Oil change, primarily because I had a nuisance oil leak at the drain plug. Replaced a copper compression washer with a fiber washer. Toasted the copper washer trying to anneal it, so had to use what was in the box of bits.
Had some oil filters in my spares. A Fram CH-847 PL that I decided not to use and will probably discard. I used a #551304 (box also marked 6F14C3 -/ 110110Q1) of unknown origin and manufacture. Filters appear very flimsy. I’m not sure how to prime the filter. Will probably pull the plugs and spin the engine until I get oil pressure.
Still fiddling with my parking brake. Added a return spring that was missing where the main cable joins the cables leading to the brakes. But I still can’t get the driver’s side rear to engage fully. I have a missing front anchor point and a rube goldberg repair and I think the cables have a slightly different pull length. But for now, I’m done.
I did add an anti-rattle clip on the brake shoe separating bar and now I simply need to see if there is a torque spec for the castellated nut before finishing up with the hub.
With some JB Weld epoxy, fabricated some shoulder bolts to attach the 3 point seat belts to the B pillars. There is an existing hidden nut in the pillar that I will use, although I think it is only sized at M8 (or perhaps M10). I wish it had more meat, but it is what it is. I should be a bit safer with a shoulder harness.
I had a major snafu rebuilding my race motor for the MGA, so I have been able to continue to devote attention to the PV 444. But first race weekend is in three weeks. Will be running my spare engine.