VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by ggleavitt View Post
      Which VIDA version are you running out of curiousity? Access scenario sounds like a pre-2013.
      Nope. I forgot to say it's 2014D but I just tried the roxy patch and now it works again. Thanks roxy!
      "The top-end T8's are like 'dictator opulent'. It screams 'drive me through the Kremlin in a military parade with some ICBMs on trucks'" - TheVolvo
      "Just change all 4 tires at the same time when needed and it feels always like a flying carpet"
      "Car was dusty and dirty yet he cleaned it without using any water. It scared me and I am afraid of nothing"
      "XC70 FWD is like a beer with 0% Alc. Wtf, realy wtf."
      " I am sure I will buy a mainstream car with great mileage and a plug-in instead of a but-plug 🖤"
      - CrossingCountries

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just an FY! from Volvo: Pirated DiCE products are becoming increasingly common. These units are mostly available from aftermarket sources and websites. These units commonly cost between one half to two thirds the Volvo price, sometimes including an illegal version of VIDA. Technically, the units are of much less quality and they have been proven to introduce diagnostics and fault tracing issues, as well as new problems into the vehicle. All of which will result in repair delays and customer dissatisfaction.

Most importantly, Volvo will not provide support to customers using these units. Volvo can only support DiCE tools manufactured to our standards from Bosch or those based on J2534-2 certifications.
      I think I would pay 1/3 more for a genuine Bosch DICE, but how to buy????

First off, all hail Caesar! Thank you so much for this utility the downloads are invaluable. I have a desktop system (Win_7_Ultimate 64bit i5-4670k CPU @ 3.40 GHz, 4GB RAM) devoted to running Vida DiCE 2014D VM image.
      As commented by others it is full of invaluable information and it is displaying on a Polaroid HD small screen tv which seems to cope with the high resolution 4K setup well in auto mode (did you know in Japan they have 8k?).
      I am a Mac man, it is decades since I used windows with any familiarity, so with IE which remains infamous in my eyes and predictably it or Vida is playing up. In the information tab of Vida, where all the detailed script and diagrammes are to be found, an opaque area, some 2/3rds of the screen area, is concealing the information. I am trying (real-time) to access my printer, thus far fruitlessly.
      So is anyone else experiencing this frustration, or can you advise what modifications to IE within the VW can be made to resolve this?

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Thank you roxanaschram!
      With the latest patch of yours I was able to get my VIDA soft working and DiCE unit up and running with my vehicle.
      Installed on a laptop win7Pro 32bit, 4GB RAM, i7-3720QM.
      2010 V70 3.2

With IE, you can 'zoom out' with (CTRL & -). Not sure how well this will work with VIDA. Also you can try to change the display resolution. Even though I setup with a 4K display, it should automatically change to what ever your monitor can handle. Also, go full screen with the VM. As far as the printer goes, you will need to tell VMWare to FORWARD the printer to the VM. You can do this but finding the menu that lists the USB devices connected and tell it to connect that device to the VM.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

I haven't used VIDA in awhile and was just able to log on fine without running a patch. I downloaded it originally a year ago. Could the date have already been changed?
      Past: '94 854, '99 S70 T5 SE, '99 S70 GLT, '04 S60R M, '12 S60 T5, '13 S60 T5, '15 S60 RD, '05 V70R GT
      Present: '95 854 T-5R, '06 XC70, '15 XC70 T6, '15.5 XC60 T6, '16 V60 P*

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne T5 View Post
      I haven't used VIDA in awhile and was just able to log on fine without running a patch. I downloaded it originally a year ago. Could the date have already been changed?
      Interesting. You can tell the expiration date by looking at the License file inside Vida. Open it with Notepad. I used Roxy's Service Machine to setup mine on VirtualBox and it had an expiration of 31Dec2017 in the License file. I have wondered about this issue with those being sold now on CD and wondered how that License file applies to those.
      Last edited by GMAX; 01-05-2018 at 07:54 AM.

So it looks like having the second download link was a good thing, just this week it's transferred over 2TB.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

Hello, i try to solve a problem on my vida. I see the new patch and install i can not write 1 or admin when log in. I can text what i what but nothing appear on the login....

Do you know what is the problem? Vida 2014A

HEY, I've created two different patches, both are self installing and apply. They apply the subscription and registry patch that some might need. Follow the link on the first post... Let me know what happens.

roxanaschram , thanks for the provide of VIDA. Installed without problems according to the instruction. Due to my car is MY18 (V40 cross country) i think that the car will not be recognized by VIDA. What do you think..? Is there any danger (blocked/bricked) to car modules connecting the DICE...?

Anything newer than 2015 systems I think, may be 2016, require the latest version which can be downloaded straight from Volvo Tech. It does require a subscription and most likely a proper device.

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      Anything newer than 2015 systems I think, may be 2016, require the latest version which can be downloaded straight from Volvo Tech. It does require a subscription and most likely a proper device.
      Links are down

Which links?

Which links?
      Last night when I checked none of the links were working.
      I managed to get to the files using the browse function from the Volvo Transmission Adaptation. Was downloading the the true image version, got to 2GB and you updated the stuff ).
      Any chance in having that version up again. I did not had a look on the usb version yet, can I put this version on a SSD ? (I am downloading it now, 9 hours left)
      Any additional links ? I have a OneDrive account and GDrive Account, can host them.

You might want to try again, 9 hours is something gone wrong. It's sitting on a 1Gb fibre connection. I can put the True Image back up, I haven't gotten around to updating it yet though.

We are now up to 4 locations for all the files... I REALLY hope this helps people out. I actually pay for all for locations too so please be grateful and don't nitpick about what you don't like. If you have a genuine suggestions, I'm all ears; or eyes in this case.

We are now up to 4 locations for all the files... I REALLY hope this helps people out. I actually pay for all for locations too so please be grateful and don't nitpick about what you don't like. If you have a genuine suggestions, I'm all ears; or eyes in this case.

Thanks for making that available again.
      On the Business Onedrive there is an extra h in the https which brakes the hyperlink.
      I get 2.5 MB/s now on the drive

In the licence files there are multiple cid`s, do you think we can enable more, or are they enabled all?
      Maybe more functionality can be obtained by adding more stuff in the licences ?

Might want to try another server and see if it helps with the speed. I just got 30MB/s from OneDrive Business... Thanks for letting me know about the link. It's been fixed now.

Might want to try another server and see if it helps with the speed. I just got 30MB/s from OneDrive Business... Thanks for letting me know about the link. It's been fixed now.

What do you think about sysprepping an install and do an image of that ?
      I am in UK therefore craaap speed.

Where about? Hyperoptic and BT both have 1gb fibre for 48£... I probably should launch a server in Leeds or London. I am looking at doing a sysprep but boy is it going to be big!

Where about? Hyperoptic and BT both have 1gb fibre for 48£... I probably should launch a server in Leeds or London. I am looking at doing a sysprep but boy is it going to be big!
      Birmingham, but in the area is not even Virgin available, stuck with 30Mb`s from BT.
      If you limit it to 30GB people should be able to assign more space via diskmgmt if they need.

haha. Lovely area. Yeah sucks for internet. Do you know when they are going to put in new lines? The USB image is compressed to 15GB but flashed expands to 30GB. It's actually a VHDx file. You could flash it to a hard drive but some drives will need a bit extra and others won't. I am aiming to create a WIM file that you can install like you would Windows but then it will already have VIDA installed with it.

Just want to say thank you. Had my VIDA/DICE set up about a year and a half ago (with the help of nsjames in another thread), had some computer issues, lost it, never got back to resetting it up. Went back to the old thread to set it up again . . . realize that isn't going to work . . . then I find your thread.

I'm in the process of downloading and trying to install now, but regardless of if I'm savvy enough to get it working, what you have done here is incredibly nice.

I'm on here talking about clogged A/C condenser drains and you're doing this . . . amazing.

haha. Lovely area. Yeah sucks for internet. Do you know when they are going to put in new lines? The USB image is compressed to 15GB but flashed expands to 30GB. It's actually a VHDx file. You could flash it to a hard drive but some drives will need a bit extra and others won't. I am aiming to create a WIM file that you can install like you would Windows but then it will already have VIDA installed with it.

I'm not just geek, I work on cars too. Probably the whole reason I'm still single.

Hello,

I've installed Service Machine R2 and it works even in 2018,

I don't know what to do with VIDA_USB_RC2.vhdx file.

I can mount it, but I don't know what to do further for launching Vida.

Thank you.

Happy New Year!

Rc2 is deprecated already. RC3 is out. Everything is in first post including instructions.

Roxy. in the "One Drive" link you show a split archive for USB RC3. I take it that both have to be downloaded. Is that correct?

Yes, OneDrive has a 15GB file size limit and it was just over the file size limit so I had to split the archive

As I mentioned before, I'll be working on the sites UI...

Have you thought about trying to modify the database to accept newer cars? V70 was made until 2016 as an example. If you try newer car VIDA will not decode it even if it should work technicaly.

Keep up the good work!

I'm pretty sure it's more than just something in the database, otherwise someone more experienced than me would have got it already. They probably have a different encryption and BUS technology used not supported by 2014D and earlier.

It is the same for that platform. I just think it is a big work to rebuild the database. S/V/XC90 from 2015 is different though. That is basen on the SPA platform.

Hi Roxy

Im playing with your USB image.

I have installed it on a 32G USB stick but I cant see any way of making it run?

Do I need something to read the ISO image?

Im running Windows 7 on this machine.

I have the VM version working perfectly on a laptop but the USB version seems more difficult to master?

There is a walk-through document for how to flash the image to a USB flash drive. You can find it by clicking on one of the links. When the link opens, there is a folder called documents. Pretty simple process. On my system, I can fully flash and reboot in under 15 minutes.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast