My V90 - it's here! - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
      1) I think whenever the vehicle brakes the brake lights are lit, regardless of what's actuating them.

2) I hadn't noticed that, but I was surprised how quickly the car accelerated down hills during eco coasting. I end up needing to use the brakes a lot more often.

3) I wouldn't trust it to do that, but if you keep it on you may be able to feel out where it would have steered. It will slow the car slightly in turns sometimes, not sure how the logic works.

Our optional apps are somewhat limited. Going off Memory:

- Glympse
      - Google Local Search
      - Park and Pay (Payment has been disabled recently)
      - Record and Send
      - Weather
      - WikiLocation
      - Volvo ID
      - Yelp

- Pandora
      - Spotify
      - Tune-In
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

My V90 - it's here!

As to the drive modes they donít effect the dash display.I find comfort and dynamic are quite different esp with Polestar.The suspension is firmer and the accelerator more responsive. The steering is firm and it holds gears much longer. Individual gives the ability to set up the car how you want in settings MyCar. But as far as display thatís another part of the settings . You can setup your preference for both and then store to a specific key.if more than one person drives each key can be setup differently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      1) I think whenever the vehicle brakes the brake lights are lit, regardless of what's actuating them.

2) I hadn't noticed that, but I was surprised how quickly the car accelerated down hills during eco coasting. I end up needing to use the brakes a lot more often.

3) I wouldn't trust it to do that, but if you keep it on you may be able to feel out where it would have steered. It will slow the car slightly in turns sometimes, not sure how the logic works.

Our optional apps are somewhat limited. Going off Memory:
      Hi Matt.

1) Yup, think that's the case too. Logically speaking and from a safety POV.

2) Contrasting with "Comfort" mode, can really see the speedo dropping lesser when off the throttle on the same downslopes. Shall make use of this feature more! My first full tank averaged 7.7L/100km only... oops.

3) Asking out of curiosity only. Like the manual advise, I always keep 1 hand on the wheel. Can't completely trust a machine. Just look at "Ex-Machina", haha.

Actually since the car can already read speed limit signs, surely Volvo can have a software update whereby they have an option for PA2 to adhere dynamically to the prevailing speed limits? No danger of the car steering itself into the bushes then.

Thanks for the info of the apps list over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasz1156 View Post
      As to the drive modes they donít effect the dash display.I find comfort and dynamic are quite different esp with Polestar.The suspension is firmer and the accelerator more responsive. The steering is firm and it holds gears much longer. Individual gives the ability to set up the car how you want in settings MyCar. But as far as display thatís another part of the settings . You can setup your preference for both and then store to a specific key.if more than one person drives each key can be setup differently

Thanks for the info Jasz. I don't have AS at the back, so don't think the suspension settings changes.

2 other observations - does anyone wishes the steering wheel's girth is thicker? I don't have big hands, but my ex-V40 steering was nicer to hold... thicker but not as thick as BMW's M steering.

Also, I wish that maybe for sporty driving for a short while (eg. exploiting a short overtaking window), the gearknob can be pushed to the side to enable it? Cos to scroll the thumbwheel to "Dynamic", is quite impossible for these kinda situations.

And lastly, look what greeted me as I started the car this morning? Hope it's not a biggie - some random start-stop fault. Ggr...

Last edited by axl886; 10-26-2017 at 02:19 AM.
      < 2017 V90 T6 R-Design / P* tune / KW V3 & custom spacers / BBS 20" CH-R custom finish / front P* badge / VST front lip / Brembo 18z / RDX lip spoiler / Heico quad tips >
      < 2013 V40 T4 R-Design (bye!) / P* tune / Eibach spacers & springs / 100mm Ti tips / Heico-style flank decals / Dave Barton's moose / OE Revozport A45 spoiler / Advan RSII / Aeroworkz lip / OE Roush extractors / GruppeM intake / de-chromed trim / carbon-wrapped mirrors / painted calipers >

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

My V90 - it's here!

Axl I had exactly the same message about 3 weeks ago. It cleared tHe next day and the dealer said they had not heard of the fault. Iím so pleased you took a photo because I am seeing them tomorrow to pick up my car(again) and I can show them your photo. They charged the battery but about two weeks ago installed a new update (fix) which they said should help.
      I would love to know if you get a solution.
      This is my first Volvo and it has spent more time in the dealer on warranty work than all my other new cars put together. My Jags never had any issues. Even my wifeís wranglers ( US MADE) have spent less time on fixes.I feel like a guinea pig!

I wish that maybe for sporty driving for a short while (eg. exploiting a short overtaking window), the gearknob can be pushed to the side to enable it?
      The shifter CAN be moved to the left for manual shifting. Note the +/- symbol next to the PRND on the tach in your photograph above.

Axl I had exactly the same message about 3 weeks ago. It cleared tHe next day and the dealer said they had not heard of the fault. Iím so pleased you took a photo because I am seeing them tomorrow to pick up my car(again) and I can show them your photo. They charged the battery but about two weeks ago installed a new update (fix) which they said should help.
      Just fyi, my wife had the same 12v error message last week. It went away, but strange now that I see three of us have had the error message.
      Present rides:
      17 Volvo V90CC T6, Convenience, 20" rims, B&W, Polestar (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70, 2013 XC70

Quote Originally Posted by stepwilk View Post
      The shifter CAN be moved to the left for manual shifting. Note the +/- symbol next to the PRND on the tach in your photograph above.
      This caught me off guard during a test drive of the S90...in my wife's XC60 R-Design, moving the shifter left just puts the car in "Sport" mode and continues to shift automatically, unless you depress the steering wheel paddles OR push the gear leaver forward/aft (doing the same thing). It seems in the S90 that it just goes complete manual when moving the shifter left, which I guess makes sense now that this car has "driving modes" and a separate selector. It's too bad that just moving the shifter left doesn't just move the car into a sport transmission mode (which is how BMW does it in their automatics, even though they also have modes).
      2014 BMW 335i M-Sport/6MT
      2014 XC60 R-Design
      2018 S90 Momentum/Polestar

This is my first Volvo and it has spent more time in the dealer on warranty work than all my other new cars put together. My Jags never had any issues. Even my wifeís wranglers ( US MADE) have spent less time on fixes.I feel like a guinea pig!

Glad to help Jasz. Curious - what other issues rgd the car are bugging you? Will update here once I bring it into my dealer for a scratched rear passenger door trim which PDI missed.

Quote Originally Posted by stepwilk View Post
      Yup, this I know. But I referring to more of a case of a "sports mode" enabled, but still with auto shifting (as AudiA4 described further below).

Quote Originally Posted by Surf NH View Post
      Just fyi, my wife had the same 12v error message last week. It went away, but strange now that I see three of us have had the error message.
      Skynet is awakening? Haha. On a related note, the car started up twice this evening without this check-light appearing. We shall see.
      < 2017 V90 T6 R-Design / P* tune / KW V3 & custom spacers / BBS 20" CH-R custom finish / front P* badge / VST front lip / Brembo 18z / RDX lip spoiler / Heico quad tips >
      < 2013 V40 T4 R-Design (bye!) / P* tune / Eibach spacers & springs / 100mm Ti tips / Heico-style flank decals / Dave Barton's moose / OE Revozport A45 spoiler / Advan RSII / Aeroworkz lip / OE Roush extractors / GruppeM intake / de-chromed trim / carbon-wrapped mirrors / painted calipers >

I similarly wish the Dynamic transmission mode as engaged by moving the shifter over, just like your V40 did and my V60 did. Having the rest of the Dynamic Drive Mode stuff (like front/rear power bias, corner traction control, and so on) tied to the transmission's overenthusiastic Dynamic mode is a mistake IMHO. It means I have to shift manually and stay in Dynamic if I want to have those functions without the car running at 4k+ RPMs nearly constantly and drawing a whole lot of unwanted attention.
      2017 V90 Cross Country T6 AWD | Osmium Grey / Charcoal | Convenience Package, Bowers & Wilkins, HUD, Rear Air Suspension, Polestar Optimization
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD | 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design
      Family History: 1983 Volvo 245 | 1987 Volvo 744 Turbo | 1993 Volvo 854 | 2001 Volvo S80 T6 | 2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD | 2013 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD | 2015.5 Volvo S60 Cross Country

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
      Thanks for your reply Matt. It's a small thing I guess...

Another bunch of questions about ACC/PA2:

1) Do the brake lights light up when a car moves in front of the Volvo? I'm assuming yes? Haha.
      Yes they do, its normal application of the brake. Sometimes, collision alert will activate even if you are on Pilot assist.

2) Been playing around in Eco, quite cool to see the "coasting" function when it comes on. But so far, it seems coasting can't be enabled when ACC/PA2 is activated?
      Costing does not work if you are in manual mode, the car is basically in neutral when coasting in eco mode. However, the gas flow in to the engine will be minimal to keep it from stalling.

3) For PA2, assuming I'm doing 110kph on the highway, and there's no cars in sight. If an upcoming bend can only be safely taken at 70kph, will the system be smart enough to reduce speed accordingly to negotiate the bend safely?
      If the car is too fast and cannot follow the lines on the road, it will stop Pilot assist and the car will keep driving straight LOL
      Cheers.

PS: For NA cars, is the selection of downloadable apps vast or limited? We have a pathetic 8 apps here only.. and only TuneIn and Spotify are remotely interesting.
      Only 8 apps in Canada
      replied in bold

My V90 - it's here!

Axl you ask what bugs there are. I live in New Zealand.I traded a new model Jag xj V8 with 25000 miles so I had very high expectations, I was told it was a comparable car.I expected it to ride and perform like the XJ.I now realise I went well down the list. We only took it for about 5 miles half on motorway rest in busy traffic. I then got caught up in a sale war between dealers. As soon as I received it I realised it did not perform or ride the same as the XJ and it had huge road noise on coarse chip. Two features advertised were not there seats didnít fold down in back and no CD player.i couldnít get carplay to work . I have now spent over 6 months getting these issues addressed all of which have been due to glacial response and long periods in the dealers. Took 8 days to do rear seats wheel balance. They didnít do sensus update although assured me they did. Repeated attempts for carplay work around with importer, polestar installation, 12 v light, further updates etc.
      The car is now working well apart from noise issues and the importer is currently changing wheels and installing dynamat I supplied. I use Bluetooth as CarPlay work around just like my XJ.There is no further improvement for the ride which is similar to the XF now.curiously prior to buying Volvo we took an XF for a weekend and didnít buy it because of the ride and noise.
      We live and learn even after 20 new cars.

Last edited by Jasz1156; 10-26-2017 at 02:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yray View Post
      If the car is too fast and cannot follow the lines on the road, it will stop Pilot assist and the car will keep driving straight LOL
      Haha, ain't that right! PA2 did pretty well this morning in stop-and-go traffic.

But I notice at times, if the stop period is too long, the car will not auto-move off from stationary. Wonder what is the max time limit for that NOT to happen.

Also, for slow traffic like this (~40kph), PA2 *did not* prompt me to put my hands on the wheel.

Jasz, sorry to hear of your car problems. Are you on the UK thread with the excessive 20" road noise too? Hope that they get ironed out soon and you can go back to enjoying your car with the terrific driving scenery in NZ.

Random observation of the day: voice command "Stop Navigation" doesn't work!!
      Last edited by axl886; 10-27-2017 at 01:58 PM.

Axl love the video but those armoured police vehicles are scary. Is this the US.?
      Got the car back. Even with all the dynamat and 19Ē wheels there is only a small reduction in road noise. However none of us thought there would be a fix. The plus is the ride has improved so some of the suspension crash and shudder has gone . I will know more as the tyres wear in.
      As to the pilot. It seems to be about seven seconds. You can either touch the accelerator or just press the + button. I too have found you seem to away with hands much longer at low speeds,if you want to play that game just remember it can suddenly grey out without warning.( switch off auto). It also does like sharper corners even at low speeds.
      However it is very reliable overall as is active cruise.

The problem is that youíre driving on the wrong side of the road! LOL.

2014 XC60 R-Design

Axl love the video but those armoured police vehicles are scary. Is this the US.?

No, thatís not in the U.S.

2014 XC60 R-Design

I believe the command is "Clear Itinerary". I know that works for me.
      Current: 2018 V90 T6 | 2020 V60 T8 P*
      Previous: 1972 1800E | 1983 240 DL | 2005 V70R | 2007 C70 T5

You can also say "Pause navigation" & "Resume navigation"
      If you're unsure of the commands, just hit the voice button and say "What can I say" and it'll give you a list of categories to choose and the commands from the category. At least that's how it works in the US, not sure about other countries.
      BTW - Did anyone get a full owner's manual? All I got was the quick manual and was about to order it online, but I mentioned it to the support person on chat and they sent a full owner's manual as well as the Sensus manual for free. Just thought I'd pass that tip along to anyone that's old school and likes to RTFM like me!

Haha, ain't that right! PA2 did pretty well this morning in stop-and-go traffic.

But I notice at times, if the stop period is too long, the car will not auto-move off from stationary. Wonder what is the max time limit for that NOT to happen.

Also, for slow traffic like this (~40kph), PA2 *did not* prompt me to put my hands on the wheel.

Jasz, sorry to hear of your car problems. Are you on the UK thread with the excessive 20" road noise too? Hope that they get ironed out soon and you can go back to enjoying your car with the terrific driving scenery in NZ.

I think time out is about 25secs for traffic assist.

I think I used cancel navigation and it worked.

I believe "cancel guidance" is a suitable command in US English as well.

Nope, somewhere a bit nearer to where you are -Singapore. Those vehicles are probably acquired recently by the local force, to deal with upcoming (inevitable, they say) terror attacks and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezrydyr View Post
      You can also say "Pause navigation" & "Resume navigation"
      If you're unsure of the commands, just hit the voice button and say "What can I say" and it'll give you a list of categories to choose and the commands from the category. At least that's how it works in the US, not sure about other countries.
      BTW - Did anyone get a full owner's manual? All I got was the quick manual and was about to order it online, but I mentioned it to the support person on chat and they sent a full owner's manual as well as the Sensus manual for free. Just thought I'd pass that tip along to anyone that's old school and likes to RTFM like me!
      I download my copy from here: https://www.volvoclub.org.uk/v90manual.shtml

Thanks for the voice command inputs and from the other forummers too. That certainly helped!

Btw, are any of you guys experiencing clicking sound (akin to untightened screw) somewhere from the front right A-pillar? Only happens occasionally on badly-marked road surfaces.

Update: even since the "12V start-stop" checklight came on twice on the same morning last week, it seems to have disappeared since then, hhm.
      Last edited by axl886; 10-29-2017 at 10:35 PM.

My V90 - it's here!

As to full size manual.The importer got one for me around 700 pages but it adds little over the 250 page one.unfortunately there are so many options itís hard to know which applies.for example it has many pages on wifi etc but the all assume you have dedicated sim card.for a flat tyre you have to work out whether you have spare tyre or a spraycan etc etc.
      There are some how to videos on you tube which are much more helpful and are not made by Volvo i.e how to connect cellphone to volvo v90 xc90 s90

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying the cargo space! Can fit in lotta milk tins and diapers from the supermart.

Sat morning walk in the park with my kiddo:

Hi, i m luis from spain, i have a S90

Please can you tell to me if you put spacers only rear or rear and front?

The eibach spacers don t touch the metal when you cargo? You put 10mm or 15 mm for side?

With eibach do you need new bolts?

Thanks.

Hola Luis.

I have 15mm spacers on both front and rear. And having cargo won't make the the tyres rub the fenders, in fact I dare say there's at least another 10mm' worth of horizontal clearance.

Yes, the kit from the Ebay vendor came with longer H&R bolts. Cheers!

Here's her with Eibach spacers and springs, with the new shoes.

Do you happen to have any pics with the bbs wheels before the drop? I think they look great.

Hi Ourdesign . Unfortunately the springs were installed first, followed by the wheels on the same afternoon. So can't help you there...

Just wanted to say I think the wheels look better than I originally thought. At other angles, they look perfect as-is.

A few more daily musings from me.

I know that we can enable mirror auto-dipping feature while in R, but I miss the feature in my V40 whereby, when I disable auto-dipping in R, I can just press the left mirror button when reversing, and it auto-dips to a pre-set level. And then when it's switched out from R, the mirror auto-adjusts to the normal angle.

Likewise, Sensus does not support a hierachy "tree-like" browsing of MP3 files on a thumbdrive?

Really wish Volvo has made this trim 1 big piece instead of 2 and having the joint there. A bit disjointed if you ask me.

And strange enough, the front left "radar" sensor beeped twice today, when I'm nowhere near any obstacle! Either a giant stick insect was resting there temporarily or Chucky is seeking his revenge.
      Last edited by axl886; 11-21-2017 at 10:31 AM.

Anyone knows how come the calibration button for the TPMS seems to be greyed out, seemingly at random times?

Btw twincams, your account is not set up to rcv PM yet - can't reply ya. Can email me at [email protected](dot)com instead? Thanks.
      Last edited by axl886; 12-12-2017 at 12:31 AM.

I thought it was just that the car had to be stopped to initiate calibration. Could be wrong.

I thought when calibrating, the car needs to be moving and takes 10-15min or so, for the system to lock down the values? Haha, how befuddling.

New "mod" I did yesterday:

Gotta trim 1mm off the top of the DIY bracket though; as of now, it's contacting the upper horizontal member in the grille.
      Last edited by axl886; 12-15-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Ok, got some custom-made spacers recently - 20mm F and 25mm R (was 15mm all-round previously). Quite pleased with the "flushiness" results:

This one's kinda weird. Look like I'm running mad negative camber in front, lol. Image distortion perhaps?
      Last edited by axl886; 12-26-2017 at 10:11 AM.

man, that car is a thing of beauty.....nice job.
      Present rides:
      17 Volvo V90CC T6, Convenience, 20" rims, B&W, Polestar (wife's ride)
      16 Audi TT
      Gone but not forgotten: 1988 240DL, 1993 940, 1999 XC70, 2003 XC70, 2009 XC70, 2013 XC70

Looks awesome!

Very nice!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast