Custom Information on your DIM - CFE+
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Custom Information on your DIM - CFE+

As promised in the AutoMeter DashCommand thread, here is a new one dedicated for the new CFE+
      That way we wont have to clutter the thread with the AutoMeter DashCommand.
      Would not be fair and besides that, while there are similarities, they target slightly different user groups.

One thing to mention on forehand, i am just a Volvo enthusiast as you guys and have no commercial part in development of this device.
      Just got to know the people behind the CFE, being in software development as a profession myself i found it fun and inspiring to see how much effort these
      people are putting into developing such niche product for a bunch of petrol-heads like us ;-)

So whats in it for me, jack s***, well not completly true, i had the chanche to beta-test the new device.

I will try to highight what the CFE+ is and what it can do on top of the regular CFE.
      People not familiar with the CFE can read more about it here at http://www.volvotech.eu
      In short, the CFE is a plugin which can be used to extend our Volvo's (S60/V70/XC70/XC90 maybe even more but not sure, have to ask) with functions the car can NOT do stock from factory.

It can show additional information on the DIM (Dashboard Information Module) or boardcomputer as you will. These are for example oil-temperature, boost pressure, parking-distance indication, GPS speed, custom chosen text, etc.
      But in addition to that it can communicate with the car, by that we can actually command the car to do things like, close the windows on lock, fold mirrors on lock, shift mirrors down when engaging reverse, auto-enable seatheating when outside temperature is below X degrees, enable DRL, etc.

Well you're getting the picture, not just passive reading of available data but actually commanding the car to do something.

The CFE was already able to do a lot of this, downside was that since all our cars (read: models, types and modelyears) are different software-wise it was a hassle to make all of this work on all diifferent cars.
      There comes in the CFE+, while the old CFE communicated primarily through the low-speed canbus, the new CFE+ does this through the high-speed canbus network.
      By this, lots of functions which were available for the 00 to 04 models but werent for the 05+ are now available for all models, trough this alternate network even more can be done, so the possibilities are now 'endless' ;-)

I will try to post some pictures and ofcourse movies from the CFE+ here, answer questions if i can and join the discussion with my limited knowledge of this thingy.
      Will start this weekend, have to set my own CFE to english first so you can actually read what's on my DIM and have to make/upload some movies to youtube.
      Never did this before so should be fun

To start, will give you a few pictures (yeah, yeah, dissapointing....), movies will follow later.

Configurable through software (on your laptop);

- Gauge sweep at ignition on
      - Lock all doors and boot/trunk when the car reaches X mph/kmh
      - Retract mirrors (when is pressed, lock is pressed with already locked car, when key is removed from ignition)
      - Extend mirrors (when unlock is pressed, unlock is pressed with already unlocked car, when key is inserted in ignition, after engine is started)
      - Enable passenger window auto-up
      - Use remote control keyfob to close windows/sunroof (when lock is pressed, when lock is pressed within x seconds)
      - Vice versa for opening windows/sunroof
      - Switch on rear window-heating and mirror heating when temperature is below X degrees
      - Extend blinkers to blink at least X times
      - Extend high beam with fog lights
      - Extend approach lighting with low beam headlights, fog lights, reversing lights
      - Enable day running lights (and warn me if low beam is more appropriate)
      - When in reverse, switch on sideview mirror lighting
      - Switch parking heater on when remote is pressed 3 times
      - Set driver/passenger seat-heating when temperature is below X degrees (in summer/winter)
      - Set cruise control on after engine start
      - Enable trouble codes read/clear on DTC

Additional information on DIM (available in Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Polish, Portugese, Spanish and Swedish)

You can choose yourself what you want to show on line 1 and line 2 of the DIM and even switch while driving.

- Current GPS speed in km/h or miles
      - Cabin temperature
      - Coolant temperature
      - Fuel level in liters/gallons
      - Acceleration 0-100
      - Acceleration 0-60
      - Transaxle oil temperature
      - Boost pressure in bar/psi
      - Engine oil temperature
      - Parking sensor front (distance to objects)
      - Parking sensor rear (distance to objects)
      - Engine speed in RPM
      - Battery voltage
      - Current gear

More options on the DIM will be available, these guys are updating daily!

Note : i heard that the actual introduction of the CFE+ will be on the manufacturers website (www.volvotech.eu) tommorow, so if you're interested, monitor that.

Last edited by Vasquez; 09-07-2017 at 04:08 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Oh they just finished cornering-lights (with our fog lights), so that is also available for our Volvo's

So cool to see that they measure steering-angle and enable left or right fog light below 40 km/h of 20 miles!
      Last edited by Vasquez; 09-07-2017 at 04:14 PM.

I took a look and not sure but are these new functions available with the original can bus extender or only the new one?
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Nope, original is unchanged (but still supported), the new one has got all the old functions AND mentioned additional ones.

Besides that, with the new one all functions are supported for the ALL models (S60/V70/XC70/XC90/S80).
      For example, with the original one functions supported on 00-04 models were NOT for 05+ , all these cars look similar but computer/software are different.
      That's 'simplified' by unlocking the potential of the high-speed canbus, so the new CFE now works or a broader range of models/types.

That's why AutoMeter DashControl offers 2 different versions for different models years

That's actually really cool. Anyone in atl Tara want to go halvsies on one?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I shall be following this thread with interest as I already have CFE.
      Black V70R 2004 6-spd JR Tuning remap, Atacama leather, IPD rev.3 R boost guage, CFWerks door mirror pod, Eibach 5mm spacers, Jetex Performance filter + windowed air box, SAT NAV, Dynaudio sound with Sub, 4700k HIDs, 5000k LED fogs, 5000k LED H7, Custom exhaust, IPD Engine brace brackets, Forge CBV, TW FMIC, Brembo 'drilled' discs, D5 Oil cooler, iMiV 'Classic' Bluetooth/reverse camera, Powerflex, TTV SMF

They offer a upgrade for those with the normal cfe too! Though I have an 04 so I'm not sure if I gain anything

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
      2004 Volvo S60R M66, http://imgur.com/bkyJ9HY Gobi. Snabb intake pipe, IPD engine mount, intercooler, 3" catback, Magnaflow resonator and muffler, Phuzzy DP, Synapse DV, Snabb OTE charge pipe
      [Sold] 2004 Volvo S60T AWD Side: http://imgur.com/2rM2Lex
      My Build Thread

I've been using the CFE on my MY05 for the past 2 years and love it. I always keep on display the Speed and Coolant temp. I would like to monitor the Oil temp instead of the Speed, so I might get the CFE+. I also have programmed the automatic door lock at 7km/h, retract and extend side mirrors when locking/unlocking vehicle with remote, open and close windows with remote. It works really well

V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      Stage 2+ by contrast

It says it can say show engine oil temps ( Dim : Engine oil temp in C/F ) on turbo car How ?

I have a MK1 alu box CFE on a 2006 V70R works well but up to 2004 have more things to play with, Like the new options tho.
      Last edited by harveys; 09-09-2017 at 08:17 AM.

The level sensor may have temp built in? Or it assumes oil temp= some conversion of ECT because that is what its sinking the heat to?

Question I have is whether its ECM boost pressure PID or guessed?
      Exponents kill
      Elsa: 2004 V70R Silver Metallic&Nordkap Back from Valhalla @ 357,098 miles

Quote Originally Posted by good4y0u View Post
      They offer a upgrade for those with the normal cfe too! Though I have an 04 so I'm not sure if I gain anything

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
      The only offer the trade in program if you purchased the CFE after July 1st 2017.
      V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      Stage 2+ by contrast

There is no oil temperature sensor. The value is estimated...
      2004 S60R MT | Sapphire Black | Atacama | Tuned by myself | And a lot more...

CFE Plus, DIM Info values

Quote Originally Posted by contrast View Post
      There is no oil temperature sensor. The value is estimated...
      Hi,

One of the posters here informed me about this question and asked us to write about the CFE Plus and respond to some comments.

In regards to the DIM INFO matters;

The values shown in the DIM are neither guesses nor estimates . Displaying an estimate-or-guess would be useless, which does not fit the purpose of the CFE Plus nor the VolvoTech.EU vision!

Several P2's (not all!) do have an oil temperature sensor. It is incorporated in the oil level/quality sensor in the sump (oil pan).

Some values are derived (calculated) from multiple sensors, like the boost pressure, which is calculated real-time.
      It uses the absolute boost pressure from the standard boost pressure sensor, as well as the value from the ambient air pressure sensor to derive a relative-to-ambient boost pressure (just like gauges that are tube-connected to the turbo outlet or intake manifold).

The data used in the CFE Plus to represent readable values from in the DIM is exactly what the engine of your Volvo uses to make sure its performing optimal or what we have been able to find out to be available even if not all engines are using it.

Any suggestion for more, different or alternative multi-info DIM Info subjects are welcome of course, please be so kind to email them!
      VolvoTech.EU
      Your resource for Volvo Electronics.
      Only the best for your Volvo!

Please send any personal technical or sales matter to [email protected].
      Please find knowledge base articles on the CFE Plus here.

CFE Plus, where to find info

For more details , please read the product page :
      https://www.volvotech.eu/cfe-plus

or additionally read the Quick Reference Guid (which will be updated frequently, for example if functions are added or changed) :
      http://www.belectronics.eu/downloads...s-qrg-1.00.pdf

or look at the FAQ (which will be updated frequently as well, trying to add as much info as possible and useful) :
      http://helpdesk.belectronics.eu/know...php?category=9
      VolvoTech.EU

so this would work with an 04 V70R?
      | 04 V70R Titanium Grey/Nordkap M66 | Hilton Stage 2 | Mototec DP & Touring Exhaust | ERST Springs | Summer Mode: 18" Fast FC04A | Winter Mode: 18" Pegs |

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
      so this would work with an 04 V70R?
      Hi,

Yes. The 04 R's have past the tests so far.

There is a but. The OBD port on your 04-R (actually all P2 00-04) are not active at all time.
      The CFE Plus (as well as the CFE) requires the canbus to be available full-time.

Therefore an additional harness is required.

That harness is in production right now, and that's the reason why 00-04 is not listed yet as supported....
      VolvoTech.EU

Quote Originally Posted by volvotech.eu View Post
      Hi,

One of the posters here informed me about this question and asked us to write about the CFE Plus and respond to some comments.

In regards to the DIM INFO matters;

The values shown in the DIM are neither guesses nor estimates . Displaying an estimate-or-guess would be useless, which does not fit the purpose of the CFE Plus nor the VolvoTech.EU vision!

Several P2's (not all!) do have an oil temperature sensor. It is incorporated in the oil level/quality sensor in the sump (oil pan).

Some values are derived (calculated) from multiple sensors, like the boost pressure, which is calculated real-time.
      It uses the absolute boost pressure from the standard boost pressure sensor, as well as the value from the ambient air pressure sensor to derive a relative-to-ambient boost pressure (just like gauges that are tube-connected to the turbo outlet or intake manifold).

The data used in the CFE Plus to represent readable values from in the DIM is exactly what the engine of your Volvo uses to make sure its performing optimal or what we have been able to find out to be available even if not all engines are using it.

Any suggestion for more, different or alternative multi-info DIM Info subjects are welcome of course, please be so kind to email them!
      Hi,

I have your CFE (older RTI version)

It's a great product, but there is no oil temperature sensor. It is not incorporated in the level sensor. Even if it was, then you'd only have real time data for a very few selected Volvo models. Not alll use a level sensor. The value you are displaying is modelled temperature. Like there is no real EGT sensor, but EGT is model is active and ECM changes behaviour depending on estimated temperature.

You might as well add brake disc temperature too then...
      2004 S60R MT | Sapphire Black | Atacama | Tuned by myself | And a lot more...

It's a great product,
      VT>> Thank you kindly!

but there is no oil temperature sensor. It is not incorporated in the level sensor.
      VT>> The level sensor does contain an actual temperature sensor. It is not a modelled value as stated before. We have even built a sensor-simulator to support our R&D.

Even if it was, then you'd only have real time data for a very few selected Volvo models. Not alll use a level sensor.
      VT>> As we already wrote, not all engines come with a level sensor, i which cases we only produce "---" in the DIM, which represents the fact that we present what we read and do not model it.

The value you are displaying is modelled temperature. Like there is no real EGT sensor, but EGT is model is active and ECM changes behaviour depending on estimated temperature.
      VT>> That's a totally different situation.
      Brake disc temperature, as indicated by Vida, is a modelled value. This is clearly stated in the Vida documentation.
      IF we would represent this (brake-disc-value) on the DIM, we would actually mention clearly in a manual or similar that it is a modelled value and not a real and/or sensor value.
      VolvoTech.EU

can you display brake disc temperature? that would be interesting to see. no real use, just interesting.
      | 04 V70R Titanium Grey/Nordkap M66 | Hilton Stage 2 | Mototec DP & Touring Exhaust | ERST Springs | Summer Mode: 18" Fast FC04A | Winter Mode: 18" Pegs |

Quote Originally Posted by Enraged View Post
      can you display brake disc temperature? that would be interesting to see. no real use, just interesting.
      Pointless since it's a calculated value based on preprogrammed values for friction materials and equipment you might not have anymore (aftermarket/stock). I wouldn't consider it anything more than humorous information unless there was an IR sensor pointed at the disc.
      06 SR Sonicama GT - Hilton 2.5, Snabb intake, RS4 MAF, Billet compressor wheel, FMIC, Plasma Direct coils, and a custom dual exit exhaust. Accepting donations to have the car repainted, previous owner tailgated like an a**hole ...

Can it read transmission temp?
      '06 V70R

Quote Originally Posted by Basssteakman View Post
      Pointless since it's a calculated value based on preprogrammed values for friction materials and equipment you might not have anymore (aftermarket/stock). I wouldn't consider it anything more than humorous information unless there was an IR sensor pointed at the disc.
      That was my point. No real use, but interesting to see none the less.

Pittsburgh, PA // Ft. Bragg, NC // Woodstock, GA
      I haven't updated my original CFE, using the software, since 2011... I wonder what I have been missing all these years.
      Keoni - 2004 SR Saphakap MT||VolvoTista: BOV Kit // IPD: Strut Bar Conv, Upper Polly Mount, Trans Polly Mount // Elevate: Track Sways, SS Brake Lines, AMS // Phuzzy: FMIC, HD TCV // WothRline: Custom Tune // Custom 3" DP w/Magnaflow Cat w/ 3" Cut-Out // Custom 3" Exhaust w/Borla XR-1 muffler to dual exit 2.5" (quad tips) & Magnaflow resonator // Custom 3" CAI // SNAAB: Intake // UR: Pulley

Quote Originally Posted by tuscani66 View Post
      I haven't updated my original CFE, using the software, since 2011... I wonder what I have been missing all these years.
      Same boat here. What if any upgrades to the original CFE?
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

Quote Originally Posted by MSLV70R View Post
      Can it read transmission temp?
      yes, as long as your Volvo has an automatic gearbox.
      VolvoTech.EU

For your 06 R i guess there have been some updates since 2011... Actually... did we have the CFE online at that time? Hmmm.
      Anyways, the original CFE is still supported, we're working on a few minor bugs.
      VolvoTech.EU

It appears my CFE software is too old, I can't even update it or load the "CFE Updater" shortcut on my desktop (designated laptop for car stuff).

Will go to the website to see if I need to download the newest software, the version I have on my laptop is "V9.20" and that is only an assumption as I can start the program but based on my downloads it was the last firmware I have saved in my download list.

Volvotech.eu,
      think you're right, might have exaggerated the 2011 a little but my downloads show March 8th of 2013 on "V8.40.cfe" but came with 8.20

---adding picture---
      Capture1_zpsodxmkbsf.jpg
      Last edited by tuscani66; 09-13-2017 at 07:45 AM. Reason: adding picture
      Keoni - 2004 SR Saphakap MT||VolvoTista: BOV Kit // IPD: Strut Bar Conv, Upper Polly Mount, Trans Polly Mount // Elevate: Track Sways, SS Brake Lines, AMS // Phuzzy: FMIC, HD TCV // WothRline: Custom Tune // Custom 3" DP w/Magnaflow Cat w/ 3" Cut-Out // Custom 3" Exhaust w/Borla XR-1 muffler to dual exit 2.5" (quad tips) & Magnaflow resonator // Custom 3" CAI // SNAAB: Intake // UR: Pulley

For my type of CFE, see above picture, I had to download the new software from this link : https://www.volvotech.eu/downloads/software and selecting the first option of the two (because it says "and older".

FYI,
      Keoni.
      Last edited by tuscani66; 09-12-2017 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuscani66 View Post
      For my type of CFE, see above picture, I had to download the new software from this link : https://www.volvotech.eu/downloads/software and selecting the first option of the two (because it says "and older".

FYI,
      Keoni.
      Correct.
      There are basically 4 types of CFE hardware now;

1- Metal case with DB9 connect and usb, required battery for programming (Most of them are black / dark grey)
      2- Metal case with DB9 pin and usB (Most of them are silver colored)
      3- CFE OBD V1, OBD dongle
      4- CFE OBD V1 Plus, OBD dongle

1,2 and 3 require
      http://www.volvotech.eu/download/sof...bdv1/setup.exe

4 requires
      http://www.belectronics.eu/downloads...plus/setup.exe
      VolvoTech.EU

Please vote...

We're currently working on DIM info for MAF.
      Question now is... how to display!

kg/h ?
      g/s ?

Or is there a typical imperial value for this?
      VolvoTech.EU

Kg/h
      V70 2.4T5 M66 Summum
      Stage 2+ by contrast

kg/h

I've ordered the CFE+ from you guys and already had a CFE full connected to a wiring harness to the rear of my RTI, so that the front OBD port is still usable for diagnostics.
      Is it possible to put the cfe+ into the previous wiring harness?
      FlashCamaSR
      Instagram

So this can be hooked into the RTI? Can you still use it hooked into the RTI, if you're not using the stock head unit?
      2005 V70R

2010 C30 R-Design

Quote Originally Posted by volvotech.eu View Post

Nice! Subscribed, waiting for 04 harness!

What do I have to look for to see if I have the correct oil level sensor? (or was it just 05+?)
      Volvo S60R M66 MY2004

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast