Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by tharp518 View Post
      Amazon "New Moon" brand?
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/252094889628?rmvSB=true

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Finally got to doing the rear spoiler today. Gave the surface a good prep, put on the urethane, and on the car. Super stiff immediately and an hour later... no issues. I was afraid of the look ruining the lines, but I spent hours on the web looking at R-Designs and it sold me. Pleased with how it gives a bit more "weight" on the rear design language.

Which part of DE? I got my T5 through OSD and have the "baseball glove" leather interior. I work in Wilmington.
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I live in the Trinity Vicinity neighborhood of downtown Wilmington.

Quote Originally Posted by p.rico View Post
      Finally got to doing the rear spoiler today. Gave the surface a good prep, put on the urethane, and on the car. Super stiff immediately and an hour later... no issues. I was afraid of the look ruining the lines, but I spent hours on the web looking at R-Designs and it sold me. Pleased with how it gives a bit more "weight" on the rear design language.

Looks good! Do you plan to do anything else to the exterior?
      2012 Volvo S60 T5
      Ice White w/ Beechwood Brown/Offblack Leather
      Climate Package, Premium Package
      BLIS, Front & Rear Park Assist, PCC

Quote Originally Posted by tharp518 View Post
      Looks good! Do you plan to do anything else to the exterior?
      I go back and forth on the R-Design diffuser... but am not sold on it yet. I want to see it on another T6 with Njord wheels and the stock front end.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
      2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

I go back and forth on the R-Design diffuser... but am not sold on it yet. I want to see it on another T6 with Njord wheels and the stock front end.

I have a similar setup to you. Although mine is Ice White over Beechwood Brown. I personally do not think the Njord wheels look good in combination with the R-Design rear diffuser. If anything I would do the sports appearance kit which looks amazing with Vibrant Copper
      2012 Volvo S60 T5

I have a similar setup to you. Although mine is Ice White over Beechwood Brown. I personally do not think the Njord wheels look good in combination with the R-Design rear diffuser. If anything I would do the sports appearance kit which looks amazing with Vibrant Copper
      2012 Volvo S60 T5

I like the side skirts but really hate the look of that rear diffuser and front bumper cover... too much CUV cladding aggressiveness going on.

I think I'm keeping things just as is for now and will put the money toward the Polestar tune.

2012 S60 T6 AWD - Vibrant Copper - Premium Package - Climate Package - Multimedia Package - BLIS - Polestar Optimization + Mods galore
      Running intro/install/DIY thread: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...w-S60-T6-Owner!

Wing looks great.. the only thing holding me back from putting one on is that it's another thing to wax around.
      2019 XC40 RD P* & 2013 XC60 T6 P* / 2011 S60 T6 (Traded In)

Went in and finally ripped the front door panels off to do some sound deadening and to fix the annoying rattles in the door panel over bumps.

The biggest culprit of the popping was the "c" chrome on the door panel. I affixed some butyl rope on the contact points where the chrome connects to the panel.

The window and door lock switches also popped a lot. A liberal amount of butyl and CLD tile fixed those issues. I added CLD to the door panel to add some mass on the plastic parts as well.

I must say. I do like the way the door skin has a removable panel covering the exterior door skin. I've never seen that before in any other of my cars. I did not remove it to do anything inside the interior door...maybe in some future where I have time (yeah, right...) I'll take it off and apply some CLD in there.

For now, I just applied the minimum to get the door to thud when knocked. I also put butyl rope around the woofer edge to seal against the door panel.

Definitely a tremendous improvement in woofer playback, previously the door was a rattle nightmare with any bass. Also, the car is solid over bumps and highway gaps.

The only deficiency now is the woofer itself. I toyed with buying a better set of 6.5" woofers, but I think I'll just run the lines to install one of my subs in the trunk. Still need to figure out the logistics (which wires to tap for sound and where, remote turn on, etc).

I purchased a 25 sq. ft. 50 mil kit and in all only used 1/4 of the sheets. I might just throw the rest of these in the trunk floor.

Went in to the dealer for the Polestar Optimization, and software upgrade to allow navigation updates through USB. Also asked them for latest Sensus updates as I was still on Sensus 2.0 and previous owner's dealer(s) never bothered to update to the newest version (I was still on software version OBC2)

I thought it was going to be quick and easy, but turned out to be quite an ordeal on Volvo's part.

Dropped the car off on Wednesday night for Thursday early morning appointment. Received a call on Thursday afternoon to tell me the techs crashed the software trying to install the IAM update. They had to go in and do an IAM/ICM recovery, and installed each of the previous ICM's that hadn't been installed prior to the latest version, then install the IAM upgrade.

Once that was done, they finally started on the Polestar tune on Friday afternoon. Picked up the car, with no Polestar box or badge, then asked for the box, to which they replied they didn't know of a box and that Polestar should be sending me a kit. I email Polestar for the certificate and asked them about the owner's kit. They said the dealer is on the hook for that. After a bit of back and forth in email and on the phone, the dealer finally tracks down the box and gets it from a nearby dealer.

I come and get the box on Tuesday, and open it to discover it's the angled Polestar badge instead of the square one installed for my model year. I called it a day and just installed the angled badge.

To be fair, the dealer did not charge me for any of the IAM/ICM recovery, as covered under "good will" (since the car is out of warranty). Sensus was updated to version 1210 and works so much more intuitively now. The fuel statistic meters are a nice bonus, and the map install took 2 hours while driving to work and back.

If anyone needs the part number for reference...

Software update to allow nav updates through USB: Part number 31285187
      Last edited by p.rico; 10-12-2017 at 05:40 AM.

Regardless of not getting the "correct" kit for my vintage, the angled badge does look nice with the older font. I plan on updating the S60 and T6 badges to the newer font design.

Got the chance to do a quick 0-60 MPH for a comparison before and after the Polestar tune. All of these runs were done on the exact same spot and captured with OBDII/Dashcommand. The best I obtained previously was a 5.66 s (most other runs were between 5.7-5.8 s). My first try after the tune yielded a 5.21 s. Not bad for a 3800 lb lump w/ a slushbox.

Last edited by p.rico; 10-13-2017 at 05:43 AM.

Got a box full of SMD LED's this weekend.

The whole list of replacements included:

(2x) 3710-CWHP3-V2: 3710 LED Bulb - 3 SMD LED Festoon - 38mm - Cool White
      • Both license plate bulbs

(1x) 3710-CWHP6-V2: 3710 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Festoon - 38mm - Cool White
      • Trunk bulb

(10x) 194-CWHP5: 194 LED Bulb - 5 SMD LED Tower - Miniature Wedge Retrofit - Cool White
      • 4 map lights
      • 2 dome lights
      • 2 puddle lights
      • 2 footwell bulbs

(1x) 4210-CWHP6-V2: 6451 LED Bulb - 6 SMD LED Festoon - 42mm - Cool White
      • Glove box light

Also, for the map and dome lights, you need these adapters:

(6x) T3.25S-TW: 168/194/921 (T3-1/4) Twist Lock Wedge Base Socket - T3.25 Socket

Did all the installs this weekend, pretty mindless if you know what you're doing.

The puddle lights took the longest, not because they were difficult, but because one of puddle light clips was being stubborn. One light took me 2-3 minutes, while the other one took me 15 minutes... I had to resort to getting help from my dad, who pushed the clip in with the screwdriver, while I pried from the bottom of the puddle light with a plastic pry tool.

For the footwells, I found it easier to unclip the light carriage from the dash panel for install. Again, not hard. The inside map+dome lights are unreal... I almost feel like they're too much in the pitch dark of the morning when I enter the car.

>> (which wires to tap for sound and where, remote turn on, etc).

Thread on subwoofer here has some links to the wiring diagrams, where to draw power in the trunk, etc:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...orcessor-(DSP)

This one has wiring:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...to-the-Low-End

Note: Photobucket now wants $400/year to serve photos. If you use chrome, use this plug-in to bypass all of that so the images in it are visible: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

I've since replaced the woofer with a 4 ohmMW Audio MW-5010. The Fosgate amp I used kept failing and I ended up using the MS8 DSP's lower power amp. The MW Audio is very efficient and plays pretty loud with just 20 watts from the DSP.
      2011 S60 T6, Flamenco Red / Biege, Polestar Tune; 1998 V70 T5.
      Previous (sold): 95 855 GLT; 98 S70 T5M; 2000 S40; 2006 XC90 Ocean Race

Quote Originally Posted by krn View Post
      >> (which wires to tap for sound and where, remote turn on, etc).

Thread on subwoofer here has some links to the wiring diagrams, where to draw power in the trunk, etc:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...orcessor-(DSP)

This one has wiring:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...to-the-Low-End

Note: Photobucket now wants $400/year to serve photos. If you use chrome, use this plug-in to bypass all of that so the images in it are visible: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...bifiaedg?hl=en

I've since replaced the woofer with a 4 ohmMW Audio MW-5010. The Fosgate amp I used kept failing and I ended up using the MS8 DSP's lower power amp. The MW Audio is very efficient and plays pretty loud with just 20 watts from the DSP.
      krn, thanks for that photobucket extension, totally made all the older threads, such as yours, that much more useful!

I will have to take a look to see where you tapped for the 40A circuit, I already have a JL 10" microsub, so I just need to get an efficient D amp with 150-200W RMS for the power (left the 5 channel amp my previous car when I sold it).

You're an asset, thanks for your posts and keep up the good work.
      2015.5 Twlight Bronze/Hazel XC70 T6 Platinum
      2006 Ice White/Oak XC70
      Former: 2009 Mystic Silver/Graphite S60 2.5T Advanced
      2004 Ash Gold/Taupe S60 2.5T, Polar White/Charcoal 854R, 2016 Passion Red/Off-black S60 T5 R-Design, 1996 Bright Red 855R, 2003 Silver V70 T5, 2012 Black Sapphire C30 T5 R-Design 6MT P*

These two google searches will also find wiring diagrams for 2011 T6 and 2012 supplement:

volvo "TP 39203202"

volvo "TP 39204202"

Quote Originally Posted by Denton View Post
      You're an asset, thanks for your posts and keep up the good work.
      Thanks goes to you guys here, I've gotten a bunch of help on things I've been wanting to do, and am just hoping to add to the knowledge base for others.

These two google searches will also find wiring diagrams for 2011 T6 and 2012 supplement:

volvo "TP 39203202"

volvo "TP 39204202"
      Thanks again, those are super in depth!

Received a lot of good stuff on Friday from Amazon, and did some work on Saturday before the heavy Nor'Easter rains came through. I purchased several of the Chinese-sourced interior add-ons/decorations that you can find on Aliexpress and eBay.

The cupholder console area plastics were a bit gouged up, and it was bothering me a bit (or maybe more than a bit), so I purchased a set of the stainless steel overlays to go over them. There are a few vendors selling overlays that cover just the top surface, but this one covered the top and sides. Wasn't really sure I wanted the area to have that look, but it's not all that intrusive of a change and think it fits well. The metal surfaces are nice and smooth (they came covered in plastic, which was nice), and came with VHB applied. The surface sheen is not a perfect match for the stainless around the shifter area, but with all the different metal and plastic textures in the cabin, it actually looks like a good fit.

I purchased the door pull storage tray inserts from another vendor on Amazon. I had no real rhyme or reason for choosing this one versus the countless others, besides the fact that they seemed to have better reviews. I didn't necessarily buy them for the storage, I was hoping that they would give that door pull area a bit more rigidity. They fit in the spot really nicely and make the door feel very different when pulling from there to close it. The plastics there like to flex and pop, a lot, especially when you're closing the door and over bumps. I think I've narrowed it down to the door switch panels and the plastic to plastic contact between them and the rest of the door card. I plan on pulling the door cards in the future and popping some butyl on those mating joints, which should solve the problem.

The last item was the console box storage tray. I hadn't necessarily needed this item, but figured why not... Again, there were a ton of sellers for this, but this one seemed to have better reviews (some complained about one being smelly from the manufacturing process/materials). It fits in there nicely with no play and actually is useful for some.

Lastly I did the cabin air filter. Wasn't terrible, but being an engineer, I'd love to speak to whoever thought that placing the receptacle at bottom back end of the dash console was the best design approach...

Last edited by p.rico; 10-30-2017 at 01:33 PM.

Hi p.rico,

Do you have some links to the first three products? I'm interested in the same for my S60 (don't need the cabin filter...was just done).

Thanks
      In the driveway: 2012 S60 T6 AWD | Black/Beechwood | Premium/Climate/Convenience Packages | BLIS | Sunroof | Active Bending Bi-Xenon | iPd Skid Plate | TFT DIM upgrade (mine), ... Former - 2006 S40 2.4i M56
      2009 Acura RDX & 1995 Celica GT Convertible (wife), 2017 GMC Sierra SLE | Elevation Edition | Crew Cab (son)

Quote Originally Posted by msmith View Post
      Hi p.rico,

Do you have some links to the first three products? I'm interested in the same for my S60 (don't need the cabin filter...was just done).

Thanks
      Sure thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Received my certificate from Polestar yesterday.

Thanks p.rico,

Appreciate the links.
      In the driveway: 2012 S60 T6 AWD | Black/Beechwood | Premium/Climate/Convenience Packages | BLIS | Sunroof | Active Bending Bi-Xenon | iPd Skid Plate | TFT DIM upgrade (mine), ... Former - 2006 S40 2.4i M56
      2009 Acura RDX & 1995 Celica GT Convertible (wife), 2017 GMC Sierra SLE | Elevation Edition | Crew Cab (son)

Got the chance to do a quick 0-60 MPH for a comparison before and after the Polestar tune. All of these runs were done on the exact same spot and captured with OBDII/Dashcommand. The best I obtained previously was a 5.66 s (most other runs were between 5.7-5.8 s). My first try after the tune yielded a 5.21 s. Not bad for a 3800 lb lump w/ a slushbox.
      So close to 5.0... Where's a DSG when you need one?

>> Where's a DSG when you need one?

You could start in second (no shift up to 60MPH that way).

>> Where's a DSG when you need one?

You could start in second (no shift up to 60MPH that way).
      I tried from 2nd today, and it kicked it back down to 1st for me... either way, still got a 5.22.

I bought the Powerflex Torque Rod bushings and popped them in a few days ago. My torque rod was in OK shape, but decided to go ahead and get these in regardless.

I bought the street (yellow PU) version, #PFF88-1030.

The installation was super quick and simple, but I'll put it up here to help those who might be apprehensive to do it.

You'll need two tools:
      - 8 mm box wrench
      - 15 mm box wrench

Ideally, you should get some ratcheting wrenches, because ratcheting is easier.

First thing you need to do is take the 8 mm wrench and remove the bolt holding the coolant reservoir onto the chassis.

Once you do that, remove the coolant reservoir from the slot holding it in place. You just pull up until it detaches.

Once that is loosened, the coolant reservoir will be still attached to the lines feeding it, but you just need to be able to pull it up a bit for the next part, which is removing the bolt holding the torque rod to the engine block. Take your 15 mm wrench and go at it.

The bolt is long, so at some point you'll need to pull the reservoir up, so you can reach under and fully thread out the bolt.

Once that is done, all you need to do now is pull the torque rod up. As you can see, mine has some small tears in the thin spots, but the two main blocks are still intact and in good condition (no cracking or drying). Again, I wasn't having any major issues prior to this, but wanted to go ahead and fill the space for longevity of the torque rod and the improved stiffness that PU bushings bring.

When ready, take your two PU insert halves and grease up the mating surfaces with the supplied grease and slip them right on the torque rod.

Now all you do is reverse the install... put the torque rod in place, tighten down the large bolt, slot the reservoir back in and attach the chassis bolt.

In all I'd say it was worth the $45 I spent on the bushing. The delivery felt a bit more immediate and stiff when I mashed the gas and the car dropped gears, and there's no added noise or vibration besides more feeling of the engine on the wheel during idle.

Just in from eBay! Hopeful to get it in on my lazy Friday (it's going to be cold out!)

Got a chance to put in the 2013 shifter assembly today. It looks tremendously better than the old 90's style gate and knob.

I learned a bit from some of the people in the S80 forum, but had to figure some things out along the way. I'll probably put together a DIY thread later with all the images of the process.

Nicely done!
      2016 V60CC T5 5 Cyl/Crystal White/Plat/BLIS/Conv/Climate/Tech/Moose magnets

Quote Originally Posted by william9 View Post
      Nicely done!
      Thanks!

I put up a (mostly) step by step guide today for those interested: https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...011-2012-S60-s

Excellent DIY!! Not sure if I missed it, but do the newer cars, 2014-2018 have the power connection/wire since the OEM knob for these does not light up?
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '20 GLC 43 AMG
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat
      '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat | ’07 S40 T5

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast