I had an opportunity to test drive both the 2018 S90 T5 Momentum and 2018 XC60 T6 AWD Inscription, and I own the 2013 S60 T5.
The biggest takeaway for me - a new found appreciation for how well my S60 drives and its interior quality.
- Of course the new cars drive great but the difference is not that noticeable....maybe a little less jerky transmission.
- The new ones have great dashboards/center consoles, and tech in general.
- It felt like some of the plastics have been downgraded just little - particularly the plastic edge trim around the center tunnel with the gear shifter.
- S60 gear shifter is nicer!
- S60 feels softer: under butt, back, arm. I had to take a moment to touch the arm rest since it appeared very hard at first in both the S90 and XC60. Might be that they are brand new. They are certainly padded.
- S90 and XC60 headrests are smaller. Seats feel harder but are still very supportive. Not sure how they feel on longer trips. But it was such a relief to sit back into my S60.
- S90 had a plastics outgassing smell. XC60 was pleasant.
- XC60 was not that remarkable in acceleration - considering it had a T6. Still very good but nothing to write home about. But I wonder how XC60 T5 might do? S90 was pretty good for T5.
- Nice headroom in XC60, the seats go way down.
- I didn't miss the HUD in S90, although it's pretty sweet in the XC60.