My V90 - it's here! - Page 4
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
      Quote Originally Posted by BearRun11 View Post

...and as road biking guy who also has the Volvo crossbars, I had to cut and install the provided rubber fill strips to get my rack to be 'quiet'. The whistling was INSANE without them being in place.
      Ya, I did fill up all the exposed gaps on the 2 cross-bars but the sound still persisted! Ggr.
      < 2017 V90 T6 R-Design / P* tune / KW V3 & custom spacers / BBS 20" CH-R custom finish / front P* badge / VST front lip / Brembo 18z / RDX lip spoiler / Heico quad tips >
      < 2013 V40 T4 R-Design (bye!) / P* tune / Eibach spacers & springs / 100mm Ti tips / Heico-style flank decals / Dave Barton's moose / OE Revozport A45 spoiler / Advan RSII / Aeroworkz lip / OE Roush extractors / GruppeM intake / de-chromed trim / carbon-wrapped mirrors / painted calipers >

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Mind sharing where you picked up the caliper, bracket and rotors?
      I've seen a Stoptech kit for the SPA2 but this is the first im seeing a Brembo.
      These would look great on our Xc90.

I got it from 1 of the local vendors here (go FB search: thebrakeshop sg)... they will install the new calipers (your choice of colour), and mount it with a customized bracket. HTH.
      < 2017 V90 T6 R-Design / P* tune / KW V3 & custom spacers / BBS 20" CH-R custom finish / front P* badge / VST front lip / Brembo 18z / RDX lip spoiler / Heico quad tips >
      < 2013 V40 T4 R-Design (bye!) / P* tune / Eibach spacers & springs / 100mm Ti tips / Heico-style flank decals / Dave Barton's moose / OE Revozport A45 spoiler / Advan RSII / Aeroworkz lip / OE Roush extractors / GruppeM intake / de-chromed trim / carbon-wrapped mirrors / painted calipers >

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

Damn, do you print money for a living or something?
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition, Hilton Tune Stage 1, IPD front strut mount, CX Racing coilovers, 5mm front/10mm rear spacers - current baby.
      98 V70R AWD - Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered on Vogtland with Bilstein Touring, SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T AWD - No mods, got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      Summer play vehicle - 09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

Quote Originally Posted by axl886 View Post
      I got it from 1 of the local vendors here (go FB search: thebrakeshop sg)... they will install the new calipers (your choice of colour), and mount it with a customized bracket. HTH.
      Thanks ..I've reached out for some pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by whitev70r View Post
      Damn, do you print money for a living or something?
      exactly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 Volvo V90 R Design T5 P*(Bursting Blue)
      2018 Tesla Model 3 (Midnight Silver Metallic)
      2014 Honda Odyssey Elite (Family Hauler)

"I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career."

Hats off, kudos! Beautiful, love the way you did up your V90 !!
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition, Hilton Tune Stage 1, IPD front strut mount, CX Racing coilovers, 5mm front/10mm rear spacers - current baby.
      98 V70R AWD - Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered on Vogtland with Bilstein Touring, SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T AWD - No mods, got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      Summer play vehicle - 09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

"I can tell you I don't have money, but what I do have are a very particular set of skills. Skills I have acquired over a very long career."

I like the choice of yellow for the Brembo's
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current
      ’18 V90 T6 AWD R-Design | '18 V90 CC T6 AWD Ocean Race Edition
      '05 CLK55 AMG Vert

Prior Volvo's
      '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 ORE Plat | '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat |’07 S40 T5

Hah... thanks guys. Happy motoring!

So the 2 wheeler needed a trip to the LBS tonight... I guess now I know the seasucker works splendidly on the pana glass roof.
      Last edited by axl886; 02-12-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Hi guys, what's up? Did a couple of changes to the ride, sprayed the BBS to gunmetal.. effect came out a bit too dark but I'll live with it. Also, added a roof lip spoiler.

Drive safe on those wintry roads yo... hopefully DHL will deliver my package from Viva soon.
      Last edited by axl886; 12-09-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Ok, that should be IT for my wagon's personalization process.

Ebay decals as a complementary touch:

Had some tape lying around at home, so...

PS: The Vaitrix tuning looks interesting.

That is a unique bursting blue . Glad you are sharing the transformation, motor on!!!

All the mods looks great. I could pass on the steering wheel tape though As an alternative, do you know if there is a way to remove the glossy black piece at the bottom (with the R-design symbol in it)? Maybe that would look good painted yellow?

How do you like the Heico Exhaust by the way? Do you notice any performance gains?
      Last edited by choochjb; 01-02-2020 at 12:16 PM.
      New Daily Driver: 2018 V90 T6 R-Design - P* Tuned, Passion Red
      Old Daily Driver: 2008 VW MKV GTI - APR Tuned, Candy White
      Backup/Hauler: 2019 Subaru Ascent - LP Aventure Lifted, Abyss Blue Pearl

Quote Originally Posted by walt2810 View Post
      That is a unique bursting blue . Glad you are sharing the transformation, motor on!!!

Quote Originally Posted by choochjb View Post
      All the mods looks great. I could pass on the steering wheel tape though As an alternative, do you know if there is a way to remove the glossy black piece at the bottom (with the R-design symbol in it)? Maybe that would look good painted yellow?

How do you like the Heico Exhaust by the way? Do you notice any performance gains?
      Haha, the tape will (probably) be taken down if/when I get sick of it. No idea about the bottom piece, sorry.

It's just the tips actually.. thought hard about it, and decided at this point in life, I can live without the droning of an aftermarket muffler.

- remember that tune - Motoring!!!

Haha, the tape will (probably) be taken down if/when I get sick of it. No idea about the bottom piece, sorry.

It's just the tips actually.. thought hard about it, and decided at this point in life, I can live without the droning of an aftermarket muffler.
      Same here. Although I am intrigued by the Heico with the flap control, so you can somewhat tone it down if you don't want the angry growl all the time.
      New Daily Driver: 2018 V90 T6 R-Design - P* Tuned, Passion Red
      Old Daily Driver: 2008 VW MKV GTI - APR Tuned, Candy White
      Backup/Hauler: 2019 Subaru Ascent - LP Aventure Lifted, Abyss Blue Pearl

Oh, forgot to mention a happy side-effect - the tailpipe kit comes with the 2 tips and the 2 connecting Y-pipes, so the stock RHS flap/actuator is redundant. My exhaust shop had it tied securely under fyi.

So now, the car has a (very) slightly heightened bauble at idling and driving. According to them, that flap is to help at low-end but very negligible effect in the real world.

Beautiful car, but how do you park that beast in Singapore? Our parking spots barely held a little Accord.

Most of the public lots are ok length-wise, though frequently their width seems to be catered for the comparatively petite dimensions of a typical '80s car.

Hi @axl886

I will soon take delivery of new V90 T6R, unusually excited to get a Volvo after long family loyalty with Lexus. Your posts did have a bit of influence in this decision.

Did you get any grief from Wearnes by changing stock wheels while still under warranty and tied to dealer service? I'm hearing many stories but these are not from actual SG Volvo owners...

Hi monst3r, wow.. so now I can considered an "influencer"? Hah.

Congrats, you must be excited! What colour is it? Actually I changed wheels and springs, plus added spacers not long after delivery. No problems thus far during servicing, that said, I hadn't need to claim any suspension-related stuff, so...

Haha, seeing the mod potential with your build sealed the deal for me.

My color is Denim Blue and if it works out should take delivery just before Chinese New Year. First thing to change are stock wheels, sound system next as I'm a bit bummed it couldn't be spec'd with Bowers & Wilkins.

Hi monst3r, wow.. so now I can considered an "influencer"? Hah.

Congrats, you must be excited! What colour is it? Actually I changed wheels and springs, plus added spacers not long after delivery. No problems thus far during servicing, that said, I hadn't need to claim any suspension-related stuff, so...

27. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4