VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link

First and foremost, we are a community that supports each other wilfully. Because of the help I've received here, I decided to return that to the whole community. I use a 4K display so you MIGHT need to change the resolution on first boot with your machine to adjust to size if you are not using a 4K equivalent. When logging in, use 'admin' or '1'. Enjoy!

I've built a new ISO for those that want to directly install on their systems with the updates and my redesigned interface already applied. It also contains all the needed files for the install whether on 32bit or 64bit and all 3 patches for the different ways to install... (32bit, 64bit, 32bit installed on 64bit system)

Virtual Machine System Minimum Recommendations:
      CPU: Intel i3-2100 or better (64bit required)
      RAM: 6GB RAM
      HARD DRIVE: 40GB free space

USB Editions System Minimum Recommendations:
      CPU: Intel Core2Duo or better (32bit capable)
      RAM: 3GB RAM
      STORAGE DEVICE: 32GB or better USB 3.0 (Recommend SanDisk Extreme)
      Legacy Boot Mode Support (UEFI won't boot)

Patches, Documents & Walk-throughs can be downloaded from any of the download links below

Download Links:

Image Download - (Google Drive) - Download Here
      VMWare Player - VMware Player
      VirtualBox - VirtualBox Image Here
      7-ZIP - You'll need this

For direct installs, just download the file 2014D Installer.7z. This file contains everything you should need to install including patches and updates.

Virtual Machine Setup:

1. Download the virtual machine 7zip image
      2. Download VMWare Player or VMWare Fusion. This will depend on which OS you have running.
      3. If you have Windows but don’t have 7zip. Download it. I believe most Linux distros support 7z files out of the box or can be easily installed via the Software Centre. If you are on Mac OS, you can use ‘The Unarchiver’ available via the App Store.
      4. Once you have everything downloaded, install your hypervisor of choice. This would be VMWare Player or Fusion. Advanced users can use virtual box with minor modifications I believe.
      5. Extract the 7z image file you downloaded to a contained folder. The password is V0lv02Rule You can run it from this location or move it to another location. Doesn’t matter.
      6. Locate the file ‘Service Machine.vmx’ and double click on this file. It will open your hypervisor. You may be asked if you copied or moved this. Just click moved.
      7. If you want to adjust the VM image settings now if the time to do so. Things like number of cores dedicated to the VM and how much RAM you want it to be allowed to use.
      8. Make sure you set the USB setting up to match your machine. If you plug the DICE into a USB 2.0 port it needs to be USB 2.0. If you use a USB 3.0 port, it needs to be set to USB 3.0
      9. Run it and enjoy.

USB Image Setup: (For more advanced users)

1. Download the image from the builds folder
      2. Download the USB Imaging Tool.zip file from tools folder
      3. If you have Windows but don’t have 7zip. Download it. I believe most Linux distros support 7z files out of the box or can be easily installed via the Software Centre. If you are on Mac OS, you can use ‘The Unarchiver’ available via the App Store.
      4. Once you have everything downloaded, extract the USB Imaging Tool.
      5. Run the tool. Select your USB drive from the list on the left. Click Restore. A window will open to locate the IMZ file. In the bottom right is a drop down menu, change it to 'Compressed (zip) image files'. Locate the folder where you downloaded to and select the IMZ file. Click yes to restore and overwrite the USB drive.
      6. Run it and enjoy.

Extras, Tools & Documents Available:

Volvo 2014D UX3 Update
      Volvo 2014D Wiring Diagram ISO
      Volvo Transmission Adaptation
      USB Image Install Process

Questions & Answers:

Q: My system specs are... Which one should I run.
      A: Which ever one you want, system specs are based on the one you choose to run. Virtual Machine is the easiest to get up and running and requires the least amount of effort from you.

Q: Are the system requirements actually what's required to run?
      A: Yes and No. For the virtual machine no. You could have less RAM and a slower processor and it will still run. For the USB images, yes without more modification of the images.

Q: Unable to open the file Service Machine.7z
      A: Download 7-Zip from the link above AND make sure you have the password

Q: How do I log in?
      A: Use 'admin' and press enter. You can also use 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5.

Q: How do I go about checked the MD5 or SHA256 to ensure I have downloaded without error?
      A: I recommend Quickhash-GUI. If you have a Mac or run Linux, they both have md5sum built in but require CLI knowledge so I won't recommend it.

Q: I have logged in, my DiCE unit is detected but I can't click on diagnosis tab. Did I do something wrong?
      A: Most likely, you have not selected all the options for the vehicle profile.

Q: Does the VMWare image support 32bit?
      A: NO! But the USB edition does

Q: I'm on a Mac and can't find VMWare Player for it, what do I use?
      A: You'll need to obtain a copy of VMWare Fusion

Q: Will there be a VirtualBox version?
      A: It is very likely just to help out the Mac users...

Q: What are the system requirements?
      A: System requirements are for the VMWare image is a 64bit dual-core processor and 4GB RAM. Please know that with 4GB of RAM, you will be moving SLOWLY. I recommend at least 6Gb RAM. If you only meet the minimum requirements, try directly installing.

Q: I have 7-zip and it is giving me errors extracting the files. What is going on?
      A: Double check that the download completed correctly. You can do this using the MD5 Hash posted above.

Q: Why doesn't the VMware Image detect my DiCE unit?
      A: The VMware Image may be configured for different USB specifications than the port you are trying to use. If you have a system with USB 3.x, you need to make sure the 'Machine Settings' reflect a USB 3.x bus. Same with USB 2.0. Depending on the build of the VM depends on which USB port revision was set to. Drivers have already be install for the Intel buses.

Q: I've installed an update or patch but nothing happened?
      A: Try rebooting, if that didn't work, make sure you used the right one. If it still doesn't work, ask for help.

Q: I have a 32GB USB flash drive but it won't fit. What do I do?
      A: While in the USB Flash Tool, click on the options tab. Select the option to truncate the image.

Q: I would like to print but it doesn't see my printer?
      A: Turns out VMWare printer support blocks VIDA from running when you have their driver installed. To get around this, share your printer to the network so that the VM will see it as a network printer and then you can print to it.

Change-log:

VIDA VM with Windows 10 - [21 February, 2019]

New virtual machine built and released running on Windows 10. Hilton Tuning's NEW flashing software with cloud support added. Pre-configured with USB 3.0 support.

VIDA 2014D Update UX2 - [11 January, 2018]

Updated interface, more modern and more responsive for higher resolution screens.

VIDA USB Edition RC3 - [6 January, 2018]

With RC3, it still uses a VHDX image format, but can now be deployed with minutes depending on the speed of your flash drive and computer. It's all contained in an IMZ container that your flash to a 32GB flash drive and go!

VIDA License Patch RC3 - [6 January, 2018]

Fixed issue with RC2 on x86 not applying new license.

VIDA License Patch RC2 - [5 January, 2018]

New VIDA License Patches. Self installing with IE Hosting fix.

VIDA VMware Image Edition v2 - [31 December, 2017]

All Windows updates have been completed. VIDA License has been updated to expire 31 December, 2020. Cleaned up system. Removed unnecessary clutter. Download size is down from 7.6GB to 6.9GB, extracted is down from 28GB to 21GB. Hilton Tuning program is on the desktop for those who have a subscription for it mainly because I forgot to remove it before uploading.

Fixed Download Links - [20 December, 2017]

VIDA TIB Edition v 0.RC2 - [19 December, 2017]

This version does use TrueImage. By using TrueImage, you are using the entire USB for the image as if it was a hard drive.

VIDA USB Edition v 0.RC2 - [17 December, 2017]

With RC2, I've changed the entire deployment scheme. It uses a VHDX image format. It does NOT use TrueImage. There will be a dedicated TrueImage version soon. Instead it will be using Easy2Boot. So shout out to those blokes.

VIDA USB Edition v 0.RC1 - [14 December, 2017]

Initial build. Completely scrapped.

VMWare Edition - [29 August, 2017]

Initial build.

Please do not private message me requesting help or to ask questions regarding the different version. Ask here in the thread. It might be helpful for someone else. Private messages are for private stuff.

Last edited by roxanaschram; 06-06-2019 at 11:19 AM.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Should mention that the login for the VIDA All-In-One is just "1"
      2012 S60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar Tune
      • H&R Lowering Springs
      • Elevate Sway Bar
      • Elevate Carbon Fibre Intake
      • Alexander Performance Turbo-back Exhaust
      • Hilton Stage 2+
      • Polestar Accessories

1997 960 Wagon
      1996 850R Wagon - Sold

Follow my builds at http://www.boostmoose.com

I use admin or 1. Both work for me.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thank you !

Super! Thanks a lot. Gonna download right now :-)

You guys are welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      You guys are welcome!
      Any Idea where to get a 32-bit version of the VMWare Workstation Player? I'm not as computer savvy as I thought I was, I guess....The link provided goes directly to a 64-bit Win download page.

Thanks....

Quote Originally Posted by mat68046 View Post
      Any Idea where to get a 32-bit version of the VMWare Workstation Player? I'm not as computer savvy as I thought I was, I guess....The link provided goes directly to a 64-bit Win download page.

Thanks....
      There isn't one. It's a 64bit program.
      EDIT: It's only a 64bit program because to have enough memory to successfully run your OS and the program, you need a 64bit OS to utilize that amount of memory.

https://superuser.com/questions/1004...-bit-windows-7
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

If you need a 32bit install, the only good option I can give you is to install directly onto your 32bit system. As TheStillMan has pointed out, no 32bit version of VMW Player. I'll be happy to help you get it running on your system directly.

So what is the Vida All-In-One? This is the first I've seen it called that, is it something different than the Vida subscription?
      2010 XC60 T6 Sapphire Black Metallic (TFT DIM retrofit, DynoMax muffler, Eibach lowering springs & Koni struts, HardRace adjustable rear toe arms)
      2004 Subaru Legacy Outback wagon 2.5 White Frost Pearl (Also mine) | 2011 Chevy Equinox LT1 AWD Olympic White (Hers)

It's the offline software for use with the DiCE unit. Its the app that access all the data that was downloaded to the computer when you install from the DVD... All the rest are useless...

I"m having some trouble. I also am not so savy as I though

Im running a mac. Using paralell to run Win 7. No probs. Have VM player on it. No probs. Downloaded your files, got all installed. Then when I got to open it VMplayer tells me the file is too big..

Any ideas?

I've played with the Ram setting in Parallel an VMplayer... I just want VIDA to work.

I've applied patches and fixes online. Anyone?

I use VMware Fusion on the Mac. No need to run a VM inside of a VM/Hypervisor.

I use VMware Fusion on the Mac. No need to run a VM inside of a VM/Hypervisor.
      Thanks a million! This was exactly what I needed for this file. I'm now not running a double instance of windows and have a ton more resources available. Vida is working well so far and I have about 10 times the battery time on my Mac using it now with this setup. Thanks again!

Now I'll be posting all sorts of Vida questions

cheers

Vida VM

Hi roxanaschram,

thanks for the great work making the VM.
      At first I had some problems with the extraction not completing properly, but in the end everything works. (Ubuntu 16.04, Virtualbox).

On the windows desktop I see 4 Vida programs.
      All in one works with user "1", but for admin en configuration and on Web I seem to miss to correct user/pswd combination.

Can you help with that?

Kind regards
      Rob, Netherlands

Volvo S60 2004 370.000 KM

Scuby... No problem! Glad I can help! Cheers!

tattvamasi/Rob... Those are not usable unless you actually have a shop with subscription. The only thing you can use is the all in one. Admin and 1 work for logging in to that one.

I am.currently running a vmware 2014d, that the ebay seller.sent me.with the dice.

I will.perform engine swap on rhe R next week and just saw that,the virtual machine i got has no admin rights.

I cant add a printer to the vm to print the procedures.
      Can you confirm yours has the admin rights set for the vida user?

You would save the day!

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
      SOLD AWD s70 70: Winter Beater
      2005 V70R : Daily Driver
      2006 XC90 2.5 Ocean Race: Wife's car

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by arvidalex View Post
      I am.currently running a vmware 2014d, that the ebay seller.sent me.with the dice.

I will.perform engine swap on rhe R next week and just saw that,the virtual machine i got has no admin rights.

I cant add a printer to the vm to print the procedures.
      Can you confirm yours has the admin rights set for the vida user?

You would save the day!

If by "admin rights" you mean the ability to program modules, then no: none of them have that built in. It's software yes, but it's web based so that it cannot be cracked. That the access can be monitored. The only way to get access as an admin to program modules etc. is to have a license directly from volvo. You can get a 2 day one for around 60 euro's. If you go for a year it's seveal thousand.

If you just mean how to log in, and using "admin" as a login password I can confirm this version works with admin.

However, if you just read on post directly above yours the exact same question has been answered!
      Last edited by scuby; 11-15-2017 at 02:32 AM.
      2004 V40 1.8 n/a
      2000 v70 2.4t auto
      1993 245 b230fk, minor mods
      1981 244 b23ET 3" catless
      1967 Volvo Amazon Combi T5 2.3 20v project
      1962 Volvo Amazon 121 v6 supercharged 5spd project

Quote Originally Posted by scuby View Post
      If by "admin rights" you mean the ability to program modules, then no: none of them have that built in. It's software yes, but it's web based so that it cannot be cracked. That the access can be monitored. The only way to get access as an admin to program modules etc. is to have a license directly from volvo. You can get a 2 day one for around 60 euro's. If you go for a year it's seveal thousand.

If you just mean how to log in, and using "admin" as a login password I can confirm this version works with admin.

However, if you just read on post directly above yours the exact same question has been answered!
      Sorry for my bad explanation.
      There is what i mean:
      Admin rights on THE VIRTUAL MACHINE

The ability to add printers/connect the vm to the network.
      The version i got wont have the usual control panel/windows spooler is deactivated /cant change user login.

Can it be done on yours?

Sorry for my bad explanation.
      There is what i mean:
      Admin rights on THE VIRTUAL MACHINE

The ability to add printers/connect the vm to the network.
      The version i got wont have the usual control panel/windows spooler is deactivated /cant change user login.

Can it be done on yours?

Right click on it and make click "run as Admin"

also make sure you have admin rights in the user profile. I haven't tried printing, although I can't imagine it being a problem.
      2004 V40 1.8 n/a
      2000 v70 2.4t auto
      1993 245 b230fk, minor mods
      1981 244 b23ET 3" catless
      1967 Volvo Amazon Combi T5 2.3 20v project
      1962 Volvo Amazon 121 v6 supercharged 5spd project

Quote Originally Posted by scuby View Post
      Right click on it and make click "run as Admin"

also make sure you have admin rights in the user profile. I haven't tried printing, although I can't imagine it being a problem.
      Amazing!

it's downloading, and i'll update when tested !

Amazing!

it's downloading, and i'll update when tested !

Everything worked as it should,at least for the standalone vida.
      Vm connects to the network, admin mode is working,accessible control panel.

Instructions printed.
      I will try to hook the dice when i have time

VIDA-Dice-2014D-VM-Image-Download-Link

Can I use this on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?

VIDA-Dice-2014D-VM-Image-Download-Link

Created an VMware image that you can download and run using VMWare's free program called "VMWare Workstation Player". Compressed the file is 7.8GB, extracted it is 28GB. It's Windows 7 Pro 32bit, 4GB ram dedicated, 2 cores dedicated. Just download, extract, install VMWare Player and run. VMware Player is available for Windows and Linux 64bit. If you use a Mac, please use VMware Fusion. Sadly Fusion is not free. If would like to see a VirtualBox version, please leave a comment below. I have a 4K display so you MIGHT need to change the resolution on first boot with your machine to adjust to size if you are not using a 4K equivalent . When logging in, use 'admin' or '1'. The only app you can use, and thankfully need to use is the 'all-in-one'. The rest on the desktop are pointless. If you wish to insure that your download completely without errors or issues, below is the MD5 hash. Enjoy!

2014D Image - Download Here.
      MD5 (Service Machine.7z) = cd289736196cf08f0f6a35df3b25eab6
      Password is V0lv02Rule

VMWare Player - Download Here

NOTE: If you don't have it, get it. 7-ZIP - http://7-zip.org/. You'll need it to extract the image.
      Can I use it on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoobydad View Post
      Can I use this on my laptop with Windows 10 professional?
      As long as your laptop meets the requirements for Windows 10, VMware Player with the dedicated specs. I recommend no less than 6GB ram and Intel dual core i3. This is because you are running 2 copies of windows 10, plus VMware...
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

Download link

Hi there!

Trying to use yhe downloadlink for VIda but it seems to be corrupt, or am i doing something wrong perhaps??

Quote Originally Posted by voret76 View Post
      Hi there!

Trying to use yhe downloadlink for VIda but it seems to be corrupt, or am i doing something wrong perhaps??
      It's hosted on Onedrive, did you log in with a Microsoft account, or create one to log in with?
      You'll also need a program to unzip the file, 7zip, winrar, etc would do.

Red face As i suspected

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      It's hosted on Onedrive, did you log in with a Microsoft account, or create one to log in with?
      You'll also need a program to unzip the file, 7zip, winrar, etc would do.
      I did not log in so that was of course the problem...
      Thanks anyway for quick reply.

A word of caution: I have Windows 10 64 bit running on an old laptop with the Intel Pentium P6100 procesor and this processor does not support VT, thus I get the error [ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU-unable to boot]. I also run Linux 64 bit with virtual box and get the same error there. So, I believe it is the processor.

32 bit upload

Hey there
      Thanks roxanaschram for posting this ImG
      I'm not very computer savvy... but i went ahead and bought a Chinese Dice from AliBabba and the software disks are corrupt or somthing because they simply do not load on my Lenovo R500 32bit Thinkpad.

So when i saw this thread I was quite excited and downloaded the IMG and tried to get it running but only realized later that I need a 64 bit OS machine to run the VMware

Cheers
      Dean
      Last edited by deano66; 01-04-2018 at 08:43 PM.

I'm currently working on building an image you flash to a usb drive and boot from. This will allow 32bit users to have access to a prebuilt environment that can be separated from their day to day system. First build will most likely require some form of UEFI enabled firmware/BIOS.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAX View Post
      A word of caution: I have Windows 10 64 bit running on an old laptop with the Intel Pentium P6100 procesor and this processor does not support VT, thus I get the error [ this kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU-unable to boot]. I also run Linux 64 bit with virtual box and get the same error there. So, I believe it is the processor.
      Yeah, the VM build does require VT as a minimum, VT-d is best. The next release will be better for those using older hardware. I will continue to try and make sure options so that everyone is covered. A Virtual Box version is to come as well so that Mac users have a free options.

Actually, I have to correct myself! Even with the Intel Pentium P6100 I have een able to run VirtualBox and create a Windoes 7 VM on my Windows 10 machine. Go figure.

Yeah, the VM build does require VT as a minimum, VT-d is best. The next release will be better for those using older hardware. I will continue to try and make sure options so that everyone is covered. A Virtual Box version is to come as well so that Mac users have a free options.
      Well, I finally got VIDA installed on a VirtualBox Windows 7 Pro, without VT( my processor does not have VT). Host is Windows 10 64 Bit with Intel Pentium P6100, a fairly older processor. Created a VMDK and added it to the VirtualBox settings for the Win 7 Pro. I used the VMWare 7 zip downloaded version. The VIDA icons appear on the Win7 Virtual machine desktop with the Vida All-in-One icon along with some others. the All-in-One runs fine. Now I have to obtain a DICE unit. Anyone recommend any good ones?
      Last edited by GMAX; 12-19-2017 at 08:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAX View Post
      Well, I finally got VIDA installed on a VirtualBox Windows 7 Pro, without VT( my processor does not have VT). Host is Windows 10 64 Bit with Intel Pentium P6100, a fairly older processor. Created a VMDK and added it to the VirtualBox settings for the Win 7 Pro. I used the VMWare 7 zip downloaded version. The VIDA icons appear on the Win7 Virtual machine desktop with the Vida All-in-One icon along with some others. the All-in-One runs fine. Now I have to obtain a DICE unit. Anyone recommend any good ones?
      I got this one, has been working well for me.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-VIDA-...72.m2749.l2649

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast