Our salesman made a mistake on our OSD order, now we're paying for his mistake - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thanks, ig_mb. I hope this is truly a learning experience for William and his dealership... FYI, we've not heard from William once. Perhaps he was instructed to stay out of it by his GSM, we have no way of knowing. However, I can tell you that neither William or the GSM has ever apologized to us or even acknowledged William's role in our OSD fiasco!
      Last edited by JulieK; 09-12-2017 at 10:47 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JulieK View Post
      Thanks, ig_mb. I hope this is truly a learning experience for William and his dealership... FYI, we've not heard from William once. Perhaps he was instructed to stay out of it by his GSM, we have no way of knowing. However, I can tell you that neither William or the GSM has ever apologized to us or even acknowledged William's role in our OSD fiasco!
      Now that seems very suprising to hear.........
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

FDC test track:

From my first OSD I asked about this ... and they told me that the short section of road to the east of the FDC was in fact part of a test track at one time. (You can kind of see this if you look at any aerial photography of the site.)

I had asked if I could take the car over to the current test / driver experience track (about 1500m northwest of the FDC) but they didn't have any arrangements to do that.
      2016 XC90 T8 OSD
      Luminous Sand (719) with Agnes blond / charcoal (UC00) - HUD, wood steering wheel, dark flame birch, air suspension, B & W sound, convenience, vision
      previously: 2013 XC90 OSD - 2007 XC90 OSD - 1991 850

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Julie K, any updates on how and if this all worked out? Did you ever get your car (OSD or replacement)?

Yeah, we ordered Linear Lime in early January and were told “fuggetaboutit”. 😡

Hello, I know it’s been a while, so here’s an update for those interested.

Short version: We completed our OSD trip plus Barcelona add-on in mid-October, the dealership returned our deposit in late December, we’re undecided whether to try OSD again.

Longer version: We spent almost two weeks in Europe and had a blast!! Our trip was SFO --> CPH (3 nights at Marriott) --> BCN (4 nights at Roger Delluria) --> STO (4 nights at Hilton) --> GOT (2 nights at Post) --> CPH --> SFO. We enjoyed doing the FDC tour, but didn’t get to do a test drive at FDC or participate in a car presentation. We toured the Volvo museum but unless you’re really into cars, I suggest touring Gothenburg instead, especially the university area (lots of cute restaurants and shops). Also, if you’re a savvy traveler, I suggest skipping the optional add-on trip through Volvo corporate travel and booking your own travel to BCN or anywhere else, especially if you have status with major hotel chains and can use points/miles for flights and rooms.

It was well worth the additional points to reserve executive rooms at the Marriott and Hilton (very nice rooms with free breakfasts, snacks, happy hour). I would have chosen a different area to stay in BCN if I had booked our own hotel, and air travel from BCN to STO and train travel from STO to GOT was affordable and easy to book. It was also worth paying a bit more to get upgraded seating on Vueling Air from CPH to BCN and BCN to STO.

Once we returned from Europe, we waited for our dealership to contact us about our Linear Lime. They never once reached out to us, so in late December my husband contacted the dealership and told them we wanted our deposit back. It took a few calls, emails and one in-person visit, but they eventually processed our refund (yay!). We’re now trying to decide whether to go the OSD route again with a different build, or go for another car all-together (considering new Tesla S).

For those undecided about Driftwood inlay and the darker leather interior, we rode in a couple of XC60s in Gothenburg with Amber leather and Driftwood interior and the combination looked better than I thought it would! We also rode in a XC60 with Linear Lime and told the driver how lucky he was to have gotten one, lol.

If anyone has any questions about OSD trip logistics or the optional add-on, feel free to reach out. I’m happy to help if I can! 😊

Meanwhile, I’d like to take the opportunity to once again thank all the helpful posters on this board who offered help/support last fall both publicly and privately through PM. I can’t thank you enough for all the great tips and suggestions I received! What an incredible community you have here – thank you again!!!

Many thanks for the update......good luck with your decision!
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4/2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5/2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Awaiting Approval

FlyVolvo dotcom isn't Volvo - if the site is misrepresenting itself don't be surprised when things go wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by JulieK View Post
      Hello everyone.

As much as I've enjoyed getting to know many of you through your incredibly helpful (and thoughtful) forum posts, I'm really hoping I don't have to report any more issues before we leave for our trip on October 5!

1.) I spoke briefly with Barbara this morning. Due to her heavy workload, she hasn't had time to read my forum posts. She checked and she doesn't know who/how our FDC p/u date got changed from October 17 to October 10. Given the transit time and custom delays Volvo has been experiencing, she warned that the OSD car may not arrive at our local dealership until as late as February.

2.) According to Barbara, the factory hopes Linear Lime becomes available some time in November. There's no ETA and it may/may not actually happen.

3.) Volvo is increasing OSD deposits to $3,000 effective October 2017. Also, this may already be in effect now, but there's no longer a grace period for changes to OSD orders. Once you place your order and pay your deposit, absolutely NO changes to the order are allowed.

4.) GSM says it wasn't on their end, so the date change remains a mystery. GSM said he made arrangements for us to drive a MY18 XC60 during our visit. It won't be the dealership's OSD car (GSM said we can't drive it since we don't legally own the car, the dealership does), but Volvo will have a car we can drive around the FDC track. Pardon me if I'll believe it when/if it happens! When I pointed out that what he's saying now directly contradicts the information from him previously (see post #20 above which is an excerpt from my email to GSM which he confirmed), he said he missed that bullet point in my email. This would be the email that was basically 2 very short paragraphs which I cut and paste for post #20 above.

5.) FDC confirmed we can eat come for lunch, tour the factory and visit the Volvo museum on October 18 as planned.

Finally, I'm torn about whether to share this information with you or not, but I feel an obligation to do so given the high praise and specific call-outs recommending William Marks on this thread. FYI, my husband and I worked with William Marks and his dealership in Walnut Creek, California.

I know many of you on this board think very highly of him, and that's why we chose to work with him! That said, after posting this thread I had a few folks reach out to me privately to ask if our salesman was William Marks. It seems they too, experienced some issues, albeit none as extreme as our personal experiences to date.
      Not really surprising. William Marks website flyvolvo dot com is posing as a Volvo OSD website. Many people order through him thinking he's Volvo OSD. Volvo OSD is arranged through your local Volvo dealership. William Marks is a sales person at a dealership with poor ratings in California fraudulently representing himself as VOLVO OSD. If he's fraudulent upfront, what makes you think he's going to do the right thing when things go wrong? I'm sorry he did this to you.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2