VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 11
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast
      Hi,
      I have a older VIDA installed on my PC (pc is only for VIDA).
      How can I update my VIDA?
      I downloaded the files from this thread.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hello,

the download link seems to be broken again
      Image Download #1 (OneDrive Server)

Thanks
      Patrick

Quote Originally Posted by grit View Post
      but can't log into the login screen. It gives a pic of a new volvo, so is trying to login to a modern online edition, and I can't even type anything into the username field. trying to register doesn't work using 'admin' or '1'.

Probably too easy to expect a simple patch to fix this, so open to starting over. Happy to shell out for help, at this point I have no patience for any snags.

IE 11
      I installed the VM VIDA generously supplied in this thread on a WIN 10 machine, and it works OK. It's a little buggy, so I thought I would resurrect a laptop that I have and install Win7 and VIDA from the disc that came with my DiCE that I just bought. Well, THAT was an adventure, but I finally fought my way through it. It's beautiful and has sub-programs and links for subscribing and downloading and the whole deal from Volvo, but I have one problem, which is the same as grit above, and that is that the username field won't accept keyboard input. The cursor can be made to come and go with mouse clicks, but the field will not reflect a keyboard entry; either admin or 1, or with numlocks on and inputting from the number pad. All of the input fields on the direct-to-Volvo pages work, it's just the one field. Accepting all cookies had no effect. Since it's not been addressed, I thought I would ask if there's a quick cure. Or any kind, for that matter.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Capndirk, Which VIDA did you install on your Win7 machine? I just rebuilt an old Dell E4200 for this purpose and I am trying to decide which version of VIDA 2014 I should use. I have an ISO of 2014A and an old hacked DICE unit that I am leery about. The DICE unit used to work on 2012B with software I no longer have. Would you please send me a link to the vendor you purchased from? Thanks. I'm in San Diego...
      2003 XC70 >200K miles

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post

First and foremost, we are a community that supports each other wilfully. Because of the help I've received here, I decided to return that to the whole community. There will be four (4) editions of VIDA releases. VMWare, VirtualBox, TrueImage image and VHDX bootable USB. This should just about cover everyone I hope... Due to the way I've built this and Microsofts licensing schemes, it runs using a legal copy of Windows 10 on your computer as long as your computer has a legal Windows 7 or higher license.

Also, I use a 4K display so you MIGHT need to change the resolution on first boot with your machine to adjust to size if you are not using a 4K equivalent. When logging in, use 'admin' or '1'. The only app you can use, and thankfully need to use is the 'all-in-one'. The rest on the desktop are pointless. If you wish to check that your download completely without errors or issues, below is the MD5 hash. Enjoy!

If you buy a device or VM with the newer look to it, please let me know. Several people out there are currently selling the VIDA VMs or laptops with VIDA preinstalled and are using all of my hard work for profit. My work is for people to download themselves, use for themselves. Not for someone to sell and make a profit on. VIDA isn't mine but I made the newer interface and that is how you can tell if you are using my work. If you buy something with it on it, request your money back. You can get it here for free! I'm not trying to be a *****. If you want to sell a VM or laptop with VIDA, do so, but don't include my work and sell it off as something newer or that you did.

For all of those people that want VIDA directly installed on your existing system but have issues or just don't want to attempt it, I've started installing everything remotely for a flat 30$. If you have any questions, feel free to ask here in the thread. Arrangement of scheduling can be done via PM, phone or email.
      (15 May, 2018)

Virtual Machine System Minimum Recommendations:
      CPU: Intel i3-2100 or better (64bit required)
      RAM: 6GB RAM
      HARD DRIVE: 40GB free space

USB Editions System Minimum Recommendations:
      CPU: Intel Core2Duo or better (32bit capable)
      RAM: 3GB RAM
      STORAGE DEVICE: 32GB or better USB 3.0
      Legacy Boot Mode Support

Patches, Documents & Walk-throughs can be downloaded from any of the download links below

Download Links:

Image Download #1 (OneDrive Server) - Download Here
      Image Download #2 - (OneDrive Business) - or Download Here
      VMWare Player - VMware Player
      VirtualBox - VirtualBox Image Here
      7-ZIP - You'll need this
      Microsoft Download Manager - Use this to download

Virtual Machine Setup:

1. Download the virtual machine 7zip image
      2. Download VMWare Player or VMWare Fusion. This will depend on which OS you have running.
      3. If you have Windows but don’t have 7zip. Download it. I believe most Linux distros support 7z files out of the box or can be easily installed via the Software Centre. If you are on Mac OS, you can use ‘The Unarchiver’ available via the App Store.
      4. Once you have everything downloaded, install your hypervisor of choice. This would be VMWare Player or Fusion. Advanced users can use virtual box with minor modifications I believe.
      5. Extract the 7z image file you downloaded to a contained folder. The password is V0lv02Rule You can run it from this location or move it to another location. Doesn’t matter.
      6. Locate the file ‘Service Machine.vmx’ and double click on this file. It will open your hypervisor. You may be asked if you copied or moved this. Just click moved.
      7. If you want to adjust the VM image settings now if the time to do so. Things like number of cores dedicated to the VM and how much RAM you want it to be allowed to use.
      8. Run it and enjoy.

USB Image Setup:

1. Download the image from the builds folder
      2. Download the USB Imaging Tool.zip file from tools folder
      3. If you have Windows but don’t have 7zip. Download it. I believe most Linux distros support 7z files out of the box or can be easily installed via the Software Centre. If you are on Mac OS, you can use ‘The Unarchiver’ available via the App Store.
      4. Once you have everything downloaded, extract the USB Imaging Tool.
      5. Run the tool. Select your USB drive from the list on the left. Click Restore. A window will open to locate the IMZ file. In the bottom right is a drop down menu, change it to 'Compressed (zip) image files'. Locate the folder where you downloaded to and select the IMZ file. Click yes to restore and overwrite the USB drive.
      6. Run it and enjoy.

Extras, Tools & Documents Available:

Volvo 2014D UX2 Update
      Volvo 2014D Wiring Diagram ISO
      Volvo Transmission Adaptation
      USB Image Install Process

Questions & Answers:

Q: My system specs are... Which one should I run.
      A: Which ever one you want, system specs are based on the one you choose to run. Virtual Machine is the easiest to get up and running and requires the least amount of effort from you.

Q: Are the system requirements actually what's required to run?
      A: Yes and No. For the virtual machine no. You could have less RAM and a slower processor and it will still run. For the USB images, yes without more modification of the images.

Q: Unable to open the file Service Machine.7z
      A: Download 7-Zip from the link above AND make sure you have the password

Q: How do I log in?
      A: Use 'admin' or '1' and press enter

Q: How do I go about checked the MD5 or SHA256 to ensure I have downloaded without error?
      A: I recommend Quickhash-GUI. If you have a Mac or run Linux, they both have md5sum built in but require CLI knowledge so I won't recommend it.

Q: I have logged in, my DiCE unit is detected but I can't click on diagnosis tab. Did I do something wrong?
      A: Most likely, you have not selected all the options for the vehicle profile.

Q: Does the VMWare image support 32bit?
      A: NO! But the USB edition does

Q: I'm on a Mac and can't find VMWare Player for it, what do I use?
      A: You'll need to obtain a copy of VMWare Fusion

Q: Will there be a VirtualBox version?
      A: It is very likely just to help out the Mac users...

Q: What are the system requirements?
      A: System requirements are for the VMWare image is a 64bit dual-core processor and 4GB RAM. Please know that with 4GB of RAM, you will be moving SLOWLY. I recommend at least 6Gb RAM. If you only meet the minimum requirements, try the USB edition.

Q: I have 7-zip and it is giving me errors extracting the files. What is going on?
      A: Double check that the download completed correctly. You can do this using the MD5 Hash posted above.

Q: Why doesn't the VMware Image detect my DiCE unit?
      A: The VMware Image may be configured for different USB specifications than the port you are trying to use. If you have a system with USB 3.x, you need to update the 'Machine Settings' to reflect a USB 3.x bus. Same with USB 2.0. Depending on the build of the VM depends on which USB port revision was set to. Drivers have already be install for the Intel buses.

Q: I've installed an update or patch but nothing happened?
      A: Try rebooting, if that didn't work, ask for help.

Q: I have a 32GB USB flash drive but it won't fit. What do I do?
      A: While in the USB Flash Tool, click on the options tab. Select the option to truncate the image.

Change-log:

VIDA 2014D Update UX2 - [11 January, 2018]

Updated interface, more modern and more responsive for higher resolution screens.

VIDA USB Edition RC3 - [6 January, 2018]

With RC3, it still uses a VHDX image format, but can now be deployed with minutes depending on the speed of your flash drive and computer. It's all contained in an IMZ container that your flash to a 32GB flash drive and go!

VIDA License Patch RC3 - [6 January, 2018]

Fixed issue with RC2 on x86 not applying new license.

VIDA License Patch RC2 - [5 January, 2018]

New VIDA License Patches. Self installing with IE Hosting fix.

VIDA VMware Image Edition v2 - [31 December, 2017]

All Windows updates have been completed. VIDA License has been updated to expire 31 December, 2020. Cleaned up system. Removed unnecessary clutter. Download size is down from 7.6GB to 6.9GB, extracted is down from 28GB to 21GB. Hilton Tuning program is on the desktop for those who have a subscription for it mainly because I forgot to remove it before uploading.

Fixed Download Links - [20 December, 2017]

VIDA TIB Edition v 0.RC2 - [19 December, 2017]

This version does use TrueImage. By using TrueImage, you are using the entire USB for the image as if it was a hard drive.

VIDA USB Edition v 0.RC2 - [17 December, 2017]

With RC2, I've changed the entire deployment scheme. It uses a VHDX image format. It does NOT use TrueImage. There will be a dedicated TrueImage version soon. Instead it will be using Easy2Boot. So shout out to those blokes.

VIDA USB Edition v 0.RC1 - [14 December, 2017]

Initial build. Completely scrapped.

VMWare Edition - [29 August, 2017]

Initial build.

Please do not private message me requesting help or to ask questions regarding the different version. Ask here in the thread. It might be helpful for someone else.

Looks like first link has bandwidth exceeded and a 404 for the second :/

Hey question for you, my wife and I have 2 laptops, both rather old and I've been needing a new one for a while.

One is a Toshiba Satellite C655D with 3gb Ram and 250gb storage available, running windows 7 home premium. My only option with this one would be booting from USB, correct? Tried downloading the file and it went over night, checked this morning and appears there was an issue with the file. I'll have to check again when I get home.

The other laptop is an old Samsung QX410 running windows 10 with 4gb ram and 75gb space remaining. It's been running clunky for a while and probably ready for a replacement (8 years old now). Not sure this will be a good fit for any option.

But since I've been needing an upgrade anyways, I can snag a solid Lenovo 330 15.6" running windows 10 with an AMD Ryzen 3, 8gb memory and 1tb hard drive for $350 at bestbuy. I'd imagine that'd be able to run a VM for Vida, and then I could still use the laptop for my other needs?

login fixed

Quote Originally Posted by jstengel View Post
      Capndirk, Which VIDA did you install on your Win7 machine? I just rebuilt an old Dell E4200 for this purpose and I am trying to decide which version of VIDA 2014 I should use. I have an ISO of 2014A and an old hacked DICE unit that I am leery about. The DICE unit used to work on 2012B with software I no longer have. Would you please send me a link to the vendor you purchased from? Thanks. I'm in San Diego...
      I have the 2014D with the UX3 update. I can't think of a reason not to have the latest version. The 2014D came on a disc with the DiCE unit I bought on eBay. I have a new(ish) HP Win10 laptop with the 2014D VM image downloaded from this thread, and the DiCE unit works perfectly with it. Well, almost. I didn't really care for the way that the program ran, because there would be little anomalous messages and errors popping up, and the prospect of adding a printer to the VM was just another difficulty and potentially a resource hit. I have an older Toshiba i5 laptop that was WIN7 and I allowed to upgrade to WIN10 that had developed video issues, so I reverted that to the original WIN7 Home 64 bit, but then had to upgrade it to a copy of WIN7 PRO to get VIDA 2014D to work on it.
      The instructions for the installation disc that came with the DiCE were useless, but I dug deep enough to find the magic word "Setup" and made it happen. The software on the disc all seems to be Genuine Volvo, albeit pirated, and not a VM version stolen from Roxannaschram. Once loaded and running, it was not possible to enter anything into the login field; the cursor just sat there and blinked, and it was like the keyboard quit working. I applied the UX3 update from Roxannaschram's downloads and her Patch, but no joy. Finally, after my post above, I went back through Google and re-visited a thread and downloaded a patch from Rumania, I believe, and that did the trick. My 2014D running in Win7 PRO with 4Gb of RAM works great! The actual patch I got from following THIS link, and the actual patch is at THIS link.
      I'm in San Diego, so I could talk you through it or help. Just PM me a phone number.

I now have VIDA and could run it OK on my XC70, but when I run it on my S40 it can not read the vehicle,I get errors:
      " No Connection with QW90 available
      Please contact your local Help desk
      No connection with PIE available"
      My S40 has no engine codes but has couple of messages regarding SRS and anti skid that I need to erase by VIDA.
      I have no idea why my VIDA-DiCE works fine on XC70 and not work on my S40, appreciate any help regarding above error.

I am trying to setup my system to use the USB drive. I have downloaded the files and have the image restored to my USB (followed the document in the "Documents" folder). I am using an older XP Pro (32 bit) system, just because that is a spare that I have. Plan on using this on a 2010 S40.

Question now is... what is next to get this to run? Do I need to make the USB drive "Bootable" and boot the OS using the USB?

Thanks for the work that has been done here already.
      Last edited by KArthur1; 11-05-2018 at 12:58 PM.
      2010 S40i 2.4L (B5244S4) 4Dr. - Made in Belgium

Awaiting Approval
      Image download links don't work.

Tried setting this up on our newer laptop, but don’t have any experience with VM and wasn’t successful.

So pulled out our old Windows Vista 32 bit and just used the disc supplied with my DICE but appears it doesn’t meet the requirements. Only has 3gigs of RAM. Worth buying more RAM for this old beater, or give up and just try again with the VM haha?
      Current: 11 ISF | P2 V70R
      Past: 14 C300 AMG Sport+ | E46M | S40 T5 | NA1 NSX | Acura TL | LS-T DC4

When attempting to install, VIDA creates a new directory and checks all requirements. It creates a logfile in the VIDA directory that you can open with Notepad and see exactly what it doesn't like. Just scroll to the bottom so you don't have to read about every game and program that's installed Repeat as necessary. On mine, it didn't like the version of Win7, so I installed a copy of Pro I had laying around, but I've been wondering if you could lie to it by changing the query results. Maybe I'll tell it that my Win10 on my desktop really is a Win7 when I have nothing better to do, like learning how to use VIDA comprehensively.
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Quote Originally Posted by KArthur1 View Post
      I am trying to setup my system to use the USB drive. I have downloaded the files and have the image restored to my USB (followed the document in the "Documents" folder). I am using an older XP Pro (32 bit) system, just because that is a spare that I have. Plan on using this on a 2010 S40.

Question now is... what is next to get this to run? Do I need to make the USB drive "Bootable" and boot the OS using the USB?

Thanks for the work that has been done here already.
      Bump..... Can anyone answer this for me? I would really like to get this to work.

Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by KArthur1 View Post
      Bump..... Can anyone answer this for me? I would really like to get this to work.

Thanks again.
      I'm a Luddite so was hoping someone far more computer savvy would pipe in by now, but that's exactly what I do with mine on my old Lenovo Thinkpad. I turn it on with the USB thumb drive plugged in, then immediately hit the blue button to launch the OS from the thumb drive (have to do a couple more steps, but eventually it reads from the thumb drive rather than defaults to Windows on the C: drive).

Hope you're able to get up and running soon!

BD

'06 S40 M66 T5 FWD, '08 C70 M66 T5 Premier Plus, '11 XC90 V8 AWD, '13 C70 T5 Platinum P* ('94 850 Turbo, '05 S60 T5 FWD, & '04 XC90 2.5T AWD R.I.P.)
      Current Fleet:
      1998 S70 Base (New project), 2006 S40 T5 M66 FWD, 2008 C70 Premium Plus M66, 2011 XC90 V8, 2013 C70 Platinum P*

RIP:
      1994 854T FWD, 2004 XC90 2.5T AWD, 2005 S60 2.5T FWD

Can anyone advise if this will work when connected to a volvo xc40?
      I tried and it doesnt seem to go past the current xc90 model?

Hi! My DiCe doesn't pop up in device manager at virtual machine. At my pc device manager says "drivers not installed". Last time fixed this with drivers but can't find them anywhere?

I ran checksum on using QuickHash (MD5) on the Vida RC3 USB image after extraction and it was 85614AFD94F1676C5FA89C6975EB25FE - Validated on Sandisk Ultra 32 Gb USB stick but not with actual DICE unit as I am waiting for that to come in.

Did have to disable Security boot and enable legacy boot in BIOS. On Windows 10 this is done under settings, Update & Security, Recovery, click Restart Now under Advanced. During reboot select Trouble shoot, Advanced Options, UEFI FW settings, then reboot. You can select BIOS settings upon the reboot. Now when the PC reboots, I was able to hit Esc. to interrupt the boot and select the USB drive as boot option.
      Last edited by nhmtbiker; 11-15-2018 at 07:49 AM.

Sooooo..... I've been MIA for a bit. I've had a lot going on. Working hard. One hurricane, one tropical storm. There has been a lot to recover from and some we can never recover from. Just so everyone knows, I've removed OneDrive. I'm using Google Drive now. They have promised me no bandwidth or transfer limits...
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

roxanaschram,
      Glad you are back and safe. Hate to see the destruction at CSB and Mexico beach.... Spent alot of time there myself, Love that place.

Question about using the USB. I have downloaded the files and used the USB Imaging Tool to extract the files... next, I restored it and wrote it to the usb. Question is, What do I do next? There are several .cmd files on my USB, but I am not sure what to do with them. One of them is "MAKE_E2B_USB_DRIVE (run as admin).cmd".

A little guidance would be much appreciated.

You boot your machine from that USB. It's a bootable system with VIDA reinstalled so you can use it on multiple machines.

I'm not in Florida. I'm in NC. Every house 2 blocks from me had water to their roofs. I'm on slight higher ground so we only had structural damage but I still lost over half of what I owned because I put most of it in the storage unit I've had for every hurricane since I've been here and it was completely under water. Really sucks having to rebuild.
      Last edited by roxanaschram; 11-17-2018 at 09:17 AM.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

I feel for you. Must be hard going thru that.

I got it to boot off the USB. Thanks. It is just super slow (which I seen the warning about in one of the prior posts). I noticed the is a "Vida True Image" in the downloads folder. Is this for a x32 or x64 machine? I have an older x32 that I might put this on. Assuming that Arcronis restore will even work on x32 machines.

Thanks

Thanks, 'rains in africa' and 'we will survive' come to mind when I think about it. The kicker is that I was out in my 4x4 delivering food and drinks and checking on other people's houses during the storm itself. Didn't find out about the storage unit until the water level at it dropped to a half a metre a few days later.

The true image is 64bit if I remember. It's a straight drive clone so it will overwrite the drive you flash it to...

That really sucks, really hate to hear you lost so much.

For some reason. I thought the image would be x64. I just dont have an "extra" x64 sitting around I can put it on.

I tried to get the USB to boot on two different systems. The first was an old x32 WIn XP machine that I dont use anymore. It would boot off the USB and run thru several different screens, then finally it would just reboot and do the same thing. Then I tried to boot using my working x64 Win 7 machine. It would boot, run thru several screens like the other machine, then the screen would just go blank with a flashing cursor. The USB was flashing like it was reading\writing but after 10 minutes or so, I just restarted it. Retried it again and it did the same thing.

I guess my last option is to use the VMWare on my Win7 x64 machine. Maybe I can get that running.

Thanks for all that you do/done here.

Kirk

UPDATE: I was able to get the VMPlayer installed last night. When I installed the version on the Google Drive, it installed VMPlayer V6. I got an error saying that the version of the file was not compatible with V6. The VMPlayer.log file showed that it was created with V12, so I found a copy of VMPlayer V12, downloaded and installed it. That got it installed, but that is where I stopped. To be continued this week.
      Last edited by KArthur1; 11-19-2018 at 08:17 AM.

I wonder if it wouldn't be easier to install VIDA direct to your Win7 64 laptop? Even if you don't have Win7 Pro, it would be easy enough to upgrade (says so in the brochure). Worst thing about it is having to prevent IE upgrades from 9. Mine upgraded to IE-11 and VIDA quit working, so I reverted. Do you have a DiCE? The disc that came with mine wouldn't install per the instructions, but I made it happen. The VM method is great if there's no Win7 machine available, and kudos to roxanaschram for all she's done with it, but having both the VM on a Win-10 laptop and straight VIDA on a Win7, I find it's a lot nicer to work with the native version, in terms of networking, printers, etc.
      Just a thought.
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      Try a different source, also, you may need to disable your AV while extracting the download. Some AVs don't play well with VMs downloaded from the internet. Oh, and try using a download manager. Microsoft has one that works very well.
      Having this issue also... What is the link you use to download for the Microsoft download manager? The google drive link isn't working in the download manager.

Also you mentioned trying a different source, what other sources are available?

I've downloaded from the google drive (https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zt...2zUGFfQ3flQ8I6) but I am still getting the corrupt message.

Getting: "Error while opening the virtual machine: VMX file is corrupt."

EDITED: I got the VM to run with windows 7, but not by running the file. If I tired to open the file it says it was corrupt, but if I open vm first and open it through there it appears to be fine...
      Last edited by alexk243; 11-21-2018 at 01:16 PM. Reason: FIXED
      2004 Volvo S60R
      KulAdventure.com

That's odd. I will be uploading a new VM soon with updates applied so hopefully no one will have that issue afterwards.

Success. I was able to download, install and successful boot into Vida today. I have tried several attempts on a XP Pro laptop using the USB image, a W7 Pro desktop using the 7 zip image from One Drive both were never fully successful.
      I recently purchase a laptop with W10 and decided today to tackle this task since I was off. The download links on Google Drive worked much faster than the One Drive setup and I was able to follow the steps on page 1 and install the software on the laptop. The hard part was trying to fix the connection error from the Dice cable. After reading all 11 pages of this thread, I knew that it was the USB 3.0 setting of the laptop that was the cause. Each time I would change the machine setting from 2.0 to 3.0 a message came up about Intel drivers needed for the 3.0 setting. Following the link, I downloaded the drivers but continued to get an error message that the OS is not supported by the drivers. I did the Net framework fix for 3.5 in Windows Features and that did not fix the lack of connection in Vida.
      The fix was to download the Intel drivers by using IE in the VM and then installing the drivers in VM Immediately the Dice was recognized, drivers install and I was able to read my vehicle and all tabs of Vida worked. Now I have to learn the software system and I installed a pdf printer in the VM to print information.
      Roxanaschram, thank you for your hard work in posting these files. I see from your most recent posts that you recovering from storm damage. I wish you a full recovery and know that your kindness in helping others is appreciated and you will be repaid.

Quote Originally Posted by k1xc70 View Post
      I now have VIDA and could run it OK on my XC70, but when I run it on my S40 it can not read the vehicle,I get errors:
      " No Connection with QW90 available
      Please contact your local Help desk
      No connection with PIE available"
      My S40 has no engine codes but has couple of messages regarding SRS and anti skid that I need to erase by VIDA.
      I have no idea why my VIDA-DiCE works fine on XC70 and not work on my S40, appreciate any help regarding above error.
      What year S40? VIDA / DICE work fine with my 2005 V50, but, I get errors when I connect to my son's 2001 S40. However, I was still able to use it to run diagnostics on his car. I typed his VIN into the Vehicle Profile manually and went to the Diagnostics tab and ran the Fault Trace with no issue. I was able to read the trouble codes and reset just like normal.
      2005 V50 T5 FWD M66 Passion Red (Radio Flyer) Bilstein HD, ECU spacer, Snabb Turbo Pipe

1998 V70 NA - Sold, 2002 S40 1.9T - R.I.P., 2005 V50 T5 - RIP

Remember kids, Speed doesn't kill ... impact does!

Thumbs up

Thank you op for providing us these tools. I just got my VIDA Dice working (for the first time, received the unit today) by using your USB method - very handy with an old laptop. Thanks again!
      Time to inspect my 05 S40 T5 AWD.

I've built a new ISO for those that want to directly install on their systems with the updates already applied. It also contains all the needed files for the install whether on 32bit or 64bit and all 3 patches for the different ways to install... (32bit, 64bit, 32bit installed on 64bit)

Hi all, I had no luck installing VIDA 2014d on my own so I had roxanaschram install it on my computer for me. It worked great for about 4 months, but now it looks like it has been trying to perform an update through VIDA eUpdate. Ill open my computer occasionally and there will be a message that an update tried to run and failed. Now when I open VIDA as Admin as I usually would, the page cannot be displayed and when going to troubleshoot the connection, it says "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I'm assuming the update caused some licensing issue. I've looked to see if anyone has encountered a similar issue but have had no luck. roxanaschram - this seems to be something up your alley - any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thx

issues with all install options

Hello, first, thank you for all the work you have put into this, unfortunately I am still having a few issues.

My first attempt was to use the USB version. I bought a 64gb usb and flashed it as per the guide. I boot to the drive, it flashes some command window lines, brings me to a bios looking screen and then immediately proceeds to more command line stuff, and then tries to launch windows which it cant seem to do successfully.

I then tried to install the virtual machine with the install fix and get "the virtual machine image is corrupt" even after installing the fix (but not the patch cause I thought that was included?). I think I tried another virtual machine linked here with the file name win7-x86-Vida and got errors: "Line 70: Unsupported element 'storage item' line 79: unsupported element storage item, and line 88: unsupported element 'ethernet port item'

I'd really like to just get the USB version to work, any suggestions?

I'm downloading the "2014D installer.7z" now to give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by fordman13 View Post
      Hi all, I had no luck installing VIDA 2014d on my own so I had roxanaschram install it on my computer for me. It worked great for about 4 months, but now it looks like it has been trying to perform an update through VIDA eUpdate. Ill open my computer occasionally and there will be a message that an update tried to run and failed. Now when I open VIDA as Admin as I usually would, the page cannot be displayed and when going to troubleshoot the connection, it says "the remote device or resource won't accept the connection". I'm assuming the update caused some licensing issue. I've looked to see if anyone has encountered a similar issue but have had no luck. roxanaschram - this seems to be something up your alley - any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thx
      Message me directly so we can see about resolving that issue

Quick question - the new latest ISO you mention the file VMware Machine Image RC3.7z?

No, under builds, there is a file called "2014D Installer.7z" It's the whole ISO with everything you need for direct installs and my updates already merged into the installer.

Installing the USB version

Hello Roaxanaschram and thank you for all you are doing! I am responsible for our family's two elderly Volvos and cannot afford dealer prices, so have to maintain them with a little help from friends!

I have downloaded the image from the builds folder and transfered it into my chosen drive, but when I download the USB Imaging Tool.zip (choosing 7-Zip) and try to run it I get as far as having 'USB Imaging Tool' as a Zip file in 'Downloads, but no facility to carry out your instruction number 5. (i.e, Run the tool. select your USB drive.......etc.)

What have done/not done correctly?

Jeremy

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast