Anyone replace their own brake pads yet? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by Illini-SVT View Post
      Is anyone actually turning their rotors or just buying new ones? At 25k miles, mine have about a 1mm cut from the original pads. Rockauto has new rotors running about $25-50 each. I presume they are just over-the-hub versions with no bearings - much easier to swap out.
      I was wondering the same thing so I'm curious to see what others say - Also, I haven't seen a DIY for replacing ROTORS. Anybody have a link to something that may show that? And/or anything with Torque specs for tightening everything back up?

~Nick

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nas4a View Post
      I was wondering the same thing so I'm curious to see what others say - Also, I haven't seen a DIY for replacing ROTORS. Anybody have a link to something that may show that? And/or anything with Torque specs for tightening everything back up?

~Nick
      Usually rotors are held in place with huge philips screws - hence the necessary torque is "good-n-tight"
      2018 Onyx Black T6 Momentum: Amber, 20" wheels

OEM

Sometimes, I feel like Volvo is ungrateful to all of us, the loyal Volvo customers and the brand fans. It's been more than two years, I'm reading online about their brakes' defects and faulty brake system. So many complaints about the rotors/pads(OEM) and Volvo didn't even care to make a statement regarding the manufacturer' issue. Forget about recall and fixing it for free. When we try manage our life well, we become angry and frustrated as things don't go as intended, and our bad mood is a sign showing we were not able to resolve the conflict. That's what happened to me...few weeks ago, I woke up at 6 in the morning with mood as fragile as bricks, went online and bought myself full rotors/pads set. I know, it's not Urus, but trust me, I never regretted my decision.

IMG_3884.jpg IMG_3883.jpg

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

how much were those EBC?
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls90 View Post
      how much were those EBC?
      Please don't judge me...I knew if I did my homework I'll found those from the photos way cheaper but as I said, I was very upset and didn't care anymore.

Volvo for Life

Anyone replace their own brake pads yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls90 View Post
      how much were those EBC?
      Here're the zinc rotors and the total I paid. Once again guys, do not pay attention to the price. I'm 100% sure you'll find a better ones...

Volvo for Life
      Last edited by bunnny; 02-15-2020 at 04:28 PM.

Nice Thanks good to know alt from OEM.
      Own:
      2018 s90 T6 AWD Inscription w/air suspension B&W Brown interior.
      2017 s60 inscription Platinum FWD
      2003 Oldsmobile Aurora.
      Had:
      2001, 2002 ,Oldsmobile Aurora.
      1998, 1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue.

Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnny View Post
      Sometimes, I feel like Volvo is ungrateful to all of us, the loyal Volvo customers and the brand fans. It's been more than two years, I'm reading online about their brakes' defects and faulty brake system. So many complaints about the rotors/pads(OEM) and Volvo didn't even care to make a statement regarding the manufacturer' issue. Forget about recall and fixing it for free. When we try manage our life well, we become angry and frustrated as things don't go as intended, and our bad mood is a sign showing we were not able to resolve the conflict. That's what happened to me...few weeks ago, I woke up at 6 in the morning with mood as fragile as bricks, went online and bought myself full rotors/pads set. I know, it's not Urus, but trust me, I never regretted my decision.
      SERIOUSLY.

And you add the greedy stealerships to that equation for an utter s**tshow. Witness: a couple of weeks ago, I go in for my 30K service. SA prints "1mm" left on rear brakes, must replace. I go home, look at the outboard pad and it looks 2mm+. Knowing innner pads may wear more severely, I order (aftermarket, just like you) rear pads. Last night I went to install (no need for 9v battery or anything, btw) rear pads and lo-n-behold, inner pads have 2mm+ per caliper as well. It's like the techs didn't bother measuring at all and are in cahoots with the service writers to upsell, upsell, upsell a whopping $400+ brake pad job.

I have NO solution on how to "resolve the conflict" we have w/ these lying sacks of volvo dealers. It's beyond frustrating and now I have to sit on brake pads like a chump for several more months.

11. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3