Keyless entry
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Thread: Keyless entry

My car is in the shop and the rental they gave me was a new Volvo V70. I noticed the key fob was different than mine, it had the yellow button (which seems to turn on the interior/parking lights) and the red panic button.

My question is whether or not it's possible to use this key fob on my car. Say, use the current S60's key fob for my '99 S70. Could my dealer do that? And if they could, how much would something like that cost?

Am I just being stupid?

My keyless entry:

New keyless entry:

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

quote:
      Originally posted by Jcrew:
      My car is in the shop and the rental they gave me was a new Volvo V70. I noticed the key fob was different than mine, it had the yellow button (which seems to turn on the interior/parking lights) and the red panic button.

My question is whether or not it's possible to use this key fob on my car. Say, use the current S60's key fob for my '99 S70. Could my dealer do that? And if they could, how much would something like that cost?

Am I just being stupid?

My keyless entry:

New keyless entry:

No. Just curious.

Yes, the dealer can program the alarm with that key...cost $150-250. I know someone who had that done 3 weeks ago in Germany.

4. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements