Exploring offsets...Is track width the same for pre-face lift and post-face lift S60's?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Exploring offsets...Is track width the same for pre-face lift and post-face lift S60's?

I'm exploring options on wheel offsets - I'm not trying to get 'hellaflush', but want to push the wheels out more as they are very sunken on my '15 S60RD. I also plan to run H&R springs for a mild drop. I really like Connor's S60 wheel offset setup in post 196 of this thread:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ghlight=cmod_r

If I read correctly, he's at effectively -20mm offset from stock in the front and -26mm offset from stock in back (ET45 8" wheels PLUS 10mm spacer front and 16mm spacer rear). And he's pretty low on KWs.

Then I'm comparing that to Satchel's V60 setup which is 8" wheels at ET42 (-13mm offset from stock front and rear): see post 141 at this thread:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...o-Thread/page5

Satchels setup is not quite as flush as Connor's, but it looks pretty close. It sure doesn't look like he'd have an additional 13 mm of room to move that rear wheel outward and still be able to tuck tire, which is what I believe Connor is doing on his S60. I know pictures/angles/lighting can make these gaps hard to judge, and maybe that explains the difference I'm seeing, but I have to wonder if this is an apples to apples comparison. ie: Is the stock track width the same for pre-face lift ('11-'13) P3 cars as the post-face lift ('14+) cars? And is the track different between S60 and V60? Or maybe I'm just thick and missing something else here. Thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Not sure about the earlier cars vs later but since the late model S60 & V60 use the same wheels, I can't imagine there's a difference in track.
      2016 XC70 2.5L T5 AWD, Platinum, Seashell/black, ipd rear bar, Curt hitch and wiring
      Previous Volvos: '16 V60CC, ours; 7? 245DL & '6? 145DL, hers; '68 122S Wagon, his.
      Non-Volvos previously owned: waaay too many to list here.

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      Not sure about the earlier cars vs later but since the late model S60 & V60 use the same wheels, I can't imagine there's a difference in track.
      You are probably right about that, and if there is a difference between early/late cars, it can't be much.

Anyone else have experience with a wheel setup with offset less than 42mm (stock is 55mm)? Or some other combination of wheels + spacers to give less offset?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

40mm offset is not a problem on the RD stock setup. I'm running 50 atm with 10mm spacers (for both front and rear) on their way.
      I've done a test fit beforehand this winter with a set of Borbet XRT's (ET40) equipped with brand new winter tires (they seem to have a higher thread profile, thus a larger total radius) for a couple of days and had no problems whatsoever.
      '13 S60 D5 AWD, RD, Polestar optimized, visually enhanced.
      ex: '12 C30, D3, RD, stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom2769 View Post
      I'm exploring options on wheel offsets - I'm not trying to get 'hellaflush', but want to push the wheels out more as they are very sunken on my '15 S60RD. I also plan to run H&R springs for a mild drop. I really like Connor's S60 wheel offset setup in post 196 of this thread:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ghlight=cmod_r

If I read correctly, he's at effectively -20mm offset from stock in the front and -26mm offset from stock in back (ET45 8" wheels PLUS 10mm spacer front and 16mm spacer rear). And he's pretty low on KWs.

Then I'm comparing that to Satchel's V60 setup which is 8" wheels at ET42 (-13mm offset from stock front and rear): see post 141 at this thread:

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...o-Thread/page5

Satchels setup is not quite as flush as Connor's, but it looks pretty close. It sure doesn't look like he'd have an additional 13 mm of room to move that rear wheel outward and still be able to tuck tire, which is what I believe Connor is doing on his S60. I know pictures/angles/lighting can make these gaps hard to judge, and maybe that explains the difference I'm seeing, but I have to wonder if this is an apples to apples comparison. ie: Is the stock track width the same for pre-face lift ('11-'13) P3 cars as the post-face lift ('14+) cars? And is the track different between S60 and V60? Or maybe I'm just thick and missing something else here. Thoughts?
      You keeping stock tire sizes?

I would consider the H&R's more than a mild drop; at least another 15mm lower than the RD springs, seems more. I have the KPAX BBS wheels also 19x8 ET42, and they are about flush with the front and probably 5-8mm inside the back. The issue with the back, is that there is the protruding plastic fender insert at the inside top of the wheel opening, so when lowered you'll rub that. Will have to file down or remove it. I have the stock RD suspension but my tires, 245/40-19, are taller than stock (~8mm) so they rubbed before I did some filing. I personally would not go any further out in the front than ET40 with 8" wide rim, if you go H&R, and you could probably get away with a 5-8mm spacer in the back on stock tires. If you want to go wider tires, 245/35-19 should be safe, but very firm.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      You keeping stock tire sizes?

I would consider the H&R's more than a mild drop; at least another 15mm lower than the RD springs, seems more. I have the KPAX BBS wheels also 19x8 ET42, and they are about flush with the front and probably 5-8mm inside the back. The issue with the back, is that there is the protruding plastic fender insert at the inside top of the wheel opening, so when lowered you'll rub that. Will have to file down or remove it. I have the stock RD suspension but my tires, 245/40-19, are taller than stock (~8mm) so they rubbed before I did some filing. I personally would not go any further out in the front than ET40 with 8" wide rim, if you go H&R, and you could probably get away with a 5-8mm spacer in the back on stock tires. If you want to go wider tires, 245/35-19 should be safe, but very firm.
      Thanks for your response - good info. I'm keeping stock tire sizes for now (235/45/18). I've got 18K miles on the car, and cant see making a change until the current P7s are closer to tread-free. When it's time for new tires, I'll consider going to 19's. I really like the KPAX BBS that you have. I bought my first Volvo and found swedespeed shortly after that great deal ($295/wheel, I think!?) on the KPAX wheels expired - bummer. Or I'd love to find a set of used Heico Volution VII's - they are just too pricey new. If I stick with stock wheels instead of 19s, I'll likely go with the wider 245/40/18 tire size. Your point about the differing tracks on these cars front to rear is one of the main things I'll try to correct with spacers and/or future different wheels. Good to know an ET40 on 8" wide will work. That means that one option that should work with stock (or any other ET55 8-inchers) is a 10mm front and 15mm rear spacer. My preference would be 15mm front and 20mm rear, but I haven't seen hubcentric spacers in 20mm for this car (and I know I'd have to address the liner/rear fender lip if I went that far). If I go with an ET42 (or ET40) wheel, I'll have to look for a hubcentric 5-8mm spacer for the rear - I've seen 10mm hubcentrics, but nothing narrower yet. I am open to removing that rear plastic liner and rolling any metal lip that is remaining there. I've not explored the plastic rear liner yet - can it be removed with reasonable effort? Or can enough clearance be had by filing? Also, My buddy has an Eastwood fender roller and I've used it on 2 previous cars with good results, so that is an option I can tackle.

As far as the 'mild' H&R drop - true, it may be a bit more than mild, but I guess I'm comparing it to my ISF with KW's, which is lower than all the pics I've seen of S60's with H&R's. And from what I've read on here, it sounds like the ride is still relatively close to stock with these springs...

Here's another interesting wheel option. Assuming something could be done with the center cap:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-NEW-19-FOR...9ZXlQi&vxp=mtr

19x8", 5x108, Hub bore 63.4 and ET52.5...

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements