VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 26
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
      Hi, new here !

Thanks to @roxanaschram, VIDA 2014D works like a charm since couple of weeks.

I've further questions :

- Is there a way to enable Accessories site ?
      - Does "Diagram and mechanical shchemas" requires EWD extension ?
      - Does-it possible to upgrade to 2015A from a 2014D version (Win 10) ?

Thank you in advance

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Link location

Hi,

Can somebody please help me in finding a working link to the VIDA image file that can be run using VMWare?

- Harry

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Direct Install or USB Version walkthrough

Hello everyone I'm having issues installing Vida with either USB or direct installer versions. I've tried 3 times with each and I'm getting a bit frazzled. I'm sure this probably has been addressed but gave up looking through posts after the 5th page. I recently got in a wreck during some bad rain in SoCal and hydroplaned on the freeway @ 60mph. Thankfully I'm fine and didn't hit anyone but my beloved '04 XC90 is a bit worse for wear. She's structurally solid and i incurred no frame damage as such I'm now a Volvo fan for life! Been replacing damaged parts and I'm almost ready to start tackling the SRS system so being able to do all the resetting and diagnostic myself would save me a mint. Any and all help would be very much appreciated.
      I'm running a:
      Panasonic ToughBook
      Intel Core2 Duo P8600 @ 2.4GHz
      4GB RAM 120GB SSD w/72GB free
      Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64 bit

I'll be making a post documenting all the repairs and the very limited extent of the damage given the conditions that morning. Needless to say I'm now shopping for a Volvo sedan for my wife to replace her Murano.

I recently went through this - I'm not saying the directions are wrong, but here's what I did that worked for me.

"I got it working, but it didn't seem like I was following the directions as outlined. It seems like when you download VMWare that finds what it needs to (somehow). When I installed VMWare and opened it VIDA was there and ready to go, despite my not doing anything with the 2014D Installer.7z file I extracted. Anyway . . . "

Once you have it right back up your computer with a system image regularly. I think I would rather go through a system re-image than fight the VIDA install.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by m002922 View Post
      I recently went through this - I'm not saying the directions are wrong, but here's what I did that worked for me.

"I got it working, but it didn't seem like I was following the directions as outlined. It seems like when you download VMWare that finds what it needs to (somehow). When I installed VMWare and opened it VIDA was there and ready to go, despite my not doing anything with the 2014D Installer.7z file I extracted. Anyway . . . "

Once you have it right back up your computer with a system image regularly. I think I would rather go through a system re-image than fight the VIDA install.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
      After walking away from it for a day I was finally able to get it running. I totally feel you on the directions not being super detailed but rather a general outline of what should be done. for me I'm not sure what did it as i did many things before i attempted a couple more times.
      I made sure every single windows update was installed even optional ones, and updated my Java. Installed the direct installer again and restarted several times. tried running it and finally got to the VIDA Log-in screen (I would only get a blank white window before), but couldn't type anything. Closed VIDA then right clicked the icon and ran as administrator which allowed me to log- in at last. Thanks m002922 for the heads up on making an image as that thought didn't even cross my mind.
      I've hooked it up to my XC90 and got a complete list of what I need. I would like to send my deepest thanks to roxanaschram for all her hard work on this VIDA Build and the updates with it.
      I look forward to being part of this wonderful community and will contribute in any way I possibly can. I already have a few ideas for the XC90 after she's back to her old self again.
      Last edited by TioNoni; 04-20-2020 at 10:38 AM.

I'm not sure where you guys are getting the instructions to install VIDA using the direct installer. My instructions are for a VM only. If you want to install VIDA using the direct install method, instructions and support are available in the link I put below. I'm not offering support for the direct install method or the "2014D Installer.7z" file. I made it available just to make it available with the updates for those that want to directly install and make it easier for me when I'm installing it remotely for someone.

https://forums.swedespeed.com/showth...indows-10-Pro&
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

roxanaschram - let me start by saying I'm not in any way throwing stones, and acknowledge this is in all likelihood my misunderstanding of the directions, but I will say that what I'm referring to is the original post at the beginning of this thread.

The directions I tripped up on are:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OH...uMQI1j086HOnw8 (I edited the post because this mis-posted due to my error)

From this I took that I would be doing VM Setup (not direct install), so I worked from the "Virtual Machine Setup" instructions.

In following those it seems that the "locate the file "Service Marchine.vmx" has you going into the Image download . . . but I'm going off of memory on this.

Again, it is probably my misunderstanding, but I do think if I am claiming confusion I owe you an answer as to what confused me. Without all the work you did in putting this together I would have had 0% chance of getting this installed and functional, so my hats are off to you.
      Last edited by m002922; 04-20-2020 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Bad Link

Just a PSA for anyone running the VirtualBox version, it only communicates to the DICE with USB2 selected in USB settings.
      Neither 1 or 3 work.

To enable 2 and 3 an add on package needs to be downloaded from VirtualBox and installed on the host computer. I forget exactly what that package is as I did it for the first time ages ago.

I reinstalled my machine from scratch & came back across the USB issue, so I thought i’d share.

Does the most recent build "VIDA VM with Windows 10" include EWD? Or do you need to install that separately?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffsws View Post
      Does the most recent build "VIDA VM with Windows 10" include EWD? Or do you need to install that separately?
      The EWD is it's own double-density DVD ISO image available for download at the beginning of this tread in Downloads>Extras (loosely, not a direct quote) If VIDA is running, and the EWD disc is run, the option occurs to run it separately or add it to VIDA. It works best added to VIDA and accessed from within, as the interface for the index using the disc as standalone is quite cumbersome. VIDA finds and displays wiring diagrams based on what vehicle is selected and the section you are exploring.
      2009 XC90 FWD 3.2, 2013 S60 T5
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Quote Originally Posted by jcadlols View Post
      Just a PSA for anyone running the VirtualBox version, it only communicates to the DICE with USB2 selected in USB settings.
      Neither 1 or 3 work.

To enable 2 and 3 an add on package needs to be downloaded from VirtualBox and installed on the host computer. I forget exactly what that package is as I did it for the first time ages ago.

I reinstalled my machine from scratch & came back across the USB issue, so I thought i’d share.

This only works if your computer port you are using is a USB 2.0 port. This setting only represents which USB bus you are using. For my laptop, I only have USB 3.0 and higher so using USB 2.0 won't work. Also, this topic was covered already.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

Awaiting Approval
      What vida works with this software? 2014D or 2015A?
      Also can we program key and remote with it?

Hy roxanaschram,
      Your tutorial is really complete. I would have a question, I bought the 2013 version of Vida, I installed it on my PC under win10, I did not connect the car to the box and I do not have access to the entire Vida, no access to diagnosis, repair, etc ...
      I downloaded your kit and I thought I would get a new laptop under Win10, what software should be installed for it to work well?
      I found a 2014 A 2099 patch, I don't know if that could do it with your version of Vida 2014.
      Thank you in advance for your precious help
      Last edited by VolvoFanQuébec; 04-28-2020 at 10:41 PM.

No joy with DiCe win7 but success with win10

Thanks Roxana Schram ! Messed about with a Win7 version on Virtual Box with a Chinese DiCe...no joy with their software or any downloads on here..couldn't get it to work with the hardware... it had the error 10 on the driver even though it looked OK on the host (win7) it didn't work in the VM. So put Roxanas win 10 VM onto a really new Win10 laptop. Including the oracle extensions for USB 3 etc. Worked first time. Even worked out how to talk to a 2016 V40 even though it can't decode the VIN...Brill thanks. good luck all and keep up the good work.

Hi Guys

I have VIDA 2014D and it has running a year now and have not had any problem until now when I checked my 2012 year v70. I can read fault codes and erase them but I can not access the modules and test sensors or other thing. Mine is china clone, does it mean that it has timed out? What do you suggest? I tested it on 2007 xc90 and 2008 v70 and the result is same. I tried different usernames but still the same

Best Linntamm

Does everything work OK except the "Diagnostics" tab is not available? If that is the case, be sure and double check that all of the vehicle profile boxes are filled in and the "OK" is checked.
      In the past: '89 745, '91 940, '82 242, '67 122S, '67 123GT, '71 142E, '62 PV544.

Quote Originally Posted by Capndirk View Post
      Does everything work OK except the "Diagnostics" tab is not available? If that is the case, be sure and double check that all of the vehicle profile boxes are filled in and the "OK" is checked.
      The diagnostic window works but under that vehicle communication does not work. Like I said I can read codes and erase them, but I cannot communicate with different modules and cant run tests.

Linntamm

Dice not communicating with 2014D

I have installed everything and am able to log in with admin service is running and everything seams good. I start up the car and hook up the DICE lights light up. I plug USB into the computer (win 7 IE9) the USB light flashes for a few sec and then goes off. It seems like it is not talking to the program. I can check in the device manager and the DICE shows up there. Is there something i am doing wrong? Seems like I have been fighting with this for a while.

For some reason I'm having an error when booting from the USB build : "Error: cannot find GRLDR in all drive. CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Have poked around with my BIOS settings and everything is all set for legacy, secure disabled, etc.

Tried in two different PCs and same issue. Is it somehow a Windows 10 update issue? Any insight is helpful. Been Googling for hours and come up empty handed. Thanks guys (and gals)

Quote Originally Posted by robphalen View Post
      I have installed everything and am able to log in with admin service is running and everything seams good. I start up the car and hook up the DICE lights light up. I plug USB into the computer (win 7 IE9) the USB light flashes for a few sec and then goes off. It seems like it is not talking to the program. I can check in the device manager and the DICE shows up there. Is there something i am doing wrong? Seems like I have been fighting with this for a while.
      Is VIDA running before the DICE is connected? Windows does weird things with hardware it doesn't recognize, like thinking a serial GPS is a mouse.

Quote Originally Posted by db519 View Post
      For some reason I'm having an error when booting from the USB build : "Error: cannot find GRLDR in all drive. CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart"

Have poked around with my BIOS settings and everything is all set for legacy, secure disabled, etc.

Tried in two different PCs and same issue. Is it somehow a Windows 10 update issue? Any insight is helpful. Been Googling for hours and come up empty handed. Thanks guys (and gals)
      I'm certainly no expert on the USB version, but just as a guess, I'll venture that the USB drive image is at fault There's a great bit of info on your issue in Google and the common thing is that the fault only exists when attempting to boot from USB. It would seem to me, and again; no expert and just guessing, that the GRUB bootloader is software called after the BIOS has run, so must reside on the boot device. The hard drive would be ignored once boot commences on the designated drive (USB).
      Final disclaimer: WAG (Wild Assed Guess)

I'm certainly no expert on the USB version, but just as a guess, I'll venture that the USB drive image is at fault There's a great bit of info on your issue in Google and the common thing is that the fault only exists when attempting to boot from USB. It would seem to me, and again; no expert and just guessing, that the GRUB bootloader is software called after the BIOS has run, so must reside on the boot device. The hard drive would be ignored once boot commences on the designated drive (USB).
      Final disclaimer: WAG (Wild Assed Guess)
      Your WAG response is appreciated . Grubloader is pre-installed on the USB image. Funny this issue just cropped up when I started plugging it into a Win10 device. So it must be UEFI related. So I made multiple attempts to rectify it. I unzipped the .IMZ file and changed the .IMA to .IMG. Loaded that in Rufus and wrote a MBR that was UEFI-compliant. And again I disabled Secureboot and any other legacy-bootrom blocking feature in BIOS on both test machines at my place.

It didn't work I hope Roxy can help! Might have to use VM version instead but I loved the convenience of having the USB drive that I could use with anyone's laptop. Along with being friendly to low end devices. Hope I'm just missing something simple but I feel like I've really done my homework.

Is VIDA running before the DICE is connected? Windows does weird things with hardware it doesn't recognize, like thinking a serial GPS is a mouse.
      VIDA is running and ready before plugging the DICE in. I plug it into the car first and then the USB in to the computer.
      The Dice Unit is recognized by the computer in device manager and seems to list the correct driver but VIDA doesn't seem to talk to it at all.

You're clearly well ahead of my knowledge, but in my experience, limited as it may be, I find that taking the error messages literally sometimes works. First, is the Grbloader actually named "GRLDR", and then how about slapping a copy on the C:/ root directory?
      I'm definitely in WAG area, here, but no one else is chipping in Al least you know that someone else can read your posts.
      I don't know if the sainted Roxanaschram is still monitoring, here. I remember her saying that she had to sell off her rolling stock. I certainly hope she sticks with us and hasn't switched her affections to another brand

Quote Originally Posted by robphalen View Post
      VIDA is running and ready before plugging the DICE in. I plug it into the car first and then the USB in to the computer.
      The Dice Unit is recognized by the computer in device manager and seems to list the correct driver but VIDA doesn't seem to talk to it at all.
      Well, if you're near San Diego, we could switch around DICE units, but that's all I got!

The USB image was meant for NON UEFI systems although it will work on UEFI systems with UEFI is DISABLED. If you are having issues where you can boot once but then it won't boot a second time, check your BIOS/firmware settings. Try re-imaging it or using a different USB flash drive. I listed a recommended brand and model and have not had issues with the image using the recommended one.

As for not communicating with the vehicle but you can read and clear codes, it's most likely going to be your DICE unit.

Hey Rox,

Thanks for the response. I believe it was actually my USB drive that was faulty. Funny it was a Sandisk Cruzer but I tried running e2b repair / update and it wouldn't even run a chkdsk!

So I installed the direct install version using your files, and trixie's guide from the other thread. What a dynamic duo you guys make Much thanks.

Awaiting Approval

Virtual Machine issues on a Mac for VIDA

I believe I've followed the instructions correctly but am unable to load the virtual machine.

So far I've:

- downloaded VMware Fusion
      - downloaded the most recent file (VIDA VMware (Win10)) and have extracted the files using The Unarchiver.
      - Double clicked on Vida Service Machine.vmx

I then get an error message: "This virtual machine appears to be in use. If this virtual machine is not in use, press the "Take Owenership" button to obtain ownership of it."

Is there something I am missing? Did I not download the correct files for Mac to run the virtual machine? HELP!

When I had the VM version, I simply double clicked VIDA and the whole thing worked. Didn't try to initiate VM first.

Vida Dice 2014D

Dear Roxana, from where should I download Volvo Vida 2014D and how to install.Have a new PC with windows 10.
      Would like help and support.
      Greetings Dallas135
      For direct installs, just download the file 2014D Installer. 7z. This file contains everything you should need to install including patches and updates.

First I want to thank the person for the VM its has save me lots of trouble trying to get it installed. be nice if i could use. Not fault of software but i wanted to get this sorted quickly since i was looking my my new ride the dice units would have taken to long so i ordered a VCX nano supposed to use same software. But VM drivers don't know what to do with the VCX device. I'm trying to find just the drivers to load in VM. If not I will have to wait until i can get the correct unit. any other ideas be nice.

This is the unit although mine came through amazon
      https://www.vxdiagshop.com/search/?q=Volvo+dice&DirID=
      08 XC90 3.2 AWD just over 200k km and moody

Where can I download this file 2014D Installer.7z. ????????

Vida Error, can not connect to database

Hello great image
      downloaded VM image loading in virtual box loads fine but I get the message
      Vida Error, can not connect to database
      and dice then cannot connect to the host

I have redownloaded image same result
      applied all patches still same
      any ideas
      thank you steve

roxanaschram thank for the hard work

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas135 View Post
      Where can I download this file 2014D Installer.7z. ????????
      Downloads are in the first post in this thread.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast