VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 25
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
      I don't see SQL listed under Services and Applications. The options are Services, WMI Control, Message Queuing. If I click on Services it brings up a long list, but I don't see anything SQL in it.

If I use the search tool next to the start menu and type "SQL" I don't get anything relevant.

[QUOTE=roxanaschram;7516521]Sounds like you may be limited on resources so things are timing out. Right click on the start menu icon, go to computer management, services and applications. From there you will see SQL listed, click on it and find the SQL services, start the one that isn't running. Also in the future, don't shut down the VM, "save state" it so when you open it back up, it's right where you left off and everything is already running. I can't remember the exact SQL service, I don't have a system or VM near me to do step by step. One of the services will start, the other is on demand and won't start. I believe there were 3 for VIDA

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Should be right there, this is one of my VMs, they are all the same image, just different platforms. If you are missing that, then SQL was uninstalled.

Capture.jpg
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      Should be right there, this is one of my VMs, they are all the same image, just different platforms. If you are missing that, then SQL was uninstalled.

Capture.jpg
      I was trying on my actual computer instead of the VM. Here is what I get on the VM. Not sure what to do.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by albino71 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Cperkins View Post
      Thanks for your work on this! I'm flashing the USB now. How do I flash both images or do I merge them (somehow)?
      Use 7zip to unpack file 1 and it will result in one complete file.
      I tried this but it only extracted the first file. It did not combine both files. I right clicked the RC3 file 1 and then selected 7zip and then selected extract files. I'm guessing I need to do something differently, any ideas?

Edit: finally got it figured out. And it is up and running. Now I just need to buy the dice and get it connected to the car.

Thank you roxana for all you hard work. And to everyone else who have assisted in this thread.
      Last edited by GreyR; 02-13-2020 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WI_Volvo View Post

Capture.jpg
      I was trying on my actual computer instead of the VM. Here is what I get on the VM. Not sure what to do.

Go into the services, locate the SQL services and start them there then
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

This is what I could start. I can't see a way to start the other two. If I click on SQL Server Configuration I get the same as shown in the last post.

Now launch vida monitor and it should start

Now launch vida monitor and it should start
      It is working now. Thank you!

[Try resetting IE. It's an button under "Internet Options" >> "Advanced"[/QUOTE]

Didn't work 😞 still directing to another page claiming, that it couldn't be opened.

Wow, was just deciding to finally break down and look into this Volvo software, and reading this thread, WOW, thank you Roxana, you are seriously a Godsend to help everyone like you have.

What antivirus do you have. It may be that or just an issue with how you installed it.

Thank you very much, first I tried one normal install on the Win7Pro shops laptop, had all sorts of problems and downgraded to explorer 8 spent hours to get it to work with no success. Then did a virtual VMware install on our shops laptop runs but very slow (due to its old). Then I made one install on my Macbook pro and it runs superfast, on windows boot up no time for waiting for VIDA service to start, it rund directly, no lag att all

And I had already Paraels installed with one windows virtual machine, so I just downloaded your image, open it in parallels and it was converted within 5 minutes to Parallels and runs very very fast. I got a dash to replace after airbags deployed so need the VIDA.

Thank you !!!

What antivirus do you have. It may be that or just an issue with how you installed it.
      Just a default firewall from windows, but it has been disabled for this.

I've installed directly the 2014D Installer.7z -file from the Google Drive Builds-folder by using 7-ZIP File Manager without issues. Should I download anything else?
      Last edited by Antton93; 02-20-2020 at 10:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
      Thank you very much, first I tried one normal install on the Win7Pro shops laptop, had all sorts of problems and downgraded to explorer 8 spent hours to get it to work with no success. Then did a virtual VMware install on our shops laptop runs but very slow (due to its old). Then I made one install on my Macbook pro and it runs superfast, on windows boot up no time for waiting for VIDA service to start, it rund directly, no lag att all

And I had already Paraels installed with one windows virtual machine, so I just downloaded your image, open it in parallels and it was converted within 5 minutes to Parallels and runs very very fast. I got a dash to replace after airbags deployed so need the VIDA.

Thank you !!!
      You're welcome

Quote Originally Posted by Antton93 View Post
      Just a default firewall from windows, but it has been disabled for this.

I've installed directly the 2014D Installer.7z -file from the Google Drive Builds-folder by using 7-ZIP File Manager without issues. Should I download anything else?
      What are the system specs? Have you attempted install previously and failed?

What are the system specs? Have you attempted install previously and failed?[/QUOTE]

64-bit Windows 7, using IE11, and yes, several times tried to install

Did you COMPLETELY remove EVERYTHING that was installed during the attempts? SQL and all?

Did you COMPLETELY remove EVERYTHING that was installed during the attempts? SQL and all?
      Yup. By uninstalling itfrom VIDA's setups and from control panel ---> Uninstall a program if necessary.
      Last edited by Antton93; 02-21-2020 at 05:34 AM.

Have you tried loading the IE hosting registry file?

I've been trying to read through this thread and haven't seen it mentioned. Is anybody running the VM on a Mac pro with Tbolt3/usb3 ports? Is the dice unit working OK?

I have been wrestling with an old PC trying to get Vida installed natively, but not having luck. I have a 2017 MBP I could use, but I've had issues using the USB3 dongles with a VM Windows on the MBP.

Is anyone using a new Mac and the Dice unit is working OK?

Apologize in advance for not wanting to read though all 850+ comments to this thread.

I downloaded the image to USB.. booted, connected to WiFi, open VIDA and logged in just fine. I don’t have a dice unit yet ;-(

How can I take the .imz file and actually install it to the hard vs. USB? This PC is dedicated to VIDA..

Note: thanks Roxy for the setup and downloads... ;-)

Thanks
      Last edited by VovoXC60; 02-22-2020 at 11:25 AM.

Walkthrough Available?

I managed to direct download to a windows 7 pro toughbook. But the Vida all-in-one doesn't always load. When it does load, I cant interact with it. I can tab to the login but nothing happens when I type.

Most of the time IE will hang or give a 404 error. I can get the other modules to load fine, but they don't allow me to login.

I haven't yet made it passed a login prompt.

Is there a walkthrough for direct downloads? Did i miss something somewhere?

Thanks for the help.
      Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.
      Running as administrator allows me to click on the login box. But I cannot type in it. When I get my cursor there, The keyboard (physical and virtual) do not interact.

Is there a workaround for this?
      Last edited by LCNPL8; 02-22-2020 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Update

Quote Originally Posted by VovoXC60 View Post
      Apologize in advance for not wanting to read though all 850+ comments to this thread.

I downloaded the image to USB.. booted, connected to WiFi, open VIDA and logged in just fine. I don’t have a dice unit yet ;-(

How can I take the .imz file and actually install it to the hard vs. USB? This PC is dedicated to VIDA..

Note: thanks Roxy for the setup and downloads... ;-)

Thanks
      Just direct install... Much easier...

Quote Originally Posted by LCNPL8 View Post
      I managed to direct download to a windows 7 pro toughbook. But the Vida all-in-one doesn't always load. When it does load, I cant interact with it. I can tab to the login but nothing happens when I type.

Most of the time IE will hang or give a 404 error. I can get the other modules to load fine, but they don't allow me to login.

I haven't yet made it passed a login prompt.

Is there a walkthrough for direct downloads? Did i miss something somewhere?

Thanks for the help.
      Sorry if this has already been answered elsewhere.
      Running as administrator allows me to click on the login box. But I cannot type in it. When I get my cursor there, The keyboard (physical and virtual) do not interact.

Is there a workaround for this?
      First, sounds like you have older touchbook. Sounds like you have a timeout issue... Second, sounds like you need to run the correct patch for your system.

I got it working by using the the windows 7 x64 patch and the ux3 update.

Thank you so much for helping me troubleshoot.
      Works perfect now

Quote Originally Posted by HiSPL View Post
      I've been trying to read through this thread and haven't seen it mentioned. Is anybody running the VM on a Mac pro with Tbolt3/usb3 ports? Is the dice unit working OK?

I have been wrestling with an old PC trying to get Vida installed natively, but not having luck. I have a 2017 MBP I could use, but I've had issues using the USB3 dongles with a VM Windows on the MBP.

Is anyone using a new Mac and the Dice unit is working OK?
      I have a MacBook Pro with USB 3.0 and DICE is working fine, although I run it virtually with Parallels.

I downloaded the virtual build from first page this thread, it converted to Parallels when open the VM machine bild. Then I decided to uninstall VIDA and install VIDA in my Swedish language. So uninstall complete all steps from this thread https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...=1#post4173865

Then I did install it on from this thread https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Windows-10-Pro

Now it runs perfect in Swedish and very fast on the MacBook, I had to turn up the RAM memory in Parallels setting to around 4 Gb to install.

Quote Originally Posted by MRM View Post
      I have a MacBook Pro with USB 3.0 and DICE is working fine, although I run it virtually with Parallels.

I downloaded the virtual build from first page this thread, it converted to Parallels when open the VM machine bild. Then I decided to uninstall VIDA and install VIDA in my Swedish language. So uninstall complete all steps from this thread https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...=1#post4173865

Then I did install it on from this thread https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...Windows-10-Pro

Now it runs perfect in Swedish and very fast on the MacBook, I had to turn up the RAM memory in Parallels setting to around 4 Gb to install.
      Thank you so much!

Thank you Roxana! This worked like a charm on my new Win10 laptop. I wish it was this easy 5 years ago.

Now downloading SSMS 18.4 into the VM so I can edit the database to add our 2016 V60 VIN per zjev's instructions

To get USB to show up in the VM's removable devices, I had to go into the VM's hardware page, and click Add, then added the USB3.0 ports. Then the VM saw the DICE & it connected.

Thanks again
      Last edited by askulte; 03-04-2020 at 05:53 AM.
      Andris
      '16 V60 T5
      '06 V70R (sold)
      '00 V70XC (gone)
      Z28tt-'89 Twin Turbo Camaro
      N46511 C172K

Trying to do a native install on a completely fresh Win10 install. I keep getting this error.

I do have 7zip installed which is literally the only thing installed on this machine. What kind of file is this and what do I need to associate it to?

I'll admit to this - I've done the install from this page on multiple systems. In fact, only a week ago, after struggling a bit, I got it installed on my desktop. Now I'm trying to do a fresh install on my laptop (because my VIDA reader isn't working), but I'm having trouble following the directions.

Do the "Virtual Machine Setup" directions apply if you're doing the direct install?

If not, what do you do once you have the 2014D Installer.7z file? I figured it out once - or stumbled upon the answer (only a week ago) - but now I can't.

I got it working, but it didn't seem like I was following the directions as outlined. It seems like when you download VMWare that finds what it needs to (somehow). When I installed VMWare and opened it VIDA was there and ready to go, despite my not doing anything with the 2014D Installer.7z file I extracted. Anyway . . .

Now if I could just figure out why my Diagnostic tab doesn't work when I hook up my Dice. Dice, per VIDA, has good communication, and will tell my what type car I have . . . but no diagnostic tab. I'll be working on figuring that one out. This is further than I've ever gotten with the Dice, so that's progress.

Quote Originally Posted by m002922 View Post
      I got it working, but it didn't seem like I was following the directions as outlined. It seems like when you download VMWare that finds what it needs to (somehow). When I installed VMWare and opened it VIDA was there and ready to go, despite my not doing anything with the 2014D Installer.7z file I extracted. Anyway . . .

Now if I could just figure out why my Diagnostic tab doesn't work when I hook up my Dice. Dice, per VIDA, has good communication, and will tell my what type car I have . . . but no diagnostic tab. I'll be working on figuring that one out. This is further than I've ever gotten with the Dice, so that's progress.
      Be sure the fields for the vehicle profile are all populated, and then the "OK" box is ticced.
      My experience covered here:
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...tab-grayed-out
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Yep, that was it - thank you. I went and reread the FAQs and figured it out. Interesting that the non-"mandatory" boxes really are mandatory in order to get diagnostics. I was able to use the codes I found to figure out my issue was the Right Rear Door Module . . . while VIDA and DICE are certainly not easy or intuitive, they are very useful if you're persistent and take the time to figure them out. Wish I would have invested the time sooner.

You're welcome, glad it solved it. VIDA isn't the most elegant software out there, but nothing else comes close. I'm glad I got it before I needed it. Besides resetting the maintenance light, it came in handy to reset the battery monitor on the wife's '13 S60.
      Now, if I could only get it to shut off the audio system failure codes from the original system I replaced with aftermarket, It's kind of like phantom pain, I guess.
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Machine.VMX irl double clik did nothing WRT VM machine loading on computer??

Downloaded all files and double clicking on Machine.vmx did nothing (Step 6 or loading the virtual machine)??

Virtual Machine Setup:

[6]Locate the file ‘Service Machine.vmx’ and double click on this file. It will open your hypervisor. You may be asked if you copied or moved this. Just click moved.[*]If you want to adjust the VM image settings now if the time to do so. Things like number of cores dedicated to the VM and how much RAM you want it to be allowed to use.[*]Make sure you set the USB setting up to match your machine. If you plug the DICE into a USB 2.0 port it needs to be USB 2.0. If you use a USB 3.0 port, it needs to be set to USB 3.0[*]Run it and enjoy.[/LIST]

Please do not private message me requesting help or to ask questions regarding the different version. Ask here in the thread. It might be helpful for someone else. Private messages are for private stuff.

[/FONT][/QUOTE]

Awaiting Approval

Where is the Service Machine.7z?

I can't seem to find the service machine anywhere. Plz hlp.

Would someone know why VIDA is not recognising my VIN?
      XC70 manufactured end of 2015.
      VIN: YV1BZ73C1G1250358

From what i understood roxanaschram has updated the databases in the latest release.

Many thanks.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast