VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
      New download links, walk-throughs coming soon!
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by TheStillMan View Post
      I got this one, has been working well for me.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/VOLVO-VIDA-...72.m2749.l2649
      Thanks. I had been looking at that one. Just ordered it.

I can not open : " VMWare 2014D Image - Download Here (Service Machine) " . It is requesting a password. Any ideas?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kazthebassman View Post
      I can not open : " VMWare 2014D Image - Download Here (Service Machine) " . It is requesting a password. Any ideas?
      Look at the first post....take your time....

V0lv02Rule is the password for the service machibe

Envoyé de mon SM-N920W8 en utilisant Tapatalk
      SOLD AWD s70 70: Winter Beater
      2005 V70R : Daily Driver
      2006 XC90 2.5 Ocean Race: Wife's car

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      New download links, walk-throughs coming soon!
      Many thanks for all the work you have done. Hope you have a happy Holiday Season.

You're very welcome. Sadly, I'm waiting for better weather here before I can get out to my car with my laptop for the walk throughs on how to do stuff with VIDA. I plan on having a full on resource for 2014D... Maybe even some videos...
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

After getting the "service machine", provided by roxanascham, installed to a virtual windows 7 pro 32 bit system, I ordered a VIDA/DICE unit and plugged it to virtual machine and to the running vehicle, confirmed that it read the vehicle information, displaying VIN and other information. Under Diagnostics I can see the Module tree with ECM,TCM, etc. All I can get is information about the vehicle, but no where in TCM where I can reset the Fluid Counter, for example. Are there any DICE units out that only read information, but will not send communication to the vehicle? Or, if anyone has the specific steps, after Vida loads and reads the vehicle, to get to the TCM Fluid Counter reset?
      Last edited by GMAX; 12-27-2017 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GMAX View Post
      After getting the "service machine", provided by roxanascham, installed to a virtual windows 7 pro 32 bit system, I ordered a VIDA/DICE unit and plugged it to virtual machine and to the running vehicle, confirmed that it read the vehicle information, displaying VIN and other information. Under Diagnostics I can see the Module tree with ECM,TCM, etc. All I can get is information about the vehicle, but no where in TCM where I can reset the Fluid Counter, for example. Are there any DICE units out that only read information, but will not send communication to the vehicle? Or, if anyone has the specific steps, after Vida loads and reads the vehicle, to get to the TCM Fluid Counter reset?
      There is an option to test dice communication in vida....
      Cant recall on top of my mind...but it is in the firts steps...
      I think its under vehicle information

Quote Originally Posted by arvidalex View Post
      There is an option to test dice communication in vida....
      Cant recall on top of my mind...but it is in the firts steps...
      I think its under vehicle information

Yes, I have tested the DICE communication and it passes as "OK". Also the ECM/TCM shows green so communication should be
      available.
      I have found the following procedure onlinePerhaps someone could verify for 2014D)
      1. Click on Diagnostic tab
      2. Click on sub tab Vehicle Communication
      3.Go to TCM and then Advance tab
      4. From there you click on Fluid Change

But I don't believe I am getting all of those. When I select TCM, I only get a folder structure on the lower part of the screen that gives information. I don't think I am seeing the Advanced Tab

Added: I am going to try again today. I am thinking that after the car is read and the information displayed that I failed to click OK>.

12/28/17
      ----okay, finally got down to "Reset Transmission Fluid Counter', but when attempting the reset, got the message "no communication with control module". I haven't given up YET. And YES the key was in position II
      Last edited by GMAX; 12-28-2017 at 12:42 PM.

Thanks for all the hard work roxanaschram - Looking forward to the USB & TrueImage walk-through instructions..
      2012 C70 Inscription - Sapphire Black/Off Black
      2007 C70 - Pearl/Cream

No problem....

EVERYONE! READ THE FIRST POST, new patch information!

I get "The system cannot find the patch specified" when I run filldb.cmd. Any help? I've extracted the files to C:/VIDA and I'm running it as admin. Also tried running it both with and without the vida monitor application running. If I try to login to VIDA it just loads for a second and returns to the login screen, no info.
      "The top-end T8's are like 'dictator opulent'. It screams 'drive me through the Kremlin in a military parade with some ICBMs on trucks'" - TheVolvo
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing"
      "XC70 FWD is like a beer with 0% Alc. Wtf, realy wtf."
      " I am sure I will buy a mainstream car with great mileage and a plug-in instead of a but-plug 🖤"
      - CrossingCountries

No problem....

Could you supply just the patch? I had a working version of Vida that obviously expired on 12/31, so I don't need Vida. Just the patch that will extend the expiration to 2022. Thanks!

No problem....

I found a link for just the patch. Thanks

roxanascham's patch for license works for me. Thank you roxanascham.

I need some help diagnosing a possily defective DICE unit. I have no problems running 2014D, actually on two computers, one resident from CD that came with DICE unit, and one on virtualbox setup with the service machine provided by roxanascham.
      Anyone who has successfully reset the transmission fluid counter, which lights on the dice unit are either on or flashing when the car is running and OBD cable plugged in and USB plugged into computer. Please tell me what you see. I know volvosweden has done this and in his video there are more lights flashing than on mine. Many thanks to anyone who can help. DICE is 206751, but all Chinese clones may have this same numer regardless.
      Last edited by GMAX; 01-02-2018 at 11:27 AM.

The fluid counter supposed to be reset with the engine off and key in posII, have not paid attention to the LEDs (edit- see this was already tried).

If the DICE is connected and communicating to the point you're able to see the reset (in Vehicle Communications/Activations I think), it's likely that the unit is functioning. Could do a re-read of the modules, see if that clears anything up. Any errors on TCM (might prevent more menus being shown) when you look at diagnostics?
      Last edited by ggleavitt; 01-02-2018 at 12:01 PM. Reason: correction(s)
      2005 XC90 B5254T2 019 201k
      2008 XC90 B8444S Sport 452 132k

Seems that the download amount for Onedrive has been exceeded.. Unable to download

Great idea of running Vida by VM and share it btw!

Quote Originally Posted by Miyel View Post
      Seems that the download amount for Onedrive has been exceeded.. Unable to download

Shoot!
      I was about to dowload the 2018 patch

Quote Originally Posted by ggleavitt View Post
      The fluid counter supposed to be reset with the engine off and key in posII, have not paid attention to the LEDs (edit- see this was already tried).

If the DICE is connected and communicating to the point you're able to see the reset (in Vehicle Communications/Activations I think), it's likely that the unit is functioning. Could do a re-read of the modules, see if that clears anything up. Any errors on TCM (might prevent more menus being shown) when you look at diagnostics?
      Thank you. Yes, I understand how it is supposed to work. But, I believe my DICE is defective, even though DICE communication tests OK generally, through the Windows Start/Dice/DICE Diagnostics. The bottom Vehicle Interface status> light blinks orange constantly. I believe it is supposed to be ON constantly when Interface has been established. This results in the infamous [CEM] error indication when the vehicle is being Read. [Also, my Scangauge works perfectly with this vehicle, and it connects to the OBD port and reads many parameters of vehicle performance.]

I do have a teleca 1163 5.2 green board in my DICE unit, but it is missing some components as shown here from a seller on AliExpress
      [IMG]Teleca_Dice_Board_1[/IMG]

The Area Circled bottom left where the 5 components connect 10 contacts. Those 5 black components are not on mine. Everything else appears identical. Of course if I ordered the one that shows this I might not get exactly that. That is just the way it is with clones, some images show those components and some do not.

ADDED: I found the Volvo document on which lights on the DICE unit are supposed to be on, which colors, and whether blinking or steady. My unit is definately defective.

UPDATE:1/13/18: based on a recommendation from Roxy, I purchased a VIDA/DICE unit from Amazon. More expensive than Ebay, but it arrived and worked perfectly right out of the box. Was able to "Reset Fluid Counter", observe transmission temperature and reset Motor Oil Service light.
      Last edited by GMAX; 01-13-2018 at 03:45 PM.

I kinda jumped on the last post without seeing your earlier post on what you had already attempted. Just seems odd that you're able to connect to the car but not complete the reset action. Can you pull parameters from the individual modules and see them on the screen? I probably won't be much help but wanted to ask a few basic questions first. Apologies for any inconvenience caused....

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyoho View Post
      I get "The system cannot find the patch specified" when I run filldb.cmd. Any help? I've extracted the files to C:/VIDA and I'm running it as admin. Also tried running it both with and without the vida monitor application running. If I try to login to VIDA it just loads for a second and returns to the login screen, no info.
      Which VIDA version are you running out of curiousity? Access scenario sounds like a pre-2013.

Quote Originally Posted by ggleavitt View Post
      I kinda jumped on the last post without seeing your earlier post on what you had already attempted. Just seems odd that you're able to connect to the car but not complete the reset action. Can you pull parameters from the individual modules and see them on the screen? I probably won't be much help but wanted to ask a few basic questions first. Apologies for any inconvenience caused....
      No problem. Actually my DICE can no longer read my vehicle. See above post.

I got updated like this:

Quote Originally Posted by buzby View Post
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post6303185

The downloads in the above post will only work for 2014D. The license file is different for each release.
      Before finding this thread, I fixed my 2014A installation by using WinRar to extract 3 files out of the original patch executable.
      A windows batch file called filldb.cmd
      An SQL command file called filldb.sql
      the VIDA license file called license

These need to be copied into a new directory called 'patch' in the VIDA home directory (normally C:\VIDA\).
      You then edit the license file in Notepad and search for 'subscriptionExpireDate', you will find a date after it ("2017-12-31 23:59:59").
      Change the year to whatever you want (within reason) and save the file.

Stop the VIDA service from the task bar by right clicking on the icon and selecting Stop,
      and run the filldb.cmd command file (preferably from a command line window while in the C:|VIDA\patch directory).
      This then creates an SQL command file to write the data from the license file into VIDA's SQL database and runs it using the MS SQL command line.

Restart the VIDA service by right-clicking on the task bar icon, and once it's status shows as 'Running' try starting and logging in to VIDA All In One.
      The expiry warning should have gone.

I was lucky that I still had the original patch executable I had run when I installed 2014A. To do any of the above you need the patch executable that matches your version.

Quote Originally Posted by Miyel View Post

Never had that happen before, added a second location... Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by arvidalex View Post
      Shoot!
      I was about to dowload the 2018 patch

No worries, new link and new 2022 patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmoyoho View Post
      If you edit the file there is a %programfiles% that you need to change to either "C:\program Files" or to "C:\program Files (x86)" then it will work. not sure why the variable fails.

This patch works on 2014C.

Why would you only licence it until 2022?
      Here's a version that licences until 2130 :-)
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZF...0AFaabMfkOdRrs
      Works on VM, standalone, 32 and vida 64bit 2014x

Who’s going to be using 2014d in 2030

OK, lets see, its 2018, and there are people with 1999 models still using it...and thats 19 years....the last model covered is 2015...which too 2030 is 15 years soooo...lots of people. But my patch is TWENTY ONE THIRTY! not 2030, 2130....why? why not . 2022 is a waste of everyone's time.

Quote Originally Posted by motormat View Post
      Why would you only licence it until 2022?
      Here's a version that licences until 2130 :-)
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZF...0AFaabMfkOdRrs
      Works on VM, standalone, 32 and vida 64bit 2014x
      Can fix it yourself, put whatever date you want. All that's needed is a read of a few forums where this is discussed plus a copy of your original patch and winRAR, ain't rocket science.

i did, i put 2130 pmsl, I modified the original patch, (no forums required) and shared it with the world on new years eve.
      Well, its there for anyone who doesn't want to have to re-patch again in a few years, it's already been downloaded hundreds of times through various other volvo groups.

Quote Originally Posted by motormat View Post
      OK, lets see, its 2018, and there are people with 1999 models still using it...and thats 19 years....the last model covered is 2015...which too 2030 is 15 years soooo...lots of people. But my patch is TWENTY ONE THIRTY! not 2030, 2130....why? why not . 2022 is a waste of everyone's time.
      People are driving 1999 model cars, not using 1999 developed software, if you have a problem with my patch or any work I've done, you aren't being forced to use it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't fill up the thread with wasteful posts.

People are driving 1999 model cars, not using 1999 developed software, if you have a problem with my patch or any work I've done, you aren't being forced to use it. I'd appreciate it if you didn't fill up the thread with wasteful posts.
      You are right,but please dont let some people stop you in your amazing work for the community!

LOL, "patched by Roxy" appears in the patched VIDA in the top VIDA graphic . I don't blame you Roxy, you deserve it.

:P Happy New Years! I'm going to be working on the VIDA code to try and update the web interface so it's the first of possibly many patches...

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast