VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 23
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
      Thank you so much for this software.

I found a newer version (supposedly) that requires a USB stick (hardware key). Can you speak to what more this offers, if anything? If I purchase this and provide the community with images, do you think we can open source it?
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by silent-circuit View Post
      Thank you so much for this software.

I found a newer version (supposedly) that requires a USB stick (hardware key). Can you speak to what more this offers, if anything? If I purchase this and provide the community with images, do you think we can open source it?
      It's a scam. There is a thread on here about it already. Volvo NEVER released a 2015 version they are offering.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

Direct Install on Windows 10 Pro

Thank you Roxana for these Vida Dice install images.

If I understand correctly for the non-VM images, there is a USB install and a DVD install. I don’t have a DVD drive and would prefer not to use a USB drive.

To install on my Windows 10 Pro system with 16 GB ram, I was thinking I could just run the Vida_dvdheader/Main/setup and select the VIDA All-in-one. When I do, I get the error when checking prerequisites:

“The operating system on this computer is not supported. Vida only supports Windows 7 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit versions).”

Am I wrong, I thought I saw that this would run in Win 10 Pro. Is there a config file I could change to make it work?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Roxana, thank you for these install images.

My understanding is there are two non-VM images. One is for a USB, and the second is for a DVD. The DVD image can be copied on a drive and installed directly on the system. Will this DVD installed image work on Window 10 Pro? Is there an image or instructions for Windows 10 Pro install?

Quote Originally Posted by rjj100 View Post
      Thank you Roxana for these Vida Dice install images.

If I understand correctly for the non-VM images, there is a USB install and a DVD install. I don’t have a DVD drive and would prefer not to use a USB drive.

To install on my Windows 10 Pro system with 16 GB ram, I was thinking I could just run the Vida_dvdheader/Main/setup and select the VIDA All-in-one. When I do, I get the error when checking prerequisites:

“The operating system on this computer is not supported. Vida only supports Windows 7 Pro (32-bit and 64-bit versions).”

Am I wrong, I thought I saw that this would run in Win 10 Pro. Is there a config file I could change to make it work?

Hey, first you don't need a DVD drive to use the direct installer or DVD copy. I uploaded it as a Zip file. Also, yes you can install it on Windows 10. You need to follow the instructions already provided in this thread and the other threads here on SS. If you don't want to tackle the direct install yourself, I charge a small fee to do it remotely. If you have questions, feel free to PM me.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

I'm sorry, but I don't know if im stup*d or blind or both but I don't find a "walk-through" or "how-to" installation guide for the direct install on Win 10. Not in this thread and not in the google drive. Can someone please tell me where I have to look for...?

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolukas View Post
      I'm sorry, but I don't know if im stup*d or blind or both but I don't find a "walk-through" or "how-to" installation guide for the direct install on Win 10. Not in this thread and not in the google drive. Can someone please tell me where I have to look for...?
      https://forums.swedespeed.com/#/topics/242441

Quote Originally Posted by Volvolukas View Post
      Read Post #1 in this thread carefully. What you need is to install the Virtual Machine (VM) version on a Win10 computer. If you're not familiar with VM's, as I was not before exploring this very thread, it is a software application that installs another operating system running from within Windows (or another primary OS). In this case, you will be installing the Virtual Machine software application, and that will install and run a stripped-down version of Win7, Windows Internet Explorer (v9?), and VIDA, which will run in IE9. I struggled through this whole process until the light switch got flicked on in the attic, too. If you nose around the topic "Virtual Machine" with our friend Google, you'll see what's in that arena. The nuts and bolts are that the host OS on your machine needs memory and processor to run itself and the VM environment, WIN7, IE9, and VIDA, hence the computer hardware requirements. So, when you get that far, shut down any unnecessary processes so VIDA doesn't run unbearably slow. The good news is that Roxana has tweaked everything in the VM scenario that mere mortals (like me) would be flummoxed by, so that all we have to do is install it per instructions in Post 1.
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

I tried to make things easy... I do want to mention because a few people seem to think the Windows 7 VM is for those RUNNING Windows 7 and Windows 10 VM is for those with Windows 10... It's not. That is what version of Windows the VM is running... nothing to do with your current version.

Anyone else get .dll errors when trying to install? I downloaded the files, went to run VIDA-VM-VB.ova and get the following dll errors:

MSVCP140.dll
      VCRUNTIME140.dll

I tried repairing the VM install, but get the same errors. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post
      Anyone else get .dll errors when trying to install? I downloaded the files, went to run VIDA-VM-VB.ova and get the following dll errors:

MSVCP140.dll
      VCRUNTIME140.dll

I tried repairing the VM install, but get the same errors. Any suggestions? Thanks.
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...s.aspx?id=5555

Pretty sure that's what you need.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
      06 S40 T5 AWD : DO88 intercooler : 3" EST downpipe : Eibach springs (1" drop) : Magnaflow cat-back exhaust : Hilton stage 2.5 tune

Thanks, gave that a try and got:

A newer version of Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable has been detected on the machine.

Had no idea this would be quite so frustrating to install!!

Quote Originally Posted by abcdefghii View Post

MSVCP140.dll
      VCRUNTIME140.dll

Please post more details.

1. What OS are you running? 32bit or 64bit?

2. What virtualization platform did you download? VMware or Virtualbox?

3. Which VM image did you download from my Google Drive?

Windows 10 64bit.

Tried both, VMWare gave those .dll errors. Tried yesterday using VirtualBox provided by albino71 (post 163). Using that I get "Failed to import appliance"

Initially tried downloading the 2014D Installer.7z file, then tried using the VIDA VM (Win10) version.

What antivirus do you have running? Sounds almost like something is trying to block you from installing anything to do with virtualization...

None, well, just Windows Defender. Nothing at the router level either, if I get time will try disabling Windows Defender and see if that works.

Trying again now, uninstalled and reinstalled VirtualBox, currently importing appliance "Win7-x86-Vida"

Edit: Success!! Installed VirtualBox again and this time it works. Loaded up VIDA.

Thank you
      Last edited by abcdefghii; 01-17-2020 at 11:42 AM.

You're welcome. Enjoy!

Here's a quick stat... If you combine the number of times all of the VMs have been downloaded, it's over 20,000 and just from when I was hosting it on a company server, and OneDrive business... This doesn't not include Google drive.

I didn't know there was that many Volvo owners...

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      You're welcome. Enjoy!
      It's already come in handy just on pulling some of the interior pieces apart. Now to buy a Dice unit

Here's a quick stat... If you combine the number of times all of the VMs have been downloaded, it's over 20,000 and just from when I was hosting it on a company server, and OneDrive business... This doesn't not include Google drive.

I didn't know there was that many Volvo owners...
      That's a pretty awesome stat, now if only more of those Volvo owners would post up DIY's of work that they have done, we could build a really useful library of information!
      Last edited by abcdefghii; 01-17-2020 at 04:01 PM.

It would be nice but one thing I know about people, a lot of them love to get and not many like to give unless they are giving some $41t. I've received some hateful emails as soon as I decided to sell my Volvo. Kinda makes me want to leave the community altogether once it sells...

Sad but true. I am primarily working on an audio upgrade for my V60, but plan to document as much as I can for anyone trying to do the same, especially as finding information has been tough going. Coming from an Audi community to the Volvo has been quite a shock in the amount of information readily available when it comes to DIY jobs!

I can't understand what would prompt someone to send you a hateful email for selling YOUR Volvo, and would not blame you one bit for leaving the community entirely once it has sold.

Well, one of them was a guy that when I said I service it myself, I did a lot of work, he went into the whole you're a women, you belong in the kitchen. This is why white men can't get good jobs. He wouldn't trust any car a woman worked on. I wasn't selling it because I want to. I need to for personal reasons. I love my car. My family is a Volvo family. I was planning on staying because of this VIDA project I created and getting another Volvo later...

Wow. Speechless. That kind of attitude made no sense 70 years ago, hard to fathom someone thinking like that today.

I run into that crap a lot. I do IT for industrial companies and so many of their employees will tell me to leave the property because it's not safe for me. Yet not one of them will go into a 4ft x4ft basket and get lifted 100ft into the air to step on a catwalk 2ft wide and 200yrd long, 480v exposed power line that runs the cranes next to the catwalk and the only thing keeping you from hitting the ground if you fall is the safety strap stopping you and 480v line that is going to fry you if they didn't turn it off like they were supposed to.

If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? Seems like you run into a lot of stupid people!

North Carolina

As far as I'm concerned you're a f*****g legend. If I had the money I'd buy your car right now, if only just to say I got it from you. For real.

F**k those idiots. We aren't all like that.

Thanks, Roxana.

I know not every is like that. I received thanks from people on here for this project, not as many as downloads but still a few hundred.

Hi there guys i just downloaded the virtual build (VIDA VM (Win10) English - R2) but its password locked when i try extracting it cant find the password anywhere in the thread can anyone help please.

It's seriously, in the first post in bold leters...

It would be nice but one thing I know about people, a lot of them love to get and not many like to give unless they are giving some $41t. I've received some hateful emails as soon as I decided to sell my Volvo. Kinda makes me want to leave the community altogether once it sells...
      Please don't go, Roxana! Ignore the brainless dropkicks, although it may be hard to do when they get personal. Appreciating you is personal for many of us, too, and we do. I've said it before, and I'm happy to do it again: Thank you, Roxana, for all of your hard work churning out usable VIDA iterations, and continuing to support the community by providing answers when they're needed.
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Another grateful swedespeed member here Roxana.

I'm shocked to hear the hateful rhetoric but at the same time, not really. It's shameful what people will write from behind their keyboard. Just goes to show how far we still need to go in terms of gender equality and respect...

I had tried to install and run on my MacBook earlier this spring, but then fell back to my wife's Windows laptop and got it running on a VM there. I thought I needed VIDA to facilitate my tune before Contrast advised me or wasn't needed (he uses a proprietary flash loader).

Anyhow, finally needed VIDA yesterday to pull some codes and very happy to have it working.

Thank you!
      2006 XC90 2.5T AWD - Contrast Works Stage 2 tune with Eco Enhance mode, Snabb fresh air pipe and downpipe, custom triple resonated catback, HEICO (BMC) sport air filter, Bilstein B4 front struts with HEICO rear struts and lowering springs, IPD Swaybars, strut brace conversion kit, and subframe bushing inserts. Fast FC05 20x8.5 with 255/45/20 Conti DWS06. Falken HS449 235/65/17 winters. JL 500/1 with Pioneer TS-SWX2502 subwoofer under cargo tray. LED low/hi beams, Tuxmats.

Wow ima Jump on this thanks

Thank you for your work and effort, Roxana!

I've used one of your virtual machines the last few times I've been using Vida.
      Windows 10 kept destroying my native Vida installation, and I decided life was too short to fight it.

My newest computer hardware ended up running Linux Mint since it wouldn't accept any older windows version than 10 or boot as Hackintosh.
      Last week I got myself an i7-3770 computer and cloned the HD from my main desktop computer.
      So now I'm back in business with lightning speed XP.

Right now I would also love to have a B20 engine in my 2007 XC70.
      The water pump on the 185HP D5 broke and destroyed the timing belt.
      Just replacing the cylinder head is so much work on this engine.

It is OK to sell a Volvo once in a while, but you should always try to buy more Volvos than you sell :-)

I just found this thread and am excited to try to set up! I'm just back in a Volvo for the first time in 8+ years and even though I won't do much mechanical stuff on my own because i live in a condo, it would be great to be able to diagnose and access instructions (see my other post on bluetooth installs--I can do accessory and interior work on my own). Plus my mom is moving here so I'll have her XC90 too until we decide to sell it. I am just technical enough so am optimistic I can get this set up as a virtual on my Win10 laptop and fumble around--hopefully won't blow anything up! Will report back.

And THANK YOU ROXANA! You and so many others here are why these forums are such an awesome thing! And those a-holes who said you should stay in the kitchen need a 240 dropped on their heads!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast