, we can make sense of it.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    33. #31
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      30
      I reviewed it. The instructions were correct and I've found I'm running MacBookPro8,1. Never had heard of winclone though.
      Will review best method to install windows on my mac ... parental duties for now. Thanks for the help

    34. #32
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jun 2019
      Location
      Chandler, AZ
      Posts
      30
      So I took a look at going the "windows install on a macbook" route and I don't think it will be worth the trouble taken.
      I will outright purchase a separate laptop(on my own) and then purchase the new VIDA usb drive + DICE unit your facebook is showing you have in stock.
      How does that sound?

    35. #33
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2008
      Location
      Denver, CO
      Posts
      478
      From M.Leavesley in the UK. Thanks for the explanation!

      A Friend asked the difference between Initial State, Unselected CSC and Delivery when fault finding in Vida.

      Initial State is a list of codes from the modules and they are stored in VIDA, if VIDA is not used correctly Initial State can be totally misleading. This is why most people say “what’s on the DELIVERY tab?”

      When you connect a car to VIDA and read the vehicle, if it’s the VERY FIRST time, it reads all the codes in all the modules and stores them in VIDA, this is Initial State.

      You can then clear the codes on the delivery tab, but that does not update Initial State (IS).

      After clearing codes you can update IS by going to Diagnostics, Details, then hit update , this then rescans the car for active faults and updates Initial State.

      You will also be prompted to do UPDATE when reconnecting to a car for a new session. This Will update IS.

      An important thing about IS, is that it holds much more information about the fault code than Delivery Does. How many times its triggered, and a bunch of parameters of data from when it was triggered.

      Unselected CSC is a way of finding the faults by symptom "Customer Symptom Codes". There is a dropdown box that everyone misses. It is very important.

      Another important thing about Unselected CSC is that it easily allows you to get the fault trace for finding and fixing the cause of the error. Find the DTC in the drop down list then hit FAULT TRACE at the bottom.

      Of course, you can also get to this information by searching the DTC with the Search function, or looking it up in the List of DTC’s in Information, Fault Tracing, Diagnostic Trouble Codes and Associated Procedures. Some models also have a Generic ODBII code conversion table here.

      Basically, if you just use Delivery, you are using VIDA as a code reader and not a diagnostics tool and ignoring all the work Volvo have done to help you Fault trace the issue
      06 S60R M66, Passion Red - Mine
      11 XC60 T6 R-Design, Black - Wife's
      08 XC90 V8 Premier, Titanium Gray - Teen's

      Pre-Installed VIDA laptops for sale, plug-n-play with your DICE, lifetime warranty, over 650 satisfied customers!
      https://www.facebook.com/DaveLeachVIDALaptops/

    36. #34

      EBAY sellers of VIDA DICE units

      Hi TacklaNHL,

      If a person is going to go either the new SSD route (which is attractive to me since I already have a perfectly functioning USB-bootable Core 2, 8GB laptop), is there an preferred Ebay seller or sellers we should buy the Vida Dice unit from?

      I can't understand why some VIDA DICE Ebay sellers--- from the U.S.---- are trying to sell theirs at $150-$180 with 2014D software, yet the exact same unit with the exact same software is available (on Ebay---from HongKong/China for only $90-$100.

      Are there different units? They look exactly the same. Descriptions (down to the letter) are basically the same. So what gives?

      If we buy the SSD from you, which VIDA DICE seller should we buy the unit from?


      Thanks for any reply/help.
      (sending this msg to your email too)

    37. #35
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      545
      Quote Originally Posted by riderdedication View Post
      Hi TacklaNHL,

      If a person is going to go either the new SSD route (which is attractive to me since I already have a perfectly functioning USB-bootable Core 2, 8GB laptop), is there an preferred Ebay seller or sellers we should buy the Vida Dice unit from?

      I can't understand why some VIDA DICE Ebay sellers--- from the U.S.---- are trying to sell theirs at $150-$180 with 2014D software, yet the exact same unit with the exact same software is available (on Ebay---from HongKong/China for only $90-$100.

      Are there different units? They look exactly the same. Descriptions (down to the letter) are basically the same. So what gives?

      If we buy the SSD from you, which VIDA DICE seller should we buy the unit from?
      Dave can get you the Dice, too. I bought my whole setup from him (SSD and Dice), and it’s *flawless*. Highly recommended!

      Joe
      2013 XC60 R-Design Platinum - Ice White
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD - Willow Green - Wife's, all stock

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements