VIDA Dice 2014D VM Image - Download Link - Page 30
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30
    Results 1,016 to 1,045 of 1045
      Are there any problems with the registration process at the moment?
      Because today I tried to register several times. The registration page says "Success," but I did not receive an email with the password. I tried 2 different Gmails and 1 from my local mail provider. I waited a few hours before posting here, just to make sure I gave some time for the mail to arrive - but they didn't.
      Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There was an issue earlier today, the site was overwhelmed by the number of people or bots trying to access it all at once and I didn't notice until about an an hour ago. It's been reboot and back up
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

Quote Originally Posted by roxanaschram View Post
      There was an issue earlier today, the site was overwhelmed by the number of people or bots trying to access it all at once and I didn't notice until about an an hour ago. It's been reboot and back up
      It's OK now, I managed to register. Is there a way to use an USB drive to run the software? I would like to create a USB bootable drive, like before.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

I've been debating on putting that image back up or not. I had found a few listing where people where using that image and selling bootable VIDA USB drives on eBay. It may be something I just sell the USB flash drives already to go directly from the site along with DICE units and also ready to go laptops...
      Last edited by roxanaschram; 09-10-2020 at 04:15 PM.
      2002 Volvo V70XC * Stage 2 Hilton Racing Tune * Custom Exhaust * Custom bi-xenon projector headlights (pampered)
      1997 Acura SLX 4wd - 2" lift - Locker - bi-xenon HID headlights - Cerwin Vega speakers (daily driver)

I'll upload the image later tonight when I'm home.

I'll upload the image later tonight when I'm home.
      It's annoying when someone steals your job. But I think a USB drive is really useful for someone like me - I have 2 laptops (personal + work) and I usually don't have a lot of free space on them (smaller SSDs). That's why I used a USB drive, but my old one broke and I'm trying to create a new one atm.

Once more thanks for your great work!

Direct install 7z

1st off outstanding community spirit and a very professional Diagnostic website, thank you for your hard work Roxana.

Despite the recommended computer spec, I tried my old AMD 1.6Ghz laptop overClocked to 2.3Ghz 8MB RAM with the VM version. I had it working twice! but I think It really struggles and script/SQL times out. The VIDA Monitor is stuck on "halted" which in turn leads to VIDA database cannot be found. R-click on monitor icon to try and restart = Nothing. Close the VIDA monitor, and then found the exe file in C:VIDA (VM) for VIDA monitor, double click launch, again "halted". So I've clean up the laptop- reinstalled a clean copy of WIN 10, carried out all updates.

So, ready to try the Direct install.... the web site has changed from a MS one drive to the Volvo Diagnostics Virtual Machines and Installers by Roxana. I have registered and downloaded Direct install.

The 7z password V0lv02Rule doesn't work for unzipping the file, where am I going wrong?
      Thanks

UK. V70 P2 2.4i - C30 1.6D - S60 D5

Quote Originally Posted by harrympotter View Post
      1st off outstanding community spirit and a very professional Diagnostic website, thank you for your hard work Roxana.

Despite the recommended computer spec, I tried my old AMD 1.6Ghz laptop overClocked to 2.3Ghz 8MB RAM with the VM version. I had it working twice! but I think It really struggles and script/SQL times out. The VIDA Monitor is stuck on "halted" which in turn leads to VIDA database cannot be found. R-click on monitor icon to try and restart = Nothing. Close the VIDA monitor, and then found the exe file in C:VIDA (VM) for VIDA monitor, double click launch, again "halted". So I've clean up the laptop- reinstalled a clean copy of WIN 10, carried out all updates.

So, ready to try the Direct install.... the web site has changed from a MS one drive to the Volvo Diagnostics Virtual Machines and Installers by Roxana. I have registered and downloaded Direct install.

The 7z password V0lv02Rule doesn't work for unzipping the file, where am I going wrong?
      Thanks

UK. V70 P2 2.4i - C30 1.6D - S60 D5
      Which VM are you running. The windows 10 VM has higher requirements than the older VMware version.

Direct install password is volvodiag.com
      Last edited by roxanaschram; 09-11-2020 at 02:37 PM.

I've increased the number of failed log in attempts before an IP is blocked. If you try to log in times and you can't get in, RESET YOUR PASSWORD. Please! You get 5 failed attempts. If you don't know your password, reset it. If you don't see the email with your password when you sign up, check your spam. If you don't see the email to reset your password, check your spam.

Hi. I found your page when I was trying to find Vida for VM. I registered to your page and the only problem is that I cannot log in. When I press the login button it never goes anywhere.

Roxana's VirtualBox ova images run easily on Linux

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that Roxana's latest VirtualBox image for Windows 10 runs easily on Linux (any Linux distro).

Tested it on latest Linux Mint, Ubuntu and MX-Linux (which is Debian-based), all one click easy installing latest VirtualBox from their package managers, then opening VirtualBox and installing the Extension Pack, then using VirutalBox to open Roxana's .ova file. Ran easily on old laptop and even a desktop that appeared back in Gateway days.

I even tested the ova on Centos 8, a temperamental Linux distro when installing VirtualBox and then the extension pack, but after a jumping through a few hoops, VirtualBox there too easily opened and ran the ova file. Roxana's ova running on Centos 8 with VirtualBox also means the ova will easily fire up in RedHat, Fedora and OpenSuse using/doing the same thing.

Installing VirtualBox and the Extension Pack on distros like Linux Mint, Ubuntu, MX_Linux, etc is a braindead easy affair one-click using their included package managers. But on the Centos 8/Redhat/Fedora/OpenSuse, a little bit trickier but imminently doable by anyone who can drink beer and use a laptop at the same time. Here are the instructions I used to it all set up on Centos 8:

(note: you can use "yum" or "dnf", I am partial to "dnf")

1) With your Centos 8 fully updated, download Roxana's +11GB Windows 10 ova file (yes, you HAVE create an account to download it, and don't ask otherwise)

(in terminal, add virtualbox repo)
      2) $ sudo dnf config-manager --add-repo=https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/rpm/el/virtualbox.repo

(in terminal, add virtualbox asc signing key)
      3) sudo rpm --import https://www.virtualbox.org/download/oracle_vbox.asc

(in terminal, adding/installing some things from Centos repo)
      4) sudo dnf group install "Development Tools"
      5) sudo dnf install dkms
      6) sudo dnf install kernel-devel

7) Reboot/restart your Centos 8

8) now ue to your Centos 8 web browser and go to virtualbox website and download latest version of "LINUX version" of VirtualBox and the Extension Pack (recommended to verify both downloads using checksums provided by VBox)

9) install VirtualBox in Centos 8

(next, we install VirtualBox Extension Pack (can either do this through opening VirtualBox first time, or do it this manual way---manual way I prefer)
      10) go into your download folder where the Extension Pack and VirtualBox downloads are, open a terminal and type:
      ------$ sudo VboxManage extpack install Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-6.1.14.vbox-extpack
      ----------then hit Y and Enter when it asks you if you want to install the pack, then let it install.

11) Restart/reboot computer again.

That's it! Upon restart, go into the Download folder, right-click on Roxana's ova file and select 'open with VirtualBox' and then (depending on your machine's speed and ram amount), sit back and wait for it to do it's thing.

It is highly recommended (for all those computer-challenged people) to go and watch Roxana's Youtube video. She took the time to create it and put it up there for you all, so please do her the courtesy of watching it, pausing it, setting up VirtualBox like she recommends, before bombarding her with questions here in this forum. One thing I will reinforce and support what Roxana has written over and over and OVER endlessly here, is that if you are doing this on an older machine (mine is a decade+ old laptop with a 2-core chip and only 8GB ram) is that drop the core-count down to 2and also pull the ram back to 4GB for the ova, and don't forget to change the USB from 3.0 to 2.0.
      Then, hit the "Start" button and sit back and stare with appreciation at the Volvo Vida software (of course, after the ova is running in VirtualBox and you've double clicked the desktop shortcut Roxana kindly put there for you).

Finally, just want to add merci beaucoup to Roxana for all her hard work. Roxana, you should start selling DICE units too. Though, judging from this thread, I cannot begin to imagine the headaches you go through with people who simply have no clue about computers other than that there is an 'on/off' button and a thing called a mouse they click. I'd drunk myself to death back on page 16 or so ;-/

Hi All,

I'm having trouble importing the virtualbox vm.
      The error I'm getting is E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
      Tried on two different laptops, both HP Elitebooks
      1) Fresh windows 10 x64 installed with i5,8GB ram and 187GB free space
      2) again windows 10 x64 with i7, 16GB ram and 214GB of free space.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by tankardd View Post
      Hi All,

I'm having trouble importing the virtualbox vm.
      The error I'm getting is E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
      Tried on two different laptops, both HP Elitebooks
      1) Fresh windows 10 x64 installed with i5,8GB ram and 187GB free space
      2) again windows 10 x64 with i7, 16GB ram and 214GB of free space.

Any suggestions?
      What model Elitebooks? 2nd gen CPUs?

Both Elitebook 820 G3 with i7 6500U and i5 6200U respectively.
      When I'm importing the ova I'm lowering the cpu count (tried with 2 and 1) and the RAM and also unchecking DVD but its always the same error.

I'm trying to download Volvo Electronic Wiring Diagram 2014, it stars to download at approx 6.5+ MB/sec, but when i have downloaded just over 1GB it will fail every time. This was using chrome , but I'll get the same result in IE where it fails at 22%.

Is this a known problem, or could it be something at my end?

Aaaaaah, those are pretty newish. How much free space do you have on the drive prior to trying to import.

Had a few messages about the downloads not completing. If you had this issue, please try again. I've made a change to some system settings and rebooted the server. I hope this fixes the issue.

Both laptops have single partition ssd. The one with i5 had like ~180Gb and the other ~210Gb.

It worked flawless now. Thank you very much for your fast reply.

With the VMware machine it works ok, but the VT-x was disabled so I had to enable that in the BIOS first.

Glad you got something running.

Hi Roxana,

My Panasonic Toughbook CF-31 Mk 5 has these specifications:
      Win 7 Pro 64 bit
      i5-5300U processor 2.3 Ghz
      8 Gb ram
      500 Gb hard drive with over 300 Gb free
      IE11 and latest Google Chrome web browsers, Windows update also installed Edge browser last week.
      dot net versions up to 4.8, including 3.5

I would like to use your Direct Install version. Will IE11 and the dot net versions greater than 3.5 cause a problem ?

Thanks

Awaiting Approval

Vida German

So I uploaded a new Windows 10 VM, AND IT'S IN SWEDISH! Windows 10 and VIDA are both in Swedish. I really hope this helps the Swedes. Now, I am going to do another language if requested, so make your requests! The next language will be the one with the most requests.
      Attachment 67487
      Please integrate the german language into your virtual machines.
      Would be great...

here is the Language file https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DQj...w?usp=drivesdk
      It only has to be copied to the DB folder before installation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike98 View Post
      Hi Roxana,

My Panasonic Toughbook CF-31 Mk 5 has these specifications:
      Win 7 Pro 64 bit
      i5-5300U processor 2.3 Ghz
      8 Gb ram
      500 Gb hard drive with over 300 Gb free
      IE11 and latest Google Chrome web browsers, Windows update also installed Edge browser last week.
      dot net versions up to 4.8, including 3.5

I would like to use your Direct Install version. Will IE11 and the dot net versions greater than 3.5 cause a problem ?

Thanks
      You should be fine to direct install.

Quote Originally Posted by surfberlin View Post
      So I uploaded a new Windows 10 VM, AND IT'S IN SWEDISH! Windows 10 and VIDA are both in Swedish. I really hope this helps the Swedes. Now, I am going to do another language if requested, so make your requests! The next language will be the one with the most requests.
      Attachment 67487
      Would be great...

Will try to get to it soon

WSL Login keeps popping up

Hi, im facing issues with the swedish VMWare version. I installed everything by following the YouTube video. VIDA is running fine but WSL Login window keeps popping up all the time. Any solutions for this?

Also, i tried disabling the seatbelt reminder on a 2004 V70 via the programming tab. I managed to set the reminders state to OFF but yet it keeps yelling. Any tips for this?

Awaiting Approval

Compatibility with Scanmatik2 Pro

Anyone using the Scanmatik2 Pro passthrough device with this software?

WSL login window? Sorry please send picture.

Quote Originally Posted by surfberlin View Post
      Would be great...

Haven't forgotten you. Super busy with work. Will try to get to it by Tuesday when I'm off.

WSL login window? Sorry please send picture.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hCm...ew?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by pixeli View Post
      Okay, that is so weird. I haven't seen that issue. When you loaded the VM into it's Windows, did you change any settings or open any other programs besides the VIDA icon called "Vida all in one"?

33. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30