Anyone here with a Nov20th delivery date - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      Quote Originally Posted by narcisgeorgescu View Post
      I found out also today that my car it is in Toronto and planned to be delivered in Waterllo (2 hours away) only by Thursday?
      (I can track it now through Hansenís web site)

Why the car is planned for delivery only Thursday ... I donít know....

Lots of waiting ...

Sent from my iPhone
      Interesting you say that because my sales rep mentioned that they normally get all their delivery's from Toronto on Friday but the odd time they have arrived on Wed, he is hoping I make the delivery on Friday or I could be waiting another week til following Friday. Bought my winter wheel kit today after he mentioned he thought they were all sold but parts guy figured he had one set left and after searching for awhile he stuck a sticker with my name on the last set, obviously very popular around here .
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription Denim Blue/blond everything but air suspension and B&W.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Anyone here with a Nov20th delivery date

Quote Originally Posted by driver340 View Post
      Interesting you say that because my sales rep mentioned that they normally get all their delivery's from Toronto on Friday but the odd time they have arrived on Wed, he is hoping I make the delivery on Friday or I could be waiting another week til following Friday. Bought my winter wheel kit today after he mentioned he thought they were all sold but parts guy figured he had one set left and after searching for awhile he stuck a sticker with my name on the last set, obviously very popular around here .
      I have my 20í Inscription winter wheels ready also ... ... but I donít have the car.

I called today Concord location and they said that the order was created only today and usually they donít ship sooner than 24/48 hours.

I will monitor to see if they will deliver the car sooner by any chance ... I hope by Wednesday to be at the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone
      Last edited by narcisgeorgescu; 11-13-2017 at 05:18 PM.
      2015.5 XC60 Premier Plus, Polestar, bi-xenon, Tech+Blis Packages, Nav. w/Sensus Connect, Cristal White, 20"Titania Wheels, Integrated Running Bords, Thule Cross Bars, Auto Dimming Side Mirrors, Sport Seats, Dual tone heated steering wheel with paddle shift.

2018 XC90 T6 Inscription AWD, Polestar, Cristal White, Vision, Convenience, Climate/HUD, Protection Packages, B&W, 4-C Air Suspension, 21" Optional Factory Wheels, Iliminated Runing Boards, Skid Plate Front, Front Decor Frame,Thule Cross Bars, Load Opening Strip with Ilumination, Mud Flaps

Woo hoo! Was on the grandpavo though as well. Imagine my surprise when I saw the ship was in Port last week!

NowÖ, How many days will it be before it gets to my dealer?

Also were you given the name of a peson to contact? I donít know if the dealer will call me or I need to call and let them know Iím waiting for the car... just not sure whom I should ask for...

I am so excited 😆 SQEEEEE
      Last edited by Profiler; 11-27-2017 at 01:53 AM.

5. Remove Advertisements
      SwedeSpeed.com
      Advertisements

My car was planned with a 20th Nov delivery date and was shipped on the 26th Oct from Sweden and arrived Halifax morning of 6th Nov.

It then sat in port until 16th Nov before leaving by train for Toronto not sure exactly when it arrived at Concord rail yards but see tonight that Hansen car transport (https://www.lhf.com/en/tracking) picked it up at 8pm and will deliver it to Newmarket sometime on Thursday 23Nov, which means I'll probably get it on Monday or Tuesday next week.

Hopefully this will help anyone trying to figure out a delivery time, pretty well 3-4 weeks from shipping date to delivery depending upon how long it sits in Halifax.

WooHoo!
      2018 XC60 T6 Inscription Denim Blue/blond everything but air suspension and B&W.

How did you get the name of your transport company? Please send the link...

Tick tock...

Quote Originally Posted by Profiler View Post
      How did you get the name of your transport company? Please send the link...

Tick tock...
      Someone else from the XC90 forum who was Canadian mentioned Hansen as the final shipping to dealer.

My XC60 Denim Blue/Amber T6 Inscription arrived in Halifax this morning on the Boheme. New York on the 30th and Brunswick Ga on Dec 3rd, for offload and transport to Chattanooga. Dealer says ready for pickup around Dec 12th. Their first estimate was Brunswick on Dec 11th, so I'm 8 days early. Hpoe I dont lose it in transport. Weather in the southeast looks good for Dec, no ice or snow forecast. Very excited, getting it early will allow us to drive it up to Illinois for my wifes family Christmas party and show it off to all her family

baldad- hope you get yours early. Ours was offloaded in Baltimore on the 20th at 8am and there it still sits. I'm sure the holidays delayed it. The ETA in Charlotte is the 4th, but I don't think it is going to make that date. We're not scheduled to pick it up until the 16th so it really doesn't matter. Now if its late for the 16th then we're out airfare and hotels but don't think that will happen. This OSD is running much slower/later than the last one.
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

Quote Originally Posted by comp1 View Post
      baldad- hope you get yours early. Ours was offloaded in Baltimore on the 20th at 8am and there it still sits. I'm sure the holidays delayed it. The ETA in Charlotte is the 4th, but I don't think it is going to make that date. We're not scheduled to pick it up until the 16th so it really doesn't matter. Now if its late for the 16th then we're out airfare and hotels but don't think that will happen. This OSD is running much slower/later than the last one.
      Mine has been sitting in Port Hueneme since the 17th. My delivery date is the 30th, so not likely to make it. Does seem like Customs came to a screeching halt during the Thanksgiving holiday week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2018 XC90 T5 AWD R-Design | Onyx Black | B&W | 22" Wheels | Carbon Inlays | Convenience | Polestar | CeramicPro 9H | OSD Pickup Sept 2017

comp1 and amiller89, sorry for your delays. I still keep expecting something to go wrong. This is my first special order, and I expect my last. I;m just not built to wait 8+ weeks for a new car. Like a kid, I even printed a picture of the car and a few calendar sheets, stapled them, hung them on the wall and cross off the days. Pretty pathetic, huh? The waiting consumes almost every waking moment, and if our dealer had any stock (which they don't) I'd be down there several times a week drooling over them.

What is interesting about this concept (OSD or Euro Delivery) is that the automakers that do this haven't yet made this a better process. In this day and time of connectivity it would seem like they could automatically send you an email or text when your car passed through checkpoints, if you will, up to and ending with delivery at the dealership. This is our second OSD and while we won't actually go and pick up the car for almost 2 weeks after delivery (we had car delivered to Charlotte NC and we are in Nashville) it feels like this part of it is much worse than waiting to leave for Sweden. We initially ordered in May and didn't leave until mid October. That wait was no problem at all, but this part of it "seems" worse and I think that is a common feeling among OSD'rs. Maybe its that actually taking possession and driving off with the car is more imminent now than the experience in Gothenburg. All in all its a great opportunity and we are already looking at 2019 for an XC40. So Baldag......I do think anticipation is half the fun so continue to check off the days...........and think about driving that car very soon!!!
      The current: 2019 XC40 T5 AWD Inscription/Crystal White/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & Front Seats, 19" wheels
      2018 XC60, OSD T5 AWD Inscription/Denim Blue/Blonde - Adv, Conv, Vision, Heated Wheel & F/R seats.

The old: 2001 S60 - totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 - totaled, 2012 C30 T5 OSD-sold but kept it in the family, 2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige, 2015 Hyundai Genesis.

ccomp1, why did you choose Charlotte and not Nashville? Was Nashville an option or you get it sooner by going to Charlotte? We were in Europe in July and could not justify another trip for OSD. Plus, getting to drive the car and then giving it up for delivery would drive me nuts. As I said, I'm not very patient....

Simply wanted to meet Bob Kennedy. He arranged our OSD order and I thought it woud be nice to meet the Legend.

Quote Originally Posted by driver340 View Post
      Someone else from the XC90 forum who was Canadian mentioned Hansen as the final shipping to dealer.

Hansenís.com

Yes, they are the final shipping company to dealer. I have been to the dealer when my car arrived with their truck.

Tomorrow I supposed to pick up the car.

I had a terrible experience with our dealer.

They donít want to honour the contract both signed they donít want to give the accessory wheels we ordered, they will give me the factory 21Ē optional wheels only.

They told me strait: if I donít like it We can cancel the order but they will not give me the 21í Polishes Turbine wheels from the contract.

Plus the running boards are in backorder and will not be delivered with the car tomorrow... and didnít want to give me a firm date when this will be installed on the car.

I am very disappointed with our purchase so far. I do expect tomorrow other surprises... we will see

The thing is that we sold our second car and we need the car ...

Anyone else experienced the same?
      What should I do tomorrow? We wait since September for this car ....

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone
      2015.5 XC60 Premier Plus, Polestar, bi-xenon, Tech+Blis Packages, Nav. w/Sensus Connect, Cristal White, 20"Titania Wheels, Integrated Running Bords, Thule Cross Bars, Auto Dimming Side Mirrors, Sport Seats, Dual tone heated steering wheel with paddle shift.

2018 XC90 T6 Inscription AWD, Polestar, Cristal White, Vision, Convenience, Climate/HUD, Protection Packages, B&W, 4-C Air Suspension, 21" Optional Factory Wheels, Iliminated Runing Boards, Skid Plate Front, Front Decor Frame,Thule Cross Bars, Load Opening Strip with Ilumination, Mud Flaps

narcisgeorgescu I'm sorry to hear of your continuing delays and now this problem, I suspect you have two choices either try contacting Volvo Canada and hope for a quick resolution before you pick car up or pickup car and finally take delivery and then argue with Volvo Canada from a much weaker position. This probably isn't much help but I still think a contract is a contract and they are required to honor it.

IMHO, bite the bu;;et and walk on the deal. I know this puts you in a real bind without a second car, but if you settle you will never be happy. That XC90 has a lot of options that may make it difficult for them to sell and they may cave on the wheels. Plus, will you ever feel comfortable taking the car in for servicing there? I second contacting Volvo Canada and letting them know the dealer reneged on your deal. I imagine you have something like our BBB that you can file a complaint with. Good luck...

Quote Originally Posted by baldag View Post
      IMHO, bite the bu;;et and walk on the deal. I know this puts you in a real bind without a second car, but if you settle you will never be happy. That XC90 has a lot of options that may make it difficult for them to sell and they may cave on the wheels. Plus, will you ever feel comfortable taking the car in for servicing there? I second contacting Volvo Canada and letting them know the dealer reneged on your deal. I imagine you have something like our BBB that you can file a complaint with. Good luck...
      We took delivery today though , the deal was too god to walk away. The dealer was mad because they didnít make money on the car ... if they would give me the wheels thy will be stripped to the ground .... found all this from someone from inside.

We spent close to 3 hours to go over everything!!

Thank you to all that shared their thoughts and give me different good pieces of info.

I need to install winter wheels on it tomorrow (20Ē Inscription wheels)

Sent from my iPhone

Good to hear everything worked out for the best, don't forget to change your sign in( Awating Factory Order )

My car arrived in Brunswick Ga this afternoon on the Boheme. Now the wait for transport to dealer. They expect delivery to me on the 12th. Kno ck on wood. I was going to print the owners manual, but that sucker is 600 pages! And that doesn't count the other 5 or 6 supplements and manuals.

I was going to print the owners manual, but that sucker is 600 pages! And that doesn't count the other 5 or 6 supplements and manuals.
      If you're worried about not having a hard copy available for if the copy in Sensus isn't available (say if the car has a dead battery, or you don't want to sit in the car while reading the manual), save copies of the manual to your Dropbox/OneDrive/GoogleDrive/iCloud. Save or favorite that copy on your device so your phone doesn't have to re-download it when you need it, that way you can always access the manual on your phone or tablet. It also has the benefit of being searchable (as opposed to paper), and you can take your device with you when you move to the trunk, at the engine bay, or looking under the drivers seat.

Even easier: You can download the manual as an app to your phone. It's called Volvo Manual and you just download the one for your particular car. Works like a charm.
      2018 XC60 Momentum T8 (OSD March 2018)

My car arrived in Brunswick Ga this afternoon on the Boheme. Now the wait for transport to dealer. They expect delivery to me on the 12th. Kno ck on wood. I was going to print the owners manual, but that sucker is 600 pages! And that doesn't count the other 5 or 6 supplements and manuals.
      Printed copies of the manuals can be ordered from Volvo at www.volvotechinfo.com. Navigate to the owner literature section under the store link at top. They're not free and the prices are high but they're available if you're interested. Personally, even though I have digital copies on my computer, phone and tablet, I like having and reading printed manuals so I plan to order a full set when they're all back in stock.

25. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3