Map update for 2011 XC60
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Map update for 2011 XC60

My wife has been asking me to update the navigation maps in her 2011 XC60.

I finally found out how to do it but after using the .exe program to download the map to a 32GB thumb drive, the car says the software is already installed.

Could it be true that there are no new maps for a 6 year old XC60?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by svtfast View Post
      My wife has been asking me to update the navigation maps in her 2011 XC60.

I finally found out how to do it but after using the .exe program to download the map to a 32GB thumb drive, the car says the software is already installed.

Could it be true that there are no new maps for a 6 year old XC60?

I checked again the current map version is 30.16.2.
      My XC60 has 30.10.2.

I am redownloading the map update straight to the reformatted 32GB USB drive. Hopefully that helps but the update program does not say what version it is downloading.

Where do you download the map update?
      2005 S40
      2010 C30 R Design
      2012 XC60 R Design

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

If you follow the instructions you might need to take it to the dealer for a sensus upgrade before it can accept the new map.
      "With new navigation software released as of October 2016, certain Volvos will be eligible to have a software update performed by their authorized Volvo dealer to allow the navigation system to be updated via USB Internet file download instead of via the navigation discs."
      http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9701/

Quote Originally Posted by freddell View Post
      If you follow the instructions you might need to take it to the dealer for a sensus upgrade before it can accept the new map.
      "With new navigation software released as of October 2016, certain Volvos will be eligible to have a software update performed by their authorized Volvo dealer to allow the navigation system to be updated via USB Internet file download instead of via the navigation discs."
      Can I upgrade the software myself? I refuse to pay for an software upgrade just so I can up the maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder999 View Post
      Where do you download the map update?

Can I upgrade the software myself? I refuse to pay for an software upgrade just so I can up the maps.
      You cannot upgrade the IAM software yourself free. You could do it if you had a VIDA subscription and paid for the software. Your dealer will most likely charge you for the software as well as labor to install it. Last one I did took about 5 1/2 hours to do, that was IAM upgrade and then map update. Best to also have a power supply to provide a clean 14.2v 60AMP of power or run the car while doing the map update. Just the map update from USB takes about 4 1/2 hours. Its very time consuming.
      2011 S60 T6 Ember Black/Off Black, P* Tune, TDI-Tuning Box, DO88 Intercooler, IPD DP, Simons Sport Exhaust, IPD rear sway bar, H&R Springs, Bilstein B8's, 19" Polestar Wheels, 90mm Wheel Studs

I'm supposed to get 2 free map updates and have gotten my first update in 2015. Does this still apply and do I have to have a software upgrade first and is that covered for free? Anyone get a Sensus upgrade yet?
      '00 Mystic Silver metallic V70R, Rear Wing, Dolby
      '02 Desert Wind S40 Sports premium/winter pkg
      '12 Savile Gray metallic S60 T5, Premium/Climate/BLIS/City Safety/rear spoiler
      '13 Seashell metallic XC60 T6, Platinum/Climate/BLIS/Polestar-tuned/IPD anti-sway bar
      '16 Seashell metallic S60 T5 AWD (replaced '17 S60)
      '13A DICE/VIDA, x's '93 850 GLT, '04 XC90, '17 S60 T5 (Totaled!)

I checked again the current map version is 30.16.2.
      My XC60 has 30.10.2.

I am redownloading the map update straight to the reformatted 32GB USB drive. Hopefully that helps but the update program does not say what version it is downloading.
      How did it go?

i'm bringing my 2015 in next week for this. I think this patch/update which is free according to my service advisor, basically unlocks the navigation system for future free updates. Normally you need to have the disk with a special software key that relates to your vin somehow, but i think they are getting away from this and allowing free updates on the older systems provided you get the update to allow for it.
      2015 XC60 RD | eibach springs | snabb intake | TDI tune | Niche 21x10 wheels

13. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements